Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Bernstein Research Places iPhone 4 Recall Price Tag at $1.5 Billion

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sal_osx View Post
    I honestly think that this is being blown way out of proportion. There will always be people who find something to complain about.
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by zinjen View Post
    Not seeing anything on Comex's twitter about people "already seeing 4.0.1 in there iTunes"... link or copy/paste?

and Welcome!
    It was tweeted by Neva Lie, Comex responded (most recent Comex tweet). See Neva Lie (nevalie99) on Twitter for the tweet about 4.0.1.

If it is in fact available, I'm guessing that it's only showing available for certain phones. When I plug mine in and check for updates, it says I have the latest at 4.0. Obviously Apple wouldn't want everybody hitting their update servers at the same time.

Of course, consider the name as well - Neva Lie...
    Last edited by Rokesomesmeefer; 2010-07-14 at 02:48 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ianbroste View Post
    The point is you shouldn't HAVE to have a bumper. It should just work without the bumper. Like I said previously I'm not having any problems but I can definitely see where I would be frustrated if my iPhone 4 didn't work as advertised. Don't forget it was just a "kid" who was the first to ever unlock an iPhone.
    . yea you're right I agree. My feelings exactly are yea there shouldnt be any problems with the phone at all. If theres glitches then dont release the phone. Thats right a kid did JB the first iphone.

Also this person is saying the same thing... which is why i called apple to see if they would tell me the same thing
    http://modmyi.com/forums/general-iph...e-support.html

i think alot of people take it out of context. right now at my house ive always had shitty service with my 3g wether it was laying on my bed or in my hand. my i4 is laying on my bed and has 3 bars. more than i got with my 3g and when im out and about i get all bars. and they never drop. when im at my house and i hold it, the bars drop but i still get text messages and phone calls just fine. if i was to be out and about and lose signal then yeah id be pissed but for me its another day in the life. also with my 3g running ios4 the same reception issue happens. so im curious as to it might be a software issue.

My iPhone is a Part of Me zinjen's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MikeThomson View Post
    My apologies sir. Nice find!
    Don't forget to hit the thanks button if you liked what I said or did

Tape alone is not a cure. I still see signal loss even with a bumber.

My iPhone is a Part of Me kuhndsn's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kuhndsn View Post
    Just chatted with a buddy in San Fran that works for Apple corporate. He is not 100% for sure but he feels the 4.0.1 should hit iTunes w/in 24 hrs. Again don't hold this as gospel. But if it happens then what this could mean for us is..........Jailbreak soon after. YEA!!!
    So I don't get bombarded with quotes... He works on the server side of iTunes or their site not sure. But he stressed.. " I believe w/in 24 hrs". Ohh and I think his iPhone already has the update. He wouldn't say anything but his phone was of the few with no reception issues.

I love the iphone 4.. Id still buy it knowing the death grip. It is truely amazing regardless.. I have a bumper and my signal is great..

Thanks

I've read through this whole thread, and you, sir really got to me! Not intelligent! Who the hell are you! I haven't used a case on any of my idevices and no prob. Also i wasn't one of the intelligent many in line for the peice of crap that started this mess!
    Don't get me wrong, i was ready to get an I4, but figured i'd wait to see. Glad that I don't have to sit here and whine in everyone else's business though.
    Fact is though, case or no case is not a sign of intelligence, rather than a preference. Buying a very expensive and whining about it without taking it back may just be your sign.

Quote Originally Posted by Rokesomesmeefer View Post
    So, let's say Ford redesigns the interior of the Mustang, adding several stainless steel accents in places where there were none before. Let's say they decided to put two strips of shiny stainless steel running down the sides of the shifter knob separated by a strip of leather. Let's say you are the proud owner of the new Mustang. Suddenly, when you go to shift your shiny new Mustang out of Park, as soon as you grip the shifter the car stalls. So you try again, and again it stalls. After several hours of failed shifts, you decide to put on a glove before shifting, and the shifter moves out of Park without incident.

By now, you're fairly certain that something is not right, and it's obvious to you that it is related to the shifter. So you take it into your local Ford dealer, and they tell you that you are simply gripping the shifter wrong and that for $30 they'll sell you a plastic cover that allows you to shift without stalling the car while it hides the shiny stainless steel strips.

Do you...

A) buy the cover?
    B) inquire as to the right way to grip the shifter?
    C) return the car?
    D) complain?
    LOL love your analogy ! Some people just dont get it through their thick skull that this is Apple's problem and they have to fix it, not the consumer. But some of the people here( just buy a case and stop complaining), these kinds of people who excepts what ever life give them, will chose the first option and maybe the second.
    Last edited by goodgod2; 2010-07-14 at 03:24 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mmg View Post
    I seem to be part of a small minority who have no problems with the phone? Me and my wife have the new phone and neither of us have had a problem, touch wood! I still love it
    The same thing for my wife and I also. Both our iPhone 4's work perfectly with no reception issues whatsoever.

For everyone saying to just get a case it fixes the problem. I shouldn't have to buy something to make something else that I bought work.....

My iPhone is a Part of Me kuhndsn's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RossMc View Post
    I think they will fix it with the white iPhone.
    I concur... I see the side not being silver buy white...

Quote Originally Posted by skj8100 View Post
    The same thing for my wife and I also. Both our iPhone 4's work perfectly with no reception issues whatsoever.
    Hold the i4 in your left palm on the bottom left corner like you would while talking. Hold it for 1 minute. You will see the bars go down slowly. Then remove your palm from the corner and you'll have full bars.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Halten77's Avatar
    Thanks

This is hurtful and will probably give Steve Jobs A Stroke On The Spot If They Ever Decide To Recall.... Which They Probably Won't >_> This Is Horrible News For Apple. Cover System Here We Go!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Xtremeiphone View Post
    i agree everyone needs to stop complaining and just get a bumper, it protects your phone and keeps your bars up, what more could you want. I bet you all these childish complaints and comments are kids that camped out for days to get the iphone and now they are beyond frustrated.
    As I stated I do not have these problems with mine or my wifes. That being said MANY do have a problem and the solution for "all those people" is to NOT buy another apple product. You have got to be kidding me right? If you bought a brand new tv and the channel changed by itself while you were in the middle of watching something you wouldn't say the solution would be to just make sure you always have the remote in arms length is it? Or buy the new remote from the tv manufacturer that fixes the problem by automatically changing the channel back. No. You should NEVER have to buy another product to make a product that's supposed to be in perfect working order actually work right.

Quote Originally Posted by XFaega View Post
    Hold the i4 in your left palm on the bottom left corner like you would while talking. Hold it for 1 minute. You will see the bars go down slowly. Then remove your palm from the corner and you'll have full bars.
    NO IT DOES NOT. do you think I have not tried?
    Last edited by skj8100; 2010-07-14 at 03:29 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I'm loving my HTC desire , does everything and more any iphone can do. The bluetooth works perfectly,and so does the sat nav. android is just as good and easier to use than the apple OS,and you can do anything with the phone without turning it into a brick. Im so dissapointed with Apple,they are going to end up like toyota, Android is going from strenth to strenth,is this the beginning of the end of the Apple dream?

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

So Apple can't accept the fact that sometimes big companies hit a massive bump in the road and just have to grit their teeth and make it right. This is part of any business. 3.5%

I'm no business expert but is that amount detrimental to the survival of the company? Or is Apple really that cheap?

Seems to me like they should nut up and take their 3.5% loss and learn from it.

@skj8100
    It doesn't do it all the time. It all depends on how sweaty or dry your hand is. I tested it out and when my hands were sweaty the bars dropped all the way and when my hands were dry the bar dropped one.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast