Page 9 of 27 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: GeoHot Says GoodBye To The Community

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

oh the melodrama.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by spudman01 View Post
    ive gotta say i saw this comming. hes right though.. back when jailbreaking was an all day-week process, it was a more respected thing, and people were there to help out. now its just WHEN CAN I JAILBREAK MY IPHONE 3GS/IPHONE 4?!?!?!?!?! or I HATE ATT GIVE ME AN UNLOCK ALREADY!! its really sad, and i dont blame him for quiting
    Well said. I'm with u on that. People bashing him. He wasn't getting paid for his work. Just say thanks and keep it moving. Well done G

I for one, won't miss him a bit. Ever since blackra1n and blacksn0w he hasn't given us anything but bragging posts and his nasty attitude. And if you read his last post before closing down the blog he clearly stated that the picture of the jailbroken iPhone 4 was fake...just as I suspected.

But knowing the kind of attitude this immature kid has, he'll probably come back next week bragging about his "achievements" and releasing some jb tool...He won't stand not being the center of attention anymore.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to iTouch-Warrior For This Useful Post:

scottjl (2010-07-13)

Oh well, Enjoy your jailbroken iPhone 4 buddy.

meh

Quote Originally Posted by iTouch-Warrior View Post
    And if you read his last post before closing down the blog he clearly stated that the picture of the jailbroken iPhone 4 was fake...just as I suspected.
    He said 'for all you haters the photo is obviously fake'

For everyone else it was real.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

iPhone? More like MyPhone brotherbond007's Avatar
    Thanks

This is the main reason I never gave this guy a dime of my money. He continued to take peoples donations, in the hopes he'd release a jailbreak. He's always come off arrogant to me. And his, "ha ha see what I can do" post, no but wait, "don't ask me for it" supports my statements. Why show people that you can do it, hold out the Apple, expect not to be bugged about it, cash out your paypal and oh wait I quit, too much asking, too much pressure. GEO thanks for the programs, they at least help me when my iPhone froze on me. Besides that...go away. Seriously.

"I miss the days when jailbreaking and unlocking were difficult"

Uhh, apparently releasing a non tethered jb WAS too difficult lately. And we won't even discuss the problems that people had with his jb's. Don't let the door hit you on the way out Geo!! TTFN!

My iPhone is a Part of Me Halten77's Avatar
    Thanks

Well... Poor kid is right. With people all over his door and phone, when he was going shopping all of a sudden people crowd up to him and say: "Geohot is that you? Cool! RELEASE THE JAILBREAK ALREADY JESUS CHRIST! AND UPDATE BLACKSN0W ALREADY." haha. Poor Kid Couldn't Take It. Although It Sucks Having one less person I n the jailbreaking community. I never used any of Geohot's tools, my friends said blackra1n sucked and to stay away from it. I'm sure it wasn't that bad. I'll miss the kid. Maybe in can even replace him one day sssshhhh

I remember when he unlocked the first iPhone, oh how times have changed
    Name? whereswaldo
    iDevice + Firmware? 32GB Black iPhone 4 iOS 5.0
    Computer + OS? Dell Inspiron 15R 2nd Gen i5, 2.3 Ghz, 750GB HDD, 8GB RAM Windows 7 HP
    Location? Toronto
    Found yet? No

The most salient point is that while most certainy a technical prodigy, he has he emotional maturity of a teenager. I feel for the guy, but think he brought a lot of his issues on himself. If you want to be a press-hound, expect press - not all good. Glad the community persists, and won't miss the self-importance one bit.

Quote Originally Posted by 1hihum View Post
    While the guy has made some very awesome contributions, he has at times seemed to be a bit of an *** in my book. He posts tweets/videos/etc about how quickly he cracked the iphone, how easy it is to beat Apple, and how slow other hackers are with delivering jailbreaks, and then gets pissy when he is hounded for his easy jailbreak. If you don't want the constant harrasment, then don't post that ****! That being said, I'm sure I would probably be something of an *** too if I was continuously harassed about jailbreaking the iphone.

Over the coarse of the last couple of jailbreaks the community has become very aggressive about getting them. It's funny though that we don't see these emotional roller coasters from the Dev Team isn't it. They generally have the devoted support of the jailbreaking community. They popst pics/tweets/videos/etc without all of the side show crap, and hence, far less animosity from the community.

I do appreciate his work, and expect to see him back before long though. I don't think he can go too long before he needs the attention again. My bet is that he will sit out this jailbreak, but come bouncing back for the next one.

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    So your third contribution to this community is to hate on him while thanking him?
    No I'm not hating on him, I actually appreciate his contributions, however by my long observation of his posts and the contents of his posts it seems to me that he is just to full of himself. I would also like to congratulate myself on my 4th post! 

Banned
    Thanks

Well he's been a great help to the homebrew community and if he wants to leave then thats his choice. Good luck to him for whatever her does in the future.

He's also tweeted his replacement jailbreaker so no worries there as the iphone will always be jailbreaked with or without his help.

Quote Originally Posted by sergioakakobe View Post
    Good Riddance,

You Wont Be Missed!
    You are one of the reason he is leaving the jailbraking scene. Unappreciative POS.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Halten77's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by brotherbond007 View Post
    This is the main reason I never gave this guy a dime of my money. He continued to take peoples donations, in the hopes he'd release a jailbreak. He's always come off arrogant to me. And his, "ha ha see what I can do" post, no but wait, "don't ask me for it" supports my statements. Why show people that you can do it, hold out the Apple, expect not to be bugged about it, cash out your paypal and oh wait I quit, too much asking, too much pressure. GEO thanks for the programs, they at least help me when my iPhone froze on me. Besides that...go away. Seriously.
    Seriously I wanted to donate to the guy, and lots, so he can release it or find an exploit quickly and jailbreak the iDevice on the spot. But for what? To have him just collect my money and quit all of a sudden and use the money to buy luxury? Scew it

Quote Originally Posted by mbeezy81 View Post
    Oh well...we still have Musclenerd and Comex!!
    At least till you guys run them off.
    Last edited by isham.padron; 2010-07-13 at 02:21 PM.

I don't get what his issue is here.

He seems to not realize that he's NOT special unless he does something...special. When he released jailbreaks yes people noticed him. When he is just being a kid showing off his face and bragging but not actually contributing anything then of course he's gunna be pestered. That's how it goes man!

And did you REALLY think that no one would pester you for release dates and the easy way to do everything? This is an Apple community overall... you know how they want things. 1 click fixed. Sucks but it's the reality of it.

Wish I knew what "more challenging" things he's going after next.

I think apple offered him a lots of money to quit, and may be hire him to prevent other hackers to jailbreak... any ways some one else is going to have that honor to jailbreak iphone 4. :-)

Default Goodbye
    This community will greatly miss GeoHot. Like him or hate him, he contributed a lot. The people who come up with the ways to jailbreak and unlock are kind enough to share their goodies. We all need to just sit back and let them work their magic and thank them when it comes. STOP asking and demanding a jailbreak and be happy when it comes.

Thank you to all the Devs that make jailbreaking possible. I could not do it on my own. For now I will sit back and wait and enjoy all the bad press that Apple is getting.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to twalker3rd For This Useful Post:

loknesss (2010-07-14)

I long for the day when Apple puts the entire "community" out of business by simply selling unlocked, jailbroken iPhones.

Page 9 of 27 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast