Page 13 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 260 of 527

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: iOS 4.0.1 and iPad 3.2.1 Now Live - DO NOT UPDATE

  1. #241
    I agree with the person on the first page. Apple is releasing some half assed update to get the jailbreak released then patching the real 4.1 to block the jailbreak

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to jds1469 For This Useful Post:

    rickuk (2010-07-15)

  3. #242
    Quote Originally Posted by sandstorm77 View Post
    Why would i be kidding you!

    Why else would Apple release an update. Its not because they are trying to keep us from jailbreaking. This is evident by the fact that the baseband did not get updated. If you actually read through the posts you would have seen that.

    There are no other reasons why they would release this update other than to keep us from Jailbreaking or fix their F-up on the lost signals.
    i read thru the posts, but what i read was where you said...

    "The point of the update is to software fix the "Death Grip" issue.".

    eh?! did the 4.01 update fix the death grip issue, which is a hardware fault?

  4. #243
    Quote Originally Posted by KartRacer View Post
    It's not a simple question, it's a stupid question among hundreds of other stupid questions. It says in the TITLE what to do. READ THE TITLE. I didn't get 'owned' or 'flamed'. If you don't want read the first sentence of this news story because you're to lazy to, you're the problem not me. Stop asking stupid questions that are easily answered, we have way too many people asking retarded questions on this website. I had to grow up asking questions, but I didn't grow up stupid and not even ATTEMPT to find out the answer like you and many others like you. Seriously, read the description of the story you posted a stupid question about, it's answered in the first 15 words.
    Dead on...nice post!

  5. #244
    iPhone? More like MyPhone reaves205's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Birmingham
    Posts
    109
    Thanks
    530
    Thanked 6 Times in 5 Posts

    Can someone please tell me.. I was holding on 3.1.2, waiting for the JB for 4.0. Everybody was saying to backup the SHSH's so when I went to do that Apple now has only 4.0.1 as an update...Should I update to 4.0.1 to get those blobs or is it pointless now since I can't get the 4.0 blobs??

  6. #245
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Orlando, Florida, United States
    Posts
    150
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 38 Times in 24 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by KartRacer View Post
    You can't read. He said they wouldn't have had time to update the baseband for 4.0.1, you know to test it, have AT&T approve it and distribute it. You're wrong. Again.
    No, he was saying that they couldn't update it because the unlock hadn't been released. That they "couldn't fix what they don't know about."

    It's ok though...continue on with your anger.

  7. #246
    Quote Originally Posted by KartRacer View Post
    It's not a simple question, it's a stupid question among hundreds of other stupid questions. It says in the TITLE what to do. READ THE TITLE. I didn't get 'owned' or 'flamed'. If you don't want read the first sentence of this news story because you're to lazy to, you're the problem not me. Stop asking stupid questions that are easily answered, we have way too many people asking retarded questions on this website. I had to grow up asking questions, but I didn't grow up stupid and not even ATTEMPT to find out the answer like you and many others like you. Seriously, read the description of the story you posted a stupid question about, it's answered in the first 15 words.
    Yes the tread titles states, "iOS 4.0.1 and iPad 3.2.1 Now Live - DO NOT UPDATE" But I asked the so called stupid question because IF YOU READ later underneath the the title it states:

    " Originally Posted by comex
    Apparently there is no baseband update for some reason, so feel free to update to 4.0.1 if you're on 4.0"

    and

    " Originally Posted by planetbeing
    Still encourage you not to update to 4.0.1 however, but if you missed getting a 4.0 SHSH, you can get ones for 4.0.1"


    That's why the question was asked. if it would have just said DO NOT UPDATE then I wouldn't have asked the question. Futhermore, with the previous owner of my iPhone 4 having no knowledge of jailbreaking whatsoever let along saving your shsh info is the other reason I asked the question as you can see as stated above it states, "Still encourage you not to update to 4.0.1 however, but if you missed getting a 4.0 SHSH, you can get ones for 4.0.1"


    But whatever...it's all good. I'm not gonna update.

  8. #247
    Quote Originally Posted by jds1469 View Post
    I agree with the person on the first page. Apple is releasing some half assed update to get the jailbreak released then patching the real 4.1 to block the jailbreak
    ONCE AGAIN, THEY ARE NOT WAITING FOR APPLE TO RELEASE THE ******* JAILBREAK...GET YOUR **** STRAIGHT, DON'T BELIEVE ME? ASK COMEX YOURSELF.

    I'm so sick of doing "damage control" for those I try to help that just run with whatever some other person "thinks".

  9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tekwiz For This Useful Post:

    JimJam707 (2010-07-15), ronfin44 (2010-07-16)

  10. #248
    Quote Originally Posted by pirarre View Post
    Yes the tread titles states, "iOS 4.0.1 and iPad 3.2.1 Now Live - DO NOT UPDATE" But I asked the so called stupid question because IF YOU READ later underneath the the title it states:

    " Originally Posted by comex
    Apparently there is no baseband update for some reason, so feel free to update to 4.0.1 if you're on 4.0"

    and

    " Originally Posted by planetbeing
    Still encourage you not to update to 4.0.1 however, but if you missed getting a 4.0 SHSH, you can get ones for 4.0.1"


    That's why the question was asked. if it would have just said DO NOT UPDATE then I wouldn't have asked the question. Futhermore, with the previous owner of my iPhone 4 having no knowledge of jailbreaking whatsoever let along saving your shsh info is the other reason Ia asked the question as you can see as stated above it states, "Still encourage you not to update to 4.0.1 however, but if you missed getting a 4.0 SHSH, you can get ones for 4.0.1"


    But whatever...it's all good. I'm not gonna update.
    As of an hour or so ago, i was still able to get my blobs from Apple. Have you tried getting your 4.0 blobs?

  11. #249
    iPhone? More like MyPhone sandstorm77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Cranston, RI
    Posts
    208
    Thanks
    16
    Thanked 33 Times in 17 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by tekwiz View Post
    Dude, baseband updating has nothing to do with jailbreaking. Baseband is regarding UNLOCK...there's a difference between UNLOCKING and JAILBREAKING. And they most certainly ARE trying to stop the jailbreaking as the iPad update kills the Spirit jailbreak.

    I know the difference between Unlocking and Jailbreaking im not an idiot. And with this update they are not worried about the jailbreaking and unlocking. And do you know for sure that this kills the Spirit Jailbreak? I have not seen anyone confirm this yet. Mr know it all!

    This update was indeed to software fix the death grip issue.

  12. #250
    You can still backup your shsh's. I just did mine for iPad 3.2 and iPhone 3GS 4.0.

  13. #251
    Quote Originally Posted by KartRacer View Post
    That's true, everyone has to start somewhere. That start should be the search bar.
    i agree. Its just that i think theres no reason to be nasty about informing people to use the search function. Look, I agree that there a waaaayyyyyyyyyy too many posts asking questions that were answered in the origional article or first couple of posts. I'm just sayin that theres other things, much more important/worthy things that you could be directing your anger at....just my humble opinion, take it or leave it.
    Neo Style by k.nitsua....early front runner for THEME OF THE YEAR

    Now in a dead heat with liveOS c/o bluemetal....

    Let us all welcome the newest fighter to the TOTY ring...iNavHD c/o reeco

  14. #252
    Quote Originally Posted by tekwiz View Post
    No offense, because you are just wrong. The iPad update kills the Spirit jailbreak.
    Im talkin about at this particular point. I think their is just way to much goin on for them to be worried about a jailbreak. Im not sayin that its not happening but its probably on the backburner.

  15. #253
    Quote Originally Posted by Lintrix View Post
    As of an hour or so ago, i was still able to get my blobs from Apple. Have you tried getting your 4.0 blobs?

    Thanks for trying to help me out. But yeah, I just did mine too like 5 minutes ago. I saved a copy on my computer as well as Cydia.

    Thanks again

  16. #254
    iPhone? More like MyPhone sandstorm77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Cranston, RI
    Posts
    208
    Thanks
    16
    Thanked 33 Times in 17 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by simes6600 View Post
    i read thru the posts, but what i read was where you said...

    "The point of the update is to software fix the "Death Grip" issue.".

    eh?! did the 4.01 update fix the death grip issue, which is a hardware fault?
    Eh? We all know its a hardware issue. ******!!! Im done arguing with an idiot who can see that Apple is just trying to do damage control by releasing a Software fix

  17. #255
    I only hope that comex don't wait for 4.1..

  18. #256
    Quote Originally Posted by sandstorm77 View Post
    Eh? We all know its a hardware issue. ******!!! Im done arguing with an idiot who can see that Apple is just trying to do damage control by releasing a Software fix
    "The point of the update is to software fix the "Death Grip" issue.".

    judging by that you don't know its a hardware fault. heh!

  19. #257
    Quote Originally Posted by KartRacer View Post
    Yes it does indicate another version is close to release. 4.1 There is no sense releasing a userland jailbreak when this update was expected not too long ago because Apple said they were going to release an update. Even then we knew another update was coming after this one because the 4.0 release left out alot from the beta that everyone knew was missing and would be added later. The reason they didn't release is because it isn't ready yet and there is zero sense in rushing out a jailbreak that is very easily fixed. And since this is a userland jailbreak rather than a bootrom jailbreak it's much easier to patch and everyone that comes here should know that, and should avoid updating. Instead we get morons that come here, don't do research, and ask the same stupid questions over and over. I take sinister pleasure in seeing them screw themselves out of a jailbreak simply because they didn't do 5 minutes research and save themselves the grief. I never really liked GeoHot, but the past few days reading the comments on this site have convinced me that he was right to leave and that 90% of the people on this website are goddamn impatient and stupid people. I wish there was a test to sign up for this website to ward off all the morons.
    Couldn't agree more with your sentiments. If a user is daft enough to update and screw themselves out of a jailbreak, that is their problem. Personally I wouldn't grant them so much care and attention. If you couldn't be bothered to research before upgrading, it's your own fault nobody elses.

    Anyhows, my post wasn't about technical knowledge, it was about the cat and mouse between exploit finders and apple. I must admit I thought Geohot was right when he said "this is not how the game is played". If I were apple, I would now continously tease new versions a month or so apart so there is never a 'good time' to release a jailbreak.

    At the end of the day, its out of all of our hands though! so no matter. I'm not one of the ones after free apps, just want sbsettings and iBlacklist back (and I'm sure the makers of iBlacklist want my money too!).
    Last edited by futeki; 2010-07-15 at 11:05 PM.

  20. #258
    I agree there is a numbers game Apple seems to be playing. While the developers got 4.1 the public got 4.01. The 4.1 got an update to go with it more than likely to fix Ultrasn0w's break and other things. the 4.01 just did the bars like apple said they were going to do. Developers need time to implement changes and thats why they got 4.1 yesterday. It is an interesting tactic where it appeases the masses in thinking that the signal bar is fixed since they have been all over the news over it. Does it fix it who knows and I dont think they are worried about it till the dust settles and a jailbreak comes out. then WHAM 4.1 will be public and low and behold the jailbreak is patched...

    If you have a phone on 4.0 do what you can. If you are waiting on 3.1.something continue to wait... If you are in limbo you are going to have to stay in limbo.

    No other simple way to put it. iPhones are a touchy subject and as more people buy them in droves new and used ones it can be hectic. Just hang in there. We have a good community of people here and fighting won't help but confuse the people that need the help.

  21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LrdBane For This Useful Post:

    KidPoetic (2010-07-18), reaves205 (2010-07-16), rickuk (2010-07-15)

  22. #259
    We can argue as much as we want but apple aren't just patching the exploit due to piracy but they have an obligation to fit any known exploits due to security reasons to protect customers from malicious software

  23. #260
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Alaska
    Posts
    1,021
    Thanks
    41
    Thanked 116 Times in 113 Posts

    These forums get more and more frustrating to read everyday. Its turned into nothing but people ******** at each other and the same stupid questions (that could be answered in 5 minutes by searching) asked over and over.... but will I continue to come here? YEP!
    Have they released the jailbreak in the app store yet?

Page 13 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •