Page 16 of 27 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: GeoHot Says GoodBye To The Community

My iPhone is a Part of Me kuhndsn's Avatar
    Thanks

Thanks for what you done! Never used your JB but thank you nonetheless. Much appreciated.

Now for some of you posting (not all). You are absolutely childish and stupid! Hate hate hate. Complain complain complain. It's also amazing that some people posting have suddenly became Dr's of phycology. With regards to some of the posts. 99% of you morons don't even know the kid. Yet you are the first to throw the first stone! This is childish people! You don't employ him so you don't have a right to complain. If you purchased a i4 with hopes to jb and unlock then be patient! You should have had at least a bit of intelligence to know that a unlock in not guaranteed! No one forced you to by the damn phone. Ohhhh it's your right you say to buy what you want?!? Yup it is!!! But!!! If you buy a diesel car that only runs on diesel you can't complain that it wont run on gas!!!! Dumb *****'s you knew the phone is exclusive it's not everyone elses fault because you took a risk!!! So just be patient or return the damn thing or buy a unlocked one from another country...

Now sorry for venting and don't mean to poke or offend any one person but this bashing crap is just childish and stupid...

And for thoes that wish to hate on me for this post than so be it you prob are the inconsiderate little child that is hating on someone for no other reason than your jealous and need to point fingers at others instead of looking in the mirror to see where the true problem is. For all others who read this vent...sorry it's not meant for
    you...
    Last edited by kuhndsn; 2010-07-13 at 05:41 PM.

Who cares.... It's not like he's the only one working on a jailbreak/unlock.

In my eyes Geohot can take a hike...

iPhone? More like MyPhone rawhog's Avatar
    Thanks

AT&T must be loving all this. The hating is now directed at everybody but them.

Quote Originally Posted by sergioakakobe View Post
    Good Riddance,

You Wont Be Missed!
    ^^^^^^ !!!

damn its a shame that people wouldnt leave him alone and be thankful for what he gave us. The people demanded him to do everything so they can have a unlocked and jailbroken iPhone, but they demanded him to do it cause they couldnt do it themselves, so they should have kept their mouthes shut and quitely waited till he wanted to release stuff. For the people saying he should just release what he has, you are the reason he left. If that was me I wouldnt release it just inspite of those beggers. Take it easy and thanks for whst you gave us.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to nosnam For This Useful Post:

evileclipse (2010-07-13)

Formerly Known As rpgpromaster EddieLeonard's Avatar
    Thanks

if i was geohot now i would come back and release a jailbreak for all devices that contains a virus.

he has made jailbreaks that have kept most of happy for a little while and we should appreciate what he has done so far and anything else he might come out with and be thankful for it(if he comes back. i wouldn't if i was being treated like most of are treating him now)
    ------edit-------
    oh, and remember. was going it because he felt like it and enjoyed doing it. all you guys made him not like doing it by demanding release dates and stuff. the only person to blame that we dont have a jailbreak right now is your self.
    Follow me on Twitter: EddieLeonard - - - - - - - -If i have helped in anyway at all, Please click the "Thanks!" button
    Stalk me on FaceBook: Eddie Leonard

Quote Originally Posted by purpl3_bug View Post
    GeoHot is a genius. Being such a young guy, his mind is very advanced. I wish when I was a teenager, I was caught up in the hacking business.

Well with 1 great warrior down in the jailbreak community, we still remain strong with MuscleNerd, Comex, and Planet-Being. Let's learn from this experience and support our current iPhone hackers. Of course, we're always going to have the "gimme gimme gimme", but as for us that are deeply into modding our idevices, let's be a bit more appreciative.

Btw: I'm in the process of learning a computer language, Mabe one day I'll be joining the Dev Team
    Yo thank! for say that because with out him there maybe not be any unlock.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sergioakakobe View Post
    Good Riddance,

You Wont Be Missed!
    Wow, I'm sorry, but what have you done with your life? The advancements that people like George have given us in this community are the reasons we are here (or even this website for that matter). You are seemingly ignorant in your comment.

With that said, au revior et bon chance, GeoHotz. It's been a good run and we thank you for your contributions. Cheers!

Proud to be an Apple user since 1990... at the age of 4.

Quote Originally Posted by rpgpromaster View Post
    if i was geohot now i would come back and release a jailbreak for all devices that contains a virus.

he has made jailbreaks that have kept most of happy for a little while and we should appreciate what he has done so far and anything else he might come out with and be thankful for it(if he comes back. i wouldn't if i was being treated like most of are treating him now)
    ------edit-------
    oh, and remember. was going it because he felt like it and enjoyed doing it. all you guys made him not like doing it by demanding release dates and stuff. the only person to blame that we dont have a jailbreak right now is your self.
    That would actually be illegal (as opposed to possibly illegal that the jailbreak might be). So no, he shouldn't do that.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by spudman01 View Post
    ive gotta say i saw this comming. hes right though.. back when jailbreaking was an all day-week process, it was a more respected thing, and people were there to help out. now its just WHEN CAN I JAILBREAK MY IPHONE 3GS/IPHONE 4?!?!?!?!?! or I HATE ATT GIVE ME AN UNLOCK ALREADY!! its really sad, and i dont blame him for quiting
    Are you taking about making a jailbreak, or jailbreaking itself? I have jailbroke since 1.1.1 and it has always been relatively easy. You did not even need a computer, you just went to jailbreakme.com. Still, geohot has done a lot for us and it's sad to see him go.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sh33436 View Post
    Yo thank! for say that because with out him there maybe not be any unlock.
    planet being has unlocked the iphone 4 already. he posted a pic on twitter like 30 min ago
    Follow me on Twitter: EddieLeonard - - - - - - - -If i have helped in anyway at all, Please click the "Thanks!" button

iPhone? More like MyPhone yentrog31's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sunshinejenn03 View Post
    Well, sure. If his wasn't a melodramatic exit, then I don't know what is. No one said he wasn't smart. He's just prone to tantrums and hissy fits and his departure in the grand scheme is insignificant. There will always be someone else.
    You should read a bit more or watch the History Channel you would be amazed how many artists and scientists act just that way...and oh BTW what in the hell do hissy fits and tantrums have anything to do with geohot providing ME an easy JB?

does not bother me in the least if he crows or soars or boasts or twitters or god-forbid he throws a hissy fit......I used his blackra1n and it was grand.
    "It takes a rare thing, a turning point, to free oneself from any obsession. Be it prejudice or hate, or, even love"

Not the most graceful departure, but I certainly understand why he would no longer want to be apart of the process.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ab03 View Post
    That would actually be illegal (as opposed to possibly illegal that the jailbreak might be). So no, he shouldn't do that.
    i know its illegal but thats how id feel if was being kicked out like this

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Jobs probably bought him out and swore him to secrecy. :-P

Well he was one of the few who accepted money and I'm sure people sent him money , do it wasn't like e didn't get anything out of it.

I am sorry but He is a Joke, we know that talk is cheep.If you have somthing to say SAY,
    don't tell me you have a J/B but you realy don't or maybee.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rpgpromaster View Post

------edit-------
    He's been thanked a million times in the past.

What pisses everyone off is him tweeting / posting / vloging about how easy the JB is and how he already has it, but then ******* when people ask him for it. Really? You don't see a problem with that?

Livin the iPhone Life iNT3Rv3NTiONZz's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by edwilk55 View Post
    He's been thanked a million times in the past.

What pisses everyone off is him tweeting / posting / vloging about how easy the JB is and how he already has it, but then ******* when people ask him for it. Really? You don't see a problem with that?
    the JB never was the picture was fake, said by Geo himself on Twitter

iPhone4 16gb black - 4.1 Limera1ned
    iPhone 3G 16gb white - 3.1.2 jailbroken
    Blackra1ned
    THANKYOU ONCE AGAIN GEOHOT!

21. The Following User Says Thank You to iNT3Rv3NTiONZz For This Useful Post:

brbortscheller (2010-07-13)

This discussion, and recent treatment of GeoHot, make me yearn for the good old days of ModMyiPhone and the civil community of early adapters this once was. The one-touch Jailbreak, while appreciated, made the act too accessible thus bringing in a lower level of understanding. Along with it came the Romper Room crowd, as evidenced by many comments in this very thread.

Also, looking at this from GeoHot's perspective, there are kids posting all over Craigslist to jailbreak and unlock phones with the software he created. That essentially adds up to theft of money he's due.

Page 16 of 27 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast