Page 14 of 27 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iOS 4.0.1 and iPad 3.2.1 Now Live - DO NOT UPDATE

Quote Originally Posted by pirarre View Post
    Yes the tread titles states, "iOS 4.0.1 and iPad 3.2.1 Now Live - DO NOT UPDATE" But I asked the so called stupid question because IF YOU READ later underneath the the title it states
    It states multiple times what you should do.

Quote Originally Posted by nickhesson View Post

iOS 4.0.1 and iPad 3.2.1 have just been released! For your own good, DO NOT UPDATE!!! if you require jailbreak or unlock!

It looks like reports are coming in that this is actually the 4.1 Beta we saw last night... not sure why it would roll out so quick, but I'm not buying it just yet. The baseband isn't even updated, so it can't be entirely 4.1b.

BACKUP YOUR SHSH BLOBS!!!!!!!!

Comex has confirmed there is NO baseband update in 4.0.1. You can update if you wish, but really there is no point unless you have an iPhone 4 and want these new "bigger bars". Either way, just don't do it.

Planetbeing also recommends staying away, but if you missed your SHSH blob backup, you can do so on 4.0.1, as there is no baseband update.

Your question was answered multiple times. Read. Stop asking questions that are already answered. How hard is this to understand? If your friend didn't back up his SHSHs and it sound like he didn't you can update, but PlanetBeing reccomends against doing so. Try and get them, if you can't don't update if you want a jailbreak and/or unlock. It's written in plain English. No need to ask your question.

Just backed my 4.0 blobs up now using apple server for mine and my dads. Is it ok to have 2 iphones on the same laptop?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sandstorm77 View Post
    Why the hell did they update the ipad? I have no "Death Grip" issue?
    You're right! All you have is a "Brain Issue" that's all.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxxster View Post
    We can argue as much as we want but apple aren't just patching the exploit due to piracy but they have an obligation to fit any known exploits due to security reasons to protect customers from malicious software
    There is very weak encryption on the iPhone 3GS as a whole. Bypassing iPhone 3G[s] Encryption Jonathan Zdziarski's Domain

Quote Originally Posted by liamwalsh21 View Post
    Just backed my 4.0 blobs up now using apple server for mine and my dads. Is it ok to have 2 iphones on the same laptop?
    Yes as they are individually identified

You are badly mistaken. Of course they can find holes that aren't presented to them. Maybe they won't, but maybe they will. Having your SHSH just makes that question irrelevant.

If it's not needed as you say, then why do the SAME people who created the jailbreak and unlock tell you to get them? They know they haven't released the JB and UL. But they also know that Apple's developers could very well find them too. (E.g. once Apple knows a hole exists, you don't think they don't start looking for it?) So, they tell you for YOUR OWN SAFETY to get it.

So, yes, it may not be needed, but then again, it might. You should have taken the time to do it so , you don't have to worry. And you should do it in the future if you didn't this time.

Please stop giving people bad advice.

Umm, Baseband holes are for UNLOCK. To unlock you need to JAILBREAK. The jailbreak hole being used is userland JB, which by definition is EASILY fixable.

Please stop typing. You just make yourself look worse each time you do.
    Last edited by jomo25; 2010-07-15 at 11:17 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by justinwinter View Post
    here is what my bars looked like before...

and this is after the update....

so basically... now it looks like i never have service...and PS... the death grip still strips you of bars
    WOW....that looks horrible...those big bars are not nice

The "blobs" are needed to downgrade if there are any problems. Kind of like an insurance policy. Do you need it, some can argue yes while others can say no. IF you want to reverse a problem and history has shown that keeping the now older SHSH's are a key to going backwards, then your backup plan works. If you don't have them then there is a bigger risk of not being able to fix something later down the road. Older firmwares are always available but for the 3GS's and now the iPhone4's you need this key to go back if there is a problem. Jailbreak, unlock whatever you want to do if you are on this website you want at least one if not both. And the key to unlock either part of the newer phones are these SHSH's

Well they havn't bothered fixing the bluetooth problems with European cars i.e BMW, Merc, Audi, VW, Skoda

Hoping they will fix it in 4.1

I don't think so that it's a trap.
    I saw already guys for unlocking and jailbreaking the 4.0.1
    Anyway i will wait for 2-3 days.

5 Stunna

iPhone? More like MyPhone reaves205's Avatar
    Thanks

You know lots of people have a life and do not sit on this site reading each post as it comes out to "Get their SHSH's Backed up. Some people may be in the hospital, working or in the military and can only look from time to time........

All I can do is smh @ this thread, there's at least 50 posts I want to quote & make a joke out of but I can't decide where to start....

So, anyway I just saved my shsh's for my iPhone 4 & iPad, I'm a happy camper

Quote Originally Posted by reaves205 View Post
    You know lots of people have a life and do not sit on this site reading each post as it comes out to "Get their SHSH's Backed up. Some people may be in the hospital, working or in the military and can only look from time to time........

There's life outside mmi??

Is Cydia down? I can't store back to 3.1.3. I won't get verified by "Apple" error on itunes..my host file is like it used to be..

Quote Originally Posted by reaves205 View Post
    5 minutes. That's all it takes. And all the info you need to know is in the first 5 sentences of this story. Hell, you can find all the info you need to keep up to date in the time it takes you to take a dump. No excuses for being lazy.

"The Chuck Bass of Theming" k.nitsua's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,217 Times in 2,596 Posts

I only have one thing to say regarding all of this:

This thread was pretty damn fun to read, haha!

Wow, I sure am glad I saved My SHSH files for 4.0 last night with TinyUmbrella!! and now Cydia shows my SHSH files all the way from 3.0 to 4.0

Can someone post some pictures of puppies or kittens to lighten up this thread. Lot of screaming going on.

iPhone? More like MyPhone clikzip's Avatar
    Thanks

I installed this update, i dont rely on an unlock or jailbreak. This is after updating.

With Deathgrip

Without Deathgrip

This update didnt fix anything....
    Add me up on xbox live gamertag clikzip.

Quote Originally Posted by KartRacer;
    5 minutes. That's all it takes. And all the info you need to know is in the first 5 sentences of this story. Hell, you can find all the info you need to keep up to date in the time it takes you to take a dump. No excuses for being lazy.
    Wow u can take a dump in 5 mins, u a bad mofo, lol

21. The Following User Says Thank You to juggz143 For This Useful Post:

KartRacer (2010-07-15)

Page 14 of 27 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast