Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Free Bumpers for All as Steve Jobs Defiantly Praises iPhone 4 at Apple Press Conference

My iPhone is a Part of Me zinjen's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Noodle Boy View Post
    The phone has been out for 22 days. Less than a month. To have expected anything else at this point in time is ludicrous. Honestly, the bumper fix is the ONLY card they could realistically play.

They already said that they'll keep researching closely on the antenna. I've said it before, but revisions like this as obvious as they may be take months at a minimum to get to the consumer. Halting current production, delayed international release dates, coming with the fix in such a small timeframe and finally recalling replacing the existing 3 million phones would not only be impossible, it's cost would be in the billions.

Today Apple took the issue head on, dances somewhat around it while admitting that there is something going on. They also provided you with the only solution they could honestly give while giving you options within it (not just bumpers for free).

The situation sucks, the death grip is very real, but Apple like any corporation is a huge machine. You can't just stop it, apple a fix, and resume. These fixes will take time.

I honestly don't expect to see a hardware fix until the next iPhone and we'll have to ride this year out with bumpers or iPhone-less.
    Well said. Why not offer a voluntary exchange for those effected then? If this is not effecting all users then it would be safe to say everyone has the deathgrip problem but only those are effected by there area coverage? I'm just confused on why they are saying new phones being released are not experiencing the same issues.
    Don't forget to hit the thanks button if you liked what I said or did

Thanks

Free Case! That's a WIN for me!

Signal degradation of my iPhone 4 has never affected me... EVER!
    If you have an iPhone 4 ... and you don't like it... Bring it back!
    If you DON'T have an iPhone 4... thanks for you're support in getting me a free case. But now, you're help is no longer needed... find another cause to back. (the less Ignorant people on my side the better!... nothing personal.)
    - CTRobins
    =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
    When it comes to Humility.... I am the greatest!
    =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

3. The Following User Says Thank You to ctrobins For This Useful Post:

dstarnik (2010-07-16)

iPhone? More like MyPhone geoffe's Avatar
    Thanks

I am not sure about the bumper. I have an iFrogz case that is not helping me at all. I drop calls all the time. Never dropped a call on my 3Gs. Is the bumper any better than a standard case?

Steve said only 1 out of 100 calls dropped, if I'm not mistaken? Haha I drop 1 out of 3.

Thanks

I didn't call to complain about dropped calls because they were already well aware of the issue and wouldn't be able to do anything for me. The 1.7% is not an accurate number.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to GreenMachine For This Useful Post:

taz1981m (2010-07-16)

Quote Originally Posted by Airbrushkid;
    Like I said on other forums I never had any of these problems. Not even a dropped call and i make at lease 30 calls a day. I feel sorry for the ones that do. But hey I'll take a free case.
    I agree...I haven't had a problem since day one. But I'll certainly take a free case!

Quote Originally Posted by codchamp16 View Post
    Lol, I still use it too. Guilty
    Anyway, no case would fit in the dock

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Perfect resolution!

If you like you iphone 4 and can live with a case...we'll give you one for free! Notice, they never stated a free BUMPERS, they stated a free CASE.

If you don't like the above....RETURN THE DAMN PHONE AND GET SOMETHING ELSE. END OF STORY!!!!
    Last edited by shawn o; 2010-07-16 at 08:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kuhndsn View Post
    THen return it!!! Does someone have a gun to your head to keep it? If you have individual thought than take that thought and buy a Nokia or equivalent that has stamps on it that say "don't touch here". Stop your crying and go return it. You are not happy so be the individual thinker you are and make yourself individually happy like other individual thinkers that think its good. Your forcing your thoughts as well... Stop being a hypocrite... I mean really some people are not happy that is fine as it is that some are not. THERE ARE OTHER MANUFACTURES FOR PHONES OUT THERE. GO GET ONE AND STOP MAKING YOURSELF UNHAPPY WITH YOUR CURRENT FERRARI...

GEEEEZZZ PEOPLE ITS ENOUGH
    Clearly you missed the ENTIRE point of that post, its about this laim "fix" that crApple has offered, NOT A REAL SOLUTION!
    I actually dont have the "death grip" problem with my 4, and i'm undecided on returning it!
    Those facts have NO BEARING on my opinion of crApples resolution OR my OPINION of the people who are affected and accept this BS "fix" as a permanent solution to a MAJOR design and/or manufacturing flaw!

If anyone is a hypocrite, its you! Bashing me for "forcing my thoughts"? Isnt that what these forums ARE FOR?? and isn't that exactly what you just did to me!?!? So shut up and go get your damn free bumper!

"In this country, you can get anyone to do anything... but first you've gotta promise them a free t-shirt" -George Carlin
    Praise the Devs! To each and every one of you who spend your time writing code and making apps for little or no profit... Its YOU that makes the iPhone great, NOT Apple!! From me to you, a million thanks!!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to TheOnlyest For This Useful Post:

SpartanWraith (2010-07-16)

Quote Originally Posted by TheOnlyest View Post
    Wow, you brain-dead crApple disciples never cease to blow my mind... You tards really think this "fix" is acceptable??

I'm a Ferrari "fan-boy", but if my new 458 Italia comes with a hole in the engine block, NO WAY am I gonna accept a free blob of silicone or duct tape over the hole as a "fix"!! Would YOU!?!?!

You fools can hate and flame on me all you want for this comment, but at least I am capable of deductive reasoning and individual thought!

All I can do now is PRAY that the backlash to crApple from the media and people with a brain, finally buries them and brings that arrogant fuktard Steve Jobs to his knees!
    Dude! Seriously??? If you hate jobs... Apple... IPhones that much go else where. I think your the fuktard!!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to iSteed For This Useful Post:

dstarnik (2010-07-16)

Quote Originally Posted by shawn o View Post
    Perfect resolution!

If you like you iphone 4 and case live with a case...we'll give you one for free! Notice, they never stated a free BUMPER, they stated a free CASE.

If you don't like the above....RETURN THE DAMN PHONE AND GET SOMETHING ELSE. END OF STORY!!!!
    yes they did, but they also stated they won't have enough, so cases will also be issued as an option.
    Really?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by geoffe View Post
    I am not sure about the bumper. I have an iFrogz case that is not helping me at all. I drop calls all the time. Never dropped a call on my 3Gs. Is the bumper any better than a standard case?

Steve said only 1 out of 100 calls dropped, if I'm not mistaken? Haha I drop 1 out of 3.
    Maybe you have the sensor issue ?

iPhone? More like MyPhone allicatmeow's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TheOnlyest View Post
    Clearly you missed the ENTIRE point of that post, its about this laim "fix" that crApple has offered, NOT A REAL SOLUTION!
    I actually dont have the "death grip" problem with my 4, and i'm undecided on returning it!
    Those facts have NO BEARING on my opinion of crApples resolution OR my OPINION of the people who are affected and accept this BS "fix" as a permanent solution to a MAJOR design and/or manufacturing flaw!

If anyone is a hypocrite, its you! Bashing me for "forcing my thoughts"? Isnt that what these forums ARE FOR?? and isn't that exactly what you just did to me!?!? So shut up and go get your damn free bumper!

"In this country, you can get anyone to do anything... but first you've gotta promise them a free t-shirt" -George Carlin
    i can't take you seriously, man. "crApple"? come on.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to allicatmeow For This Useful Post:

dstarnik (2010-07-16)

Quote Originally Posted by StevenB View Post
    DON'T RELEASE THE JAILBREAK YET!

This is a ruse from Apple. They show you a hand of "fixing antenna issue" with this release, then you release JB, then they release the fix for proximity issue a few days later and brick phones.

Sneaky Jobs...like my VC enemy in 'Nam.
    That's pretty much the dumbest thing ever written.

Quote Originally Posted by XFaega View Post
    Talk about lame. Free bumper. Just as I thought. I think Apple might have dug themselves a grave. No real answers for a fix for the death grip problem, just a free bumper. Wow!
    Although the antenna issue is there.... but the majority of people aren't returning their beloved iPhone 4, So Apple did what's less damaging to them...which is free bumpber. What did you expect Apple to do?

20. The Following User Says Thank You to goodgod2 For This Useful Post:

eJunkier (2010-07-16)

My iPhone is a Part of Me kwickone's Avatar
    Thanks

I hope we can all move on now. I need a jailbreak-fix badly for my i4! I really hope we can release the JB before 4.1 is released...but I understand if the devs want to wait.
    kwickone I.T.H.

I can't tell which annoys me more: crApple or M$

Quote Originally Posted by kwickone View Post
    I hope we can all move on now. I need a jailbreak-fix badly for my i4! I really hope we can release the JB before 4.1 is released...but I understand if the devs want to wait.
    No kidding. My phone looks awful with all these default icons.

This is not that simple for Apple. Up to now, Apple still denies being a design flaw. I don't think that Apple wants to deny, but they have to deny being a design flaw. If Apple acknowledges this, Apple will become iPhone-less before the hardware modification implemented and approved by FCC. Does anyone think that Apple dare to sale a product with design flaw knowingly?

Called UPS, she is in box and waiting for pickup.

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Noodle Boy View Post
    The situation sucks, the death grip is very real, but Apple like any corporation is a huge machine. You can't just stop it, apple a fix, and resume. These fixes will take time.

I honestly don't expect to see a hardware fix until the next iPhone and we'll have to ride this year out with bumpers or iPhone-less.

OMG free bumpers? that's know they are going to fix it? how come they just can't redesign the phone with the antenna on the inside... can't be that hard

Quote Originally Posted by zinjen View Post
    I'm truly amazed at the feedback on here. For those who use a case I understand but those who were sold on the sleek design.. thoughts?

It's like buying a new corvette at the dealership and them saying "Don't drive it that fast or you will need to put a bra on the front bumper"
    No more car analogies, please!

Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast