Page 19 of 27 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: GeoHot Says GoodBye To The Community

Formerly Known As rpgpromaster EddieLeonard's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by evileclipse View Post
    I totally agree. I'm somewhat new to the scene, and my first jailbreak was his (perfectly simple) blackra1n. I owe all my modding experience to him letting me get in the ecosystem. But, every thing I ever read has everyone begging for a jb or unlock, like he owes em something. He prolly got 1000x more requests than thanks. I don't do paypal, but I'd gladly give him a hundred bucks for his role in my tech life!
    im geohotz brother i dont mind that $100 now :P
    joke

but your totally right. even though my first jailbreak ziPhone.... wow that brings back memorys :P
    Follow me on Twitter: EddieLeonard - - - - - - - -If i have helped in anyway at all, Please click the "Thanks!" button
    Stalk me on FaceBook: Eddie Leonard

Quote Originally Posted by theguru View Post
    so in otherwords he couldn't JB iphone 4 lol
    Quote Originally Posted by turdsmoka View Post
    A village has lost its idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dizzy714 View Post
    Haha, this guy is such a female - go sit in a corner by yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by u aint even in my clasa View Post
    Haha pussy I knew it seriously
    Quote Originally Posted by h2a View Post
    *shrug* whatever. the kid is like 5 years old. he'll grow up eventually.
    Quote Originally Posted by FoneWeasel View Post
    Good riddance ******. We won't miss the attention whoring.
    Quote Originally Posted by FireMedic92 View Post
    Later, ******bag. You won't be missed.
    Quote Originally Posted by ks503 View Post
    Im glad hes gone. What a homo.
    This is why I'd love for the next JB to be as long and tedious as the original. These morons would STFU real fast. Bunch of clowns. Seriously, just read these comments from these d-bags. Unreal.

3. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ronfin44 For This Useful Post:

AHH (2010-07-13), ctrobins (2010-07-13), EddieLeonard (2010-07-13), Luppin (2010-07-14), yentrog31 (2010-07-13)

Geo goes down in my book along side DaPuPp3t and ^FaTaL^. Without u guys, kids now days wouldnt have a clue in the world as to what can be done with a small piece of electronic equipment. Sad say to see such a great guy go. But i'm pretty sure all the Isuck 4 kids are smart enough to jailbreak and unlock their useless toys anyways, LMAO (NOT!!!!!)

Formerly Known As rpgpromaster EddieLeonard's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by l0k0 View Post
    Geo goes down in my book along side DaPuPp3t and ^FaTaL^. Without u guys, kids now days wouldnt have a clue in the world as to what can be done with a small piece of electronic equipment. Sad say to see such a great guy go. But i'm pretty sure all the Isuck 4 kids are smart enough to jailbreak and unlock their useless toys anyways, LMAO (NOT!!!!!)
    yup. i remember when i we had to use ziphone and install. i liked installer
    Follow me on Twitter: EddieLeonard - - - - - - - -If i have helped in anyway at all, Please click the "Thanks!" button
    Stalk me on FaceBook: Eddie Leonard

Thanks
    Thanked 12,544 Times in 7,599 Posts

Personal attacks and bashing will not be tolerated here guys, keep it calm and cool.
    Infractions and possible forum bans will result if this escalates. Please be kind.

His stuff worked. It was free. It was easy. What was the problem? Whiny, demanding people wanting what they want NOW! Look at the posts here, how nasty some are. What did he ever do except make it easy to jailbreak and unlock. He didn't make it harder, Apple did. As to ego issues, no one has a bigger ego than Steve Jobs, and you all are more than happy to shell out big bucks to him over and over again (me, too). George didn't ask for ANY money, he was doing you all a service for free. I'm surprised he lasted this long.

I miss the days when we had to pay for what we got. Now, it's all about "I want it free, I want it now, do it for me." Show some maturity, folks. Or get off your butts and do it yourself.

Rant over.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to mr117 For This Useful Post:

ronfin44 (2010-07-13)

Quote Originally Posted by mr117 View Post
    What did he ever do except make it easy to jailbreak and unlock.
    If you have followed the PS3 scene, you would know why people hate him

Sorry, but this, here, is an iPhone forum. He's no longer working with iPhones. If you have issues with him related to PS3s, why not post them in a PS3 forum?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ronfin44 View Post
    It's aholes like you that helped make his decission to leave. Ef'ing idiot. The guy did so much for so many for FREE you ungrateful ******. He doesn't owe anyone anything, nor does this guy have to act a certain way in your eyes or the publics. His contributions were great to this once respectful community, but post after post from ignorant clowns like you do nothing but deter these hard-working individuals that spend their FREE time helping those of us that can't what they do for us. How about STFU and post a thank you next time. *sigh*
    amen

12. The Following User Says Thank You to dr.stevil For This Useful Post:

Mano21 (2010-07-13)

he's such a *****... deal with the pressure of being the most followed iPhone hacker.

The Live Generator - Where Live Codes Are Free

also don't call me out saying i'm "ungrateful". i sent him a thank you e-mail and donated five bucks.
    Last edited by Mano21; 2010-07-13 at 08:01 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by mr117 View Post
    Sorry, but this, here, is an iPhone forum. He's no longer working with iPhones. If you have issues with him related to PS3s, why not post them in a PS3 forum?
    Because he is no longer working on the PS3 either. There are plenty of other iPhone devs, there aren't many PS3 devs, and the few there are have not been able to do anything. Geohot came prancing onto the scene, bragging at his hacking powers, and he brought on the wrath of Sony, and refused to fix his mistake after promising to do so on his blog. It would have been better if he never had shown off what he had done on the PS3, especially when he never wanted to make PS3 cfw.

Regardless if this is an iPhone forum or not, people hate him personally because of the issues he caused on the PS3, and I'm explaining some of the hate that his name brings.
    Last edited by pyrojing; 2010-07-13 at 08:12 PM.

omg farmvile!!!!

Eh. Geo was great, no doubt. But Kiss is still on their "Farewell" tour aren't they?

He'll be back, this is to get a reaction IMHO. He hacks for praise not personal satisfaction, I'm sure.

Do YOU post for praise or personal satisfaction? How can you purport to know why another person does things?

Hey, admin, how about locking this thread, it's devolving into worthlessness. He's gone, some are happy, some are sad, some foolio called him a homo, what is the purpose of the thread at this point?

Quote Originally Posted by Dakirn View Post
    Didn't he turn down the $10,000 to unlock 3.1.2?
    http://modmyi.com/forums/iphone-news...-2-unlock.html

I doubt he was in it for the money.
    then why have a paypal acct. if you didnt "do it for the Money"

NO MORE NEEDS TO BE SAID!!

Did YOU pay him for Blackrain? I didn't. Did he ask YOU for money? He didn't ask me for any. Did someone put $10 into his Paypal account yet he turned down $10K. Doesn't sound greedy to me. Unless YOU would prefer $10 to $10K?

20. The Following User Says Thank You to mr117 For This Useful Post:

ctrobins (2010-07-13)

oh he will be back. I am a nerd, I know nerds, this nerd has had a taste of popularity... he won't be to far from it for too long.

My iPhone is a Part of Me hollow0's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sergioakakobe View Post
    Good Riddance,

You Wont Be Missed!
    You're one of the reasons why he quit. Along with all those ****** bags that thanked your pathetic post.

No need for an interpreter. Someone's in need of some good anti-inane meds to prevent more of the same.

Edit- how about a dose for just above as well?
    Last edited by mr117; 2010-07-13 at 08:43 PM. Reason: more inanity

What's Jailbreak? Iphone3GsHACK's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks geo you will be missed!!!!!!! Thanks for all your hard work!!

Page 19 of 27 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast