Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: "Brute Force" Antenna Fix To Be Revealed Tomorrow?

Quote Originally Posted by ClerkDante View Post
    I see a lot of people saying things like "Whew, thank god I waited" or "Wow, I'm so super cool I didn't get this" etc. etc.

Why does this make you awesome your eyes? Apple is the easiest company to be an early adopter with. Unless it's flat out broken due to your own negligence (like the screen of my 1st Gen iPhone), I've always gotten support from them, in or out of warranty. My Time Capsule went tits up a couple of months ago (the well reported power supply issue) and one call to Apple Care and this well out of warranty item was replaced within 24 hours.

I know it's been the trend to hate Apple lately, and everyone goes all Michael Moore on absolutely everything they say, (and in so many cases, what they don't say) but c'mon guys, this is a company that has a superior track record of standing behind their products. If their is a legit problem with the iPhone 4 hardware, they are going to rectify it. Relax, enjoy the stuff you spent your hard earned money on and see what comes.

Life is way to short to get this worked up over something so relatively insignificant in the greater scope of things. And my god, don't get me started on the amount of time spent complaining by those that don't even own it yet. You've gotta have some serious emptiness in your world to dedicate that much of your life to a product you don't even own.
    Couldn't agree more!!!! Very well said!!

Quote Originally Posted by Xtremeiphone View Post
    invisible shield sucks! feels rubbery. Threw it in the trash on the 3rd day!
    i like that it feels rubbery. it also provides grip if its in your pocket so it doesnt come flying out.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Noodle Boy View Post
    Have you put more than 5 seconds into how the bumper works? Because it does a little more than "stop the metal part from getting scratched". It bumps the iPhone a little meaning that the phone itself is never touching the surface when you lay it done or if it falls. The only time something could be touching your phone with a bumper on is when the phone is in your pocket.

I mean, it's not rocket science. Yes, it's expensive but it's a pretty damn good case that doesn't hide the phone whe giving you protection from falls and scratches.
    True...but...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Li7YhEVYsw&feature=related]YouTube - iPhone 4 w/ Bumper Drop Test by iFixYouri.com[/ame]

Not saying it doesn't protect at all, just saying I'd feel a lot safer with an OtterBox case
    If I helped you out, please use the Thanks button ------------------------->

Well that's just a silly comparison. I'm sure an otterbox could get runner over by a tank and the phone would be fine.

They're a bit too bulky for my tastes though I admit I haven't seen their new selection for the i4

yea, the otterbox is a damn tank. my buddy had it on his old 3g. i would never be able to carry around that...it defeats the whole purpose of the phone being slim. I can only see using that if your like a damn construction worker....or a complete klutz lol.
    Last edited by xxscaxx; 2010-07-16 at 04:42 PM.

Thanks

They're actually not as bulky as you think for the iPhone 4. And there's a "Impact" series which is just about as thick as the rest

iPhone 4 Cases // OtterBox.com

And even if you think it's still too bulky, any case which fully encloses the iPhone would outperform the bumper case, IMO
    Last edited by adp; 2010-07-16 at 04:58 PM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me zinjen's Avatar
    Thanks

After speaking with a few genuis reps at the Apple Store last night they claim Steve Jobs will not be the one making the announcement today. Is that possible?
    Don't forget to hit the thanks button if you liked what I said or did

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by zinjen View Post
    After speaking with a few genuis reps at the Apple Store last night they claim Steve Jobs will not be the one making the announcement today. Is that possible?
    If you Google today's announcement, you will get 4,671 news articles on it. I think that's a bit more credible than some genius. Unless Steve-o bails out, we'll have a conference
    Last edited by adp; 2010-07-16 at 04:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by adp View Post
    They're actually not as bulky as you think for the iPhone 4. And there's a "Impact" series which is just about as thick as the rest

iPhone 4 Cases // OtterBox.com
    well, the defender one i will bet is pretty bulky. didnt know they were coming out with a few different ones though. thanks for that link. hopefully it will drop in stores soon and i can check it out.

^ do the articles say Jobs is speaking? I was curious about it too

My iPhone is a Part of Me zinjen's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by xxscaxx View Post
    well, the defender one i will bet is pretty bulky. didnt know they were coming out with a few different ones though. thanks for that link. hopefully it will drop in stores soon and i can check it out.
    No the conference is on, they just all claim they've heard he will not be the one presenting at the press conference.
    Don't forget to hit the thanks button if you liked what I said or did

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bobright View Post
    Some do, but there's no proof. I would expect him to come though

yea, the otterbox is a damn tank. my buddy had it on his old 3g. i would never be able to carry around that...it defeats the whole purpose of the phone being slim. I can only see using that if your like a damn construction worker....or a complete klutz lol.
    I actually work in construction and I've yet to get a case for it. Then again, I don't do construction itself, just the engineering part of it but I am in construction sites 80% of the time. I actually use my phone to take pictures and mark locations with gps.

My phone at the end of the day ends up covered in soil, grout, concrete you name it. I've yet to get a scratch on it :P

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Noodle Boy View Post
    I actually work in construction and I've yet to get a case for it. Then again, I don't do construction itself, just the engineering part of it but I am in construction sites 80% of the time. I actually use my phone to take pictures and mark locations with gps.

My phone at the end of the day ends up covered in soil, grout, concrete you name it. I've yet to get a scratch on it :P

lol, well you must take very good care of your phone. i was using a construction site because its more of a dangerous environment to have something happen to your phone. You made me eat my words

zinjen - wrong quoted post

Thanks

lol, well you must take very good care of your phone. i was using a construction site because its more of a dangerous environment to have something happen to your phone. You made me eat my words

zinjen - wrong quoted post
    How about a crab fisherman? lol

formerly known as Method2001 TheGrandFinale2001's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper Sam View Post
    A Verizon iPhone would be nice, but I don't think I'd much like not having data during a voice call. I'll stick with GSM, at least they have no trouble with such a simple task.
    I think 4G will fix that problem for Verizon when they roll it out, if I heard correctly

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bobright View Post
    EDIT: CNN just posted this in the front page

On Friday, Steve Jobs and his Cupertino, California-based company hope to set things to rights with a news conference expected to address the drumbeat of complaints, and bad press, about the iPhone 4's antenna.
    After 'taking a beating,' Apple to offer iPhone 4 fix? - CNN.com

Quote Originally Posted by adp View Post
    How about a crab fisherman? lol
    haha, yeah those guys are insane...but you would need a mini submarine case for that type of environment speaking of crabbin, i love watching deadliest catch. RIP Phil Harris.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

Just got my free bumper from Apple

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by zinjen View Post
    What i'm curious about is how it will be designated. Does a new customer get a "Fixed" iPhone before someone who has already purchased a defected one previously?
    I can almost guarantee this is not the case. I ran my phone through the clothes washer the nighet I got it (launch day). They were sold out of ohone the following day, but the replaced mine for me from a replacement stock. The replacement box was a small, thin, padded, black box with nothing more than a UPC on it. I am sure they will dot he same with these phones. They don't just go and open a new product and pull the phone out of the box and give it to you like big box stores might.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast