Page 8 of 29 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: GeoHot Jailbreaks iPhone 4, Says Shove Off

iPhone? More like MyPhone realtimedeath's Avatar
    Thanks

More like a circle jerk.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Wilbourn's Avatar
    Thanks

Yes, people do need to calm down with asking the guys who make it all happen constantly about a release date and any other similar questions. It will come when it comes and when the Dev's feel it is safe for general use.

***BUT***, When guys like GeoHotz release statements that makes it known to the world that he has a Jailbreak method and releases images proving his statement he is only stoking the Jailbreak communities flame. When you release stuff like this, and KNOW everyone is already on the edge of their seats waiting and salivating like a dog over a steak for a release, you bring this upon yourself. Does he really think that doing this will make people stop asking him? In fact it will only make it worse.

If it were me, you bet I'd be annoyed with all the questions but I wouldn't go seeking any more attention by doing what he did only to make it worse and make myself look like a Pr1ck to the whole world who follow my every move. If you didn't want the attention then he shouldn't have released it and should had kept it to himself and in the end, ignore twitter and its countless narcissistic mindless drones (you know which ones I'm talking about so not referring to everyone on twitter).
    Last edited by Wilbourn; 2010-07-10 at 09:52 PM.
    You see that "Thanks!" button? It likes it when you click it!

iPhone? More like MyPhone yentrog31's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by one1 View Post
    Personally I'd like to see Geohot continue working on the PS3 hack and ignore the iphone entirely for a year just so show these ungrateful little mouthy 14 year olds what happens when you demand something that is GIVEN to you and can be taken away in the blink of an eye.
    well no wonder I can't get thru//thought I was conversing/texting w/ adults...been wasting my time on "nerd-alerts"...funny how all these GEOHOT bashers have used his blackra1n before...see Ticko and Dizzy714..also funny how they have no response.
    "It takes a rare thing, a turning point, to free oneself from any obsession. Be it prejudice or hate, or, even love"

lol why put the pictures up if you dont want any questions that crazy you folks want it damn LBJ jr....
    AJ

Music is what feelings sound like....

Actually if you look at the twitter messages on some" of the people they reply to (when annoyed), you will see where all this resentment comes from. I've seen this one guy who in the span of 2 hours asked him about 10 times on "When JB release?" "Are you working on it?" "I don't think you can" etc etc

6. The Following User Says Thank You to tnsai For This Useful Post:

realtimedeath (2010-07-10)

I don't blame him one bit for saying anything about how annoyed he is with people constantly pestering him about an iPhone 4 jailbreak. As the article says, when it's released, MMi will be all over it like white-on-rice.

<rant> The people who are likely pestering him are the tards that really shouldn't be jailbreaking a phone in the first place because they don't have a ruddy clue about what they're doing. It's those very same tards that flame the message boards asking for help to do this or do that when a simple search query will yield the results and the answers they seek. So, to those tards out there, be patient and let the bloody man work already! To everyone else that is patiently waiting like myself, good game. Patience is something that this world needs a whole lot more of, and if it takes GeoHot holding back on a release to teach that lesson, then so be it. On a side note, if he's holding out for Apple to release iOS 4.0.1, then props to him too because we all know how few and far between injection holes are, no sense wasting one that Apple will only go behind and fill if we don't have to. If you needed jailbreak that badly, then you shouldn't have got the phone the second it came out. </rant>

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TsukiakariUsagi For This Useful Post:

Daegan (2010-07-11), tecpunk64 (2010-07-10), texan (2010-07-10), yentrog31 (2010-07-10)

Quote Originally Posted by Wilbourn View Post
    ***BUT***, When guys like GeoHotz release statements that makes it known to the world that he has a Jailbreak method and releases images proving his statement he is only stoking the Jailbreak communities flame. When you release stuff like this, and KNOW everyone is already on the edge of their seats waiting and salivating like a dog over a steak for a release, you bring this upon yourself. Does he really think that doing this will make people stop asking him? In fact it will only make it worse.
    But without his pictures. Everyone would "claim" he was Full Of Crap. You know the old saying "Pics or STFU". I guess he's just showing proof that yeah a JB for iphone 4 does exist. I dont think he was intentionally adding fuel to his already built flame. I think he was just showing proof that is IS done. So to tell evryone to sit back and STFU, lets play chess with Apple.

Quote Originally Posted by LastSonOfKrypton View Post
    I didn't mean it like that. I'm just saying. It's GeoHot, he has no reason to fake it. He can jailbreak anything whenever he wants if he wants to put in the time.

Let's face it. He cracked the PS3 after years of people trying...His reputation speaks for it's self.

Ya but he dosent have to be a ****** about it afterwards... Also remember he caused otherOS to go away, and then said that he was going to give a hack and didnt.... he dosent need to tell people, get the attention and then not give it to them.... i could care less about the ps3 otherOS... i know he dosent work for any of us, but he does all of this for the attention... or else why would he post a pic of a jailbroken iphone 4 and tell people u cant have it? so people can bother him more? The dev-team dosent work for any of us eaither but they dont have an ego like george hotz does.... they show us a pic and keep posting about it, but are never rude to anyone or never show an ego and release it when they say they will.

George Hotz dosent owe anyone anything... but he dosent need to be waving around pics of something someone wants and then not want the attention when people start asking....

Green Apple
    Thanks

Dont release anything. Geohot says stick with stock from now on

Quote Originally Posted by l0k0 View Post
    But without his pictures. Everyone would "claim" he was Full Of Crap. You know the old saying "Pics or STFU". I guess he's just showing proof that yeah a JB for iphone 4 does exist. I dont think he was intentionally adding fuel to his already built flame. I think he was just showing proof that is IS done. So to tell evryone to sit back and STFU, lets play chess with Apple.
    Yes he was.... he said the same thing for the ps3 when it was his fault otherOS was gone.... i mean i could care less for the ps3 but he did fuel it to make people think he was awesome..... He is full of crap, because hes full of ego.... Im not saying that he dosent have a jailbreak, but by showing a pic of it and saying he wont ever release it isnt saying that he does... it makes people think what if he is full of crap...

why post the screenshot, or a new blog post if u dont like the attention.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Raptors For This Useful Post:

alectra82 (2010-07-10), xxzone (2010-07-10)

Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nrfuller View Post
    Frankly I'm tired of hearing about this guy. Why doesn't he just go away already? If he's not happy with people asking about jailbreaks, all he has to do is close down his site, change his cool "tag" and disappear.
    Or people could just act a bit civil. Sadly you can't expect that anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by nrfuller View Post
    At this point that would probably be for the best, because no matter how brilliant he is, he sounds like a bit of a putz. He may be talented but rest assured, someone else out there will jailbreak iOS 4. When this guy goes away, someone else will take his place, I guarantee it. At this stage of the game, I think it would be best for the entire jailbreaking community if "geohot" just slunk back to his batcave and retired.
    Why would it be better for the community?

Quote Originally Posted by Jahooba View Post
    Well, forget that little punk kid. He's certainly showing his age.
    Clear, concise and to the point. Nicely done!

Quote Originally Posted by Jahooba View Post
    I'm going to head over to his website and ask him when the new jailbreak is coming, and then ask him how to jailbreak an iPhone 2G.
    Crap, diahrea of the mouth again!

Quote Originally Posted by Carrbone View Post
    Im caught wondering why cydia doesnt display either that he has a pending request, the blob on file or the question to do so....
    makes me think bullshlt.
    Yeah, MuscleNerd's screenshot didn't show any of that either. Is he lying too?

Quote Originally Posted by brotherbond007 View Post
    I could care a less at this point who puts out a JB. GeoHot is arrogant. Period. Why show us how bored he has been? And then say don't bother me. What an A-Hole. Apple knows, the devs will crack their phone. Not an issue. I just get tired of the I am the best wait for me crap. The only reason I need a JB at this point is for swapcameraroll and a way to use FaceTime on 3G.
    Wow, thats all you need the jailbreak for? Two things, bud:

1) You're that upset/bothered/annoyed by Geohot even though you only need the jailbreak for 2 capabilities, one of which is brand new (thus his prior actions can't apply to it)?

2) You are totally under utilizing your phone if that's all you need from a jb.

Quote Originally Posted by jacobthejokester View Post
    I bet its easier to take snapshot of cydia on a jailbroken iphone, send it to an iphone 4, and open the pic with photos.app than to jailbreak the iphone 4.
    A jailbroken iPhone would have to be a 3G or 3GS and have at least 3.1.3 shsh blobs on file which would show on Cydia. (Okay, maybe not if he used Tiny Umbrella but we're not going to split hairs)

Quote Originally Posted by TsukiakariUsagi View Post
    I don't blame him one bit for saying anything about how annoyed he is with people constantly pestering him about an iPhone 4 jailbreak. As the article says, when it's released, MMi will be all over it like white-on-rice.

<rant> The people who are likely pestering him are the tards that really shouldn't be jailbreaking a phone in the first place because they don't have a ruddy clue about what they're doing. It's those very same tards that flame the message boards asking for help to do this or do that when a simple search query will yield the results and the answers they seek. So, to those tards out there, be patient and let the bloody man work already! To everyone else that is patiently waiting like myself, good game. Patience is something that this world needs a whole lot more of, and if it takes GeoHot holding back on a release to teach that lesson, then so be it. On a side note, if he's holding out for Apple to release iOS 4.0.1, then props to him too because we all know how few and far between injection holes are, no sense wasting one that Apple will only go behind and fill if we don't have to. If you needed jailbreak that badly, then you shouldn't have got the phone the second it came out. </rant>

Yes i agree, but he does bring it upon himself.... if he dosent want the attention then dont release a picture or tell people that he has one... its like the ps3 it was his fault the otherOS thing was gone and then he said he was gonna release a hack for it and brought lots of attention on himself then didnt... i dont care about otherOS or the ps3 but theres an example..

Thanks

Wow really? Geo posts that screenshot of his phone jailbroken and then tells us to stfu and wait for the release... thats pretty messed up. We all know all the guys are working hard but dont jailbreak your own device and show it off under our noses that you have successfully done it when we already know the iphone 4 can be jailbroken even before your post. Why would you post that if your sick of people asking about the jailbreak, when you rub it in our face like that.

Also it really isnt fair that Apple isnt releasing its update for the iphone with the antenna issues, people paid for there iphones, fix our phones. Release the update!!!
    Last edited by moscowpride; 2010-07-10 at 10:08 PM.

Also if he dosent want the attention then dont show a picture... and if you do dont tell people that they cant have it because if he wanted to prove that he can jailbreak the iphone 4 then he shoudnt say that people cant have it because that just says hes full of crap.... it makes people think did he just put a screenshot of cydia on his iphone 4?

Quote Originally Posted by aimetti View Post
    True ******bag.

Musclenerd and comex is where my respect goes to. As well as the rest of the dev team.

This kid is nothing but a little punk stoking his giant inflated ego.
    Exactly.

He's probably one of those scrawny gingers still living in his mom's basement....no offense to scrawny gingers who live in their mom's basement...

My iPhone is a Part of Me thevmax's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Dangling Annoyance
    Quote Originally Posted by phoneline View Post
    almost as bad as lebron. Thanks king geo. When should we expect your hour long tv special to talk about when/if you'll release this? :d

i respect the guy, and what he's done. But seriously, he expects to post something like this and then not have people nag him on it? Then don't post it, enjoy your phone.

As said many times, the people that do this stuff, don't owe it to anyone. But if your going to dangle it in front of everyone's faces and say look what i did and you can't have it, then expect the backlash. If a great uproar is not what he's looking for, then while he may have a lot of computer smarts, he might need more social interaction.
    well said.....

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

This guy needs to get out more...and not just for some wwdc...

No iPhone 4, so IDC, but he's just acting like a bish...

All the other devs never act like this lmao...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Li-ion View Post
    Exactly.

He's probably one of those scrawny gingers still living in his mom's basement....no offense to scrawny gingers who live in their mom's basement...
    lol, good stuff

iPhone? More like MyPhone KingRedmer's Avatar
    Thanks

@paganizonda83
    ..shut..up
    I don't know why people think it's their role in life to answer everyone's questions, but at least put it to good use. This is nothing more than a thread complaining about GeoHot. At least spend your time helping others with your answers. All you did was use up almost a whole mobile page of responses to rant. Oh....wait. Oops

Page 8 of 29 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast