Page 13 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: GeoHot Says GoodBye To The Community

Who cares...looks like planetbeing just unlocked the iPhone 4. I've also heard iOS4.0.1 is available...anyone confirm this?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I respect his decision, and think he's doing the right thing. People are ungrateful and demanding in this group. Everyone want's something for nothing, and they are always willing to let someone else do the work for them. Then, to be bitter for him leaving as well? Here is a bright guy with a great future in front of him. How can I hire this guy for my development team?

GeoHot, you have earned my respect, and I wish you the best. Thank you for all your hard work. This is not the end, it's the beginning of something better.
    -dana-
    tMobile 8GB iPhone 1.1.4

Thanks

If I was releasing a JB and people start demanding after i stated not to ask for a release date then hell ya I would close down shop

4. The Following User Says Thank You to z3r01 For This Useful Post:

ronfin44 (2010-07-13)

Quote Originally Posted by BLADEofthePOPE View Post
    Who cares...looks like planetbeing just unlocked the iPhone 4. I've also heard iOS4.0.1 is available...anyone confirm this?
    I just checked, the upgrade for iOS 4.0.1 is not released.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to JLHardesty For This Useful Post:

BLADEofthePOPE (2010-07-13)

Geo is a genius, whether he has an attitude or not...there is NOBODY here that wouldnt feel the same way if they were being harassed none stop by HUNDREDS of THOUSANDS of people solely interested in leeching off of someone else's hard work.

And if anyone is angry because of his decision its for the same reasons...only seeing what benefits THEY are now going to miss.

I remember the days when the first jailbreak was released...spending hours in front of the computer and endless command-line prompts and instructions. When you actually COULD very easily brick your phone for good. People actually had to WORK for it...not like now where it is packaged up easily enough for a 2-year old AND free...and still people complain. So in that regard, I see his point.

He is a legend for what he has done and what he is capable of doing....dont be angry for his decisions...there is nobody here that has that right.

Just remember the old saying "beggars cant be choosers", unless you also spend countless hours coding and hacking for the benefit of EVERYONE ELSE, you have to respect his stance.

PS- I also find it funny how the majority of the people getting angry are those much newer to the jailbreaking scene...those that have always had it easy and have never had to put fourth the extra effort to began with...its kinda sad.

PPS- Alot of the excitement I get from messing with the iphone or any device, is the challange...doing or accomplishing something new...I enjoyed the effort it used to take to get somewhere. When Ive done all I can or its easy, I get bored. Another reason I also work on the hardware side of the phone and mod it (see my sig links), but thats me, alot of people dont wanna mess with that kind of stuff.
    Last edited by cpjr; 2010-07-13 at 04:44 PM.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to cpjr For This Useful Post:

awesomeSlayer (2010-07-14), Melech518 (2010-07-13), yentrog31 (2010-07-13), z3r01 (2010-07-13)

After his antics with the PS3 I'm glad he's decided to call it a day.

He ruined the OS support for everyone with his "look what I can do" attitude.

Thanks
    Geo Hot I would personally like to thank you for your time and effort along with all of the other individuals and teams who take the time to help so many of us who would not have the ability to use the iphone without AT&T. Please continue to do that which pleases you and once again thank you for the huge amount of support and dedication to the members of this forum.

For the future we all want to JB and unlock our phones (well most of us) but we should not put the type of pressure on these developers as if we are their employers and they have missed a deadline at the 11th hour. What is really insulting is that the same people talking about him use his product, next time before you drive someone off be sure you are able to take his place in helping others with their iPhone.

Good luck in your endevors GeoHot
    Last edited by idealist; 2010-07-13 at 04:45 PM.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to idealist For This Useful Post:

mobilexile (2010-07-13)

"I miss the days when jailbreaking and unlocking were difficult, it attracted a much higher caliber crowd."

+1,000,000

Way too many in the jailbreaking scene now who are full of self entitlement, suffer from short attention span, can't read, can't write, and appreciate nothing.

OMG!!!!!!!!!
    well good luck geo.. thanks for your time and help..

This is a hit for the iPhone scene, but after seeing what he did with the PS3 scene I could care less.

As much as he may seem like an ***, so would you if everyone was ungrateful. He has given so much. He will be missed. Many props to you geo.

Quote Originally Posted by cpjr View Post
    He is a legend for what he has done and what he is capable of doing....dont be angry for his decisions...there is nobody here that has that right.
    Whether he's a legend or a genius or whatever, he's also a total putz. I don't care how easy he made jailbreaking, he's an unpleasant guy and the less we see of him, the better. I'd rather work with a slightly more complicated jailbreak from a nicer person than have to read one more email from an unpleasant d-bag such as George. You can lick his backside all you want, but the fact remains is that the jailbreaking community is going to be a lot nicer without George around.

On the off chance that GeoHot reads this thread I just want to say thanks for all the hard work. Your efforts are appreciated by this user. I'd also like to apologize for the tsunami of bu11shit you've endured as the community has grown. You never deserved to be hounded for your next release, you deserved to be rewarded and thanked.

Wishing you the best in all future projects. No doubt you'll be a success.

Quote Originally Posted by nrfuller View Post
    Whether he's a legend or a genius or whatever, he's also a total putz. I don't care how easy he made jailbreaking, he's an unpleasant guy and the less we see of him, the better. I'd rather work with a slightly more complicated jailbreak from a nicer person than have to read one more email from an unpleasant d-bag such as George. You can lick his backside all you want, but the fact remains is that the jailbreaking community is going to be a lot nicer without George around.

Like I was saying:

PS- I also find it funny how the majority of the people getting angry are those much newer to the jailbreaking scene...those that have always had it easy and have never had to put fourth the extra effort to began with...its kinda sad.
    Get back with me after you contribute something. Ive chatted with Geo quite a bit here and there over the past few years, he's actually a pleasant person to talk to when he's not being jumped on.
    Last edited by cpjr; 2010-07-13 at 04:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nrfuller View Post
    Wow, thanks. You're just the type of person who killed his taste for this community. Ever consider buying a Droid instead?

Can we stop talking about geohot now?

http://twitter.com/planetbeing

the dev team pwned the iPhone 4 without crying, shutting down a blog or twitter, asking for donations or being a prima donna.
    Last edited by eserfeliz; 2010-07-13 at 04:49 PM.

Thanks

Geohot must be singing Drake over

I know way too many people here right now

That I didnít know last year, who the **** are yíall?

I swear it feels like the last few nights

We been everywhere and back

But I just canít remember it all

What am I doiní? What am I doiní?

Oh, yeah, thatís right, Iím doiní me

Iím doin me

Iím liviní life right now, mayne

And this what Iíma do ítil itís over

ĎTil itís over

But itís far from overÖ..

If people don't stop buggin soon they'll drive the whole dev team away

Quote Originally Posted by sergioakakobe View Post
    Good Riddance,

You Wont Be Missed!
    ditto, dont come back, the dev team has us covered.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to iPhone3G[S] For This Useful Post:

aqueus (2010-07-13)

Quote Originally Posted by mobilexile View Post
    On the off chance that GeoHot reads this thread
    There is no "off chance."

He's hitting the "reload" button every 10 seconds, I promise you.

This will be the biggest moment of his life, there's no way he's going to miss a second of it.

Page 13 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast