Page 7 of 29 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: GeoHot Jailbreaks iPhone 4, Says Shove Off

My iPhone 4 finally shipped this morning. It's going to be hard to stick with my 3GS until the jailbreak is released. Damn me and my dependence on iBlacklist! Nevertheless, patience is key.

Also, thanks to everyone working on these tools; you guys rock!
    Isnít it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?
    -- Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by yentrog31 View Post
    but if you don't like hearing anything(good or bad) about GEOHOT as per your post why not just bypass the thread?
    Um you might consider taking your own advice, friend.

I was actually sharing my opinion about the geohot issue. All you did was chime in to suggest I not bother doing that.

Not too helpful.

Got anything to say about the actual geohot issue?

Or are you just here to tell people to go away if they don't agree with you?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by frail1 View Post
    i just like how people freak out and ***** and call geohot names, meanwhile the dev team lets you know they have a jailbreak that works too that they aren't releasing yet and nobody says a thing. personally i think they do all the work so they can do whatever they want with it but how about you show everyone the same level of respect or disrespect?
    It's called you get the respect you deserve and you get the respect you show others.

iPhone? More like MyPhone yentrog31's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzy714 View Post
    I'd slap this dude in the mouth, an he wouldn't do nothin' - what a piece of sh-t.
    how come?..you have used blackra1n rite?

and gave it high regards in your earlier posts.
    "It takes a rare thing, a turning point, to free oneself from any obsession. Be it prejudice or hate, or, even love"

I dont think he should release it anytime soon. I think he should play the waiting game with Apple. In a sense, so show that the JBers have the upper hand. The longer he waits, the more money Apple will lose. Alot of people will be bringing their Isuck 4's back to Apple within the 30days for a full refund. After enough people bring back theirs devices, i bet Apple will then release their software update. Apple cant afford to wait an eternity, as they JBers can. The JBers have nothing to lose (the the moment), yet in this picture the JBers have gained everything. Apple is only shooting themselves in the foot at the moment. Geo is only doing exactly what he knows its going to take to forces Apple to release this so called (reception fix) for an update, LMAO. But in the long run tons of Isuck 4 owners are going to be upset that Apples software update didnt fix their reception issue. Ahh but atleast it'll be JBn.

Why doesnt Apple just hire Geo to design a REAL PHONE. And stop playing the pissing game with him? So far, he has won all of those matches.

Thanks

im on both sides here i do agree maybe you should read the posts on mmi before going tweet crazy on the guy and he is a tool that craves attention, if u got something then release it. my props go to the dev team if they say they got it then it will be out in a few as always with them.
    Quote Originally Posted by ??????
    Hi. Does anyone know is iBlacklist available in the app store? can it only be purchased outside the app store? If so, is it hard to install? Thanks everyone.

Long story short: we don't need geohot. There's another geohot just around the corner. Hopefully he'll be a little less of a putz than the previous geohot. I'd rather go for a year without an iphone 4 jailbreak than hear any more from this guy. Thanks for the hard work thus far, hope you enjoyed the donations, but please, go away now.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to nrfuller For This Useful Post:

texan (2010-07-10)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by l0k0 View Post
    I dont think he should release it anytime soon. I think he should play the waiting game with Apple. In a sense, so show that the JBers have the upper hand. The longer he waits, the more money Apple will lose. Alot of people will be bringing their Isuck 4's back to Apple within the 30days for a full refund. After enough people bring back theirs devices, i bet Apple will then release their software update. Apple cant afford to wait an eternity, as they JBers can. The JBers have nothing to lose (the the moment), yet in this picture the JBers have gained everything. Apple is only shooting themselves in the foot at the moment. Geo is only doing exactly what he knows its going to take to forces Apple to release this so called (reception fix) for an update, LMAO. But in the long run tons of Isuck 4 owners are going to be upset that Apples software update didnt fix their reception issue. Ahh but atleast it'll be JBn.

Why doesnt Apple just hire Geo to design a REAL PHONE. And stop playing the pissing game with him? So far, he has won all of those matches.
    I love how you keep calling the iPhone 4 isuck4. The funny thing is that you are loving your mytouch 3G or droid or whatever phone you have right?

Please tell me just one good reason why apple would want him to design a phone? Jailbreaking an OS and designing a whole OS, let alone a whole phone, is very much different.
    Last edited by skj8100; 2010-07-10 at 09:29 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nrfuller View Post
    Um you might consider taking your own advice, friend.

I was actually sharing my opinion about the geohot issue. All you did was chime in to suggest I not bother doing that.

Not too helpful.

Got anything to say about the actual geohot issue?

Or are you just here to tell people to go away if they don't agree with you?
    I am reading and enjoying all posts...pro and con..I make a response ...makes for a lively discussion...but you sir and here are your opening words(Originally Posted by nrfuller
    Frankly I'm tired of hearing about this guy. Why doesn't he just go away already?)

if your tired of hearing about this guy and wish him to go away...why would you post on a thread titled Geohot?

surely you are opinionated about this guy or you would not have posted numerous times.

so for somebody who is tired of GEOHOT you sure must read every post and respond..I have a feeling you are a bit curious about this fellow!....
    "It takes a rare thing, a turning point, to free oneself from any obsession. Be it prejudice or hate, or, even love"

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Salival View Post
    )He is smart guy and if he does not want to relase it I respect.
    obviously smarter than you

also you dont see the dev team putting pictures of themselves in their jailbreaks giving us all the stank lip
    Last edited by ecd5000; 2010-07-10 at 09:33 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ??????
    Hi. Does anyone know is iBlacklist available in the app store? can it only be purchased outside the app store? If so, is it hard to install? Thanks everyone.

Same as usual, Lots of talk and bragging from Geohot, but in the end it will be the hard working fellas at Dev team and their friends that will come up with the goods. We get it Geohot, your brilliant (not being sarcastic) and i appreciate your earlier contibutions (which I donated in appreciation) but we don't need to hear it all the time. Especially if your not going to deliver.

From an outsiders perspective I bet this whole "geohot" situation looks pretty strange.

Everyone should move on, and learn to not upgrade so quickly. My 2cents.

well i just have to say that this 20 yr/old kid has an ego the size of steve jobs telling his customers to hold his brand new product a different way. Alright dude we get it youre tired of ******s tweeting to you to release a jailbreak...people wouldnt harass you if you didnt brag about what others cant have and rub it in peoples noses. first you ask for 10,000 dollars to release an unlock because you think youre the only one that knows anything now you show of youre iphone4 with cydia saying you will never release a tool to do this. you know what i say ...id rather have my phone stock from apple than jailbreak with any tool he produces. Whoever he thinks he is he needs to be taken down a peg or two just because people bother your PUBLIC twitter account with a barrage of messages about releasing a tool you brag about being able to do in your sleep maybe you should just release it and people wont bother you...omg is it that simple no....it isnt because he has to feed his ego for a month or so before he will say oh no people arent paying attention to me anymore let me release my tool now...i have a tool for you George Hotz...its called my **** and you can suck it anytime...and even if you release a jailbreak in 5 minutes for my amazing iphone 4 i will not use it cus ur such a ******...intratnetz 4 za w1nz u l337 h0m0

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ticko For This Useful Post:

bobright (2010-07-10), texan (2010-07-10)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RonHC View Post
    **** Yes
    oh wait he's a jerk
    He is better off just saying "a few weeks" it worked for Apple
    If he's such a jerk maybe you should get off your *** and develop your own jailbreak, and that goes for anyone else who's complaining about having to wait for the iPhone 4 to be jailroken. These people have real jobs and their own lives to live, you should be eternally grateful that they're spending ANY time developing a jailbreak for you, because they are all already jailbroken, it's only out of the kindness of their hearts that they're working on bringing it to you.

TL;DR
    Learn to have some god damn respect.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Luppin For This Useful Post:

Landslideclothing (2010-07-12)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,175 Times in 724 Posts

Personally I'd like to see Geohot continue working on the PS3 hack and ignore the iphone entirely for a year just so show these ungrateful little mouthy 14 year olds what happens when you demand something that is GIVEN to you and can be taken away in the blink of an eye.

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to one1 For This Useful Post:

awesomeSlayer (2010-07-10), Daegan (2010-07-11), yentrog31 (2010-07-10)

Wow the 'sense of entitlement" in this thread. If I was Geohot I'd not release just to see some of you cheetos guzzling geeks screaming "WE DESERVE THE JB!!" in your parent's basements. Some of the folks here are right.. If the devs don't say if the are working on anything, they still get thousands of people asking if they are.. if they say, we are working on it.. we get idiots saying "this is taking too long" and when they say "we are close to releasing ".. you still get people who say.. "pls hurry, i need the JB" etc etc etc... You know what people? Maybe next time if you are so hard-up for a JB.. wait till a JB is freaking out, then get it or something.. otherwise.. wait :P

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ticko View Post
    well i just have to say that this 20 yr/old kid has an ego the size of steve jobs telling his customers to hold his brand new product a different way. Alright dude we get it youre tired of ******s tweeting to you to release a jailbreak...people wouldnt harass you if you didnt brag about what others cant have and rub it in peoples noses. first you ask for 10,000 dollars to release an unlock because you think youre the only one that knows anything now you show of youre iphone4 with cydia saying you will never release a tool to do this. you know what i say ...id rather have my phone stock from apple than jailbreak with any tool he produces. Whoever he thinks he is he needs to be taken down a peg or two just because people bother your PUBLIC twitter account with a barrage of messages about releasing a tool you brag about being able to do in your sleep maybe you should just release it and people wont bother you...omg is it that simple no....it isnt because he has to feed his ego for a month or so before he will say oh no people arent paying attention to me anymore let me release my tool now...i have a tool for you George Hotz...its called my **** and you can suck it anytime...and even if you release a jailbreak in 5 minutes for my amazing iphone 4 i will not use it cus ur such a ******...intratnetz 4 za w1nz u l337 h0m0
    Dude....somebody has stolen your user name..cause here's a post from a Ticko from Sept last yr.

{I already thanked your twitter geo but ill thank you here too..btw first time using any of geohotz products right here and REALLY IMPRESSED with the speed of the jailbreak compared to redsn0w }

you better hurry and notify a mod quick!

Quote Originally Posted by Ticko View Post
    Haha I have to fully agree with this post. Dev team is full of class, this guy is a certified attention wh0re!

Quote Originally Posted by one1 View Post
    Personally I'd like to see Geohot continue working on the PS3 hack and ignore the iphone entirely for a year just so show these ungrateful little mouthy 14 year olds what happens when you demand something that is GIVEN to you and can be taken away in the blink of an eye.
    AMEN!!!!!!

+100,000

PS3 is well worth the hacking. Where as that Isuck 4 just isnt worth giving my Nokia up for LMAO.

Quote Originally Posted by seven77 View Post
    everyone is waiting for everyones first move ! LOL

Once the international iphone 4 its release maybe we'll see something !
    It's like a good old fashioned stand off! lol

Page 7 of 29 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast