Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Free Bumpers for All as Steve Jobs Defiantly Praises iPhone 4 at Apple Press Conference

Quote Originally Posted by Xtremeiphone View Post
    maybe we can put a retractable antenna on top of the iphone so we can get better signal !
    That actually wouldn't be too bad. Apple could make it real nice and fit right into the casing so that you wouldn't normally see it unless you need it, then you slide it up.

Quote Originally Posted by stasis View Post
    Good solution? So I should just not have any phone until the white one comes out? I don't have a land line either. Besides white is ugly...
    Use the phone you have right now and when its almost end of July just return it and get another one. If you dont like white go for the black one. Common dude i know your frustrated! But hey people are not perfect! Just suck it a for 2 weeks and you can get a new iPhone4 and you can still use all your apps and accessories.

Quote Originally Posted by Lem View Post
    Use the phone you have right now and when its almost end of July just return it and get another one. If you dont like white go for the black one. Common dude i know your frustrated! But hey people are not perfect! Just suck it a for 2 weeks and you can get a new iPhone4 and you can still use all your apps and accessories.
    Why do you think the white ones will be any different? Why would a black one that I get at the end of July be any different? I'm sure the white ones were being built before all of the commotion. If Apple is going to make a hardware change to the phones they have not said that as far as I know. I can wait a couple weeks for a new phone if it was fixed. If it were that simple I would be more then happy.

Why do you think the white ones will be any different? Why would a black one that I get at the end of July be any different? I'm sure the white ones were being built before all of the commotion. If Apple is going to make a hardware change to the phones they have not said that as far as I know. I can wait a couple weeks for a new phone if it was fixed. If it were that simple I would be more then happy.
    Seriously now, why would Apple continue sending out defect iphone? So that more people will complain? Its so obivious that they got the hardware fixed and the new ones will be coming out by the end of July. Is it that hard to just wait and get it swapped?

Quote Originally Posted by Lem View Post
    Seriously now, why would Apple continue sending out defect iphone? So that more people will complain? Its so obivious that they got the hardware fixed and the new ones will be coming out by the end of July. Is it that hard to just wait and get it swapped?
    Glad it is so obvious, you are the first one who has said that... I don't doubt there is a chance they will change it eventually, however you have no idea how many they have that were too late to fix. Why not just say that and replace phones that people are having issues with? Why risk even more loss and ridicule by doing the case fix plus the cost of the case for every phone, not just people who would swap it because they are having problems?

Thanks
    Does anyone know why the free bumpers are only available until Sept? Or is anyone speculating like me, it is because the phones will be revised with a new hardware fix...

Personally, I think our phones will be worthless if Apple fixes the issue on future models.

I called Apple support and they would not comment on why the specific date was made, as they had no information themselves. But, they did state if a new revision to the phone is made (unless Apple does a hardware recall) they would not be able to exchange the phone even under the 1 year warranty.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

people really blow this thing out of proportion. ost of it has to do with the crappy network of at&t. engadget made a nice article where they asked tons of bloggers all over the world and only a few were able to replicate the problem and a smaller normal had an actual effect on the way the phone was operated.

i agree with them. if ur not happy bring it back and move on. otherwise use the free bumper or whaterver and keep it moving

Glad it is so obvious, you are the first one who has said that... I don't doubt there is a chance they will change it eventually, however you have no idea how many they have that were too late to fix. Why not just say that and replace phones that people are having issues with? Why risk even more loss and ridicule by doing the case fix plus the cost of the case for every phone, not just people who would swap it because they are having problems?
    Dude let me ask you this... is it hard just to give it a try and wait it out and swap your iPhone the end of July. Like again if the phone doesnt work you can still return it and swap it again.

Quote Originally Posted by arias51 View Post
    Does anyone know why the free bumpers are only available until Sept? Or is anyone speculating like me, it is because the phones will be revised with a new hardware fix...

Personally, I think our phones will be worthless if Apple fixes the issue on future models.

I called Apple support and they would not comment on why the specific date was made, as they had no information themselves. But, they did state if a new revision to the phone is made (unless Apple does a hardware recall) they would not be able to exchange the phone even under the 1 year warranty.
    Yep, resale value will be crap if there is a fixed version out later. So they better replace ours if it comes to that. I wonder if they will use the you got a free case excuse for not replacing them...

Yah i got the feeling that by the end of July they will be sending out the new revised fix iPhone. Common scense, why would a company continue sending out defect phones?

Quote Originally Posted by RileyFreeman View Post
    people really blow this thing out of proportion. ost of it has to do with the crappy network of at&t. engadget made a nice article where they asked tons of bloggers all over the world and only a few were able to replicate the problem and a smaller normal had an actual effect on the way the phone was operated.

i agree with them. if ur not happy bring it back and move on. otherwise use the free bumper or whaterver and keep it moving
    It happens to every phone, if you are in a high signal area it just doesn't drop enough to drop the call. The flaw is there, if you are in an area that has full signal and then loose half of it then no it wont drop. So obviously the people having problems are in the mid signal range where covering the antenna looses everything. AT&T sucks but your phone should work in a lower signal area. Just consider yourself lucky that the signal is strong enough to compensate, but it doesn't make it any better for us...

Thanks
    Thanked 1,182 Times in 915 Posts

You have a full year warranty on the phone also. He said the 30 day thing for people that are not happy at all can return without restocking fee. Others are/should be covered by the warranty down the road.
    [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by cerote View Post
    You have a full year warranty on the phone also. He said the 30 day thing for people that are not happy at all can return without restocking fee. Others are/should be covered by the warranty down the road.
    Does anyone know why the free bumpers are

Not based on that...

Wasn't it discovered that the sim was making contact with the frame and that by placing a small piece of tape at the edge of the sim card would resolve the issue?

iPhone? More like MyPhone salayyad's Avatar
    Thanks

i tried to duplicate the antenna problem on my friends newly purchased iphone today with no success. I hope when my iPhone arrives i experience the same thing.

Thanks

Not based on that...
    So then that would be leaning towards a lawsuit because the phone comes with a 1 year warranty. Haven't looked at the warranty fully myself so not sure on that. Or they would have to have 2 different versions of refurbs at each store to handle.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

23 pages and counting. And SJ is laughing at all of us on how brilliantly he just wiped his hands clean of this.

"free bumpers....durrrr okay Apple.....guess that's fair enough.". A revolutionary design that's supposed to have been thought up by engineering genius's that Steve so gloriously bragged about.....tested in a $100 million antenna testing facility that Steve so wonderfully pointed out..... And now it drops more calls than it's predecessor and apparently has a proximity sensor issue as well.

You brainwashed fanboys/undercover Apple employees floating around in this site need to wake the f**k up.

I'm done in here. 23 pages is ridiculous and this could go to 250 pages with the same mindless crap being discussed.

Later iSheep! Make sure u fanboys floating around in here kiss ur Steve Jobs huggie doll goodnight before bedtime.

Quote Originally Posted by NuckinFutz View Post
    Wasn't it discovered that the sim was making contact with the frame and that by placing a small piece of tape at the edge of the sim card would resolve the issue?
    I asked that question a long time ago with no answer......seems to have been completely forgotten
    Last edited by RICO_; 2010-07-17 at 04:39 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Sure will. Oh btw this is a forum, aka a discussion.

PS: mine is a SJ action figure.

(Not everyone is a "fanboi" and from this thread there are many posts of people that are mad. So this thread goes all ways. Ones happy with the bumpers that have the death grip, ones that have the death grip and are still angry, ones that have no issue and still want the bumper, ones that have a perfectly working phone and don't care either way, and ones that don't have the iPhone 4 yet and are waiting to see.)
    Last edited by Cer0; 2010-07-17 at 04:46 AM.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cer0 For This Useful Post:

Dj Meltdown (2010-07-17), rumcajs (2010-07-17)

@ Rico...kurwa then go get motorola or another nokia or htc an quit bi***ing...jeezz people take a chill pill...one more thing you never got an answer to your question because it's ridiculous to think that piece of tape around or near sim card fixes antennae issue...
    Last edited by rumcajs; 2010-07-17 at 05:21 AM.

Thanks

I'm getting a free bumper. Yeahhhhh

Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast