Page 17 of 27 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: GeoHot Says GoodBye To The Community

Green Apple
    Thanks

Damn this fool grabbed our iPhone 4 donations, jailbroke that **** then went to work for apple.

Master strategist.

See ya later Mr. Frodo

iPhone? More like MyPhone risingkazuya05's Avatar
    Thanks

This exit of Geo kind of reminds me when the team behind Installer had to exit to Jailbreaking scene. All these haters started posting that Installer sucked and Cydia/Rock was the way to go. Come on people, different flavors for different people right? Each Dev comes with their own program/jailbreaking tool that may not be right for one person but is favored by another. Variety is ALWAYS GOOD. I for one have always like the Dev Team's because it has less bugs but having ANOTHER OPTION is always a good thing in my book.
    Ninjas?!?!...They all learned from ME!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jerrykid323 View Post
    Well he was one of the few who accepted money and I'm sure people sent him money , do it wasn't like e didn't get anything out of it.
    Didn't he turn down the $10,000 to unlock 3.1.2?
    http://modmyi.com/forums/iphone-news...-2-unlock.html

I doubt he was in it for the money.

iPhone? More like MyPhone brbortscheller's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sergioakakobe View Post
    Good Riddance,

You Wont Be Missed!
    Yes he will: He made the easiest jailbreaks that required the touch of a button and took probably 30 seconds. Now we have to download the .IPSW file and push all of those stupid buttons on our devices. I will miss him and he made a huge mark in history of Apple technology. ;-/

Quote Originally Posted by risingkazuya05 View Post
    This exit of Geo kind of reminds me when the team behind Installer had to exit to Jailbreaking scene. All these haters started posting that Installer sucked and Cydia/Rock was the way to go. Come on people, different flavors for different people right? Each Dev comes with their own program/jailbreaking tool that may not be right for one person but is favored by another. Variety is ALWAYS GOOD. I for one have always like the Dev Team's because it has less bugs but having ANOTHER OPTION is always a good thing in my book.
    Yes I agree with you. Redsn0w is not necessarily easy as blackra1n and (probably) Limera1n, but it works and that's really all that matters.
    Last edited by brbortscheller; 2010-07-13 at 06:04 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by akuamakana View Post
    he was a good guy. but if he has a jailbreak he should just release it. he's not gonna update it so when he releases we also get 4.0.1 which won't be that big cuz we all know apple lied about the formula being wrong. just my opinion
    It's not as easy and finding a exploit and releasing it. Long hours are spent not just on finding exploits but also writing software that will carry out that exploit safe and secure. Plus there has been a longstanding issue with him releasing stuff the dev team thought was too early or not suitable for the public so I'm sure he doesnt rush to a jailbreak. Didn't one of the jailbreaks back in the 1.x.x days mess up future updates?

He doesn't get paid for this and he owes you nothing
    Last edited by kraziebone; 2010-07-13 at 06:13 PM.

He is right. We have infinite wants and demands, and if we don't get it, we get mad, nonetheless sue people.

......so to all the haters, why don't you come up with a JB yourself and stop depending on other people. You are no different than those who are on welfare!!!!!
    Last edited by tom q; 2010-07-13 at 06:07 PM.

Formerly Known As rpgpromaster EddieLeonard's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by edwilk55 View Post
    He's been thanked a million times in the past.

What pisses everyone off is him tweeting / posting / vloging about how easy the JB is and how he already has it, but then ******* when people ask him for it. Really? You don't see a problem with that?
    well no, i dont. there might have some other reasons for not posting like the software isnt ready but the jailbreak is or the software wasnt working right. or any thing. most of his tweets are like saying. look i have cydia on my iphone 4. just showing that i am making progress.
    Follow me on Twitter: EddieLeonard - - - - - - - -If i have helped in anyway at all, Please click the "Thanks!" button
    Stalk me on FaceBook: Eddie Leonard

Men in Black must have been around his place :-0

or

Just got hounded so much , threw the towel in

Saw an 8 year old today with a jailbroken iPod touch. Lol.

I understand why he quit

Thanks

Think Geo deleted his twitter account

Thanks

and why are so young kids having iphones and ipod touches? i was like 13 when i had my first ipod touch and my mum thought i was too young to have one then and now these kids next door to us are 6, 8 and 10 years old and they had a ipod touch each for Christmas.:/
    Follow me on Twitter: EddieLeonard - - - - - - - -If i have helped in anyway at all, Please click the "Thanks!" button

sucks that people **** things up....

Thanks

So ur like 16 now huh?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mikerlx View Post
    no, just changed the URL to https://twitter.com/georgehotz
    see im smart :P

Quote Originally Posted by z3r01 View Post
    So ur like 16 now huh?
    yeah, 17 in a few weeks
    Last edited by EddieLeonard; 2010-07-13 at 06:23 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by mikerlx View Post
    nah, bro, new URL:

Horge Gotz (egohot) on Twitter

"I miss the days when jailbreaking and unlocking were difficult, it attracted a much higher caliber crowd."

Uhh I'm pretty sure GeoHot was the one that made jailbreaking and unlocking easy with Blackra1n. So, this was all from his own doing, and now he's unhappy with the result I guess.

Thanks

i think thats a fan pretending to be him.... i think the real one is https://twitter.com/georgehotz cuz on the status thing it says im following him but his tweets are protected and i have never gone to https://twitter.com/georgehotz before. i always went to the https://twitter.com/geohot one

iPhone? More like MyPhone yentrog31's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kwickone View Post
    Smooth move all you haters I hope you don't treat everyone you disagree with this way.

I used every one of his jailbreaks, they were the fastest and easiest for me.
    ditto and thx for some common sense.
    "It takes a rare thing, a turning point, to free oneself from any obsession. Be it prejudice or hate, or, even love"

I wish I could thank him in person.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to DylanYo For This Useful Post:

evileclipse (2010-07-13)

Page 17 of 27 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast