Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: GeoHot Says GoodBye To The Community

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iwindoezy View Post
    It was good having you on the scene, but with the attitude you have, there must be more to it. Perhaps your not up to the standard and ability of others on the jb and unlock scene. I dont know, but if your out there offering people solutions for their iphones etc, then dont f---ing have a go at people asking for more. . . . you strung them along. Your not the be all and end all....thats for Steve Jobs
    Are you that hard up for a jailbreak? I'm looking forward to it, but come on! Strung along? you make it sound like its a relationship. Its a phone! A really kick ***, top of the line phone, but still just a phone. Do you think at his age he was ready for half the world hounding him for something and calling him god knows what? I would have given all the idiots a "special" jailbreak that would fry their hardware. what are they going to do, sue him?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by gafu View Post
    Peace out Geo.....now he can make the next Harry Potter movie in peace
    Lmao that's hilarious. I just realized that.

iPhone? More like MyPhone dykzebr's Avatar
    Thanks

I didnt think of this earlier, but I bet Steve Jobs is having a f***ing field day right now, getting what he wanted because the ungrateful newbs had to nag and nag and nag...

He needs to get on with his life, hes still a kid, for Christs sake
    Extremly Happy Verizon iPhone User...

iPhone 4 32gb CDMA JailBROKE!

Quote Originally Posted by iwindoezy View Post
    It was good having you on the scene, but with the attitude you have, there must be more to it. Perhaps your not up to the standard and ability of others on the jb and unlock scene. I dont know, but if your out there offering people solutions for their iphones etc, then dont f---ing have a go at people asking for more. . . . you strung them along. Your not the be all and end all....thats for Steve Jobs
    dude, be grateful.. have u even contributed anything???? NO!!! so be quiet1!

Quote Originally Posted by dykzebr View Post
    I didnt think of this earlier, but I bet Steve Jobs is having a f***ing field day right now, getting what he wanted because the ungrateful newbs had to nag and nag and nag...

He needs to get on with his life, hes still a kid, for Christs sake
    true
    Last edited by inyuke; 2010-07-13 at 10:10 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Failure is not an option - iNyuke Dont be afraid to press the Thanks button! >>>>>>>>>>

5. The Following User Says Thank You to inyuke For This Useful Post:

Salival (2010-07-13)

Can't belive =( alredy missing.. I hope he'll be back.. No more twitter, no more blog, nothing from him.. Too bad..

im sure someone who has worked with GEO will release something or help the dev-team/spirit

Fingers crossed
    Failure is not an option - iNyuke Dont be afraid to press the Thanks button! >>>>>>>>>>

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by goodluck4287 View Post
    Honestly I remember the first jailbreak and unlock. I bet most of you don't. Actually had to use the command line and install ssh yourself. But I don't remember the details. Those were fun times, and nerve-racking (please don't brick!) ones at that. I can see why he doesn't appreciate his audience.
    That is the problem... Tools like Blackra1n for 3.x and Ziphone (I think it was called)for 2.x made life easy for users who werent technically savvy.

Anybody can connect their iphone to the usb and run a program and press a button. BEH!

Before you needed to manually install SSH, you had to manualy put the phone in DFU mode or Recovery mode etc.. etc..

Does nobody remember firmware 1.1.2 and 1.1.3 etc.. etc..?

My point is....: WHEN everything becomes easy, you get all the a**hole idiots with no brains jailbreaking and then upgrading and realizing they are f**ked and then they start complaining "when is the JB coming out?" etc.. etc..

I am on 4.0 and without jailbreak (Newer bootrom 3GS).. So? I either wait or else i downgrade back to 3.1.3 (Yes i can because i backed up my SHSH's) and jailbreak that.

Its like when PC's and computers became easily accessable to everyone, thats when stupid idiots became computer users.

GeoHot, i wish you good luck and would like to thank you for all your contribution (for free) towards the iPhone Jailbreak and unlock scene. Great job.
    iPhone 5 (iOS 7 JB) - Macbook PRO 13.3 10.9 - Core2Quad Windows 7

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dougal22 For This Useful Post:

cory (2010-07-13), Remember God (2010-07-13)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

As much as I hate to say this I wish the dev team and anyone out there contributing would stop developing jailbreaks. Only to teach all of those ungrateful asshats a lesson. They don't owe us a single thing. They never will. I wonder if maybe then geohot and the dev team would be universally appreciated by everyone who owes their awesome jailbreak ability to them.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to scatman10 For This Useful Post:

cory (2010-07-13), Krazyc6 (2010-07-13)

Does this mean Geo will finally get the ps3 hacked now too for us
    i think not
    thanks Geo Bye

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pcpaul View Post
    Does this mean Geo will finally get the ps3 hacked now too for us
    i think not
    thanks Geo Bye
    Did you have to get one last request in?

Quote Originally Posted by dougal22 View Post
    That is the problem... Tools like Blackra1n for 3.x and Ziphone (I think it was called)for 2.x made life easy for users who werent technically savvy.

Anybody can connect their iphone to the usb and run a program and press a button. BEH!

Before you needed to manually install SSH, you had to manualy put the phone in DFU mode or Recovery mode etc.. etc..

Does nobody remember firmware 1.1.2 and 1.1.3 etc.. etc..?

My point is....: WHEN everything becomes easy, you get all the a**hole idiots with no brains jailbreaking and then upgrading and realizing they are f**ked and then they start complaining "when is the JB coming out?" etc.. etc..

I am on 4.0 and without jailbreak (Newer bootrom 3GS).. So? I either wait or else i downgrade back to 3.1.3 (Yes i can because i backed up my SHSH's) and jailbreak that.

Its like when PC's and computers became easily accessable to everyone, thats when stupid idiots became computer users.

GeoHot, i wish you good luck and would like to thank you for all your contribution (for free) towards the iPhone Jailbreak and unlock scene. Great job.
    very true!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Although his work is appreciated, there are countless others who will step up to the plate and deliver.

If you don't do your work with grace, then its time for you to move on.
    Last edited by skaterbasist; 2010-07-13 at 10:24 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by skaterbasist View Post
    He needs some attitude adjustments. He has that typical adolescent "I rule my own world" type of arrogance to him.

Although his work is appreciated, there are countless others who will step up to the plate and deliver.

Next...
    Wow. A total of two posts and I'm convinced... your an a**.

confusious.. how many people posted on the other thread to close it down?? and yet they didnt... they should have closed it down....

I don't care a feck about the "politics" that some people are clearly showing here, this community owe a huge amount to George. Bye George

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by skaterbasist View Post
    He needs some attitude adjustments. He has that typical adolescent "I rule my own world" type of arrogance to him.

Next...
    Sounds to me like you haven't ever offered anything to someone that you don't owe them. Only to see them expect more and more. No contribution in any way shape or form.

iPhone? More like MyPhone PSYC0TIC ONE's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 1hihum View Post
    While the guy has made some very awesome contributions, he has at times seemed to be a bit of an *** in my book. He posts tweets/videos/etc about how quickly he cracked the iphone, how easy it is to beat Apple, and how slow other hackers are with delivering jailbreaks, and then gets pissy when he is hounded for his easy jailbreak. If you don't want the constant harrasment, then don't post that ****! That being said, I'm sure I would probably be something of an *** too if I was continuously harassed about jailbreaking the iphone.

Over the coarse of the last couple of jailbreaks the community has become very aggressive about getting them. It's funny though that we don't see these emotional roller coasters from the Dev Team isn't it. They generally have the devoted support of the jailbreaking community. They popst pics/tweets/videos/etc without all of the side show crap, and hence, far less animosity from the community.

I do appreciate his work, and expect to see him back before long though. I don't think he can go too long before he needs the attention again. My bet is that he will sit out this jailbreak, but come bouncing back for the next one.
    NAIL..... ON..... HEAD!!!!!!
    I really couldn't have said it better myself... I am definitely grateful for all he's done, when I think of the word "code" I think of an ATM pin, this kid sees the matrix, we all should be grateful!!!

HOWEVER, posting pics of his supposed jailbroken iPhone 4, and in the same post saying don't expect a release from me? Did he really not expect the outlash he received? And if that photo was a fake, that's almost worse, the word tease comes to mind... As does teenager... He is a brilliant guy, with one hell of a talent that will be missed but, grow up already... Seriously, find a cache of his old blog posts and u will see what I'm talking about...

Good luck in your future George but, don't crawl into a lions den with a beef necklace and not expect to be mauled...

21. The Following User Says Thank You to PSYC0TIC ONE For This Useful Post:

1hihum (2010-07-14)

Who can blame the guy for shutting up shop ?

He's done well to carry on this far with so many arrogant, ungrateful, greedy, selfish, myopic imbeciles hassling him as though they're ENTITLED to HIS work!

Unbelievable.

Too many spoilt brats throwing their dummies out of the pram, over-indulged by weak parents and turned into selfish, self-obsessed little princes without nous sufficient even to see far enough ahead to realise the likely effects of their hateful trucculence.

As ever, the morons spoiling it for every one else.
    Guess it goes to show that as ever, the idiotic minority spoils it for the reasonable majority.

The net is a great thing - but unfortunately, people engage in behaviour they'd never dream of indulging in the real world.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to iPhoneThereforeIAm For This Useful Post:

WCR46 (2010-07-13)

Quote Originally Posted by cory View Post
    Wow. A total of two posts and I'm convinced... your an a**.
    Because your 95 posts makes you... what?

What does post count have anything to do with this? Amazing reasoning.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dougal22 View Post
    This must be the point in time where the help desk started asking "Is your computer plugged in?"

Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast