Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 140 of 273

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: TinyUmbrella Updated - Save Your SHSH Files!

  1. #121
    Quote Originally Posted by Dj Meltdown View Post
    Hey guys, this is the first time I've used TU. I'm on win7 64bit, I run the program as an administrator , when it tries to connect the program tells me it's no being run as an administrator. The it proceeds to work anyway. I have 3.1.2 and 3.1.3 on cydia, do the both save in the same shsh file or should the be a file for each? Even thought the process completed, has it done it properly considering the admin error?
    Would it be better to run in xp service pack 3 mode?

    I did mine on the mac and didn't get a chance to see the windows version before leaving for work this morning...but on the mac version of Tiny Umbrella, there's a message to tell you it's been successful, and a link to allow you view the location of where it's stored. I believe the windows version won't be any different considering that was one of the reasons TU was updated.

    Once you can verify the above (message and link) you are ok. Hope that helps.

    Quote Originally Posted by exNavy View Post
    If you read the earlier posts, you'd see you do NOT need to be on 4.0 to save an ecid shsh for 4.0.

    The post immediately after your original post is wrong. If you want to stay on 3.1.3 you can. You'll still be able to use Cydia or Tiny to get the newer firmware signature.

    When Apple stops signing 4.0 that is when you will have a problem. Example: you can't get an ecid shsh for 3.1.3 any more, because they aren't signing it any more.

    I think you may have misunderstood his question...if he NEVER intends to upgrade his device to any firmware other than the one he is currently on ( which I believe is below 3.1.3), then he would be ok...

    I however think that eventually, we would all be forced to upgrade at some point if we want to use newer apps (not necessarily updates), and Apple WILL eventually stop signing 4.0 (they've done similar in the past and only to deter JB'ing).

    Educate me if I'm wrong, but how can you save an SHSH for a firmware that you don't even have? TU identifies the firmware on your device when you connect it, and allows you to back up THAT firmware.
    I didn't realise it could generate a non-existent SHSH for the device *confused*
    It's like using Photoshop cs4 and wanting to save a file you're editing as a cs5 version...
    Last edited by iLaw-One; 2010-07-15 at 12:37 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to iLaw-One For This Useful Post:

    Dj Meltdown (2010-07-15)

  3. #122
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    28
    Thanks
    10
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Thankyou, I did see said message, just thought it was weird that it said error then completed. It only worked when graving the 4.0 shsh from apple. Hasn't worked for cydia yet. Will check when I get home from work. Thanks again

  4. #123
    Quote Originally Posted by Dj Meltdown View Post
    Thankyou, I did see said message, just thought it was weird that it said error then completed. It only worked when graving the 4.0 shsh from apple. Hasn't worked for cydia yet. Will check when I get home from work. Thanks again
    You're welcome. I've used the previous version of TU on win7 and it was same as the mac version. To get it to work for cydia, you need to click on advanced tab and select cydia (it should be automatically selected as first choice) from the drop down...that backs up your blobs on both cydia and locally on your machine.

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to iLaw-One For This Useful Post:

    Dj Meltdown (2010-07-15)

  6. #124
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    119
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by iSteed View Post
    I can use this on on a non- jailbroken device?
    yes you can. If you are looking forward to jailbreaking your device, I suggest you backup your files.

  7. #125
    Green Apple maxgsteinberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Boca Raton, FL
    Posts
    38
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by exNavy View Post
    If you read the earlier posts, you'd see you do NOT need to be on 4.0 to save an ecid shsh for 4.0.

    The post immediately after your original post is wrong. If you want to stay on 3.1.3 you can. You'll still be able to use Cydia or Tiny to get the newer firmware signature.

    When Apple stops signing 4.0 that is when you will have a problem. Example: you can't get an ecid shsh for 3.1.3 any more, because they aren't signing it any more.
    So what you're saying is that I can choose the save 4.0 shsh option in TU without having 4.0 installed on my phone and it will still be 4.0 SHSHs?

  8. #126
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Delaware
    Posts
    233
    Thanks
    96
    Thanked 24 Times in 20 Posts

    How long is this process taking everyone to complete. I've tried TU a few times so far and let it go for 5 minutes or so and have had no luck. It just says "processing SHSH request" at the bottom. I'm using a snowbreezed 4.0 on my 3Gs. My OS is Win7 64bit. I've read the read me and the comments, and I'm still not sure what I'm missing. Thanks.

  9. #127
    Quote Originally Posted by KartRacer View Post
    Read what's written on the damn site you download the program from. Jesus Christ. There's also this thing called google or search the forums here.



    I get an endless enter password loop on 10.6.4 For some reason it doesn't work. Hmmmmmmmmmm.....
    :To those having issues with TU in OSX:

    You First need to drag TU into your Applications Folder before you start up the program. If you try to initiate TU when it's simply mounted you'll get the endless password loop..

    On Your Mark!

  10. #128
    Quote Originally Posted by Logan80 View Post
    How long is this process taking everyone to complete. I've tried TU a few times so far and let it go for 5 minutes or so and have had no luck. It just says "processing SHSH request" at the bottom. I'm using a snowbreezed 4.0 on my 3Gs. My OS is Win7 64bit. I've read the read me and the comments, and I'm still not sure what I'm missing. Thanks.
    The whole process should take about a minute or so...I'm yet to try backing up with the new TU on win7 32bit, but previously had to specify where I wanted the SHSH backed up (apple, cydia or local). The new version (at least on the mac) comes with cydia pre-selected...under the advanced tab...maybe that's what you're missing?

  11. #129
    Quote Originally Posted by liamwalsh21 View Post
    Is it simple enough to do once i download tinyumbrella or is there a guide anywhere?
    Yes the program is super simple. If you are a Mac user and still can't figure it out, I have a tutorial, and also a tutorial showing you exactly how to downgrade using tiny and the tss server.

  12. #130
    Tried it even for a noob it was easy enough on windows 7 takes a min to work quick question sorry if I have missed this if I get another iPhone 4 can I use the same blobs etc that I used for my first iPhone 4 or do I have to tu that one also I have ordered another iPhone 4 I reckon it be on 4.01 when I get it so can I use my shsh on my first iPhone and use that fir my second sorry once again

  13. #131
    Quote Originally Posted by Dj Meltdown View Post
    Thankyou, I did see said message, just thought it was weird that it said error then completed. It only worked when graving the 4.0 shsh from apple. Hasn't worked for cydia yet. Will check when I get home from work. Thanks again
    That's odd, I had the exact opposite situation. Apple wouldn't work (even when on 4.0 already), but Cydia did work.

  14. #132
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    28
    Thanks
    10
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Yeah, I tried the cydia one first, it didn't connect & referred me to the admin error. Once I sorted that it didn't work again so I switched it to apple & grabbed my 4.0 shsh. I think it's strange it worked for apple but not cydia. Unless it's all rolled into one shsh file at the end?
    I need to do a bit of research on it. Maybe a 64bit porting problem, which I also know nothing about.... Maybe the same problem I'm facing when trying to downgrade

    Quote Originally Posted by exNavy View Post
    That's odd, I had the exact opposite situation. Apple wouldn't work (even when on 4.0 already), but Cydia did work.
    Very strange indeed, I wish I had the brains to sort it. You got the better deal, all I want to do is downgrade. All I get are errors tho. I've followed all guides to the letter. Must be something I'm missing... Good luck
    Last edited by Dj Meltdown; 2010-07-15 at 02:11 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  15. #133
    Quote Originally Posted by rabbit_ View Post
    Tried it even for a noob it was easy enough on windows 7 takes a min to work quick question sorry if I have missed this if I get another iPhone 4 can I use the same blobs etc that I used for my first iPhone 4 or do I have to tu that one also I have ordered another iPhone 4 I reckon it be on 4.01 when I get it so can I use my shsh on my first iPhone and use that fir my second sorry once again
    Blobs are specific per device...otherwise we'd have somewhere where we can all download any blob we wanted for any device...so you'll have to TU the new one when it arrives...

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to iLaw-One For This Useful Post:

    rabbit_ (2010-07-15)

  17. #134
    Come to think of it that was a silly question lol thanks for answering though

  18. #135
    "I think you may have misunderstood his question...if he NEVER intends to upgrade his device to any firmware other than the one he is currently on ( which I believe is below 3.1.3), then he would be ok..."

    Possibly I read it another way. But the info I provided is still correct.


    "Educate me if I'm wrong, but how can you save an SHSH for a firmware that you don't even have?"

    Saurik has stated once your ECID is on file with him that Cydia will continue to send that number to Apple for each and every future firmware update to get the SHSH on file. You don't need to "make my life easier" each time a new firmware comes out. I don't know where he said that, possibly here: Caching Apple's Signature Server - Jay Freeman (saurik)


    "TU identifies the firmware on your device when you connect it, and allows you to back up THAT firmware.
    I didn't realise it could generate a non-existent SHSH for the device *confused*"

    It's not non-existent since Apple is signing 4.0 still. If you have a 3GS with 3.1.3 on it and want the 4.0 blob Tiny will get it for you. 4.0 is still being signed as it's a valid firmware. Whether or not it is on your phone at that time doesn't matter. It's still being signed and thus would still be an approved restore/update.
    Last edited by exNavy; 2010-07-15 at 02:21 PM.

  19. #136
    Quote Originally Posted by Dj Meltdown View Post
    Yeah, I tried the cydia one first, it didn't connect & referred me to the admin error. Once I sorted that it didn't work again so I switched it to apple & grabbed my 4.0 shsh. I think it's strange it worked for apple but not cydia. Unless it's all rolled into one shsh file at the end?
    I need to do a bit of research on it. Maybe a 64bit porting problem, which I also know nothing about.... Maybe the same problem I'm facing when trying to downgrade



    Very strange indeed, I wish I had the brains to sort it. You got the better deal, all I want to do is downgrade. All I get are errors tho. I've followed all guides to the letter. Must be something I'm missing... Good luck
    If a friend has a mac, you should be able to get your blob from his machine and save it in the same location where TU saves it on your machine...you should then be able to use that to downgrade...I believe the file will be the same whether taken from a windows machine or a mac.

    Quote Originally Posted by exNavy View Post
    "I think you may have misunderstood his question...if he NEVER intends to upgrade his device to any firmware other than the one he is currently on ( which I believe is below 3.1.3), then he would be ok..."

    Possibly I read it another way. But the info I provided is still correct.


    "Educate me if I'm wrong, but how can you save an SHSH for a firmware that you don't even have?"

    Saurik has stated once your ECID is on file with him that Cydia will continue to send that number to Apple for each and every future firmware update to get the SHSH on file. You don't need to "make my life easier" each time a new firmware comes out. I don't know where he said that, possibly here: Caching Apple's Signature Server - Jay Freeman (saurik)


    "TU identifies the firmware on your device when you connect it, and allows you to back up THAT firmware.
    I didn't realise it could generate a non-existent SHSH for the device *confused*"

    It's not non-existent since Apple is signing 4.0 still. If you have a 3GS with 3.1.3 on it and want the 4.0 blob Tiny will get it for you. 4.0 is still being signed as it's a valid firmware. Whether or not it is on your phone at that time doesn't matter. It's still being signed and thus would still be an approved restore/update.
    I have read that article from Saurik and I understand it differently...the blobs you have saved on cydia servers will allow you to restore to the firmware of that specific blob irrespective of what version you upgrade to.

    Say you have 3.1.3 saved and you upgrade to 4.0 and later 4.0.1 and find some very needed feature missing and want to go back to say, 4.0, you will only be able to go back to 3.1.3 and then proceed from there...

    I guess you could then download 4.0 from the internet and then have cydia servers sign it (if apple had stopped signing it by then) so you would then have 4.0 on your device....that's my understanding.
    Last edited by iLaw-One; 2010-07-15 at 02:38 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  20. #137
    hi guys,
    i have been doing quite a bit of research and come to this conclusion that i have 2 i phone 3gs which have the NEW BOOTROM.
    No1. shows me the i phone screen with various program options.
    No2. presently showing i tunes symbol

    i need following help:
    no1. i read somewhere i can unlock it with spiritjb but i am not sure weather to do so or not. i had earlier tried black rain to jailbreak my phones which lead to only one of them coming to the present screen.later i read about dev team.

    what should i do with no1 phone.

    no 2 phone:

    as it is on i tune symbol setting i do not know what to do with it. i can try to download the software/firmware and upload it onto the phone manually. would this work.

    please advise someone.

  21. #138
    Quote Originally Posted by exNavy View Post
    "I
    "Educate me if I'm wrong, but how can you save an SHSH for a firmware that you don't even have?"

    Saurik has stated once your ECID is on file with him that Cydia will continue to send that number to Apple for each and every future firmware update to get the SHSH on file. You don't need to "make my life easier" each time a new firmware comes out. I don't know where he said that, possibly here: Caching Apple's Signature Server - Jay Freeman (saurik)


    "TU identifies the firmware on your device when you connect it, and allows you to back up THAT firmware.
    I didn't realise it could generate a non-existent SHSH for the device *confused*"

    It's not non-existent since Apple is signing 4.0 still. If you have a 3GS with 3.1.3 on it and want the 4.0 blob Tiny will get it for you. 4.0 is still being signed as it's a valid firmware. Whether or not it is on your phone at that time doesn't matter. It's still being signed and thus would still be an approved restore/update.
    So basically i just go on tiny umbrella and save the shsh and it wont save for 3.1.3 it will save for 4.0 instead?

  22. #139
    Quote Originally Posted by saket View Post
    hi guys,
    i have been doing quite a bit of research and come to this conclusion that i have 2 i phone 3gs which have the NEW BOOTROM.
    No1. shows me the i phone screen with various program options.
    No2. presently showing i tunes symbol

    i need following help:
    no1. i read somewhere i can unlock it with spiritjb but i am not sure weather to do so or not. i had earlier tried black rain to jailbreak my phones which lead to only one of them coming to the present screen.later i read about dev team.

    what should i do with no1 phone.

    no 2 phone:

    as it is on i tune symbol setting i do not know what to do with it. i can try to download the software/firmware and upload it onto the phone manually. would this work.

    please advise someone.
    If phone 1 isn't JB'ken, use the latest version of either pwnage or redsnow to JB and then use ultrasn0w to unlock.

    Phone 2 hold down both sleep button and home key until apple logo appears and release both...phone should restart...if not, connect to iTunes and restore...it would restore to 4.0 which is the current version. You can then JB with redsnow or pwnage (latest versions).

  23. #140
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    119
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts

    just did mine,worked great!

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •