Page 14 of 27 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: GeoHot Says GoodBye To The Community

Quote Originally Posted by smirkis View Post
    anyone who joined after basically july 08 on this site is an idiot.
    some of us didn't need a forum to show us how to JB/unlock our phones prior to "july 08". but i guess it's okay to call people that have a differing opinion to yours names. you know, against the forum rules that you know so well, since you've been here since "january 08".

Quote Originally Posted by eserfeliz View Post
    Can we stop talking about geohot now?

http://twitter.com/planetbeing

the dev team pwned the iPhone 4 without crying, shutting down a blog or twitter, asking for donations or being a prima donna.
    GeoHot was never low key which is what got him kicked out of the dev team so long ago.

iPhone? More like MyPhone yentrog31's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 1hihum View Post
    While the guy has made some very awesome contributions, he has at times seemed to be a bit of an *** in my book. He posts tweets/videos/etc about how quickly he cracked the iphone, how easy it is to beat Apple, and how slow other hackers are with delivering jailbreaks, and then gets pissy when he is hounded for his easy jailbreak. If you don't want the constant harrasment, then don't post that ****! That being said, I'm sure I would probably be something of an *** too if I was continuously harassed about jailbreaking the iphone.

Over the coarse of the last couple of jailbreaks the community has become very aggressive about getting them. It's funny though that we don't see these emotional roller coasters from the Dev Team isn't it. They generally have the devoted support of the jailbreaking community. They popst pics/tweets/videos/etc without all of the side show crap, and hence, far less animosity from the community.

I do appreciate his work, and expect to see him back before long though. I don't think he can go too long before he needs the attention again. My bet is that he will sit out this jailbreak, but come bouncing back for the next one. :
    I read four or five pages to find a post I'd felt was tempered but still had a grudge against Geohot...I picked yours out..cause it said something about him and something about his audience(for lack of a better word)..I used blackra1n and it was the easiest of all JB"s...worked perfect for my 3GS...It seems Geohot is like the Yankees or the Cowboys..some luv him some hate him..but where does the hate come from I wonder...What did he ever do to any of YOU who post on this board?...He tried to stick it to Apple, and we who own devices benefited from it.If his method turned you off or made you angry like some who have posted here...why did you keep reading his tweeter or the headlines on MMI?...were you waiting for his next JB?..I know I was...If you were devoted to the dev-team then why read or keep up w/ GEOHOT who you cant stand cau se of his massive ego?....bottom line he IS a lightning rod..but I dont know him personally and I'm sure not many of you do either..I just admire his work and I used it and I donated to him for it....if you hated his work or him or admire the dev-teams work more like the message in this post I'm responding to then wait for the dev team.I respect all the JB community cause I think they are looking out for the small guy and sticking it to Apple..even Geohot...ego and all..
    "It takes a rare thing, a turning point, to free oneself from any obsession. Be it prejudice or hate, or, even love"

I don't understand!?!??when is he going to release the jailbreak??? 

I wonder how much apple (steve) paid him to pull out of the jailbreaking scene? It's the only logical thought

I dont post every but had to reply to this one.

Screw geo and his high horse. If he wasn't such a cocky ******* people would appreciate the **** he puts out.

Bottom line is he treated the community like ****, hes gonna get treated like **** in return. There are others out there that will jailbreak and not be such a tool about it. He wont be missed, and I hope he gets out of his basement now and is exposed to a little social interaction.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Blinkwise For This Useful Post:

aqueus (2010-07-13)

Good for him! Jailbreaking was 10x better when it took hours to do. It kept all of the ungrateful jerks away. Couldn't agree with GeoHot more

Lets all remember the forum rules also...with respect to NO profanity.

Quote Originally Posted by mobilexile View Post
    Wow, thanks. You're just the type of person who killed his taste for this community. Ever consider buying a Droid instead?
    Um yeah, I have no regrets for helping drive George away from this community.

Frankly you should give me a medal.

This community seems better suited to folks who actually enjoy being part of a community.

My iPhone is a Part of Me PhoneLine's Avatar
    Thanks

If you can't take the heat. Stay out of the kitchen.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PhoneLine For This Useful Post:

aqueus (2010-07-13), bobright (2010-07-13)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by eserfeliz View Post
    seriously?

so some dude puts his twilight loving face all over a webpage and millions of iphones all across the world with an exploit that he found, then suddenly realizes that interweb fame isn't all it's cracked up to be, and i'm supposed to feel SORRY for him? F that.

listen, boys and girls, nobody put a gun to his head and told him to hack their iphone. it was a choice that he made. he made the choice to release the exploits and he also made the choice to make them one-click and untethered. what did he think was going to happen? did he think people would buy a float for him in the macy's thanksgiving day parade with his huge head hovering in-between snoopy and garfield and rick astley singing on his float?

geohot (or mr. hotz, if you prefer people address you by your proper name now), i'm sorry people hurt your feelings, but suck it up, princess. here's a piece of advice: do things because you want to. don't do it for donations, don't do it for love, don't do it for adulation, and certainly don't do it for fame. best of luck to ya, kid, but chances are that there's a 12-year old kid just waiting to be the next you.

Shut up!!! WHAT THE HELL HAVE YOU EVER DONE FOR ANYONE 'For The 'Love' of it'?

You seem to be just another hater, hypocrite expecting others to provide you something for nothing!!! Suck it up princess, life isn't a cake walk... sometime you have to stand up and be a man and do something for yourself.... So put up or SHUT UP.

This will be my first post... in response to George's final... Thank you. Thank you Mr. Hotz for your immortal contributions! Your ingenuity is an inspiration, a driving force behind many new and exciting breakthroughs , today, tomorrow and those yet to be brought into manifestation. Thank you.

Sincerely,

J Macfearghus
    prepressking

Quote Originally Posted by yentrog31 View Post
    I read four or five pages to find a post I'd felt was tempered but still had a grudge against Geohot...I picked yours out..cause it said something about him and something about his audience(for lack of a better word)..I used blackra1n and it was the easiest of all JB"s...worked perfect for my 3GS...It seems Geohot is like the Yankees or the Cowboys..some luv him some hate him..but where does the hate come from I wonder...What did he ever do to any of YOU who post on this board?...He tried to stick it to Apple, and we who own devices benefited from it.If his method turned you off or made you angry like some who have posted here...why did you keep reading his tweeter or the headlines on MMI?...were you waiting for his next JB?..I know I was...If you were devoted to the dev-team then why read or keep up w/ GEOHOT who you cant stand cau se of his massive ego?....bottom line he IS a lightning rod..but I dont know him personally and I'm sure not many of you do either..I just admire his work and I used it and I donated to him for it....if you hated his work or him or admire the dev-teams work more like the message in this post I'm responding to then wait for the dev team.I respect all the JB community cause I think they are looking out for the small guy and sticking it to Apple..even Geohot...ego and all..
    this seems to stem from a comment that he made during his presentation during nuit du hack recently: geohot made a reference to the teeming masses and basically called them stupid because they used his one-click JB.

if you think people are so stupid, then don't cater your jailbreak to them. duh.

iPhone? More like MyPhone yentrog31's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iPhone3G[S] View Post
    ditto, dont come back, the dev team has us covered.
    Phone3G[S]
    iPhoneaholic

ya, anyone that says GeoHot doesn't know his ****, they very very wrong.

Dude..wasn't this you late last yr.....you better notify a mod..somebody is using your user name.
    "It takes a rare thing, a turning point, to free oneself from any obsession. Be it prejudice or hate, or, even love"

iPhone? More like MyPhone smokingkiils's Avatar
    Thanks

I think were forgetting how clever george really is... Its a sad day too lose him, he made a big mark in thr iphon history, and for the record i hate untetherd easy jailbreaks. You will be missed geo, maybe not by them, but by me for sure.
    Good luck in the future

Thanks

Thank you GeoHot for everything you've done for me and my iPhones.
    You've provided elegant to use Jailbreaks for me in the past.

Good Luck and best wishes to you!
    (try not to let these hypocritical, ingrates get you down... Seriously, you don't want people like these on your side anyway.)

- ctrobins

But seriously though .. U guys r hella immature ... Y'all should respect da guy that did so much for the jb community .. I will be missed geo n ur work was appreciated

Thanks

Can you blame the guy? We have so many people wanting the one click jailbreak who have no clue how much work goes into it. They complain like the entire dev community owes them. I say we go back to the command line jailbreaks/unlocks so people have to actually invest some effort in learning.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by soulthoughts View Post
    Can you blame the guy? We have so many people wanting the one click jailbreak who have no clue how much work goes into it. They complain like the entire dev community owes them. I say we go back to the command line jailbreaks/unlocks so people have to actually invest some effort in learning.
    i love that idea. when i unlocked my 2g iphone i had to run a command prompt in terminal! those were the days lol. people would stop trying or expecting if we stopped spoon feeding them
    1.1.1>1.1.2>1.1.4>2.0>2.1>2.2>3.1>3.1.2 blackra1n'd

waitin on my white iphone 4

I agree with Hotz..It is just not challenging enough for him and I also agree with the other thing he said..."it will never stop, after blackra1n, people demand unlock, after blacksn0w, people demand untethered. I miss the days when jailbreaking and unlocking were difficult, it attracted a much higher caliber crowd." Any idiot can jailbreak now! God Bless her...Even my 80 year old grandmother knows what a jailbreak is on the iPhone and in her day calculators where the size of a room! I want command promts again. It made me and my business happier! Also I would hate to be nagged all the time about my next update too. Just want my own life back. I guess "with great power, comes great responsibility" It was something he choose in the beginning and now he wants out. enough said. There are other Devs out there and maybe we will all appreciate them more now! (hint, hint).
    Last edited by reyg25atx; 2010-07-13 at 05:21 PM.

Page 14 of 27 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast