Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Bernstein Research Places iPhone 4 Recall Price Tag at $1.5 Billion

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Xtremeiphone View Post
    i agree everyone needs to stop complaining and just get a bumper, it protects your phone and keeps your bars up, what more could you want. I bet you all these childish complaints and comments are kids that camped out for days to get the iphone and now they are beyond frustrated.
    The point is you shouldn't HAVE to have a bumper. It should just work without the bumper. Like I said previously I'm not having any problems but I can definitely see where I would be frustrated if my iPhone 4 didn't work as advertised. Don't forget it was just a "kid" who was the first to ever unlock an iPhone.
    Have they released the jailbreak in the app store yet?

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ianbroste For This Useful Post:

goodgod2 (2010-07-14), zinjen (2010-07-14)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kuhndsn View Post
    I also believe a lot of the haters don't even own a phone. Perhaps after summer break we won't see as many childish remarks. Lol
    WTF i know... for the last month every topic have been flooded with moronic and ignorant posts. i have also noticed alot of noob bashing for asking simple Q's.
    Quote Originally Posted by ??????
    Hi. Does anyone know is iBlacklist available in the app store? can it only be purchased outside the app store? If so, is it hard to install? Thanks everyone.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to ecd5000 For This Useful Post:

kuhndsn (2010-07-14)

My iPhone is a Part of Me zinjen's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dale1v View Post
    Sorry if people want to use the nice phone without the unwanted bulk or aesthetic restraints of a case. Seriously? You're correlating preference with intelligence and justifying a faulty device with an extra purchase? You don't see anything wrong there?

Hmmm yes I know. At the same time he is conducting his business in a manner that will maximise profit and increase the value of his shares, and in turn make him wealthier. So why did you bring up the oh-so-humble paychecks?
    Point in hand. My understanding is that when I bought iPhone 4 i was getting an upgrade from my 3G[S]. Not just with speed, UI & features but also aesthetics. I should NOT have to be forced to use a bumper as a solution (for those that appreciate the design of the iPhone 4 you understand where i'm coming from). Sure I will Ghost Armor it, but a case is not of interest.. even if it's a fix.

To recap: A free bumper from Apple will not appease a majority of iPhone users who spent their hard earned money for what they were shown at the Apple Keynote. It's like people who put bra's on a brand new Corvette.. really?
    Don't forget to hit the thanks button if you liked what I said or did

Thanks

Hopefully they release 4.0.1 soon to see if that fixes the issue. If not, then they should hurry up and think of something. This whole issue has been upsetting a lot of users, and I'm sure there's a lot of people waiting for a fix before they jump on the iPhone 4 bandwagon. I think Apple has let this issue drag on for long enough now.
    Please hit the Thanks Button if I've helped you out or if you agree with my post.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ecd5000 View Post
    i have also noticed alot of noob bashing for asking simple Q's.
    Could be people tired of seeing the same question asked 500 times when theres a perfectly good search function.

Now CNN is commenting on the Consumer Reports article. How long can apple hold out? lol
    http://m.cnn.com/primary/_1ktkCm-i03oKDos46

My iPhone is a Part of Me kuhndsn's Avatar
    Thanks

Just chatted with a buddy in San Fran that works for Apple corporate. He is not 100% for sure but he feels the 4.0.1 should hit iTunes w/in 24 hrs. Again don't hold this as gospel. But if it happens then what this could mean for us is..........Jailbreak soon after. YEA!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Xtremeiphone View Post
    i agree everyone needs to stop complaining and just get a bumper, it protects your phone and keeps your bars up, what more could you want. I bet you all these childish complaints and comments are kids that camped out for days to get the iphone and now they are beyond frustrated.
    So, let's say Ford redesigns the interior of the Mustang, adding several stainless steel accents in places where there were none before. Let's say they decided to put two strips of shiny stainless steel running down the sides of the shifter knob separated by a strip of leather. Let's say you are the proud owner of the new Mustang. Suddenly, when you go to shift your shiny new Mustang out of Park, as soon as you grip the shifter the car stalls. So you try again, and again it stalls. After several hours of failed shifts, you decide to put on a glove before shifting, and the shifter moves out of Park without incident.

By now, you're fairly certain that something is not right, and it's obvious to you that it is related to the shifter. So you take it into your local Ford dealer, and they tell you that you are simply gripping the shifter wrong and that for $30 they'll sell you a plastic cover that allows you to shift without stalling the car while it hides the shiny stainless steel strips.

Do you...

A) buy the cover?
    B) inquire as to the right way to grip the shifter?
    C) return the car?
    D) complain?

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Rokesomesmeefer For This Useful Post:

babyblue_pimp (2010-07-14), goodgod2 (2010-07-14), mortopher (2010-07-14), triniflavaforya (2010-07-14)

Quote Originally Posted by aidensocal View Post
    I hold my phone in the bottom left and nothing happens? No case on it and sometimes my signal bars actually go up when I hold it there? Maybe my phone is dysfunctional?
    More like dyslexic.

Quote Originally Posted by kuhndsn View Post
    Just chatted with a buddy in San Fran that works for Apple corporate. He is not 100% for sure but he feels the 4.0.1 should hit iTunes w/in 24 hrs. Again don't hold this as gospel. But if it happens then what this could mean for us is..........Jailbreak soon after. YEA!!!
    i spoke to apple tech support and they said it will be live everywhere within 24 hours... some people have already reported that its available on itunes.. but i havent seen it yet

iPhone? More like MyPhone DayumQuitPlayin's Avatar
    Thanks

Some of you guys are complete morons. Yes, buying a case can ease a lot of heartaches, but when you make a purchase, you're purchasing something that is supposed to work as advertised. To say "stop whining" is the equivalent of someone telling another that if you bought a pizza and it had mushrooms that you didn't order, to shut up and puck them out. Same difference. And just because someone can afford an iPhone doesn't mean they can afford a case. Nit everyone spend money loosely. This problem isn't blown out of proportion, it's stupid people like you who aren't experiencing these issues that feel that way. Tests, experts, and regular users have all proven the fact that the i4 is defected. Point blank. It is our right as consumers to get a proper working phone as advertised. And it is our right as consumers to complain if the device we purchase isn't working as advertised. So you morons who come in here telling everyone to quit whining can suck a big fat one.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DayumQuitPlayin For This Useful Post:

BennyPR (2010-07-14), goodgod2 (2010-07-14), MikeThomson (2010-07-14)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MikeThomson View Post
    i spoke to apple tech support and they said it will be live everywhere within 24 hours... some people have already reported that its available on itunes.. but i havent seen it yet
    Hate to say it but since your new here your credibility wears thin. I'll believe it when I see it on iTunes. My guess is Friday.

I must LOL I got my iPhone 4 late so did a few test in my area between home and work with 3G, I have one for sure dead spot with the 3G now with the 4G I just got I have three dead spots between work and yes watch how holding and if any thing hardly holding at all the 4G. While close to towers it works great with any grip. My point is the 3G worked fine so something needs a fix on 4G.

I did pull out my SIM and the metal holder is riding the SIM contact major!!! I look up what is normally applied there Left VCC/Center-Right GND as note two are connected in trace as I see the SIM holder touching all three on the one side, but logical thinking that when installed the contact pressure might be removing it alway from SIM holder so not grounding out so may not be an issues when installed I just don't know (or the VCC only used during SIM programming) so maybe not a problem.

Last edited by MBCMDR; 2010-07-14 at 03:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rokesomesmeefer View Post
    You don't "have to squeeze the phone like your intending to break it" to make it happen. For some people it is as simple as touching only the spot between the 2 antennas to duplicate the issue.

I think what many people fail to realize is that this is simple conductivity at play. Humans are very good conductors, and there are variables that can increase or decrease a human's conductivity, such as hygeine, diet, environment, etc... It is very possible, and likely, that two different people could each have a different effect when touching the phone in the same manner.
    I literally jus held my fingures over both antenna strips and my signal didn't decrease a bit, maybe I was lucky and got a good phone, I dunno, allonym saying is it isn't an issue for me.

I think people are mad at the fact "if you cant duck it, f**K it", or buy a case with a phone that SHOULD work with no problems, but either way, when you put into logic you should buy a case to protect your costly device, but sometimes when I'm home or playing a game, I dont want the case interfering with my game play.

The Iphone 4:
    - a phone that: Apple spent a year to make.
    - a phone that: Supposed to be the predecessor to the 3g and 3gs
    - a phone that: Supposed to have a better design, but requires duck tape lol.

The only thing I'm pissed off is: DID THE DESIGNERS AT LEAST TRY TO MAKE A CALL WITH THIS S**T BEFORE GIVING IT THE OK TO START MASS PRODUCTION? I MEAN ANYONE WORKING WITH THE PHONE COULD'VE SAID "HOUSTON, WE GOT A PROBLEM...WITH THE SIGNAL" LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by zinjen View Post
    Hate to say it but since your new here your credibility wears thin. I'll believe it when I see it on iTunes. My guess is Friday.
    well seeing as im new i guess i just wont ever bother letting people in on any news i might have come accross... people have been reporting on comex's twitter over 10 hours ago that its already on itunes.

ps ive been viewing theses forums for over a year, just because i choose not post often doesnt make me new

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MikeThomson View Post
    well seeing as im new i guess i just wont ever bother letting people in on any news i might have come accross... people have been reporting on comex's twitter over 10 hours ago that its already on itunes.

ps ive been viewing theses forums for over a year, just because i choose not post often doesnt make me new
    Not seeing anything on Comex's twitter about people "already seeing 4.0.1 in there iTunes"... link or copy/paste?

and Welcome!

Green Apple
    Thanks

I think they will fix it with the white iPhone.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Edit: Damn too slow

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast