Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Free Bumpers for All as Steve Jobs Defiantly Praises iPhone 4 at Apple Press Conference

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iSteed View Post
    Dude! Seriously??? If you hate jobs... Apple... IPhones that much go else where. I think your the fuktard!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Happy Noodle Boy View Post
    I can't tell which annoys me more: crApple or M$
    +1
    If I helped at all, hit thanks! ------------>

iPhone 4, you will soon be mine.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Where does it say free bumpers?

"Since Apple can't build its own Bumpers fast enough, it will give you a few options and let you decide, then send it your way for free as long as you purchased the phone before September 30th. Not good enough for you? Well, if you already bought a bumper from Apple you'll get a refund, and you can also return your phone for a full refund within 30 days as long as it's unharmed"

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TheOnlyest View Post
    Clearly you missed the ENTIRE point of that post, its about this laim "fix" that crApple has offered, NOT A REAL SOLUTION!
    I actually dont have the "death grip" problem with my 4, and i'm undecided on returning it!
    Those facts have NO BEARING on my opinion of crApples resolution OR my OPINION of the people who are affected and accept this BS "fix" as a permanent solution to a MAJOR design and/or manufacturing flaw!

If anyone is a hypocrite, its you! Bashing me for "forcing my thoughts"? Isnt that what these forums ARE FOR?? and isn't that exactly what you just did to me!?!? So shut up and go get your damn free bumper!

"In this country, you can get anyone to do anything... but first you've gotta promise them a free t-shirt" -George Carlin
    This is funny.

How do you expect them to create a permanent solution then? Recall all the phones, do a full refund and wait 11 months for the production of a newer, better iPhone (which'll happen anyway)? Given the options out there now, this is the best solution feasible.

1) Return the phone if you really don't want it because of
    a) problems with reception
    b) proximity sensor
    c) sand in your vagina

2) If you want to keep the phone you can:
    a) get a free case
    b) get a refund on a case already purchased

They've given you the out you seem to want without having any sort of depreciation of value to the phone for its use over the last 3 weeks-1 month. Ferrari sure won't give you a cost-free way out of a handmade car with defects.

The only permanent solutions if you don't want a case is to live right smack next to an AT&T tower or live as we all have had to on a 3GS, 3G or a 2G with dropped calls passing under a bridge, tunnel, overpass, driving through the country, or walking near load bearing walls. That's more of an issue with AT&T and the signal frequency they use rather than the phone itself.

Cell phones drop calls, fact of life. Happened on my old school N-V, a blackberry, iPhone 2g, 3g, 3gs, and of course the 4. It also happens on Sprint's network with Palm's and HTC Evo 4g.

There is no, and won't be, any magical fix for the device. Apple, in a rare moment where they had less hubris than is standard operating protocol, admitted some fault, offered solutions and basically did damage control. HTC, Motorola, Nokia and Palm wouldn't be anywhere remotely close as far as response, nor would the media care nearly as much.

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to SpartanWraith For This Useful Post:

Dj Meltdown (2010-07-16), dstarnik (2010-07-16), iSteed (2010-07-16), kuhndsn (2010-07-16), tecpunk64 (2010-07-16), Windmeel (2010-07-17)

Free bumper for now. Free hardware fix when it is available. Do I ask too much?

Quote Originally Posted by goodgod2 View Post
    Although the antenna issue is there.... but the majority of people aren't returning their beloved iPhone 4, So Apple did what's less damaging to them...which is free bumpber. What did you expect Apple to do?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by QuinnNebula View Post
    OMG free bumpers? that's know they are going to fix it? how come they just can't redesign the phone with the antenna on the inside... can't be that hard
    It is if you want a functional phone within the next year.

I think that the reason there have been so few returns is because 1: aside from the Death Grip issue the phone is killer and people are torn between returning a phone and going back to a 3GS and just living with the flaw and getting a case... and 2. THEY WERE WAITING TO SEE WHAT THE HELL APPLE WAS GOING TO DO ABOUT IT. WOULD THE SOFTWARE FIX RESOLVE THE ISSUE, WOULD THEY ALLOW RETURNS, WOULD AT&T REFUND THEIR CONTRACT ETC... most people who have an issue, like myself, were waiting to see if Apple would Own up to this and fix it.. now that we know what their plan is I wouldn't be surprised if we see a flood of returns. (I am going to. I have a week left of my 30 days and I am going to hedge my bets and wait of this issue to mature before I commit to the iPhone4. I will be very sad to give it up. (I guess it goes to prove that early adopters run the risk of faulty designs.)

No malice toward Apple, just want to protect myself from being stuck with a phone that turns out to be a lemon.

Peace!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by eJunkier View Post
    Free bumper for now. Free hardware fix when it is available. Do I ask too much?
    The only way you'd have a hardware fix is to have an antenna shielded inside the phone, so go trade your iPhone4 for a 3GS and problem solved.

Then you'll just get dropped calls and blame AT&T instead. I get dropped calls all the time on my 3GS with 5 bars all the time.

My iPhone is a Part of Me kuhndsn's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GreenMachine View Post
    I didn't call to complain about dropped calls because they were already well aware of the issue and wouldn't be able to do anything for me. The 1.7% is not an accurate number.
    Glad to see that ATT is represented here with the accurate numbers... So..... What is the accurate number? remember, slander is not only rude childish but also dangerous... I imagine that dropped calls can also be related to the service... I know several non iPhoners on a blackberry with the same att service and they have dropped calls as well... hell even my neighbor that is on verizon has dropped calls.

Bottom line is if you are going to claim false claim by a company at least do them some respect with providing some sort of educated and accurate stats,,,

10. The Following User Says Thank You to kuhndsn For This Useful Post:

dstarnik (2010-07-16)

But I like my shiny stainless steel bezel look. Good thing I don't have a problem with reception really. I'll put in for a free bumper anyway...CUZ IT'S FREE! But I'm really waiting for SwitchEasy to make a 'Rebel M' type case. JAILBREAK COMMENCE!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SpartanWraith View Post

1) Return the phone if you really don't want it because of
    a) problems with reception
    b) proximity sensor
    c) sand in your vagina
    I lol'd
    Last edited by adp; 2010-07-16 at 08:59 PM.
    If I helped you out, please use the Thanks button ------------------------->

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MikeMash View Post
    I think that the reason there have been so few returns is because 1: aside from the Death Grip issue the phone is killer and people are torn between returning a phone and going back to a 3GS and just living with the flaw and getting a case... and 2. THEY WERE WAITING TO SEE WHAT THE HELL APPLE WAS GOING TO DO ABOUT IT. WOULD THE SOFTWARE FIX RESOLVE THE ISSUE, WOULD THEY ALLOW RETURNS, WOULD AT&T REFUND THEIR CONTRACT ETC... most people who have an issue, like myself, were waiting to see if Apple would Own up to this and fix it.. now that we know what their plan is I wouldn't be surprised if we see a flood of returns. (I am going to. I have a week left of my 30 days and I am going to hedge my bets and wait of this issue to mature before I commit to the iPhone4. I will be very sad to give it up. (I guess it goes to prove that early adopters run the risk of faulty designs.)

No malice toward Apple, just want to protect myself from being stuck with a phone that turns out to be a lemon.

Peace!

This I can agree with. I was waiting to buy an iPhone 4 more on fixing the proximity sensor and having a variety of cases come out first that I could choose from, and of course, jailbreak :P

Just think the more ppl using bumpers the less chance ppl have breaking there phone.

I would have signal problems like this any day of the week than have to put up with slow un responsive phone software (htc,nokia) and poor quality digitizers (htc,nokia,samsung,rim)and **** software to navigate through (any other handset).

So the iphone 4 is a bit of a pain in the *** it still beats the competition (look im not comparing a phone with a car !!).

You people are never happy. First everyone wanted an i4. Now those who have one complained that there need to be a fix and we should get free cases. Now apple says we get free cases or you can return you phone. Give me a break, if you dont like it return it and move on. If you do like it then get you a free case and move on. You waste to much time crying and complaining and when something is done your still not happy which means you will never be happy unless your phone rings one day and its Steve Job calling to say hes sorry. Return your phone or f'in upgrade the firmware and get you a free case. Bunch of babies.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to ctstiffler For This Useful Post:

dstarnik (2010-07-16)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by adp View Post
    I lol'd
    lol, its the best way to describe all of this :P

I had a white Bumper already ordered so I called Apple and they waived the fee, although they are still charging me for shipping.

I felt like pressing the issue that shipping should be waived but figured I'd wait and see what happens next week. Anybody thing theyll offer the free Bumper but still charge shipping?

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TheOnlyest View Post
    Wow, you brain-dead crApple disciples never cease to blow my mind... You tards really think this "fix" is acceptable??

I'm a Ferrari "fan-boy", but if my new 458 Italia comes with a hole in the engine block, NO WAY am I gonna accept a free blob of silicone or duct tape over the hole as a "fix"!! Would YOU!?!?!

You fools can hate and flame on me all you want for this comment, but at least I am capable of deductive reasoning and individual thought!

All I can do now is PRAY that the backlash to crApple from the media and people with a brain, finally buries them and brings that arrogant fuktard Steve Jobs to his knees!
    Nice to see Steve Balmer back on the forums, welcome home!!! So how's your iPhone 4 working for you??

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Tyronal For This Useful Post:

dstarnik (2010-07-16)

I dont want a bumper, the one I bought on day 1 doesn't fix deathgrip for me. Apple you have finally failed me </3

Green Apple
    Thanks
    “I can understand why you'd recall a car. I can understand why you'd recall a baby product,” Needham & Co. analyst Charles Wolf told the San Jose Mercury News this week. “But you don't recall a phone that drops calls. That's preposterous.”

Uhm, hey Mr. Wolf.. it's not a PRODUCT that drops calls, its a PHONE that drops calls.

Quote Originally Posted by allicatmeow View Post
    i can't take you seriously, man. "crApple"? come on.
    Accepted, but my point is completely valid and objective!

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Noodle Boy View Post
    I can't tell which annoys me more: crApple or M$
    Because I respect you as I do, I retract the term "crApple" and wont use it here anymore. Oh, and I meant that sincerely, NOT sarcastically!
    Praise the Devs! To each and every one of you who spend your time writing code and making apps for little or no profit... Its YOU that makes the iPhone great, NOT Apple!! From me to you, a million thanks!!

Thanks

havent purchased the phone yet, waiting for the white to drop now with that being said does anyone have any insight to how the free case/bumper will work with that, do i get it with the phone whenever i would purchase or is this only for people who have bought one up to date?
    Quote Originally Posted by ??????
    Hi. Does anyone know is iBlacklist available in the app store? can it only be purchased outside the app store? If so, is it hard to install? Thanks everyone.

Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast