Page 24 of 27 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: GeoHot Says GoodBye To The Community

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by z3r01 View Post
    I'm guessing this thread needs to get closed soon , too much immature posts
    I am really surprised it hasn't been already. :/

Quote Originally Posted by brahby View Post
    Also maybe he could frequent the same ps3 board that you suggest I search and post the solution for all the people who are desperately looking for an answer. I mean it only took an amazing hacker 3 years to do it so I'm sure the ps3 community can solve it in just 4 months without his help.
    Technically it only took him 5 weeks to hack the PS3, and a little over a week to put Other OS back on 3.21, though there was some controversy that he might have faked the version number since his MAC Address was changed as well.

But I agree, and am also angry over losing Other OS, I had finally gotten Lucid Lynx Ubuntu on my PS3 and Geohot just has to show off what he can do.

There are about 3 major PS3 devs out there, and their progress is going at snail speed, so I doubt we'll get the Linux back on the PS3 till the next gen of consoles is about to be released, or we'll never get it back. Since you can put Linux on your PC, there sadly isn't enough demand. I went ahead and used Wubi to put it on one of my PCs, but the PS3 Linux had potential to do some great stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by smooth22 View Post
    He is a spoiled brat admit it!
    I admit you're a spoiled ignorant brat

Quote Originally Posted by mr117 View Post
    A- This is NOT about PS3 here. Gee, can we let that drop. iPhone forum, for iPhone discussions. You keep harping on PS3, we get it, but it is not germane to our discussion here.
    I have told you before, it doesn't matter that this is an iPhone forum, Geohot chose not to stay exclusive to the iDevices and went to mess around with the PS3. Because he couldn't keep his promises to that fanservice, he built a bad reputation for himself. So regardless if this is a certain forum, people are going to hate him because of his failed promises which ruined his personal image.

Personally I thank him endlessly for what he did for my iPhone, but I despise him for ruining my Linux investment. I mean I would understand if he also coded for Android, but people can have the iPhone and a PS3.
    Last edited by pyrojing; 2010-07-14 at 01:48 AM.

<speechless at the above>

6. The Following User Says Thank You to mr117 For This Useful Post:

PCeasar (2010-07-14)

Thanks

What a ******!...not at GeoHot but everybody complaining or saying good riddance in someway or another after the all the free **** this guy did...

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

oh well leave the guy alone.

I don't blame him... If I had all that talent I wouldn't want to be known as that guy that makes jailbreaks. I can see how he's annoyed by people who get mad at him for not releasing something. Like he actually owes you anything anyway...

Get off this guy's sack

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Keep reading what he put in his blog. The picture was fake

Anyone who said good ridance and used Black or Purple rain or the first iPhone Jailbreak should probably go dig a hole and never be blessed with another jailbroken phone. Its true what George H is talking about, the days when jailbreaking was difficult and all of these crying pansies weren't on the scene. Guess its becareful what you wish for, I always hoped we'd get bigger but with the good comes the bad. Ungrateful sods who often forget this is being done for free and Devs owe us nothing. Ask yourself why the dev team usually does just a PWNage release and says bug off for a while.

We need to appreciate what we get for free people! and even when they don't give it to us right away appreciate them still, they'll come around they always do, just patience.

If you want someone to be pissed at call 1-800-Apple and complain about jailbreaks and why you need to jailbreak or just switch to the Android they're looking pretty good now.

Long live GeoHot, a pioneer and a legend! Google his name and you'll find his name on the first result page, which is at least 50 pages before you'll ever find anything on yourself.

Thanks

This sucks. I just cried for a minute. But he's totally right, i really wish people would step up and help out instead of demanding ____. long live geohot and hope he goes and works at apple

Thanks

I think this thread needs to be closed. There's way too many immature, rude, and ignorant comments.

I think it's getting a bit out of hand.
    Please hit the Thanks Button if I've helped you out or if you agree with my post.

So much hate...

Either this is George's new twitter or someone has no life..

Horge Gotz (egohot) on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by snowdweller View Post
    So much hate...

I'm gonna go with someone has no life on that one...

Thanks
    Thanked 1,182 Times in 915 Posts

That one has been around for a while.
    [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by snowdweller View Post
    So much hate...

Seeing as how the last tweet was posted over 3 months ago, i'm not quite sure how you could think that is his new account.

That's a parody account that has been around for quite a while now. The guy how ran it was pretty funny at times. Even Geohot followed it.

Thanks

I now have a feeling that the jailbreaking community is becoming more like the MW2 community and the garrysmod.org/Facepunch community.

Who's the next hacker to get bashed by these haters?
    Asking for help is different from being stupid. Fanboys can rot in @#$%!

To all the ungrateful - just hope that a malicious bug isn't included in your next jailbreak or unlock code that bricks your ****.

The hackers who have the ability and motivation to crack open the code and allow individuals to control their own devices deserve a hell of a lot of respect and if your iPhone is jailbroken / unlocked, recognize your dumbass couldn't do **** without the one who first unlocked the iPhone.

I feel like cleveland probably does.

Page 24 of 27 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast