Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Debuts Antenna Site to Belabor Point and Bash Rivals

Thanks

score free bumper ftw.

who cares about the antenna problem, most people have cases on their iphones anyway. Also I've talked to some people and they said they have never had this antenna problem. Anyway I would never going to let my iphone out of its case. but please apple release the white iphone sooon!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bunnywhi7e View Post
    I'll tell you what. Some if you don't even deserve to own this device. Go do us a favor and play around with that laggy Android OS or that HTC Evo or something. Apple gave you a choice now. Get a free bumper or return the phone and STFU. MMI is a really cool place with tons of good folks but man I feel like we have a lot of
    immatute kids. I personally have this death grip but its not
    severe and im used by it now. Best phone I ever had.

AND FOR PEOPLE ASKING AND DEMANDING DEV TEAM TO RELEASE A JB PLEASE STOP BEING IGNORANT AND
    GOING OFF TOPIC. Find
    something else productive. I
    swear to god some of you have
    no lives. I partially blame

Mods and admins for these idiotic threads esp when they go off topic. Every time I come
    here i find nothing but
    depressive news.
    +1 to that. could not have said
    It any better

iPhone? More like MyPhone Doran's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cerote View Post
    No 30$ x 30,000 = the ones that actually need it.

Remember this is 1% of buyers that called to complain. The others simply get a free bumper; consider it a free prize in the box like cereal.

Other's that are not happy can simply return it like SJ said. Wait a month or so and see where they stand.
    Actually it was 0.55% of buyers called to complain and 1.7% of buyers returned it, but he said that all iPhone 4 owners will get a free case.

Quote Originally Posted by paganizonda83 View Post
    Does a piece of duct tape fix the signal issue on all of the other brands too?
    Well, if the 0.55% of people who are calling Apple about this issue want to fix their iPhone 4 with duct tape, that's an option. The other 3 million of us will keep using our phones as normal.

Less than 1% is not acceptable to a world class manufacturer. I'm not going to praise apple but this phone is definately superior to it's predecessors. YES my phone has some signal issues but those issues do not outweigh the overall benefit of the phone. I honestly feel that many of those experiencing issues are not complaining, rather waiting to see what may happen. I'm not complaining and strongly urge those that are to return the phone. If it's truly that bad [don't forget I'm experiencing these issues and don't feel it is worth returning my phone] then take the damn thing back and quit ********. Really! I would like to think that the majority of individuals that can afford a device such as this are responsible enough to make an educated decision as a consumer and return a product you are not satisfied with. F%^' people. Grow up!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,182 Times in 915 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Doran View Post
    Actually it was 0.55% of buyers called to complain and 1.7% of buyers returned it, but he said that all iPhone 4 owners will get a free case.
    Yep so when I go in to get my white one at the end of the month I am gonna ask for my free toy with my happy meal. Gonna use it even if I don't have a problem.
    [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cer0 For This Useful Post:

area51crypto (2010-07-17), Doran (2010-07-17), kuhndsn (2010-07-17)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pjbtk View Post
    score free bumper ftw.

who cares about the antenna problem, most people have cases on their iphones anyway. Also I've talked to some people and they said they have never had this antenna problem. Anyway I would never going to let my iphone out of its case. but please apple release the white iphone sooon!!!
    My concern is this... what do you think your phone will be worth if they release a revised (hardware) version that fixes the issue?

... let's also say they release it in a month when your 30 day return policy is up. Would you be upset?

That's my only gripe with the current situation. Love the phone, hate the attitude from Apple.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Haha all I got to say is welcome to the big time apple. When your products are "elite" and only a select group has them you don't really see this push but now that the iPhone is so popular in all types of markets people out there are going to find flaws to make a name for themselves and a bad name for you.

The cancer patient getting really angry after dashing his Hawaii holidays for all these complaints! Good job Jobs! But he should come to Mauritius, there he will get rid of the nasty disease!

Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by h2a View Post
    Well, if the 0.55% of people who are calling Apple about this issue want to fix their iPhone 4 with duct tape, that's an option. The other 3 million of us will keep using our phones as normal.
    I think you missed the point of my post...

It is understood that pretty much every cell phone can lose reception if held improperly, I'm not arguing that. The point I was trying to make was that if applying a relatively thin non-conductive material to the location alleviates the majority of the signal loss when holding it in the exact same "death-grip" position, then there is more at play than just the general interference that plagues all cell phones in the world.

Don't get me wrong, I love my i4 and thankfully I'm rarely in a low to average coverage area so this issue doesn't effect me much at all (I do have a bumper but I don't like it all that much, I personally prefer the feel of the bare phone), nor was I expecting Apple to offer to replace all phones sold up to this point. They basically offered about as good of a deal as they realistically could. What I take issue with is how they first tried to ignore and dismiss the problem ("just don't hold it that way") and then today quasi-addressed the problem and tried to dance around it then point the finger at the competition and show their phones have signal issues too. As an earlier poster stated, Apple products are supposed to be superior to the competition, not on par with it.

Also, as I pointed out in a previous post, Apple has in no way, shape, or form fixed anything. All they have accomplished is to offered a way to circumvent the issue at hand.

Thanks

First off, that .55% failure rate is only that low because not everyone that is having issues has called apple to complain. I bet it doesn't include those calling AT&T with issues. 2nd, I've tried the death grip on my i4 and have seen the bars drop from 5 to 0 within a matter of a minute to 2. I'm not a lefty so it's not that serious to me not to mention the fact that I always buy a case because I'm prone to dropping my phone or forget it's on my lap as I exit my vehicle. If people are having issues, just return it for a refund and wait 'til the revised i4's start rolling out. If you don't, then take a free case and live with it. I had a lot of respect for apple, but I must say, the way they've handled this issue is unlike them and totally unprofessional.

I guess the real question in this whole thing is why are there so many people bashing the iphone 4 over the fact that the phone is not working and yet there aren't that many that are ready to return it - as the previous post says.

or at least let them hear ya' call them & email them!
    Last edited by mozarela; 2010-07-17 at 05:20 AM. Reason: adding stuff

Quote Originally Posted by LSZ33 View Post
    First off, that .55% failure rate is only that low because not everyone that is having issues has called apple to complain. I bet it doesn't include those calling AT&T with issues. 2nd, I've tried the death grip on my i4 and have seen the bars drop from 5 to 0 within a matter of a minute to 2. I'm not a lefty so it's not that serious to me not to mention the fact that I always buy a case because I'm prone to dropping my phone or forget it's on my lap as I exit my vehicle. If people are having issues, just return it for a refund and wait 'til the revised i4's start rolling out. If you don't, then take a free case and live with it. I had a lot of respect for apple, but I must say, the way they've handled this issue is unlike them and totally unprofessional.
    1. If the complain rate of 0.55% is so low because not everyone who was having issues contacted AppleCare, thats their own damn fault. if you buy a product and it doesn't work how it's advertised, generally you contact the manufacturer. That's just scraping for an excuse, and i'm sorry but it doesn't work.

2. How is this issue being handled unprofessionally? They admitted that the phone antenna has a more obvious weak point than other phones, offer full refunds to customers within 30 days, and are giving cases to everyone else who would like to use it in order to improve upon the issue. And for the 99.45% of us who don't seem to have the problem, we get to keep using our iPhone 4, the best smartphone in the world. I don't see how any of these solutions or responses are unprofessional. What do you want? A free iPhone 5?
    Last edited by h2a; 2010-07-17 at 05:29 AM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me kuhndsn's Avatar
    Thanks

Yet another "spin" article by this author. MEH. Fit right in with fox and CNN.

Hey all I hate Apple and all they stand for no matter what they do. So I'll write for a site dedicated to people who come here to share ideas and knowledge for Apple devices. Meh

how come that can't just make a recall already and finish all this talk about the problems it has

Quote Originally Posted by QuinnNebula View Post
    how come that can't just make a recall already and finish all this talk about the problems it has
    why would they recall a product that is selling faster than they can produce it, with higher satisfaction ratings and lower return rate than any previous version?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AUSTIN3:16 View Post
    Actually when I had my 3GS it would drop a couple of bars when I gripped it but, I thought nothing of it as my Blackberry and Blackjack did the same thing. It only would happen when I was in areas of a weaker signal. My iPhone 4 seems to perform better than my previous 5 phones. The Death Grip only happens in weaker signal areas.
    Your last sentence is very intuitive. Why? Well, I have a 3Gs. No signal loss what so ever in high reception areas. Now, I live in a home out in the woods where the signal is weak. It's fine at times and others it's looking for service. Now, to the meat of it all... I have a new trent battery case. It's not metal but some sort of non conductive composite material. And guess what. In my 'weak' area of reception... it goes completely to crap. When I take it out of the case, it gets 1-2 bars. Co-eenk-a-dink? Now mind you the antenna is on the inside of the phone, and the I4 is on the outside. C'mon folks, think! As quite a bit have been saying, you don't like it, return it.... period, end of story.

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzy714 View Post
    So is 3 bars the new 5 bars or some sh-t? Funny how they test the other phones with 5 bars and both iPhones with 3 bars. Honestly, I have 3 bars right now and it's been like that the past hour - 3 bars is what I'm getting 75% of the time with my phone. I think this update screwed us and is showing even weaker signal than what we really have, so that way when we do this death grip it only drops 2 bars or so. Apple can kiss my *** at this point.
    So, out of 1.7million phones sold, their loss of you as a customer, it's laughable that you even tell a company as large as apple to kiss your ***... Grow up sonny, it's not all about the product, there is a business to run behind that also.
    Last edited by kingjust; 2010-07-17 at 05:45 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

19. The Following User Says Thank You to kingjust For This Useful Post:

kuhndsn (2010-07-17)

Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kuhndsn View Post
    Yet another "spin" article by this author. MEH. Fit right in with fox and CNN.

Hey all I hate Apple and all they stand for no matter what they do. So I'll write for a site dedicated to people who come here to share ideas and knowledge for Apple devices. Meh
    There is no more "spin" in this article than there is on the apple.com/antenna page it is discussing.

Being critical of Apple means you hate them and all they stand for? I'd see it more as holding a great company accountable and helping to make sure they sustain that greatness. What would you prefer we do, give Apple reach-arounds all day and let them rest on their laurels?

Go through his previous articles and you will see that I'm certainly one of the most critical members when it comes to Messany, but I have to disagree with you on this one.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hellsale View Post
    Steve mentioned that only a few iphone 4′s are experiencing the “death grip.” Lets show him the real number! Vote at Iphone 4 Death Grip Count | The iphone 4 death grip counting has begun
    LOL, it's says 25... and you know what else, this is as bad as some of the other idiots on here saying that he is a child or is being idiotic pointing out others problems. What you fail to realize is that ANYONE can post on here. That is the most contrite website and attempt to derail such a good product. Gloriously funny!

Quote Originally Posted by arias51 View Post
    I have a few issues with this whole i4 antennae problem.

1. I don't like the how Apple is handling this; 1st denying the problem, then blaming it on the customer, and finally on every other smart phone in the market.

2. A bumper is not a solution to the problem, it's a band-Aid fix.

3. Why is Apple only offering free bumpers until September? Will the problem be fixed by then? My concern is they revise the phone and fix the issue on future models. Now everyone currently with an iPhones will have version 1 (AKA Antennae problem) that future iPhones will not. This will make my phone far less desirable for resale when my contract is up.
    If that is the case, I would rather return my phone now and wait for an updated version later this year.

I also called Apple tech support with that same question. They stated if a new revision does come out, (unless there is a hardware recall) you will not be able to exchange your phone.
    How many PS3's were perfect out the box, how many failed? How many XBOX 360's were perfect and failed? Why do people have such unbeleivable expectations over techy gear when perfection is such a utopian thought and that not of reality. Grow up people, nothing is perfect and every NEW product will have it's ratio of 'bad ones', that's the nature of the industrial world. Also, if you don't like it return it and go get a droid or some ****... sheesh
    Last edited by kingjust; 2010-07-17 at 06:13 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by santacruzlocal View Post
    $29.99 X 3,000,000 < Fix for Antenna problems ... ?
    Yeah except the bumper probably literally costs like $0.08 to produce.....

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast