Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast
Results 341 to 360 of 411

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Free Bumpers for All as Steve Jobs Defiantly Praises iPhone 4 at Apple Press Conference

  1. #341
    if there will be a choice of cases...can i have Vapor case...lol...wishful thinking...

  2. #342
    every apple product has apple care, thats what they call their warranty service, you can buy extended warranty (apple care) for 2 years, buts its all called apple care

  3. #343
    Quote Originally Posted by codchamp16 View Post
    i bet a lot of people are going to be happy now that they have a free bumper on the way
    I'd be a lot happier if I had a phone that didn't require a bumper, that didn't have problems in the first place.

    For one thing the bumper isn't a very good fix, other covers are a lot better, but at least it's a partial resolution.

    Quote Originally Posted by eZStaR View Post
    Nice news. 1.7% affected. Free Bumpers. Now less complaining. Be Happy.
    1.7% affected? Try 100%, or are you still in denial that this is an issue?
    Last edited by santiagodraco; 2010-07-17 at 05:35 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  4. #344
    Am really tempted to by the iphone4 when it comes to canada on July 30.

  5. #345
    If u do love ur iPhone 4, get a free bumper (case), if u're not in love, return it and get refund.
    It's that simple, it's that easy.
    No hardware fix for the problem ATM, they're disprate, but they do care. So I think they put the ball in your side to decide, I think now there will be less complains from buyer (at least about reception) we're going to enter the era if complaining about "where's my bumper??? haven't got it yet".
    We all know that the % of people that have the problem and will want a refund is TINY, and from what I'm feeling, users are now satisfied enough. Not by the solution, but by catching Apple's eyes and getting a press conference just for their problem.
    Correct me if I'm wrong.
    And forgive the language, it's sent from my 3G(S)

  6. #346
    Retired Moderator Cer0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    MN/WI
    Posts
    14,099
    Thanks
    395
    Thanked 1,182 Times in 915 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by santiagodraco View Post
    I'd be a lot happier if I had a phone that didn't require a bumper, that didn't have problems in the first place.

    For one thing the bumper isn't a very good fix, other covers are a lot better, but at least it's a partial resolution.



    1.7% affected? Try 100%, or are you still in denial that this is an issue?
    100%!!!!! Wow there are numerous posts of users without any issues at all. Guess they have fake iPhone 4s.
    [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

  7. #347
    Livin the iPhone Life adp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    South FL
    Posts
    1,789
    Thanks
    32
    Thanked 460 Times in 321 Posts

    I agree. Definitely not 100%, but on the same note, I am not relying on SJ's 0.55%.
    If I helped you out, please use the Thanks button ------------------------->

  8. #348
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Central Indiana
    Posts
    6
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    I will gladly take this as a current resolution. I'm still waiting on my iPhone 4 to arrive at my ATT store. Anxious to see what selection of cases are offered for free though. I think I just want the bumpers honestly.

    Thank you Steve for doing SOMETHING about it.
    Johnny
    iPhone 4 (7/15/10)
    iPhone 3G (7/11/08 - 7/1/10)

  9. #349
    The tape idea was posted here as a working fix for the death grip, before you state that it's rudiciouls, please do some research and then make your uneducated posts.

  10. #350
    What's Jailbreak? manofcolombia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    virginia beach
    Posts
    15
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    yea ok now dat evryones gettin their free cases can evryone jus frget bout th stupid death grip crap n get on wit th jailbreakin cuz this is a TON of ppl still waitin n all of them r DYING to get cydia apps on their iphone 4
    especially stuff lik quick reply n quick SMS

  11. #351
    I definitely don't agree with what Steve Jobs said during this press conference.

    #1. He claimed all smart phones have an antenna problem...EPIC FAIL! I've had 3 different BlackBerry models and a HTC phone over the past 3 years and I never had problems with the signal dropping just because I held the phone in my hand. I've also owned both the original iPhone and the 3GS and guess what? Never had any antenna issues with those either. Again...EPIC FAIL STEVO!

    #2. He claims his company tested out the iPhone 4 and other smartphones in areas that have low signal strength. He then goes on to say that is why people are having the issue because they are in lower signal areas...EPIC FAIL! I live in DC and am smack dab right in the middle of the highest service area within AT&T (regarding their coverage charts) yet my bars still drop all the way to zero...I'm not in a "weak signal area"...I can't wrap my brain around the comments this guy is making and they are unbelievable to me!

    I' glad he brought up the proximity sensor issue and that they are working on that...I can't tell you how frustrated I am of my phone going all crazy when I'm talking on it because the phone thinks I've removed it from my head.

    Last but not least, I think "free cases" are a sucky way of fixing this problem with the antenna. A lot of people (including myself) didn't want a case on their phone...we liked the look of the phone naked and didn't want to cover up the design of the phone. I don't think it's right that their fix is "get a case", even if they are free. But I also have to admit the case is not only a good fix for the issue but it gives much more of a grip when holding the phone...it doesn't feel like it's going to fall out of your hand and when you lay it on a table it doesn't move when the vibrator goes off...so there are definitely some pros and cons to owning one but I am happy with my bumper (believe it or not.)

    P.S. Just found it odd that Apple would post their press conference on their site but not include the recording of the Q&A's...what are they hiding from us now?
    "Don't hold it like that!"

  12. #352
    My iPhone is a Part of Me thevmax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    West Milwaukee
    Posts
    594
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 37 Times in 29 Posts

    Everyone is excited...but the PROBLEM still exists!

  13. #353
    What's Jailbreak? arias51's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    29
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
    I def can see both sides of this issue...

    My GF loves her iphone, she will absolutely not get rid of it (even with the antenna issue that her phone apparently has). This is the 1st Apple product she has ever owned (coming off a Verizon Crackburry) and even with the current problems, she would rather deal with the bumper than give up her phone.

    I can understand her perspective... but for me (who has owned previous iphones), I expect much more form Apple.

    I guess I am part of the few, who are not satisfied with a product which has such inherent flaws in its hardware that news articles and YouTube videos have to be made to undermine its value.

    I am also not satisfied with the response (or lack there of) regarding any information on future fixes regarding the hardware issue.

    To me, Apple expects that we should deal with the current response that they have provided regarding its customer concerns (which is basically) "love it or leave it."

    That is personally a slap in the face to many of us who has spent a significant amount of money purchasing iphone apps as well as songs specifically designed to play on their phone. So Simply "return it" would cost us all a considerable amount.

    While I admire the innovation and technological advances Apple has routinely brought us (in the smart phone market), I am unsatisfied with the apparent lack of concern for its customer satisfaction.

    Coming from a company that prides itself upon CS (unlike MS), this to me is a huge turnaround.

    Just my 2 Cents

  14. #354
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,121
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 95 Times in 67 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by rumcajs View Post
    @ Rico...kurwa then go get motorola or another nokia or htc an quit bi***ing...jeezz people take a chill pill...one more thing you never got an answer to your question because it's ridiculous to think that piece of tape around or near sim card fixes antennae issue...
    Who's bitchin? I asked a question and it never got answered. That's what I was telling the guy.

    But since you've just answered it for us both....thank you.

    Now get over yourself and move on!

  15. #355
    Just came back from my local apple store, i had an appointment to replace my iphone 4 due to the reception issues and death grip and the freaking idiot behind the genius bar tried to tell me and kept insisting that the recent software update fixes the reception issues and in front of a **** load of people i straight up told him that it doesnt fix anything that all it was is a visual fix and everyone kept staring at me and the "genius" replied by saying NO it absolutely fixes it.. so what do you want to do ? he asked . i told him i want a replacement. 5 mins later i was out with a replacement. Still has the same issue but not as bad. stupid apple employees trying to feed us that BS. wish i had a video camera with me cause it was a sure kodak moment and the look on his face and the people around me at the store was priceless. this was my first time in a apple store and damn it was jam packed.

  16. #356
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,121
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 95 Times in 67 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by HAVOKGT View Post
    Just came back from my local apple store, i had an appointment to replace my iphone 4 due to the reception issues and death grip and the freaking idiot behind the genius bar tried to tell me and kept insisting that the recent software update fixes the reception issues and in front of a **** load of people i straight up told him that it doesnt fix anything that all it was is a visual fix and everyone kept staring at me and the "genius" replied by saying NO it absolutely fixes it.. so what do you want to do ? he asked . i told him i want a replacement. 5 mins later i was out with a replacement. Still has the same issue but not as bad. stupid apple employees trying to feed us that BS. wish i had a video camera with me cause it was a sure kodak moment and the look on his face and the people around me at the store was priceless. this was my first time in a apple store and damn it was jam packed.
    An Apple employee that doesn't know his own product or what it does? No way.....that would just be CRAAAZY!

    Where do they get these "geniuses" from? Sometimes I think my wife could be a "genius". She's good at lying, never accepts losing an argument, pretends to give a damn about anything, and is a complete b!tch.

  17. #357
    Quote Originally Posted by HAVOKGT View Post
    Just came back from my local apple store, i had an appointment to replace my iphone 4 due to the reception issues and death grip and the freaking idiot behind the genius bar tried to tell me and kept insisting that the recent software update fixes the reception issues and in front of a **** load of people i straight up told him that it doesnt fix anything that all it was is a visual fix and everyone kept staring at me and the "genius" replied by saying NO it absolutely fixes it.. so what do you want to do ? he asked . i told him i want a replacement. 5 mins later i was out with a replacement. Still has the same issue but not as bad. stupid apple employees trying to feed us that BS. wish i had a video camera with me cause it was a sure kodak moment and the look on his face and the people around me at the store was priceless. this was my first time in a apple store and damn it was jam packed.
    Yep, I got mine replaced today after complaining about signal issues and proximity not working at times, same thing when I get home, of course it works in the store, the guy said they have a mobile tower right behind the store.

  18. #358
    Quote Originally Posted by j.eck.art.3d View Post
    As the sound clip before Gun's N' Roses' Civil War: "Some men... You just ......can't reach.
    Well, he has had a failure to communicate. 

    (damn I'm funny)

  19. #359
    Quote Originally Posted by Dayvidpriddy View Post
    I definitely don't agree with what Steve Jobs said during this press conference.

    #1. He claimed all smart phones have an antenna problem...EPIC FAIL! I've had 3 different BlackBerry models and a HTC phone over the past 3 years and I never had problems with the signal dropping just because I held the phone in my hand. I've also owned both the original iPhone and the 3GS and guess what? Never had any antenna issues with those either. Again...EPIC FAIL STEVO!

    #2. He claims his company tested out the iPhone 4 and other smartphones in areas that have low signal strength. He then goes on to say that is why people are having the issue because they are in lower signal areas...EPIC FAIL! I live in DC and am smack dab right in the middle of the highest service area within AT&T (regarding their coverage charts) yet my bars still drop all the way to zero...I'm not in a "weak signal area"...I can't wrap my brain around the comments this guy is making and they are unbelievable to me!

    I' glad he brought up the proximity sensor issue and that they are working on that...I can't tell you how frustrated I am of my phone going all crazy when I'm talking on it because the phone thinks I've removed it from my head.

    Last but not least, I think "free cases" are a sucky way of fixing this problem with the antenna. A lot of people (including myself) didn't want a case on their phone...we liked the look of the phone naked and didn't want to cover up the design of the phone. I don't think it's right that their fix is "get a case", even if they are free. But I also have to admit the case is not only a good fix for the issue but it gives much more of a grip when holding the phone...it doesn't feel like it's going to fall out of your hand and when you lay it on a table it doesn't move when the vibrator goes off...so there are definitely some pros and cons to owning one but I am happy with my bumper (believe it or not.)

    P.S. Just found it odd that Apple would post their press conference on their site but not include the recording of the Q&A's...what are they hiding from us now?
    On your points:
    1. All phones DO have this issue. Difference lies in that most phones don't have their "death grip" stop right where you would hold it. Most other phones have the antenna on the top area. Heck most manuals on smartphones do tell you where not to hold/cover.

    2. Apple did test the phone in low signal areas. Problem was that to hide the fact that it was an i4 they had it in a case to make resemble a 3Gs. So in all their field testing the phone was always in a case so they never picked up on it.

  20. #360
    Quote Originally Posted by ronfin44 View Post
    There's a kiosk at a local Mall that has really nice screens that they install for you. You can barely tell it's on, and the protection they provide is amazing. Watched the demo where they took a power sander to an iPhone with it on and it didn't scratch it. Plus, you don't lose any touch sensitivity. Soon as I find out the name of the Company I'll send it to ya.
    Did you find it? If it's that zagg thing I'm not big on those. I had one on my the 3GS and I hated it. It felt really sticky and I had pocket fuzz all around the edge of the piece of plastic that covered the back and it looked terrible. I'm just want a thin, clear cover for the front and back. It has to cover the whole front and be cut very accurately. Same for the back. I can't stand looking at a film that has an 1/8 of an inch or more around the home button and speaker and doesn't line up right. The 3G/3GS ones don't fit and none I've found fits right, is cut accurate, or has a hole for the speaker, the home button and the front camera. Anybody know of any good ones?

    Quote Originally Posted by manofcolombia View Post
    yea ok now dat evryones gettin their free cases can evryone jus frget bout th stupid death grip crap n get on wit th jailbreakin cuz this is a TON of ppl still waitin n all of them r DYING to get cydia apps on their iphone 4
    especially stuff lik quick reply n quick SMS
    First, speak and write correct English. You sound and look like a tool when you're too lazy to write correctly. Second, stop talking about/requesting/complaining about a lack of/or demanding a jailbreak. Shut up about it. Like right now, don't talk about it anymore. It's not ready, it won't be soon, and being retarded about it isn't helping. You're getting it for free from people who are working very hard to get it working. STOP TALKING ABOUT IT.

    Morons that continue to do what you're doing here, running your mouth about a jailbreak needing to be released, isn't going to make it come out faster and it's what caused GeoHot to leave. Seriously, STOP TALKING ABOUT A JAILBREAK NEEDING TO BE RELEASED. That goes for everyone.
    Last edited by KartRacer; 2010-07-17 at 08:12 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to KartRacer For This Useful Post:

    robertr1 (2010-07-18), ronfin44 (2010-07-17), rumcajs (2010-07-17)

Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •