Page 24 of 27 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iOS 4.0.1 and iPad 3.2.1 Now Live - DO NOT UPDATE

Quote Originally Posted by iPhone4 Master View Post
    ok i think i speak for everyone when i say okay we all know the new firmware is out now when is the jailbreak and unlock going to be released? they said they were waiting till after the firmware update... Now are they going to release it already or make us wait even longer! Im on tmobile and im dying to use my iphone 4! Its just sitting on my table .... I wanna use it soo bad!
    Precisely the type of people that pissed of people like Geohot.

Now can we haz Jailbreak?

Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by exNavy View Post
    Damn straight. That's the only thing that drives me crazy about coming to this site. While I love the news stories here and the discussion, the level of laziness/stupidity/lack of ability to read or think by most posters here drives me away after a few minutes.

People see a story headline here, don't read the headline, click it anyway, jump to page 12 and then start asking all their stupid questions without doing any reading whatsoever. Next thing you know you have a thread that's 80 pages long inside of an hour and maybe 12 of those posts have actual useful knowledge and aren't just the same question repeated ad nauseaum, not to mention all the petty fights. I'd love to know what some of you do for jobs, or how you get through life.
    That's precisely why I suggested a senior/restricted posting forum!

http://modmyi.com/forums/site-sugges...um-lounge.html

4. The Following User Says Thank You to mortopher For This Useful Post:

Gaz_AS (2010-07-16)

Can I haz blobz?

Formerly Known As rpgpromaster EddieLeonard's Avatar
    Thanks

wow this thread has gone from being a 4page per second thread to a 0page per hours thread. its like totally died in such a short time :P
    Follow me on Twitter: EddieLeonard - - - - - - - -If i have helped in anyway at all, Please click the "Thanks!" button
    Stalk me on FaceBook: Eddie Leonard

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Guys, I live in the UK and i have a legally unlocked Iphone 4 so baseband is not an issue for me (I understand 4.0.1 has no baseband update anyways) running 4.0, Should i update to 4.0.1? I ran tinyumberella a couple of days ago to backup my shsh files?

Thanks

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig02 View Post
    Guys, I live in the UK and i have a legally unlocked Iphone 4 so baseband is not an issue for me (I understand 4.0.1 has no baseband update anyways) running 4.0, Should i update to 4.0.1? I ran tinyumberella a couple of days ago to backup my shsh files?

Thanks
    Please scroll to the top of this page & read the tittle if the thread.

Bet you it's a trap by apple to make the dev team release their jb early, if you notice the update is 4.0.1 and not 4.1. Still in this cat and mouse game and the cat is trying to be smart lol.

ok stay with me please here is my story i bought an iphone 4 on july 29th from an att store when they went on sale have been pretty happy with it so far and connected it to my computer and it worked fine and installed all my information. well about a week or so after that i plugged my old 3g phone into my computer to restore is as i was going to give it to my gf and it would not restore more than 3/4 of the way it got stuck on the apple restore bar. So i couldent get it to restore i took it to an att store and they restored my old 3g phone just fine. my iphone 4 has been syncing and working just fine up until now. Last night i went to update to the new firmware 4.0.1 and it did the same thing my old 3g phone did it will only load on the apple screen about 3/4 of the way and then freeze every time anybody have any solutions as to how to fix this?

Formerly Known As rpgpromaster EddieLeonard's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ghscion View Post
    ok stay with me please here is my story i bought an iphone 4 on july 29th from an att store when they went on sale have been pretty happy with it so far and connected it to my computer and it worked fine and installed all my information. well about a week or so after that i plugged my old 3g phone into my computer to restore is as i was going to give it to my gf and it would not restore more than 3/4 of the way it got stuck on the apple restore bar. So i couldent get it to restore i took it to an att store and they restored my old 3g phone just fine. my iphone 4 has been syncing and working just fine up until now. Last night i went to update to the new firmware 4.0.1 and it did the same thing my old 3g phone did it will only load on the apple screen about 3/4 of the way and then freeze every time anybody have any solutions as to how to fix this?
    there might be a corrupt file so try and reinstall itunes or even your os
    i had the same thing when i updated to 3.1.3, i tried my mums laptop and it worked fine
    Follow me on Twitter: EddieLeonard - - - - - - - -If i have helped in anyway at all, Please click the "Thanks!" button
    Stalk me on FaceBook: Eddie Leonard

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ghscion View Post

try downloading the 4.0.1 file from this website, put your iphone into recovery mode. open itunes and hold shift and click restore. See if that works

Can anyone confirm wut the update 'supposedly' does for iPad?

(hope thats a reasonable question but wit this threads track record who knows)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by juggz143 View Post
    Can anyone confirm wut the update 'supposedly' does for iPad?

(hope thats a reasonable question but wit this threads track record who knows)
    Supposed to fix the crappy wifi issues.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Rounder's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Wolftamer View Post
    Supposed to fix the crappy wifi issues.
    Yeah it fixed it for me, my WiFi connection no longer drops randomly.
    My Mac:  iMac 21.6" 2.5GHz Quad-Core i5, 4GB RAM, 500GB, AMD 512MB Video (10.6.6)

iOS Devices: iPhone 4 32GB (4.3.2 JB) | iPad 2 16GB (4.3.2) | Apple TV 2G (4.3 JB)

MobileMe User

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Rounder For This Useful Post:

MJedi (2010-07-16)

Gotcha, thanks guys!!!

so, though the 4.01 firmware released which all were waiting for but jailbreak and unlock wont still be released?

i thought i read ( sorry if i misunderstood ) that musclenerd/planetbeign said that comex already got jailbreak for 4.0 and waiting for the new firmware to be released. am i correct or wrong?

cheers

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dj Meltdown View Post
    Please scroll to the top of this page & read the tittle if the thread.
    No need to be smart, Im not stupid i did read the title

I was looking for peoples opinions on it as a whole as i heard 4.0.1 improved the 3g and wifi speed issues people were having

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dying4004 View Post
    so, though the 4.01 firmware released which all were waiting for but jailbreak and unlock wont still be released?

i thought i read ( sorry if i misunderstood ) that musclenerd/planetbeign said that comex already got jailbreak for 4.0 and waiting for the new firmware to be released. am i correct or wrong?

cheers
    same am need to know when jailbreak and unlock expected...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rounder View Post
    Yeah it fixed it for me, my WiFi connection no longer drops randomly.
    Good to know. My iPad drops its WiFi connection, too. However, I haven't updated yet because I need the jailbreak to run Backgrounder, SBSettings and MakeItMine.

Waiting patiently for jailbreak of iPad 3.2.1. (And everyone else should wait patiently, too. )

thanks for the answer i tried it and still got the same results but thanks for trying to help i appreciate it

Page 24 of 27 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast