Page 18 of 27 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: GeoHot Says GoodBye To The Community

thanks for your contributions, geo.
    Last edited by jayteez; 2010-07-13 at 06:41 PM.

Well Geohot won't be needed with everyone else working.

iPhone 4 just got fully jailbroken by MuscleNerd and PlanetBeing, they are waiting now for Apple to release their update that fixes the antenna problems.

Quote Originally Posted by rpgpromaster View Post
    and why are so young kids having iphones and ipod touches? i was like 13 when i had my first ipod touch and my mum thought i was too young to have one then and now these kids next door to us are 6, 8 and 10 years old and they had a ipod touch each for Christmas.:/
    LOL!! And I thought a 13, 10, 8, and 6 year old were still all just kids!! Guess not anymore!!
    "Once is an accident, Twice is a trend, Three times is evidence."

iPhone? More like MyPhone yentrog31's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by inzandity View Post
    My four year old neice doesn't cry and ***** as much as 85% of this forum. Geo spent a lot of his free time helping people out, and now that he isn't delivering, it's flame time? It's just a jailbreak...and it's FREE.
    great post..til you said it was FREE

all these cry-babies and snot-noses demand more....They dont want a JB if the guy behind it......has an ego OR throws a tantrum OR twits OR brags that he has a 1 button JB OR he taunts the dev team or any other JB community OR heaven-forbid he asks for donations!!

if you dont NOT like the man or the JB then bypass him..wait for the dev-team......I have called out several on this thread who bashed Geo and they have used PR or BR but they dont respond...wonder why..maybe they feel a bit small for bashing someone and they have used his product?..1 word...hypocrite!

and BTW while i'm ranting..I used GEO's website for BR and he said if this JB helped(YOU) not you but (ME)....hes was taking donations and I did......piss off anybody who used his JB and now is bashing him on this thread..and YOU know who you are...you are the true "hypocrites".
    "It takes a rare thing, a turning point, to free oneself from any obsession. Be it prejudice or hate, or, even love"

Truthfully here .. I'm not impressed with his actions. The fact that low lifes that continously hound him for jailbreaks/unlocks is pathetic in every aspect, show NO respect to the people doing the hard work.

Me .. I'm disgusted in his actions .. I'm a follower of all his work and have used his jailbreaks/unlocks many times, but at the same time, I have rewarded him nicely with donations (unlike many people that expect everything for nothing) .. the worst part about this, I gave GeoHot a wonderful gift of donation recently in respect that something would be released soon for the iPhone 4 .. well, we are the one being SHAFTED here, his loyal followers for many years, ones that did contribute to his cause .. that is what realy sucks here.

Now, I'm having to fight with PayPal and my financial institution to withdraw my donation to GeoHot so that I can give it to the people the TRUELY DESERVE the funds for there hard work.

GeoHot .. thanks .. FOR NOTHING.
    Last edited by LordGeek; 2010-07-13 at 07:16 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Rcooley617's Avatar
    Thanks

like I said before, he was the best at what he did, but to have an ego like that. Maybe he's not needed around....If he expects people to worship him then he's totally BONKERS!!!....In my opinion I think "Planetbeing" is way more socially better when it comes to the j/b & modding. My opinion
    "R-R"

You guys are a trip....

Today:
    Good Riddance,
    You Wont Be Missed!

Next week:
    Ohhhhh Geo... you're the man, #1!!!

Have you read some of these commments???? LAME!!!

Quote Originally Posted by rpgpromaster View Post
    and why are so young kids having iphones and ipod touches? i was like 13 when i had my first ipod touch and my mum thought i was too young to have one then and now these kids next door to us are 6, 8 and 10 years old and they had a ipod touch each for Christmas.:/

Bought my first iPod when I was 16, because I had a job and I could spend the 230$. 13 is pretty young for that kind of tech

My iPhone is a Part of Me EskimoRuler's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Li-ion View Post
    basically this.
    It's you people that made him leave. Typical brains less people that don't know how to appreciate something that you had to do nothing to get. GeoHot was amazing

Who cares???? But thanks for everything.. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by turdsmoka View Post
    A village has lost its idiot.
    Stop and ask for directions. Good luck finding your way home.

Quote Originally Posted by frjuan View Post
    You guys are a trip....

Today:
    Good Riddance,
    You Wont Be Missed!

Next week:
    Ohhhhh Geo... you're the man, #1!!!

Have you read some of these commments???? LAME!!!
    Geohot lost all my respect when he decided to mess around with the PS3, his work pushing Sony to the point where they removed Linux support, and him telling everyone to not update, that he would release a cfw that would bring back OtherOS support, but for months he said nothing. Eventually at some underground hacking con he made a small statement in his speech that he would not be doing the PS3 cfw.

He was awesome on the iPhone, but he totally destroyed all the money and work I put into putting Ubuntu on my PS3, he can go **** himself for all I care

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MuscleNerd View Post
    There really is a fun and challenging "can you beat Apple's engineers" aspect to jailbreak and unlock development, and it existed before the prevalence of twitter and blogs and such. So I wouldn't worry so much about that
    so you guys DON"T get tired of the" whiners" and "town-criers" and "cry-wolfers" and "what-have -you -done-for -me latelys"?
    "It takes a rare thing, a turning point, to free oneself from any obsession. Be it prejudice or hate, or, even love"

Formerly Known As rpgpromaster EddieLeonard's Avatar
    Thanks

"MuscleNerd
    We think we have 3 different ways to unlock once inside BB (the 3rd way was first to fully work for @planetbeing !)"

this is great news
    Follow me on Twitter: EddieLeonard - - - - - - - -If i have helped in anyway at all, Please click the "Thanks!" button
    Stalk me on FaceBook: Eddie Leonard

Im glad hes gone. What a homo.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

This community has been reduced to absolute ****. 24 pages of people saying good riddance to a dev because they were impatient little fucks who couldn't wait for him to release a jailbreak? Nice, real nice. It's not just the jailbreaking side of things, the theme threads are filled with kids begging for more icons, complaining about price, screaming to be put into beta lists and in the end everyone pirates everything anyway. There is literally zero reason to being a part of these forums now because you can barely see any kind of intelligible discussion, it's all just idiotic bickering caused by new members whose mommy and daddy bought them their ipod touch for their twelfth birthday and they think they know everything.

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Luppin For This Useful Post:

cory (2010-07-14), tecpunk64 (2010-07-13), yentrog31 (2010-07-13)

have fun working with apple

I totally agree. I'm somewhat new to the scene, and my first jailbreak was his (perfectly simple) blackra1n. I owe all my modding experience to him letting me get in the ecosystem. But, every thing I ever read has everyone begging for a jb or unlock, like he owes em something. He prolly got 1000x more requests than thanks. I don't do paypal, but I'd gladly give him a hundred bucks for his role in my tech life!

Pwned!!!!!!!

Rotfl!!!!

:d :d :d :d

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nrfuller View Post
    Whether he's a legend or a genius or whatever, he's also a total putz. I don't care how easy he made jailbreaking, he's an unpleasant guy and the less we see of him, the better. I'd rather work with a slightly more complicated jailbreak from a nicer person than have to read one more email from an unpleasant d-bag such as George. You can lick his backside all you want, but the fact remains is that the jailbreaking community is going to be a lot nicer without George around.
    so you have never used blackra1n?..am I right?..here is a post from you late last yr..why do you NOT respond?..is there a bigger hypocrite than a person who uses a persons time and knowledge; then a few months later comes back and bashes the guy?..you' re garbage...maybe YOU will respond to that you coward..but I doubt it>

I have called you out before..man up dude.
    __________________________________________________ _____his post below....
    11-15-2009, 10:35 AM
    nrfuller
    Green Apple

Quick (Re)Jailbreaking Questions

Your Ad Here
    Okay so I jailbroke my phone a few weeks ago using blackrain, totally love it and really enjoy the freedom that jailbreaking offers. Last night cydia told me that 3 programs I have installed have updates, so I figure what the heck, might as well update. Bad idea. The phone downloads the updates, reboots and is then stuck at the apple logo forever. I finally had no choice but to restore. Didn't wanna do it but the logo was just not gonna go away so I bit the bullet and restored.

When I restored, itunes automatically updated the iphone firmware to the absolutely most up to date version (not sure of the number). Does anyone know if this will make it impossible rejailbreak using blacksnow? I probably shouldn't have let it update the phone but I was in such a panic to get it working again that I was just hitting yes to everything. I'd really love to rejailbreak but I'm worried that I'm now screwed and can't do it.

Also, does anyone know what happens if I can rejailbreak and I try to redownload the apps in cydia that I paid for? Will I have to pay again, or will cydia somehow know I've already bought it, like the itunes store does? I'd hate to have to buy the few programs I did buy all over again, that would kinda suck.

I should add that I just want to jailbreak, I don't really want to unlock. I know the guy who created blackrain is working on an unlock, but that's a whole separate thing from blackrain, right? If I use blackrain, I won't be unlocking my phone too, will I?

Rest assured, any thoughts anyone may have on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Page 18 of 27 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast