Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: GeoHot Says GoodBye To The Community

iPhone? More like MyPhone bunnywhi7e's Avatar
    Thanks

geohot was really talented but one of the most cockiest guys around and an attentipn whore. He is doing this for attention and unless he got laid and became a guido with muscles and stars in jersey shore 2 i dont see geeks like him going away. Whatever happened to his easiest jailbreaks ever that would jailbreak any apple device or so. Give me a break!

Reason why dev team got rid of him. In my opinion Dev Team is the one and only true group of guys who care about their work. Geohots knows things only about iphone while dev team has serious programmers unix gurus. Many of them do things that Kevin Mitnick (greatest h4x0r) of all times did before. Geohots is highly overrated to people who have no clue about unix opearing systems. Study freebsd, opennsd, linux slackware and ubuntu and find out what im talking about.

Forgot to mention geohot was accused on efnet for being one stupid script kiddie who had dosnet access and started ddosing irc channels. Lamer in my book.
    Last edited by bunnywhi7e; 2010-07-14 at 04:54 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

2. The Following User Says Thank You to bunnywhi7e For This Useful Post:

crewxp (2010-07-14)

He was unable to jb 4.0, so he had no choice but to quit!

Or he got sick of 50 posts a day saying, give me jailbreak/untether/unlock now, free, and if you don't you are a loser/punk/fill in your own personal "Gibson."

"Attention whore" or "ego fiend" or whatever you want to call him, he produced, and the majority of you used him without a thought in the world or a thank you. And when he didn't dance to your tune, you turned on him and now he's whatever bad words you want to throw at him. He was under NO OBLIGATION to any of us. And not one of the whiners in this thread could begin to do what he did, whatever his motivation. Without him, most of you would have been walking around with unjailbroken and locked phones and pods. And now he's crap because you can't have what you think he owes you. I don't care about his personality, whatever that might be. I don't have to walk in his shoes, and neither do you. GROW UP, you spoiled-rotten children. If you want something, DO IT YOURSELF or shut up about it. Nobody owes you anything except mommy and daddy, certainly not some phone hacker. And I know a secret: mommy and daddy are gonna cut you off at some point, too. You can't always get what you want. The world is a cold, mean place. Welcome to it.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to mr117 For This Useful Post:

kwickone (2010-07-14)

Quote Originally Posted by mr117 View Post
    Or he got sick of 50 posts a day saying, give me jailbreak/untether/unlock now, free, and if you don't you are a loser/punk/fill in your own personal "Gibson."

"Attention whore" or "ego fiend" or whatever you want to call him, he produced, and the majority of you used him without a thought in the world or a thank you. And when he didn't dance to your tune, you turned on him and now he's whatever bad words you want to throw at him. He was under NO OBLIGATION to any of us. And not one of the whiners in this thread could begin to do what he did, whatever his motivation. Without him, most of you would have been walking around with unjailbroken and locked phones and pods. And now he's crap because you can't have what you think he owes you. I don't care about his personality, whatever that might be. I don't have to walk in his shoes, and neither do you. GROW UP, you spoiled-rotten children. If you want something, DO IT YOURSELF or shut up about it. Nobody owes you anything except mommy and daddy, certainly not some phone hacker. And I know a secret: mommy and daddy are gonna cut you off at some point, too. You can't always get what you want. The world is a cold, mean place. Welcome to it.
    Well said.

Quote Originally Posted by mr117 View Post

Oh no not my mom...see my sig?
    My mom says im cool

What? He made plenty of money by way of donations. We thanked him when a new jb was out. He enjoyed doing what he did, he simply was unable to jb 4.0. He was kicked out of the Dev-Team, so he had no one who could help him. Poor guy, it bit him in the ***.

Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hogcia View Post
    What? He made plenty of money by way of donations. We thanked him when a new jb was out. He enjoyed doing what he did, he simply was unable to jb 4.0. He was kicked out of the Dev-Team, so he had no one who could help him. Poor guy, it bit him in the ***.
    Pay attention to the devs in the community. He had it jailbroken. Another dev has the exploit as well. Nice try though.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Goodbye GeoGod. I'll miss you and your fine work.

I don't feel obligated to thank him. I personally never used his methods, probably only for his contribution to his short stay in the dev team. I've been in this for years, but I'm not giving him props. He is a sneak who took credit for everything, followed by the media bandwagon.

may I quote something? directly from dev team? this is old but hey.

P.S. geohot, seriously, stop dicking around and look at the bootrom instead kthx. =P
    Perhaps the foremost of these rules is management of knowledge. We keep certain information private, restricted to members of the team only (to help with points 1 and 2 above), and members are entrusted to make sure this secrecy is consistently enforced. This makes the team. Only when there is a majority vote from the team do we make any announcement or release.

So now we come onto Geohot, the self appointed media frontman for last year’s iPhone hacks. Geohot actually worked with us a month or so before the media-circus that he led. Geohot is certainly a bright guy, but he couldn’t abide by rules that I described in the last paragraph and because of this he was asked to leave the team. Of course like any hacker Geohot continued on for his goal.

Using some of our techniques and tools (and some of his) and using his own brain power (and that of an unnamed Russian) he was able to release his hardware hack and demonstrate the first unlocked iPhone to the world, he has also demonstrated other things during the last year and some of those releases have helped us with our work.

We thought that Geohot would have matured somewhat in the last year, but this clearly isn’t the case, as sadly one of the team members has leaked a copy of our exploit to Geohot and he is now using this to provoke us into making an early release :-(

So finally, just in case some of you were wondering, we’re not sitting on this tool because we’re full of ourselves or stuck up our own asses. We’re not sitting on it cause we like to see you writhe. We are testing it to make sure it’s as glitch-free as we can make it. We want to avoid releasing something that turns expensive phones into pretty looking paperweights. Don’t you agree it’s worth the wait?

If others want to feel like they’re in control by posting all-knowing entries on their blogs, we can’t stop that, but the new PwnageTool will be released when it’s ready, and not a moment later.
    do you know why you "witty" people are worshipping him? Because you have blackra1n. big deal. Btw, I can click a button too "let it ra1n"

I'm not trolling or anything, cold hard facts gentlemen. Looks like the kid still didn't mature.

kthxbai
    Last edited by grav; 2010-07-14 at 05:58 AM.

Thanks

So why cant he ignore the high demand, work at his own pace and not get frustrated with high demands. Bill Gates and Steve Jobs also should quit because people are never satisfied. Some of you are point blank stupid no offense. And TRUST ME geohots can already buy all of us on here. He made PLENTY of money even though he says he didn't. I never really used any of his products so I could care less what he did. He did it on his own will nobody forced him. Geohotz if your reading this, YOU WONT BE MISSED NOT AT LEAST BY ME OR ANY OTHER GURU WHO KNOWS WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT. I WILL MAKE THIA GUARANTEE: he will be back and then id personally call him a piece of sh*t. You guys praise him like he pays your rent and bills and sh*t. Give me a break.

with so much drama in the MMI, its kinda hard being G-E-O-H-O-T...

Buncha drama queens...

If this thread is going to continue on a negative downward spiral, it will be closed. Discussion is great, negativity is useless.

Thanks

It should of been already closed.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to bunnywhi7e For This Useful Post:

ADF (2010-07-14)

Quote Originally Posted by hogcia View Post
    He was unable to jb 4.0, so he had no choice but to quit!
    funny how he quit the same day that planetbeing announces hes accomplished JB and Unlock on iphone 4, sounds like big ego problem to me, he knew Planetbeing was on the verge so he quit making it look like he coulda done it but hes teaching us a lesson, THANK YOU DEV TEAM, p.s my iphone 3gs running Ultrasn0w, my ps3 60GB still original fw still install other OS, dont need him.

Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bunnywhi7e View Post
    So why cant he ignore the high demand, work at his own pace and not get frustrated with high demands. Bill Gates and Steve Jobs also should quit because people are never satisfied. Some of you are point blank stupid no offense. And TRUST ME geohots can already buy all of us on here. He made PLENTY of money even though he says he didn't. I never really used any of his products so I could care less what he did. He did it on his own will nobody forced him. Geohotz if your reading this, YOU WONT BE MISSED NOT AT LEAST BY ME OR ANY OTHER GURU WHO KNOWS WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT. I WILL MAKE THIA GUARANTEE: he will be back and then id personally call him a piece of sh*t. You guys praise him like he pays your rent and bills and sh*t. Give me a break.
    Quote Originally Posted by bunnywhi7e View Post
    It should of been already closed.
    Bill Gates and Steve Jobs are doing their JOBS. George was doing a hobby. Side work at best. He can already buy all of us on here eh? And how do you know this? SHow some proof of this or don't bring it up. Try talking to some of the members who have done stuff for the community in exchange for donations only and you'll learn that a very minute percentage of people actually donate to the devs. And no, he certainly does not pay our rent, but take a look at the list of things he's done for the community from the beginning and he's definitely earned a respectable amount of praise.

Then again if you are going to butcher the English language like you did in the second quote I have a feeling my comments will be falling on deaf ears.

Quote Originally Posted by gafu View Post
    Peace out Geo.....now he can make the next Harry Potter movie in peace
    Hahaha he always reminded me of the dude from LotR

One jailbreak to rule them all...

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ronfin44 View Post
    It's aholes like you that helped make his decission to leave. Ef'ing idiot. The guy did so much for so many for FREE you ungrateful ******. He doesn't owe anyone anything, nor does this guy have to act a certain way in your eyes or the publics. His contributions were great to this once respectful community, but post after post from ignorant clowns like you do nothing but deter these hard-working individuals that spend their FREE time helping those of us that can't what they do for us. How about STFU and post a thank you next time. *sigh*
    Yeaaaah... ooook

I'm not so sure negativity is useless, but this thread is certainly useless.

Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 LastLast