Page 7 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: GeoHot Says GoodBye To The Community

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

dammit... well does anybody have a one click jailbreak.. i ****** up my power button on my 3g running i0s4

Thanks

Sure Apple must have offered him a deal which he could not refuse, besides having his stature in the current iPhone community he sure must have got plenty of lucrative offers from companies.

Besides this is a community where new talent will keep rising for e.g. hashim sherif. We can expect newer solutions from newer people as times goes by.

GeoHot's contributions will always be remembered and mark my words, some day he will come back.

iPhone? More like MyPhone dazzer1983's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iBlkCeaser View Post
    dammit... well does anybody have a one click jailbreak.. i ****** up my power button on my 3g running i0s4
    Sucks to be you. No jailbreak unless you have been previously jailbroken and have your blobs saved. Soon thou.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to dazzer1983 For This Useful Post:

Phantom21 (2010-07-31)

A village has lost its idiot.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cory View Post
    I remember jailbreaking the first iphone... put into recovery mode, hold sleep button for 10 sec, go to emergency call, dial ________, backdoor into browser, go to here ________ download link, restart phone, hold home button for 15 sec....... Thats when it was more of a challenge to get into the phone and he is right. When it was like that all the people who just "wanted" one didn't bother. People had respect for what went into it. doesn't he doesn't owe you
    You took it back. I almost forgot about that jailbreak. Not to mention, he's the one who named it jailbreak and was the 1st to do so. I bet Apple is probably happy he's gone because he's been a pain in their @$$ for a long time. Farewell Geo, regardless of what these whiny and ungrateful b!...s say, you and your work will be missed. Thanks for everything.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Don't blame him really with all the peeps giving him s**t. He don't owe anybody anything.

Tomorrow, there will be a link to Limera1n on his website with a big banner "GOT CHA"
    Do ya think so

iPhone? More like MyPhone s4mb4's Avatar
    Thanks

another sign of GeoHot's narcissism. he has to tweet and blog about leaving the scene??? what a tool. if you want to leave, just leave.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Even though all you haters talk $*** about him, I'm sure that each and everyone of you will miss him. I'm sure that most of the people that had said something bad about him are the ones demanding the jailbreaks.

Quote Originally Posted by homelessz View Post
    Tomorrow, there will be a link to Limera1n on his website with a big banner "GOT CHA"
    Do ya think so
    That'd work if he had a jailbreak....

Quote Originally Posted by sergioakakobe View Post
    Good Riddance,

You Wont Be Missed!
    This is true, he needs to get off his high horse! Any ways thanks 4 blackrain!

Haha, this guy is such a female - go sit in a corner by yourself.

So your third contribution to this community is to hate on him while thanking him?
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Livin the iPhone Life iNT3Rv3NTiONZz's Avatar
    Thanks

rest in peace King Hotz

iPhone4 16gb black - 4.1 Limera1ned
    iPhone 3G 16gb white - 3.1.2 jailbroken
    Blackra1ned
    THANKYOU ONCE AGAIN GEOHOT!

Quote Originally Posted by s4mb4 View Post
    another sign of GeoHot's narcissism. he has to tweet and blog about leaving the scene??? what a tool. if you want to leave, just leave.
    I guess he just wants people to quit bitchin' him about new developments.

In a way, I feel bad for Geo, because it seems like people were constantly barging him with questions about when he'd release this or that. But he was definitely egotistical in the sense that he'd always have to talk, even before he had actually made any progress. To me it always sounded that he wanted to be first, every time he'd post about hacking something new he made it sound like "Psh, so I had some freetime today and I was bored, so I hacked this."

You know, it makes me wonder how many people actually are behind the scene doing things for not only the iPhone, but other electronics and never release it to the public or truly comment on it. There has to definitely be a few of those people at least.

Anyways, can't say I'm all sad to hear this. I thank him for doing what he did but I couldn't really care if he was in-game for more iPhone action or not.

Sure he made his mark, but guess his nerdy popularity will fade soon. (I'm sure many people that followed him first of all, where the ones who infact still need some kind of jailbreak.) They will all just go ahead and munch on the next hacker that saves the day.
    iPhone 32GB 3GS - iOS 4.2.1 - BB: 5.11.07
    iPhone 16GB 3G - 3.1.3 - BB: 4.28.08

Quote Originally Posted by dykzebr View Post
    I didnt think of this earlier, but I bet Steve Jobs is having a f***ing field day right now, getting what he wanted because the ungrateful newbs had to nag and nag and nag...

I never really used tools from him (always only used tools directly from the Dev-Team), so not too worried as the Dev-Team lives on.

That said, the chap did what he did, and it worked for those that used it, plus he gave it out for free...as such (including all the time and effort he put into it), I believe he should really be appreciated for ALL his efforts and contribution instead of the ingratitude he is receiving!

On another note, I think Steve Jobs and his cohorts should be worried (when jailbreakers start leaving the scene) because without JB, a good majority of us WILL NOT touch the iPhone. The more jailbreakers that leave the JB scene, the less appealing the iPhone with it's closed garden policy would become!
    Android may just win over many converts.

Thanks

You will be missed as MJ ....

Wasn't he in Germany the other week talking about hacks? Long way to travel for someone who is allegedly losing the love for the jb community.

Quote Originally Posted by iLaw-One View Post
    I never really used tools from him (always only used tools directly from the Dev-Team), so not too worried as the Dev-Team lives on.

That said, the chap did what he did, and it worked for those that used it, plus he gave it out for free...as such (including all the time and effort he put into it), I believe he should really be appreciated for ALL his efforts and contribution instead of the ingratitude he is receiving!

On another note, I think Steve Jobs and his cohorts should be worried (when jailbreakers start leaving the scene) because without JB, a good majority of us WILL NOT touch the iPhone. The more jailbreakers that leave the JB scene, the less appealing the iPhone with it's closed garden policy would become!
    Android may just win over many converts.
    Well said friend,

When I bought the first iPhone I bought it for innovation, I can't say I really bought the 3G and 3GS just for that anymore. 3G I got because I liked the new sleeker design (which I still prefer over the i4)

3GS I got for the faster processor speed, and because I'm obviously really familiar with the phone now. But if it wasn't because of the jailbreaking community, I would have already moved on.

The iPhone is selling because of how large the Cydia and jb'ing has become. It wasn't that noticeable on the 2G but now? Heck, even friends that I know that aren't too techy know about jailbreaking. (Hey it's all over Craigslist )

People who are ungrateful always think they will have a deep dish served for them, i think it's one reason why Geo quit in the first place. Even though he released all of this for free, I really do wonder how much support by donations, and job opportunities he got thanks to this.
    iPhone 32GB 3GS - iOS 4.2.1 - BB: 5.11.07
    iPhone 16GB 3G - 3.1.3 - BB: 4.28.08

He hacked the PS3. He will get untold job offers, especially if he's about to finish college/uni/whatever. Probably wants to clean up his act, or be seen to do so.

Page 7 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast