Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: MuscleNerd Now on Final Step of iPhone 4 Unlock

Unlock is good for a year from now when I sell my phone. I'd be happy just with a Jailbreak at this point.

MuscleNerd twitter

Hah @planetbeing has come up with a clever way to defeat the anti-ultrasn0w "tambering" checks in iPhone4 baseband
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Thanks

Can't wait. The unlock should allow me to use my iPad SIM in my iPhone 4 as well.
    160GB iPod Classic
    8GB 2G - Firmware 2.2.1 PWN'D
    8GB 3G - Firmware 3.0 PWN'D
    16GB 3G S - Firmware 3.0 Ra1n'n Purple
    64GB iPad 3G - Spirit'd
    32GB iPhone 4

planetbeing twitter

Looks like I now have an unlocked iPhone 4.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Woot looks like they got the unlock working... hopefully we will see the release soon

My iPhone is a Part of Me headcheese's Avatar
    Thanks

Sooner then later

So if the jailbreak and the unlock are done, all we're waiting for is ios 4.0.1?

Quote Originally Posted by AlecMag View Post
    So if the jailbreak and the unlock are done, all we're waiting for is ios 4.0.1?
    That is up to them, they may or may not wait for iOS 4.0.1. They may do bug testing before they release it as well. I bet we will hear soon what they plan to do.

I don't have an iPhone 4 so I'd prefer they just release it now and I won't update to 4.0.1

You don't have an iPhone 4 but you want them to release the unlock for it now?

Hahahaah. ^^.

I'm so stoked. Nice to wake up to such good news

Quote Originally Posted by AlecMag View Post
    The jailbreak isn't done yet...

Pickett2k: @MuscleNerd just wondering if @comex is waiting for apples 4.0.1 update before releasing jailbreak? just to save me clicking devblog hourly!
    about 6 hours ago via web
    comex: @Pickett2k Probably. I also have to actually finish it.
    about 5 hours ago via Twitterrific in reply to Pickett2k

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    You don't have an iPhone 4 but you want them to release the unlock for it now?
    Not so much the unlock as the jailbreak. I have a 3GS new bootrom stuck on 4.0 so I need the jailbreak.

Edit: wait if the jailbreak isn't done how did they unlock an iPhone 4?

planetbeing (planetbeing) on Twitter
    Now, just the actual release pending. I think another week max. This should be done. We'll see a bunch of unlocked iphone 4's on CL / FleBay. Great work guys!

Quote Originally Posted by didadi View Post
    Now, just the actual release pending. I think another week max. This should be done. We'll see a bunch of unlocked iphone 4's on CL / FleBay. Great work guys!
    Where did you get that post? I do not see that posted on Planetbeing's twitter.

Quote Originally Posted by JLHardesty View Post
    Where did you get that post? I do not see that posted on Planetbeing's twitter.

it wasn't on planetbeings twitter. it was didadi's opinion with regards to the upcoming unlock!

Quote Originally Posted by simes6600 View Post
    it wasn't on planetbeings twitter. it was didadi's opinion with regards to the upcoming unlock!
    AHHH... Sorry I thought he was trying to quote planetbeing... my bad!

What ur talking? its already posted on planetbeing's twitter page.
    Go figure

I am SO ready for this...bought a 3GS (with newer bootrom and already updated to 4.0 official)...need the jailbreak and unlock so I can get my wife up and running...

Come on guys (and great work!!!)

The post is about the unlock for the iPhone 4 which planetbeing and MuscleNerd have now confirmed works and just needs to be packaged up.
    The unlock for the 3GS has been available since the day after iOS 4 was released thanks to Sherif Hashim.
    To use either you need a JB which Comex is working on.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to confucious For This Useful Post:

aguyindallas (2010-07-13)

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast