Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Bernstein Research Places iPhone 4 Recall Price Tag at $1.5 Billion

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Apple needed a dose of reality. They've lost their little guy in the big pond and consumer-first mentality in lieu of bigger and bigger profits.

I for one, hope their whole spin-machine team is fired and Apple returns to what it does best .... making some of the best products in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by goodgod2 View Post
    LOL love your analogy ! Some people just dont get it through their thick skull that this is Apple's problem and they have to fix it, not the consumer. But some of the people here( just buy a case and stop complaining), these kinds of people who excepts what ever life give them, will chose the first option and maybe the second.
    And then there some idiot just think that this is a problem and need to be fixed. I heard that if you bring your iPhone 4 to apple, they will take off the wrap around antenna and give you a 10foot long antenna instead! How's that for a fix?
    iPhone 4 32GB. Jailbroken!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,175 Times in 724 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Messany View Post
    Sacconaghi put the cost of a recall into perspective by estimating that it could run Apple some 3.5 percent of its total cash on hand.
    Yeah, OUR CASH, remember Apple?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ianbroste;
    3.5% isn't very much especially when you are considering that is just of CASH ON HAND!! .
    1.5 billion isn't alot of money because they have much more than that?! Seriously?

Please all of you, shut the hell up and let apple be apple.

You sucks wher all complaining when gizmodo leaked the friggin prototype, saying "it hideous!" and you buy it on day one!! Shut the hell up and man the eff up! Apple will do the right futhermucking thing. Did you forget your $100 rebate when apple lowered the price on first gen phone? They didnt have to do that and they did!

Maybe they are working the problem out, and it takes time to fix it! Whatever they do, im sure it will be good. And then you will be worshiping apple and riding mr jobs' cokk like you usually do!

Just be patient! End of conversation!!

Mods close this thread.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MIKE DUB For This Useful Post:

chris102192 (2010-07-14), gt5l (2010-07-14)

its apples own fault here! They have just played along with their 'fanboys'- very sad no life individuals who camp out to buy before its even reviewed properly. Also apple alienating does not help and you only have one iphone to choose from, whereas there are lots of alternatives/competitions for Android. Apple needed rescuing a few years back and i think its that time again approaching. Business 101 loose confidence in your product you loose your customers and they remain cautious in future. Especially as the only way to make iStuff useful is to jailbreak so products never right from the start. Their public affairs people need firing for their poor approach and handling of this fiasco. I have an ipod and hold it in the bottom left corner a lot so i won't even think about an iphone4.
    Last edited by jius; 2010-07-14 at 10:08 AM. Reason: spelling error

I think you have to think about the issue from a different angle. I know I wouldn't give my phone back, it's not perfect, buy neither is anything in this life. So, apple could offer two alternatives. One, send the phone back for a full refund, I think only 10-15% of current owner would take apple up on this offer. Two, accept an early upgrade and a reduced puce offer when the next iphone comes out. Early upgrade meaning you don't have to wait till you qualify for an upgrade by AT&T, and reduced price, more like $100 off the lowest price. Just my 1 cents.

How about apple makes plastic SIM trays than tells everyone that if they bring it to an Apple Store they'll replace it

All the more reason all i4's should have a bumper included. I mean it's a POS case IMO but if it'll quite the natives then do it already

Thanks

Yeah I wonder why no one mentions the sensor issue. Maybe because people are using a hands free or Bluetooth headset.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I'm having NO problems whatsoever with my iPhone4 but Apple needs to come clean with this to satisfy the very minute amount of people that are convinced after seeing these reports that the problem(s) they are having is keeping them from using and enjoying their new phone. How many of you that are supposedly having this problem realized this before all of the hoopla over this came into the open? I doubt many. This whole fiasco is a joke, and an attempt to ruin Apples image because they have managed to become successful where others could not.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Eagleye's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TheOnlyest View Post
    I know greed kills... but hopefully and FINALLY, arrogance will kill Steve Jobs and crApple!!!
    Yeah and then when Steve Jobs and crApple die you can get a window's mobile phone! WTF? Why would you want Apple to be killed off?

I love my iPhone4!!! I don’t have serious signal issues. No more than my 3G.Yes I can make the signal drop one or two bars if I hold the bottom left but it has never affected my use at all. The one thing that is getting to me is the proximity sensor. That is the real problem right now. I think they should be able to increase the sensitivity in an update and that would fix it. But all in all this is my favorite iPhone. I did skip the 3Gs so this upgrade was a drastic change in speed for me and I love it. If there was a recall I don’t even know if I would give it back until apple was going to hand me a new iPhone4.1. Also, about people who do have serious signal issues… all I can say is that sux for you and return it. Furthermore I think you should not buy the iPhone5 because of this traumatic experience you have had. That way there won’t be long lines for me.

Thanks

I guess I'm lucky, I haven't had any problems with my iPhone 4.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Some crack me up. On one hand there are those telling people with a problematic phone to go buy a case and stfu. Some others disprove claims by inferring they don't have an issue so it probably doesn't exist. Some go as far to acknowledge sure there may be an issue/defect but they're willing to live with.
    To all of the above let me know when you are in a market for a new car, please.
    Paint scratched? So sorry you can buy some paint and repair it.
    Rim is dented. Yeah we had a little incident but the car still rides nice at speeds below 50.
    Air conditioner doesn't work. Well geez you can open the windows if need be.

Thanks

I never said the issue doesn't exist, I only said I'm not having any problems with mine

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SoCal Railroader View Post
    I never said the issue doesn't exist, I only said I'm not having any problems with mine
    I guess you fall outside of the some or the other groups :-)

Thanks

I'm in the "Misc." Group

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SoCal Railroader View Post
    I'm in the "Misc." Group
    That's a great place to be as that group is usually overlooked

Sorry if this has been posted but it looks like some of us might be in luck if you need to get your phone replaced.

Reports of possible silent recall.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast