Page 15 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: GeoHot Says GoodBye To The Community

iPhone? More like MyPhone yentrog31's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ctrobins View Post
    Thank you GeoHot for everything you've done for me and my iPhones.
    You've provided elegant to use Jailbreaks for me in the past.

Good Luck and best wishes to you!
    (try not to let these hypocritical, ingrates get you down... Seriously, you don't want people like these on your side anyway.)

- ctrobins
    great post..simple ..but effective...could not agree more!
    "It takes a rare thing, a turning point, to free oneself from any obsession. Be it prejudice or hate, or, even love"

Green Apple
    Thanks

Smart guy, yes. Narcissistic? absolutely.
    If your leaving fine, we,(at least I) do not need or want a 'proper farewell'
    take your farewell and shove it
    Previous Phone: AT&T Tilt
    Rom:Phoenix3 Win6.5 -Also Running Android 1.5-
    Radio:1.71.xx.x

Carrier: AT&T

I would love to revert back to the old days of jailbreaks. I felt more like a hacker and less like an average user. But I'll also admit quick and easy has it's perks.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Jailbreaking just became way too mainstream. Even for me it has started to become somewhat tedious. I think any of you who have been in the game since the beginning as I have would agree. I believe Geohotz left the game at a proper time in an attemp to revert jailbreaking/unlocking back to the exciting task as it used to be. Mad props bro. Forever remembered.

Yez Er $$. hahaha

iPhone? More like MyPhone GranDaddyPurp's Avatar
    Thanks

well Planetbeing just unlocked his i4. He stated it via Twitter and posted a pic..and maybe Geohot can start working on PS3 exploits now?

Quote Originally Posted by ctrobins View Post
    Shut up!!! WHAT THE HELL HAVE YOU EVER DONE FOR ANYONE 'For The 'Love' of it'?
    i don't do anything for anyone but myself. it's called the law of rational self-interest. if you're stuck doing things for other people, you'll probably end up re-evaluating what you're doing after a while.

kind of like what happened to mr. hotz.

p.s. you should probably calm down before your blood pressure gets out of control and you pass out at your desk.

iPhone? More like MyPhone yentrog31's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisRC1985 View Post
    Smart guy, yes. Narcissistic? absolutely.
    If your leaving fine, we,(at least I) do not need or want a 'proper farewell'
    take your farewell and shove it
    so another Geohot hater...so I'm asking you...you never used blackra1n?

( I do know the answer....tsk tsk)
    "It takes a rare thing, a turning point, to free oneself from any obsession. Be it prejudice or hate, or, even love"

Thanks
    Last edited by idealist; 2010-07-13 at 05:25 PM.

Geohotz is gone. Long live Jailbreaking.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Jahooba For This Useful Post:

aqueus (2010-07-13)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    He did amazing work that on some occasions it took several people to do and still worked alone. What did he expect 90% of the people using the jailbreak software have no idea how it works so it's expected to have people nagging him it's a price to pay getting into the scene

I guess we didn't kiss his *** enough.

Later, George. Don't bother with a longer farewell - gone is gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Drmerdp View Post
    I would love to revert back to the old days of jailbreaks. I felt more like a hacker and less like an average user. But I'll also admit quick and easy has it's perks.
    If you were jailbreaking as some kind of ego-booster, you were doing it for the wrong reason.

I gotta say i agree with Geo. Look at the negative comments you guys are posting about him.

Sad.

iPhone? More like MyPhone lepetitmort84's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't think geohot will be gone for long.
    We are a disharmonic level of consciousness that is used as a steppingstone from the 42+2level to the next level, 46+2...These two additional chromosomes change everything

iPhone? More like MyPhone risingkazuya05's Avatar
    Thanks

People who love their iDevices (Phone, Touch, Pad) should just be grateful for everything Geo has done for the jailbreaking community. I personally have had INVALUABLE use of his Blackra1n and Sn0w especially when I got my 3GS OTB with BB 5.11.07.
    Instead they flame and b1tch like little ******* and not just send the guy off and wish him the best. Who knows, he may make a comeback someday but I wouldn't, if I was him after reading all these rants and comments.

Just my 2 cents.
    Ninjas?!?!...They all learned from ME!!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by eserfeliz View Post
    i don't do anything for anyone but myself. it's called the law of rational self-interest. if you're stuck doing things for other people, you'll probably end up re-evaluating what you're doing after a while.

kind of like what happened to mr. hotz.

p.s. you should probably calm down before your blood pressure gets out of control and you pass out at your desk.

Thank you for proving my point... you are not only an ingrate, you are also a hypocrite. Therefore your opinion is even less valuable. Thank you for your concern about my blood pressure though. I guess you're not just an a-hole after all.

Good luck to you and your 'rational self-interest'.

I remember the first time using Blackra1n.. absolutely amazing. No need to mess with making my own image file or anything.

No matter how much you may have hated his personality his contributions to the jailbreaking community were numerous.

While I've mostly been browsing these forums for the past 2 years (and switched to an Evo after giving up on AT&T) it's sad to see that so many people are quick to flame and berate someone for having what is in their eyes a flawed personality.

Sorry to see you go Geo, I totally understand. Count me as another person who appreciated your hard work.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Dakirn For This Useful Post:

evileclipse (2010-07-13)

iPhone? More like MyPhone Carlos's Avatar
    Thanks

Geohot was obviously paid off, you can tell by the way things have been going and the timing of things...
    King Los aka Los Ninyo

iPhone? More like MyPhone sunshinejenn03's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TheWiredHavocMC2.0 View Post
    I gotta say i agree with Geo. Look at the negative comments you guys are posting about him.

Sad.
    Well, sure. If his wasn't a melodramatic exit, then I don't know what is. No one said he wasn't smart. He's just prone to tantrums and hissy fits and his departure in the grand scheme is insignificant. There will always be someone else.

I think you guys take this jailbreaking thing a bit too serious. I've been JB scene since the first JB was available and to be honest I'm sick and tired of having to restore averytime a new firmware is released. IMO the only people who benifit are those ******* making money off the unlocks. With 4 I purchased all the apps that I use. C'mon they're not that expensive and the phone does run smoother without JB it. I do miss tethering but really never used it that much. It's just a phone people!!!! I'm sooooo relieved I got all my anxious friends off my back that kept asking me when I was going to JB their new iphones....

Page 15 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast