Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Free Bumpers for All as Steve Jobs Defiantly Praises iPhone 4 at Apple Press Conference

Thanks

You're not holdin it rite!!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Chuck1969 For This Useful Post:

ronfin44 (2010-07-17)

Quote Originally Posted by KartRacer View Post
    So low signal strength couldn't possibly be the majority of the problem then? You can't fix low tower signal with a hardware fix on the phone. That's the towers fault, not the phone.

And you have other choices to continue to use the apps you've already purchased. An eBay iPhone or an iPod Touch. You've got solutions, but hard ones to swallow. I agree on that. But that's all you've got and you can't change it. Te only way to change it to not be their customer in the future. The sooner you come to peace with this the better you'll feel. It's a shitty situation, but you can't change it all on your own. And if enough people live in areas with good coverage nothing will change. Sounds like you know enough to tell that in low coverage areas performance will suffer with the phones radio hardware. That's true of ANY radio. FM/AM/Ham/UHF/VHF and others. That's not a fault of the hardware but the signal that's flying through the air.
    Yes if AT&T signal strength was perfect everywhere it would not be a problem, but that is FAR from the truth, and AT&Ts map shows me right in the middle of a huge "best" coverage area... It is basic math, if holding the phone drops 3 bars, then of course if you have 5 your call wont drop... I could hold my 3GS any way I wanted, and did not have nearly the amount of dropped calls. So I guess you are completely happy with spending hundreds on a phone that will only work in great signal areas. I refuse to buy another, older device of theirs just because the new one has a major problem. With my 4 and a 3GS right next to eachother I ALWAYS see 1-2 bars less on the iphone4, even when it is not being touched.

I pretty much figured this would be Apple's response. Yes you can loose signal on other smartphones/dumbphones by holding it. I can live with that. I have other phones that have done this. However Loosing complete reception 99% is unacceptable. I don't care who makes the phone. Let me see if this pretty much sums it up.

1. Brilliant Engineering that places the antenna outside the phone.
    (Why didn't you just wrap the antenna inside the phone? It is made of GLASS)

2. The Thinnest smartphone ever
    (So when people ******* about reception you could give away free cases to make it as thick as the 3GS)

3. Built to be more durable
    (So the only reason I need a case is to be able to call on the thinnest, brilliantly engineered, durable smartPHONE)
    If I can't mod it...I don't want it.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Cokeman For This Useful Post:

ronfin44 (2010-07-17)

Quote Originally Posted by stasis View Post
    The return % is only low because everyone was waiting for a fix and response from Apple, and they are expecting them to fix it. I don't expect them to replace every phone, just fix the one I have. Or since they claim it is such a small amount of people having problems then just repair or replace the phones that people are having issues with. When a car has a recall they take them in and repair it with a newly designed part. The Apple store by me does phone repairs constantly, replacing screens or whatever else. I guarantee they will fix it with future revisions of the phone without changing the external appearance. They surely would not release a Verizon phone with the same issues after all of this, and changing the exterior would mean all new cases etc. I don't give a **** how I "come across", I will express my concerns.
    Listen, what day is it. Do you take any medication? Any family history of mental illness? Apple isn't going to "fix" your phone. Please re-read this over and over again until it sinks into that thick skull of yours. You can return it and get your money back. Option number one. You can try the bumper/case solution. Option number two. You can make an antena hat out of aluminum foil to wear while making calls also. Option number three, but there's no option where Apple is gonna take your phone and "fix" it. So make a choice and go away. I'm tired of babysitting people that can't function for themselves.

Try an HTC phone. They look really pretty too.

Almost forgot. Option number 4 just for you:

It's metallic design may or may not boost your reception quality while you're crying about this, but just think about how cool you'll look now while you're pounding away on your keyboard replying to me again.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to ronfin44 For This Useful Post:

iSteed (2010-07-17)

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    I truly feel that most of the complaints are from people who never noticed the problem until they saw the issue on CNN or NYT and tried the "death grip". Then and only then did they say "my signal is dropping". Another good portion of people complaining, are doing it only for free cases from Apple.

The "death grip" causes a loss of around 15-20 dbs. An iPhone usually drops a call around -120 db. People who are having drop calls already have poor reception to begin with. I also feel the "death grip" is not a natural way of holding the phone and I don't see many people really holding their phone like that.

Flame suit on
    You are truly wrong. Why do I constantly see people walking around holding their phone in a goofy way to avoid it dropping? I would care less about this if it did not drop just about every call I make. A lot of people also do not make many calls at all, someone who uses their phone, as a phone, will notice it constantly. The death grip isn't a natural way of holding it? How the hell do you hold it in your left hand? What is unnatural is how Apple expects you to hold it. I don't have to put my entire palm over that area, one finger over the bar will drop a call. So by your logic now that all these people got their free cases we shouldn't hear much about it right? We will see in the days ahead...

Thanks
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

You are truly wrong. Why do I constantly see people walking around holding their phone in a goofy way to avoid it dropping? I would care less about this if it did not drop just about every call I make. A lot of people also do not make many calls at all, someone who uses their phone, as a phone, will notice it constantly. The death grip isn't a natural way of holding it? How the hell do you hold it in your left hand? What is unnatural is how Apple expects you to hold it. I don't have to put my entire palm over that area, one finger over the bar will drop a call. So by your logic now that all these people got their free cases we shouldn't hear much about it right? We will see in the days ahead...
    Just get your phone replaced or try resitting the sim card. The "death grip" causes a slow loss of around 20 db. If yours is instant dropping get it swapped. I guarantee your situation is not common. I am referring to having your palm on the entire side of the phone like is represented in all the youtube videos is not natural.

Quote Originally Posted by ronfin44 View Post
    Listen, what day is it. Do you take any medication? Any family history of mental illness? Apple isn't going to "fix" your phone. Please re-read this over and over again until it sinks into that thick skull of yours. You can return it and get your money back. Option number one. You can try the bumper/case solution. Option number two. You can make an antena hat out of aluminum foil to wear while making calls also. Option number three, but there's no option where Apple is gonna take your phone and "fix" it. So make a choice and go away. I'm tired of babysitting people that can't function for themselves.
    Babysitting? Why come here and read it if you dont like it. Do you have absolutely no life that you having nothing better to do then sit here and defend one of the richest companies? If you dont want to "babysit" then go play with yourself or something, just go away and don't read it, that simple.

Option 4, everyone keeps complaining to Apple, forcing them to provide a hardware fix. This is exactly what happened to get where we did today, and it will continue until Apple makes it right. They would have NEVER given away a case if it wasnt for a lot of people complaining. They will eventually be forced to fix this.

I lost a lot of respect for you dumba$$es that are accepting the Apples plea with the free bumpers for all. Are you kidding me? This is unacceptable and should be treated as that.

An Apple fan no longer, I suppose I will give the Evo a try.

Quote Originally Posted by elbodude View Post
    Applecare? What percentage of iPhone buyers buy Applecare?
    I don't know the stats, but I KNOW I do. I've had 2 phones (3G and 4) and AppleCare is a NO BRAINER. My wifi antenna failed on my 3G just 2 months before the iPhone 4 was released and I was eligible to upgrade. Apple replaced it no questions asked. Then, my wife dropped my iPhone 4 last week, and the back cracked. I brought it into Apple (ready to pay for the replacement) and the genius looked at my history (having apple care for my previous 3G, and my current phone) along with the fact that my new iPhone 4 was taken care of (besides the one drop) and she replaced my iPhone 4, free of charge.
    Never mind the fact, that being an early adopter, I want to have a pretty water tight warranty in case, oh I don't know... The screen is yellow, the prox sensor fails, etc, etc.
    For me, adding AppleCare for 70 bucks is like doubling the storage for 100... If you're gonna invest in an iPhone... Why not get 'em both?

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    Just get your phone replaced or try resitting the sim card. The "death grip" causes a slow loss of around 20 db. If yours is instant dropping get it swapped. I guarantee your situation is not common. I am referring to having your palm on the entire side of the phone like is represented in all the youtube videos is not natural.
    I tried resitting the sim card, I have tried tape on the sim card. No it's not an instant drop, it takes probably 3-5 seconds until it gets low enough to drop. I did take my phone in and they replaced it, the replacement does the exact same thing. And holding it in your left palm is natural when you are holding it with you left hang and touching with your thumb or your right hand. Also if I hold it in the right hand just my fingers coming around the side cause it. Also you have to hold it that way if you are using the speakerphone while keying in numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadGlory View Post
    I lost a lot of respect for you dumba$$es that are accepting the Apples plea with the free bumpers for all. Are you kidding me? This is unacceptable and should be treated as that.

An Apple fan no longer, I suppose I will give the Evo a try.
    Well then... Good bye. I think apple is doing what they should have done before release day. I could have done without the pity party today, but the end result is just fine by me.

Not to sound like a Stevie J mouthpiece but, I have to agree my iPhone 4 is STILL (even with the antenna issues) the best iPhone I've ever owned or interacted with.

I lost a lot of respect for you dumba$ that are accepting the Apples plea with the free bumpers for all. Are you kidding me? This is unacceptable and should be treated as that.
    Exactly, I don't understand why anyone would be content with that. I guess all that fancy, thin design work was done for nothing when you are required to cover everything but the screen with rubber. I guess some of these kids are just blind because they are in a very good signal area, haven't had lots more problems then their 3GS, probably don't even use talk to people on the phone and are getting a free case.

Quote Originally Posted by j.eck.art.3d View Post
    Well then... Good bye. I think apple is doing what they should have done before release day. I could have done without the pity party today, but the end result is just fine by me.

Not to sound like a Stevie J mouthpiece but, I have to agree my iPhone 4 is STILL (even with the antenna issues) the best iPhone I've ever owned or interacted with.
    You are his mouthpiece, because he depends on you fanboys to accept a epic mistake of this proportion and be content with it.

Good job, you are a tool. Apples tool.

Thanks

You are his mouthpiece, because he depends on you fanboys to accept a epic mistake of this proportion and be content with it.

Good job, you are a tool. Apples tool.
    Dude, give it up. I'm by no means a fanboy (the iPhone 4 is the 3rd i-device I've owned, never had a mac or will). Although I would have preferred a more permanent fix, Apple is giving out free cases. I would understand your anger if they were limiting us to bumpers only, but they're giving us the option to get a free 3rd party case. Many people don't even have the signal problem, but they will still benefit from this.

If you do have the problem to the point where:

A) It's dropping every call
    B) You want a naked iPhone which risks shattering after any drop

Then just return it.

I'd rather deal with this single problem (and yes, it's the ONLY problem, which can be avoided) than get a damn HTC or Droid and open a world of other problems (limited apps, lower quality screen/hardware). So just give it up.
    If I helped you out, please use the Thanks button ------------------------->

Quote Originally Posted by j.eck.art.3d View Post

Yes I agree too, the iPhone 4 is still absolutely the best, that is exactly what makes it so much more frustrating. I don't hate Apple, I have many of their products and am starting to develop for the iPhone. It is an awesome phone, it is the sexiest phone, no other looks or is built better. So why do I need to cover it with a case? Why would Apple want everyone to cover their nice new phone with a case? People wont see others with the iPhone 4, they will see an iPhone in a bulky case. Why must I be forced to return it and go to another platform? I don't want to return it, I love it, I don't want another phone, I want this phone, all I want is to be able to make calls with my phone, is that asking too much? However this problem is so significant to me that I am being forced to make a very hard and costly decision. I have absolutely nothing against Apple, I just expect them to fix the major issue with their phone.

Babysitting? Why come here and read it if you dont like it. Do you have absolutely no life that you having nothing better to do then sit here and defend one of the richest companies? If you dont want to "babysit" then go play with yourself or something, just go away and don't read it, that simple.

Option 4, everyone keeps complaining to Apple, forcing them to provide a hardware fix. This is exactly what happened to get where we did today, and it will continue until Apple makes it right. They would have NEVER given away a case if it wasnt for a lot of people complaining. They will eventually be forced to fix this.

Quote Originally Posted by ronfin44 View Post
    Nice pic of yourself, I figured you still live with your parents but I didnt think you were that young...

Can't you add anything of substance? Anyone can do a google image search. I think you are the one who needs to grow up and get a life...

Thanks
    Thanked 1,182 Times in 915 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Noodle Boy View Post
    That was a pretty by the numbers press conference with the most obvious outcome. That said, being able to choose from a number of case rather than just the bumper is pretty awesome.
    I agree I like that they are offering third-party cases also.
    [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

This is bull i don't want to put a freaking bumper on my phone it should work properly .. Period .. I'm not happy about this at all

Nice pic of yourself, I figured you still live with your parents but I didnt think you were that young...

Can't you add anything of substance? Anyone can do a google image search. I think you are the one who needs to grow up and get a life...
    One of my favorite cliches on the Internet! What irony.

Anyway. Are ya done now? Is that tremendous need for attention cup finally filled? Apple heard the complaints and gave you their solution. You don't like it, so you're crying. Go buy another 3GS if it was so great. All phones are designed differently which means reception will vary from device to device. You have your choices, so for the love of God make one and stop crying like a little girl. It's embarrassing. Stop being such a [5 letter word for cat].

Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast