Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1624252627 LastLast
Results 501 to 520 of 525

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: GeoHot Says GoodBye To The Community

  1. #501
    My iPhone is a Part of Me politicalslug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Woodland Hills, CA + Santa Cruz, CA
    Posts
    653
    Thanks
    13
    Thanked 128 Times in 87 Posts

    This cock smoker has been offered sports cars and tons of money for what takes him very little time. What a little *****. Go F### yourself Geohot. Good Riddance. In case you aren't aware, Narcissus died because he stared at his reflection so long he forget to nourish himself. Stop loving yourself so much, no one else does.

  2. #502
    So many nasty people.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to confucious For This Useful Post:

    1hihum (2010-07-14)

  4. #503
    Theme Creator
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    In a state of confusion
    Posts
    1,170
    Thanks
    519
    Thanked 648 Times in 427 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by igarys View Post
    What's wrong with him liking ****?
    Now that's funny right there, I don't care who you are!

    Wow, one thing is for sure...the guy has proven to be a lightning rod in the jailbreak community! after skimming through almost 40 pages of comments I am somewhat surprised, and a bit saddened to see just how immature our community has become. Ironically, many of the people bashing him for his lack of maturity are quickly proving to have a lack of it themselves.

    Please people, try to show some level of maturity. You don't need 100 posts to make sense any more than having 1000 posts makes you a know it all. I am quite surprised too that this thread hasn't been closed already. With the level of flaming going on, I would have thought it would have been hammered shut.

    As I said earlier, like him or not, he has done a great deal for the jailbreak community, and we should be grateful for that, I know I am. I have indeed used Blackrain (I refuse to replace the i with a 1...I hate that crap), and it was indeed the easiest jailbreak that I have ever used. I am not the "techie" type, so I very much appreciated the one click trick! He helped open the jailbreak door to thousands of people who may not have otherwise attempted it...and maybe that was a bad thing, maybe not. He was on our side though, and at least for now, he is not.

    I would hope though, that during his break, he decides to return to the iphone community, and learns to be a bit more mature as well. I don't hate the guy, I just dislike the way he approaches the community is all. He brings a good part of the heat he is getting on himself, whether he intends to or not. As I said before, you just don't see any lack of respect for the Dev Team here, or anywhere in the jailbreak community for that matter. Why, because in part at least because of the way they approach the community. Think about it, the Dev Team has already got a jailbreak for the ip4, and an unlock, but do you really see countless threads bashing them for not releasing it NOW NOW NOW? No. Why, because they are not out there saying, yeah it was a piece of cake. I opened the box and hacked in like fifteen minutes, but I don't feel like giving it to you. I respect his abilities, but there is no need for that. He could have simply kept his mouth shut about knocking it out the day he got it, or just said that he could verify that it can still be done. He had to know that he was going to get inundated with requests from impatient users, and flamed by idiots. He should have considered that before posting if he didn't want that kind of response. That just shows the lack of maturity to which I'm speaking.

    That being said, it is certainly something that I can live with. It is not good for any one of us to lose a very talented hacker...period. He may not be missed, but his talents will be.

    Now for the love of God, let's let this die.
    Last edited by Cer0; 2010-07-14 at 12:12 PM. Reason: Edited Quote of removed post

  5. #504
    Formerly Known As rpgpromaster EddieLeonard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,824
    Thanks
    489
    Thanked 676 Times in 362 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by 1hihum View Post
    Now that's funny right there, I don't care who you are!

    Wow, one thing is for sure...the guy has proven to be a lightning rod in the jailbreak community! after skimming through almost 40 pages of comments I am somewhat surprised, and a bit saddened to see just how immature our community has become. Ironically, many of the people bashing him for his lack of maturity are quickly proving to have a lack of it themselves.

    Please people, try to show some level of maturity. You don't need 100 posts to make sense any more than having 1000 posts makes you a know it all. I am quite surprised too that this thread hasn't been closed already. With the level of flaming going on, I would have thought it would have been hammered shut.

    As I said earlier, like him or not, he has done a great deal for the jailbreak community, and we should be grateful for that, I know I am. I have indeed used Blackrain (I refuse to replace the i with a 1...I hate that crap), and it was indeed the easiest jailbreak that I have ever used. I am not the "techie" type, so I very much appreciated the one click trick! He helped open the jailbreak door to thousands of people who may not have otherwise attempted it...and maybe that was a bad thing, maybe not. He was on our side though, and at least for now, he is not.

    I would hope though, that during his break, he decides to return to the iphone community, and learns to be a bit more mature as well. I don't hate the guy, I just dislike the way he approaches the community is all. He brings a good part of the heat he is getting on himself, whether he intends to or not. As I said before, you just don't see any lack of respect for the Dev Team here, or anywhere in the jailbreak community for that matter. Why, because in part at least because of the way they approach the community. Think about it, the Dev Team has already got a jailbreak for the ip4, and an unlock, but do you really see countless threads bashing them for not releasing it NOW NOW NOW? No. Why, because they are not out there saying, yeah it was a piece of cake. I opened the box and hacked in like fifteen minutes, but I don't feel like giving it to you. I respect his abilities, but there is no need for that. He could have simply kept his mouth shut about knocking it out the day he got it, or just said that he could verify that it can still be done. He had to know that he was going to get inundated with requests from impatient users, and flamed by idiots. He should have considered that before posting if he didn't want that kind of response. That just shows the lack of maturity to which I'm speaking.

    That being said, it is certainly something that I can live with. It is not good for any one of us to lose a very talented hacker...period. He may not be missed, but his talents will be.

    Now for the love of God, let's let this die.
    I got bored on the 2nd paragraph but the end line sums it all up I think
    and I agree with you 100%
    Follow me on Twitter: EddieLeonard - - - - - - - -If i have helped in anyway at all, Please click the "Thanks!" button
    Stalk me on FaceBook: Eddie Leonard

  6. #505
    Quote Originally Posted by grav View Post
    I don't feel obligated to thank him. I personally never used his methods, probably only for his contribution to his short stay in the dev team. I've been in this for years, but I'm not giving him props. He is a sneak who took credit for everything, followed by the media bandwagon.

    may I quote something? directly from dev team? this is old but hey.

    "
    Perhaps the foremost of these rules is management of knowledge. We keep certain information private, restricted to members of the team only (to help with points 1 and 2 above), and members are entrusted to make sure this secrecy is consistently enforced. This makes the team. Only when there is a majority vote from the team do we make any announcement or release.

    So now we come onto Geohot, the self appointed media frontman for last yearís iPhone hacks. Geohot actually worked with us a month or so before the media-circus that he led. Geohot is certainly a bright guy, but he couldnít abide by rules that I described in the last paragraph and because of this he was asked to leave the team. Of course like any hacker Geohot continued on for his goal.

    Using some of our techniques and tools (and some of his) and using his own brain power (and that of an unnamed Russian) he was able to release his hardware hack and demonstrate the first unlocked iPhone to the world, he has also demonstrated other things during the last year and some of those releases have helped us with our work.

    We thought that Geohot would have matured somewhat in the last year, but this clearly isnít the case, as sadly one of the team members has leaked a copy of our exploit to Geohot and he is now using this to provoke us into making an early release :-(

    So finally, just in case some of you were wondering, weíre not sitting on this tool because weíre full of ourselves or stuck up our own asses. Weíre not sitting on it cause we like to see you writhe. We are testing it to make sure itís as glitch-free as we can make it. We want to avoid releasing something that turns expensive phones into pretty looking paperweights. Donít you agree itís worth the wait?

    If others want to feel like theyíre in control by posting all-knowing entries on their blogs, we canít stop that, but the new PwnageTool will be released when itís ready, and not a moment later.
    "
    I'm one of the few people that remember the Dev Team's post about geohot. Glad you remember too. I was in their IRC channel back when the iPhone 3g was first released. I remember all the chaos that was caused when he was going to release one of the rain tool's that had the dev team's code in it. It's what originally got me to lose respect for the guy. I've stuck with the Dev Team's methods since Day 1 and will continue.

    To be honest.. I really didn't see this coming. I thought he could hold himself together a bit better considering all the publicity he's gotten from the media. Usually stuff like that makes you a bit stronger when it comes to dealing with people.

    One of the downsides when you make yourself a public figure. If you can't handle the heat, shouldnt have started the fire in the first place. You gotta get used to it. It's NEVER going to change.

    ~Secret Public Figure :P

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to crewxp For This Useful Post:

    jasvncnt10 (2010-07-14)

  8. #506
    It's an amazing thing seeing the mass amounts of ungrateful brats running their mouth - even the very first post alone.

    It's even more amazing from some of said brats that we're reading things like, "no big deal, someone else will step up and do it". So keep abusing these guys with demanded releases, because even if they quit, new guys will jump for the call of "duty"? Yeah great attitude to have. What happens when these guys tell you to screw off and they stop posting releases for the public? You piss off enough of the talent, and disrespect what the community is doing, and there will eventually be no community. These guys do this because they love solving puzzles and outsmarting the creators of these devices. They publicly release them for free because they want to give something they feel people deserve to have on a device they paid hundreds of dollars for. They don't owe you a release. They can continue to jailbreak devices, and just refuse to let you have them.

    As far as the attitude based on GeoHot's age, well - what do you care? You get to be spoiled brats with powerful toys for free, so let the dev team act how they want. If that's the one price you pay is having to deal with their personalities, is it really that big of a deal to just suck it up? You sure aren't going out of your way to crack the bootroms, and code around the firmware, but you sure wanna gripe when these guys get upset at all of the spoiled brat demands day in and day out.

    GeoHot, my hat goes off to you, you don't deserve this sh1t from these preening little nitwits.

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to oceanx For This Useful Post:

    Simtech (2010-07-14)

  10. #507
    Thank you for thť hard work we wil mis you !!!!!
    Kinds regard from belgium

  11. #508
    My iPhone is a Part of Me kwickone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Between Here & There
    Posts
    637
    Thanks
    68
    Thanked 68 Times in 64 Posts

    MODS: this thread is no longer to be considered "News". Can we move it to the "immature character bashing" forum?

    (hint: aka close it)

    I'm just sayin'...
    kwickone I.T.H.

  12. #509
    Quote Originally Posted by JAE View Post
    I guess apple hired him huh? lol.
    +1

  13. #510
    @ bunnywhi7e when are you coming out with the jailbreak for iPhone 4, I saw you quoting all this knowledge so naturally I assume you're a better dev than GEO can you please jailbreak my iphone4 for me please

  14. #511
    Let's vote

    Mod should BAN those haters, they don't contribute to this JB community anything but harassments. Geohot wasted his teen years to bring us freedom atleast the iphone and that's what he gets for respect??? who is next dev-team, comex, etc. very soon we don't anyone to help us JB and unlock. I doubt they spare anyone if the team don't give them JB right away. So let vote them out and they can go elsewhere and run their mouth or join Android or whatever. We know who they are

    So who is in favor? Seroiusly if we let these guys here, they will destroy this community.

  15. #512
    I'm just curious which dev out there made the first iphone jailbreak, I wonder if I asked the dev team who they would say

  16. #513
    Formerly Known As rpgpromaster EddieLeonard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,824
    Thanks
    489
    Thanked 676 Times in 362 Posts

    i think this thread should be closed now
    Follow me on Twitter: EddieLeonard - - - - - - - -If i have helped in anyway at all, Please click the "Thanks!" button
    Stalk me on FaceBook: Eddie Leonard

  17. #514
    MMI's Official Devil Dog santacruzlocal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Cali
    Posts
    631
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 45 Times in 37 Posts

    Does anyone really care?

  18. #515
    Quote Originally Posted by snoopyrph View Post
    Let's vote

    Mod should BAN those haters, they don't contribute to this JB community anything but harassments. Geohot wasted his teen years to bring us freedom atleast the iphone and that's what he gets for respect??? who is next dev-team, comex, etc. very soon we don't anyone to help us JB and unlock. I doubt they spare anyone if the team don't give them JB right away. So let vote them out and they can go elsewhere and run their mouth or join Android or whatever. We know who they are

    So who is in favor? Seroiusly if we let these guys here, they will destroy this community.
    I dont care much if Geohot goes or not, but really? You want to ban people because they dont have the same opinion on this subject as you?

  19. #516
    Quote Originally Posted by jasvncnt10 View Post
    I dont care much if Geohot goes or not, but really? You want to ban people because they dont have the same opinion on this subject as you?
    It's not an opinion, it's stupid and disrespectful for those who did something for you for FREE and you bashing them because they don't release in time for you. It's absurd that people like you should running your mouth when you don't contribute and demand something it's not even yours.

  20. #517
    Quote Originally Posted by snoopyrph View Post
    It's not an opinion, it's stupid and disrespectful for those who did something for you for FREE and you bashing them because they don't release in time for you. It's absurd that people like you should running your mouth when you don't contribute and demand something it's not even yours.

    People like me? LOL, you assume a lot dont you? I never "bashed" the guy or ran my mouth. And how do you figure i "dont contribute" and "demand" anything? You dont know me at all. And what have you contributed with your 3 posts?
    Last edited by jasvncnt10; 2010-07-14 at 06:34 PM.

  21. The Following User Says Thank You to jasvncnt10 For This Useful Post:

    durdan1 (2010-07-14)

  22. #518
    iPhone? More like MyPhone bunnywhi7e's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    178
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 8 Times in 5 Posts

    Id like to respond to the poster who said geohotz wasted his teenage years. Let me tell you something. Geohotz is a nerd and a geek and I can bet my *** he's still a virgin. IT WAS HIS CHOICE to exploit iPhone and give us jailbreak, unlock etc. Like I said previously I never used his products. Some of you are addicted to your beloved iphones that you lost touch with the reality. If you like him so much then go send him some money buy him a gift or even better help the poor kid get laid.

  23. #519
    This is sad to hear that pressure from impatient dickheads has caused the guy to pack it in, that first reply of good riddance youbwont be missed just sums it all up! Nobody has to jailbreak but he clearly helped down the line, thanks Geohot for all you did and people you've inspired, have fun!

  24. #520
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Bremerton, WA
    Posts
    36
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by bunnywhi7e View Post
    Id like to respond to the poster who said geohotz wasted his teenage years. Let me tell you something. Geohotz is a nerd and a geek and I can bet my *** he's still a virgin. IT WAS HIS CHOICE to exploit iPhone and give us jailbreak, unlock etc. Like I said previously I never used his products. Some of you are addicted to your beloved iphones that you lost touch with the reality. If you like him so much then go send him some money buy him a gift or even better help the poor kid get laid.
    Pretty much verbatim what I was going to chip in with.

    Why should we care if he's a whiney little tool? Because he hacked the iPhone and some us us benefited from this? He exploits a popular device, releases it to the internet, blogs about future JB and somehow didn't expect to have to deal with impatient dickheads and such? Did you think it would be nothing but glory when you get too big for your britches?

    Well welcome to the internet, George. Go outside for awhile. It seems that you're the type that it would do you some real good. That, and grow up.

Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1624252627 LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •