Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: RIM, Nokia Fire Back at Apple

Quote Originally Posted by roshansri View Post
    Hey moron, listen your like the biggest apple fan out there from what you just posted, let me shed some light under that rock you live in. First off none of the rim phones let alone nokia I have tested and sold have any issues and this so called death grip. I am so suprised that you got couple of morons on this site point fingers and say its rite on apple's case to call in big guns by pointing fingers. let alone say this death grip is blow out of proportion, when a customer buys a product they have expectation, this is not a small issue we are talking about calls being dropped with this death grip, you are not buying a ipod touch here, empasis on the word "phone" hence people are frustrated cause of this what good is this if you got calls being dropped. Second we just cant turn a blind eye to the fact that oh everything is fixed just add the bumper to the phone its wrong when you build a unit build it rite. When they introduced the ip4 even steave jobs had issues with connecting to the wireless and he blames the crowd for having too many users using there wifi come on what a load of bull. When a company clearly knows that they messed up you they should just simply apologize for their stupidity instead of looking like idiots!!! For all the apple fan boys everyone has the rite to complain or boast just dont go trash talking about other users opinion. Sure apple f'uped but i still like apple some people might not. After this its there choice whether they like apple or not. shut up and just deal with it. P.S Apple you really did mess this one up but steve know matter how old you get and how dum you get you'll still make money so just own up to your mistake moron:!
    Okay Nokia fanboy. Let me shed some light under that rock you live in. 3 Words.

Matters On Area.

Understand? People who are getting these "death grip problems" = 1.7%, live in areas with low reception. And Apple just used those phones to prove they are in a low reception area and they lose bars, just like the iPhone. Understand? It doesn't matter if you tested and sold your phones and checked if they were fine or not. You are not in a low reception area.

You call Steve jobs dumb? I'm quite sure you were dropped on your head as a child.
    Last edited by eZStaR; 2010-07-17 at 06:53 PM.

-Win7 Ultimate Retail Dualboot with Mac OSX 10.5.8 On PC, Core 2 Duo, 4GBRam, 300GB Drive, 500GB External, Nvidia Geforce 8400GS

Priceless lol.

Whoppi Whoppied the iphone4's ***.

YouTube - Whoppi Goldberg Destroyed Her iPhone 4
    Apple are Control freaks we need to stop them before they take over the world!!

Dragging other companies into the mix was unnecessary. Talk about just making the target on your back bigger...And that was an excellent rebutell (sp?) from the RIM CEO. Stevie J should try and hire away some of RIMS epmloyees and maybe he'd get a battery that lasts more that 10 minutes (relax, I'm exagerating to make a point).
    Neo Style by k.nitsua....early front runner for THEME OF THE YEAR

Now in a dead heat with liveOS c/o bluemetal....

Let us all welcome the newest fighter to the TOTY ring...iNavHD c/o reeco

I have had three generations of iPhones, but when it comes to pure cell phone design and utility Nokia > Apple

Thanks

This is amazing!

I guess nobody likes getting criticized by the public! (Not Apple, Not RIM or Nokia either.)
    (It's interesting that neither company disputes the test Apple shared, they just say it's a 'low blow'.)

Now that the shoe is on the other foot, HTC, RIM, Nokia and Motorola Fanboys will deny the problem exists, or proclaim it's some 'low blow' issued by Steve Jobs, or just lash out in ignorance.

I for one, think the whole thing is a crock. For some people signal degradation IS an issue. For many more it is not (for ANY phone). If you have an issues, I'm sure ALL of the manufacturers will do something for you to make it better... But, they will not likely issue a recall. They 'might' be able to address the issue with the next round of devices, which will be every few months anyway!

Competition is GREAT! As consumers we all WIN!... be you fanboy of any company, or non-fanboy but simply need a cell phone.
    - CTRobins
    =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
    When it comes to Humility.... I am the greatest!
    =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Green Apple
    Thanks

Absolutely classless move to throw other companies under the bus to address an issue of your own, whether it's an unfounded issue or not.

Can't say I'm surprised. SJ has always been a tool.

Personally, I think Apple's on a downhill slide. They already peaked and will never reach that height again. Their myopic business model can't sustain itself indefinitely.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

theres a difference between throwing other companies under the bus and showing that this is a common issue. they posted videos on several other manufacturers. had they just picked on one, that would have been different. They displayed quite a few phones. I have a blackberry and a iphone and im in canada the land of rim and i dont even care.

Quote Originally Posted by GrandMstrBud View Post
    If Apple were to release a macbook with dead pixels and come up with a solution like a free VGA cable so you can hook it up to an external monitor and there would be people out there that would accept it as a solution. It's pretty sad how people will stick up for Apple and think they can do no wrong.
    That's a very good point, but they would only give you a cable that would hook to to their own monitors though!

Also own a BB Bold 9700 have had no connectivity issues with it even in limited coverage areas doesn't matter which way I hold it, I'm sure the Apple team developing the iPhone got rushed into things and didn't get a chance to further test it. I agree that their credibility is shattered and they're gonna have to work extra hard to win at most a small percentage back. Design flaws a re design flaws. It's way better admitting than having to point the finger at everyone else and tell them that they also have flaws.

Thanks

I expect this bash to be used in an Apple ad and the Nokia ad.
    Asking for help is different from being stupid. Fanboys can rot in @#$%!

Thanks

So apple made a mistake...i still love my iPhone 4 ! iPhone 5 will be better and will also be in my hands...and my blackberry and my htc evo do the same thing with a deathgrip...

Introducing the iPhone 5. It's revolutionary design pwns reception issues, and in the event of a mugging can be used to beat your attacker to death (if held correctly). Steve Jobs tested and approved.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ronfin44 View Post
    Introducing the iPhone 5. It's revolutionary design pwns reception issues, and in the event of a mugging can be used to beat your attacker to death (if held correctly). Steve Jobs tested and approved.

Where's the USB iPhone port?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by btung View Post
    @Hrethgir by open you mean spam in the "app store", and a phone that self destructs when you try to mod it? Ofc we all love that openness there don't we... Classic example of openness. Yep, people benefit a lot from that, don't they? We all love to have copyrighted content being distributed illegally. I'm not saying that apple doesn't have pointless fart apps in they're app store, but at least they haven't taken over the top tens.
    By "Open", I mean the ability to mod easily, not getting copyrighted stuff illegally or junk apps in the store. There are plenty of those in the App Store too. I have a friend who has an HTC Droid Incredible, and he's done plenty of modding and personalizing without once having it "self-destruct", and he has a much easier time doing that with his phone than I do with mine, because he doesn't need to go through any kind of jailbreak to do it. And I've been able to spend time with Android, it's a very nice OS.

The ip4 is the greatest phone in the planet!!! I have never had a dropped call anywhere I have been.... Even low signal areas!!!!!

If anyone does't like their ip4 return it and get over it or don't buy one!! Settle for whatver other far long second best phone you can find.
    Last edited by allanes5; 2010-07-17 at 08:05 PM. Reason: Mis spelling

16. The Following User Says Thank You to allanes5 For This Useful Post:

eZStaR (2010-07-18)

Thanks

Apple didn't have to tossed other company under the bus. That was a bad move by Steve jobs. He didn't need to show all that statistics either.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Luppin View Post
    Did you really just try to make an >implication on a non-futaba website? Get out.
    >implying

Thanks

Someone made a grammar mistake...

Hmmmm Apple has a issue with the iPhone 4, but they are still smashing everyone else in phone sales. So apparently people will put up with this issue, until it is completely corrected. I still don't think Steve should have thrown everyone else under the bus. RIM there really not even in the picture anymore, Droid is the only real threat to the iPhone, and thats not even realistic. Apple just needs to fix it, and stop with the excusses. I have a iPhone 4, and yes it does have the death grip issue, but hey its the best phone out there, even with the death grip issue.

Come on people, don't you have a heart? Steve told us he loves us. What more could you want? When I bought my HTC WinMo device years ago, no one from HTC or Microsoft told me that they loved me!

All kidding aside, no matter whether the numbers are real or not, no matter who makes a better antenna, right or wrong Apple is standing behind their design, flawed or not, and has guaranteed that if you buy an iPhone 4, you will like it, or your money back!

I wish everything in life had a guarantee like that. If you like the iPhone, buy(keep) it, if you don't like don't buy it or take it back and buy something you do like. If you are just unhappy with Steve Jobs or Apple in general, don't do business with them. There are plenty of choices in phones and computers.

Nobody is going to convince me that my iPhone sucks and nobody is going to convince me that my Windows PC's suck. If there were no such thing as an iPhone, I'm sure I would have no trouble finding a great phone from another company and I'm sure that if one of my computers died and I replaced it with a Mac, I would be happy with it.

No one makes products that are a perfect fit for everyone. Shop around and find what suits you.

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast