Page 6 of 27 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iOS 4.0.1 and iPad 3.2.1 Now Live - DO NOT UPDATE

jailbreak now. thank you

Quote Originally Posted by havokhybrid View Post
    07/15/2010 11:36:56.568 Processing SHSH Request... 07/15/2010 11:36:56.568 Asking CYDIA for SHSH blobs for iPhone4 4.0 (8A293)... 07/15/2010 11:36:56.568 SHSH SUCCESSFULLY saved! [Click Here to Open] 07/15/2010 11:36:56.568 You have saved your SHSH locally and the request was sent to CYDIA. This means that CYDIA DOES have your SHSH. Do NOT bug semaphore about the Cydia home page showing this version.

Does this mean that i was too late.?
    Uh.. I'm not sure how that's possible. Cydia shouldn't have any iPhone 4 SHSH's on file except for the dev team.. unless you did something wonky like restored your iPhone 4 while iTunes was pointing to Saurik's server. If you didn't manually download your SHSH's using TinyUmbrella before they stopped signing today, you may be f*ed if you have to restore again.

Only way to test is to run the TSS server and see if iTunes will let you restore to 4.0. I'm hearing mixed reports that Apple is still signing 4.0 firmware though, so maybe you got lucky and there's still time.
    Last edited by reanimationxp; 2010-07-15 at 09:46 PM.
    Anybody want a 32GB Mint Condition Black JB Unlocked 3GS? PM me with offers.

Quote Originally Posted by delusion950 View Post
    not sure, stealthbravo said they stopped signing 4.0. if they stopped signing 4.0 for iphone my guess it cut all devices from 4.0.
    My blobs were saved successfully 15 minutes after his post.

It took a few attempts though, due to the server being slow.

iPhone? More like MyPhone FURBY8704's Avatar
    Thanks

iPHONE 3G FW 4.0 JB & iPHONE 4 4.0 READY TO BE JB=]

MMI's Official Devil Dog santacruzlocal's Avatar
    Thanks

There we go!!! About time ... Now let's get this JB and Unlock out.

Quote Originally Posted by seh6183 View Post
    Ok genius and how do you suspect apple fixed baseband holes that they know nothing about? The new unlocked was NEVER released. Please use your brain.
    How do you know Apple didn't close whatever hole exists in 4.0's modem firmware?

The team states they have an unlock, potentially three unlocks for that modem firmware.

If you don't care about restoring to 4.0, jailbreaking or unlocking, then yeah, go ahead an update but don't come crying about how you "mistakenly updated" later.

You use your brain first before you start giving out bad advice to easily persuaded people.

Quote Originally Posted by TheOnlyest View Post
    This is getting stupid now, why shouldn't we update??? we don't even HAVE a jailbreak for the iPhone4!! The jailbreak was supposedly done, but now people are saying its NOT done!! If its not done, why don't the Dev's just jailbreak 4.0.1 before they release it??
    Those of us with a 3GS on IOS 4 will lose our current jailbreak if we go upto 4.0.1

Don't forget that IOS 4.0.1 is not just for iPhone 4's

My iPhone is a Part of Me delusion950's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by blainesill View Post
    My blobs were saved successfully 15 minutes after his post.

It took a few attempts though, due to the server being slow.
    did u save blobs for ipod or iphone?

Quote Originally Posted by delusion950 View Post
    did u save blobs for ipod or iphone?
    iPhone 4

iPhone? More like MyPhone reaves205's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Shsh
    Can someone tell me..
    the people that were holding on their 3Gs's with 3.1.2 waiting for the jailbreak for 4.0 and did not get the blobs for 4.0?? Does that mean they can't go back to 4.0 from 4.1??

all my blogs are save as of last nite.......

Quote Originally Posted by reaves205 View Post
    Can someone tell me..
    the people that were holding on their 3Gs's with 3.1.2 waiting for the jailbreak for 4.0 and did not get the blobs for 4.0?? Does that mean they can't go back to 4.0 from 4.1??
    Correct 3GS and iPhone 4 need their firmware installs verified by Apple servers

I don't have my SHSH for 4.0 because I am on 3.1.3. Does this mean I wont be able to Jail Break to 4.0 when it gets released? Do I need to upgrade to 4.0.1 and get my SHSH using Tiny Unbralla and down grade to 3.1.3?

Quote Originally Posted by Wolftamer View Post
    Because maybe Apple is smart enough to have developers that constantly try to find their own holes and update their product? You think they write it, and then Apple just pays them to sip coffee until the unlock comes out?

By your logic then there would have NEVER been a possibility for an unlock because apple would have never released a baseband with a hole in it. This is infuriating that I even have to explain it. They can't fix what they don't know about. Plain and simple.

Please release the Jailbreak for iPhone 4 now ...
    Im missing it, and i want my iPhone 4 to be Super Kewl .. and not just Cool!

And im off work tomoz, so ive got all day to play ...

My iPhone is a Part of Me delusion950's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by blainesill View Post
    iPhone 4

great news then for you, am glad. stealth said u couldn't i didn't check. he usually knows whats he talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by svfusion View Post
    I don't have my SHSH for 4.0 because I am on 3.1.3. Does this mean I wont be able to Jail Break to 4.0 when it gets released? Do I need to upgrade to 4.0.1 and get my SHSH using Tiny Unbralla and down grade to 3.1.3?
    You can still use TinyUmbrella to grab that ECID SHSH for 4.0. You better do it now.

Forget the words upgrade and downgrade for now.

I wish everyone out there would just use TinyUmbrella right now, and stop making posts about the operation or concept behind the program, or wanting to debate the logic of it all. Just do it already.

I'm receiving my iPhone 4 tonight. Will I be forced to upgrade when I sync it?

Green Apple
    Thanks

QUESTION FOR THE EXPERTS:

I have 2 iPhone 4s, both of which I received via Fedex on launch day (I pre-ordered). I have opened one of them and use it as my everyday phone and yesterday used TinyUmbrella to save my SHSH blobs for iOS 4. I HAVE NEVER OPENED my 2nd iPhone 4 and am wondering if I need to do so and save my SHSH blobs for that phone now also? I would rather not as this is a spare phone that I would like to keep SEALED until I eventually have to use it or sell it. Either option for which I would like to be able to JAILBREAK or UNLOCK IT. Can I wait til that day comes that I want to open the box or DO IT HAVE TO DO IT NOW? Remember...this phone came with iOS 4 and has not been updated to the new firmware yet. Please advise. Thanks.

Maybe they realized there was a hole

Page 6 of 27 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast