Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Video] Planetbeing's iPhone 4 Carrier Unlock

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sergioakakobe View Post
    Some Dumb People over at the Engadget Blog were Commenting on that first Picture and Video saying that it was a fake,that AT&T can roam over BELL and ya da ya da ya da....(stupid comments Continue) etc...

So Planetbeing Posted this New Video(not that he had to)but because he is a Hell of A Nice Guy He Did...
    Awful that he even had to.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Am I right in believing that once this is released, it will not only jailbreak & unlock the IP4 but also the newer bootroom 3GS on 4.0?

It is an unlock for the iPhone 4, nothing to do with the JB (except, of course, you will need to be JB to use it).
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

iPhone? More like MyPhone General Klinger's Avatar
    Thanks

Nice!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Varmit View Post
    ... Listen to the video to the end. It holds the answer to the very question your asking.
    AGAIN...and this is the last time I will repeat myself...he is talking about the UNLOCK. I am talking about the jailbreak. Is it maybe that you don't realize that these two things are NOT one and the same?!

The jailbreak was achieved a while ago, whence from the unlock exploit testing began. And I understand their reluctance to release the UNLOCK they are still working on and improving, but there is NO MENTION on why the jailbreak is or should continue to be held back. There are many of us who need the JB who do not necessarily care about the unlock or willing to wait until they achieve efficiency in the coding and are happy enough with the results to release it to the masses. So I am simply saying there is no reason that I know of why the JB should not be released separately.

But you know what, They will say its a fake too. They cant accept the fact that it is because its called "taunting" trying to get him to release it. They know its real.
    iPhone 4 Quote: Its so easy, a caveman can use it!

Green Apple
    Thanks

A jailbreak for new bootrom 3gs would be cool right now

I tip my hat to Planetbeing and the rest of the Dev Team.

Great work. 

Quote Originally Posted by teddyf1 View Post
    AGAIN...and this is the last time I will repeat myself...he is talking about the UNLOCK. I am talking about the jailbreak. Is it maybe that you don't realize that these two things are NOT one and the same?!

The jailbreak was achieved a while ago, whence from the unlock exploit testing began. And I understand their reluctance to release the UNLOCK they are still working on and improving, but there is NO MENTION on why the jailbreak is or should continue to be held back. There are many of us who need the JB who do not necessarily care about the unlock or willing to wait until they achieve efficiency in the coding and are happy enough with the results to release it to the masses. So I am simply saying there is no reason that I know of why the JB should not be released separately.
    So why are you asking about the JB in a thread about the unlock?
    The JB and the reasons for not releasing it have been discussed many times in many threads, why try and hijack this one?
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to confucious For This Useful Post:

z3r01 (2010-07-14)

Thanks

Order people order

@Teddy very simple. Why waste the exploit on 4.0 when 4.0.1 will be out in the next week or so. Jailbreaks don't come by easily anymore. And quit hijacking the thread

On another note, great job to the dev team, my iPhone 4 is currently an overrated camera and expensive glass itouch right now but soon I will be able to use it. But I'm in no rush. I'm good with my factory unlocked 3GS right now

Thanks

once the unlock is tested i'm sure they will release the jailbreak...

This is just a great news to hear, those guys are taking their time, but at the end of the day we all know that they ganna come out with something just awesome.

Thanks for all the great work @planbeing @comex, and @musclenerd
    You don't have to say it, Just click "Thanks".
    http://twitter.com/Duetschpire

the force is strong with that one.

iphone dev team - real life jedi masters.

really helpful info , thanks for sharing.

i really dont understand the cat and mouse game with apple. So what if they wait for 4.01 , apple can just release another bs update a week later aka 3.1.3 . Its a never ending cycle and nothing but a waste of time.

either way , awesome job by dev team , i look forward to it on my i4.

so how is this going to work for some that are getting issues with trying to update apps on the go? Every 1.5-2 weeks Ive had to log into itunes (and plug my I4 in) on my computer to get updates for apps. Is that Apple checking if the I4 is JB or unlocked?

Has anyone else had this issue?

Great job, I can't wait to get my hands on the new iphone 4.

Thanks

I'm gonna hold off on the iPhone 4 with all the bs that's been going on but this video still made me stupid effin hyped! This is awesome news! For everyone! And I bet ya Stevie has been losing sleep since seeing this! Good work planetbeing, musclenerd, comex, all the Dev-team, that without them we would have zero freedom on all our idevices!

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast