Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: GeoHot Says GoodBye To The Community

How Geohot went out should not effect how we remember him. It was HE who first ever unlocked an iPhone. It was he who crushed all others out of the water in the business of jailbreaking, even after he lost all his interest in it;
    It is the fault of all those who treated him negatively on his OWN blog that he is done. Thanks to your impatience, the next jailbreaks and unlocks won't be one-click-opperations.

Quote Originally Posted by scatman10 View Post
    Sounds to me like you haven't ever offered anything to someone that you don't owe them. Only to see them expect more and more. No contribution in any way shape or form.
    I have been in that situation. And guess what? I moved on.

That's life.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by skaterbasist View Post
    Because your 95 posts makes you... what?

What does post count have anything to do with this? Amazing reasoning.
    Normally people wait a little bit to show their *** in public, but you... You just charged right in huh?

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cory For This Useful Post:

mortopher (2010-07-13), WCR46 (2010-07-13)

Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jay316 View Post
    It's not that big a deal, he was just 1 guy and can be replaced. Don't get me wrong, blackrain was cool but there have always been other tools to do the same job, Spirit, ZiPhone, redsnow,pwnage so there will be more
    Yeah, he was a bit above the typical hacker in the iphone scene. Try some research before commenting on things you don't know.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mortopher For This Useful Post:

Jesposo (2010-07-13), WCR46 (2010-07-13), yentrog31 (2010-07-13)

Quote Originally Posted by cory View Post
    Normally people wait a little bit to show their *** in public, but you... You just charged right in huh?
    Yep.

Quote Originally Posted by inyuke View Post
    im sure someone who has worked with GEO will release something or help the dev-team/spirit

Fingers crossed :
    p0sixninja has the exploit too, so maybe he'll release.

Twitter / Joshua Hill: @geohot yay!!! does this m ...

I'm kinda trusting on Comex on this one, though.

I'm a Zend Certified Engineer.
    Follow me on twitter!

It's a shame a good hacker leaves....but his attitude was always wrong regardless of his talents, as much as i credit him, seems he just loved the fame....fair play to the guy though

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Because your 95 posts makes you... what?

What does post count have anything to do with this? Amazing reasoning.
    Skaterbasist no one expects your respect for you too are a troll. Those 3 mighty posts of yours make you even more of a useless ignorant mook.

look at all these ungrateful ******* trolls.
    A few months ago you were going up and down on his nutsaq ad now that he got sick of your pathetic freebie wanting whinny asses you will bad mouth him?
    I bet every single troll tht went off on him is lolmad for not having any jailbreaking to sell on craigs anymore.

******* cuntfarts go die in a fire

Quote Originally Posted by scatman10 View Post
    Skaterbasist no one expects your respect for you too are a troll. Those 3 mighty posts of yours make you even more of a useless ignorant mook.
    I am a troll because... I reserve the right to have my own opinion? You do realize that this is a forum right?

I guess anyone who doesn't agree or side with you is a troll.

Thanks

Thank You, Geohot.
    You Rock!!
    Whatever you plan, good luck in future endeavors.
    Without you a lot of us wouldn't have enjoyed our Iphones especially in the early days.
    sail fast / live slow
    fly high / ride low

....but look at how people are starting to treat these developers. Sadly enough all the idiots who were demanding to him are just going to shift to another dev to bother and annoy. How long do you think it will go on before they all say "screw you, do it yourself!"
    There really is a fun and challenging "can you beat Apple's engineers" aspect to jailbreak and unlock development, and it existed before the prevalence of twitter and blogs and such. So I wouldn't worry so much about that

15. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to MuscleNerd For This Useful Post:

confucious (2010-07-13), femibrim (2010-07-13), goodgod2 (2010-07-13), Jesposo (2010-07-13), katmeef (2010-07-13), mortopher (2010-07-13)

Thanks

I am a troll because... I reserve the right to have my own opinion? You do realize that this is a forum right?

He is calling you a troll because you seam ungrateful to a mind that is much smarter then yours (and mine for that matter). Show some respect for what he has done before the days of click and done jailbreaking. Try to find instructions on how to jailbreak 1.1.2. that is why everyone is sticking up for him and calling you a troll.

iPhone? More like MyPhone back9player's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 1hihum View Post
    Over the coarse of the last couple of jailbreaks the community has become very aggressive about getting them. It's funny though that we don't see these emotional roller coasters from the Dev Team isn't it. They generally have the devoted support of the jailbreaking community. They popst pics/tweets/videos/etc without all of the side show crap, and hence, far less animosity from the community.
    Exactly...

Don't think the dude is a genius but I do think he was smart enough to want to quit and maybe go on to bigger and better things...

If I were him, I would post up my latest jailbreak and purposely annoy people and get the exact reaction I anticipated. Then I would turn it around and use it as an excuse to quit so I get no heat or slack about it. Woe-is-me... You're all so mean and entitled! I can't stand it!

Just leave Britney alone!!!! Wait... Nevermind.

Get off the kids nuts already..

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MuscleNerd View Post
    There really is a fun and challenging "can you beat Apple's engineers" aspect to jailbreak and unlock development, and it existed before the prevalence of twitter and blogs and such. So I wouldn't worry so much about that
    It's nice to hear that the original spirit of jailbreaking is still there. My hat goes off to you and the entire dev team! keep up the good fight!

oh and if it means anything, I'm sorry you have to deal with idiots who just want to bug you for a JB.

iPhone? More like MyPhone katmeef's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sami4021 View Post
    Wow its all you faggots fault haha. Couldnt be patient? Atleast we have others to work on this stuff. And geohot should release the jailbreak as a goodbye present haha
    really? you gotta blame it on the gays?
    where are the mods?

He is calling you a troll because you seam ungrateful to a mind that is much smarter then yours (and mine for that matter). Show some respect for what he has done before the days of click and done jailbreaking. Try to find instructions on how to jailbreak 1.1.2. that is why everyone is sticking up for him and calling you a troll.
    Post #72. I said his work has been appreciated. Do you want me to bow down?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

You choose your opinion. And you chose to come into these forums ragging on someone in a troll like manner. Your opinion holds no water unless you make a valid point. Therefore just because your opinion goes against mine doesn't make you a troll. Before inwaste any more of my time on you welcome to the forums troll. There are many many more just like you. I'm sure you'll find your niche
    Under the bridge.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to scatman10 For This Useful Post:

WCR46 (2010-07-13)

Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast