Page 5 of 29 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: GeoHot Jailbreaks iPhone 4, Says Shove Off

If he us so good why to afraid of apple new firmware 4.0.1 he should show to apple iam good why to be afraid iam releasig new jailbreak and unock for 3gs. And 4g iPhone let them chalange me man

Default And you're surprised?
    If you bought an iPhone 4 with the intention of jailbreaking it, you knew how the game works. I was sitting pretty with my old bootrom jailbroken and unlocked 3GS until I upgraded to iOS4. iBluenova stopped working, PDAnet stopped working and GV Mobile - well, you get the idea. Long story short, I decided if I really wanted a phone with working bluetooth, tethering, 3G (on T-Mo), the ability to watch licensed YouTube content, and Google Voice support, I'd have to switch to Android.

I'm not trying to be an Android fanboy here, and I've been using an iPhone since the 2G was unlocked. It's just that with the iPhone, you either use it by Apple's rules or you're reliant on hackers who release fixes when they feel like it/if ever. If you don't like being taunted by Frodo, switch to Froyo!

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gotanmp3 For This Useful Post:

Jahooba (2010-07-10), texan (2010-07-10)

Quote Originally Posted by sanjeev2 View Post
    if he us so good why to afraid of apple new firmware 4.0.1 he should show to apple iam good why to be afraid iam releasig new jailbreak and unock for 3gs. And 4g iphone let them chalange me man
    what?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to punjabi212 For This Useful Post:

realtimedeath (2010-07-10)

I could care less if he releases his garbage. His breaks were riddled with flaws anyways. Pwnage tool iz the only way.

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rmathew_99 View Post
    Let him keep his little JB. He is a jerk.
    Perhaps you'll be the next genius to release a jailbreak for the iPhone 4 then? I dont see how he is a jerk. Technically he doesnt have to give you or anybody else anything that HE came up with, even if people donate. Its ridiculous how people either b*tch and moan about not having something that they cant come up with or they try to buy off people with money when the dev is doing it for a greater good.

Jailbreak Nazi "No jailbreak for you!"

What he fails to realize is he is hurting other developers too. Those that released their apps on cydia and rock are missing out as well.
    Hopefully something happens soon but patience is a virtue

9. The Following User Says Thank You to c1ockwerk For This Useful Post:

Daegan (2010-07-10)

iPhone? More like MyPhone yentrog31's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by punjabi212 View Post
    what?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
    what?..u don't speak Sanjeev?

I agree about LBJ but YOU are kinda biased huh?

I lived In JH Queens so I can relate but the "queen" isn't clutch and he is a coward..IMHO.
    "It takes a rare thing, a turning point, to free oneself from any obsession. Be it prejudice or hate, or, even love"

Well, forget that little punk kid. He's certainly showing his age.

I'm going to head over to his website and ask him when the new jailbreak is coming, and then ask him how to jailbreak an iPhone 2G.
    Last edited by Jahooba; 2010-07-10 at 08:05 PM.

This guy is pure genius! I admire his punk *****$

Though i would punch his nerdy *** if u saw him on the street.

"give me your friggin jailbreak you little punk!!" something like that.
    Last edited by MIKE DUB; 2010-07-10 at 08:04 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I dont understand why we cant all just be happy and stop playing these waiting games, apple got our hard earned money when we bought the iphone 4, the person who releases the Jailbreak is going make some too when thousands of people donate, and once the release is out everyone will stop bugging about it!!

Why is everyone hating on geohot? You do realize that none of the other people that claim they have a jailbreak have released it either right!? So are you talking trash about them to? Might as well be! Geo will probably release it before all these other losers just out of spite for them. If not o well no one else has released yet
    it either.

Quote Originally Posted by yentrog31 View Post
    what?..u don't speak Sanjeev?

I agree about LBJ but YOU are kinda biased huh?

I lived In JH Queens so I can relate but the "queen" isn't clutch and he is a coward..IMHO.
    He gave my Knicks a false hope. I for once want to go to the Garden to actually see the Knicks play, not the other team/players lol.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to punjabi212 For This Useful Post:

yentrog31 (2010-07-10)

Comex is the man, so i say lets bother geohot and leave comex alone, he is working hard and i can see him releasing something briliant in the next 365 days so geo when is the release day? He is mad cause his antena is shitty

Frankly I'm tired of hearing about this guy. Why doesn't he just go away already? If he's not happy with people asking about jailbreaks, all he has to do is close down his site, change his cool "tag" and disappear. At this point that would probably be for the best, because no matter how brilliant he is, he sounds like a bit of a putz. He may be talented but rest assured, someone else out there will jailbreak iOS 4. When this guy goes away, someone else will take his place, I guarantee it. At this stage of the game, I think it would be best for the entire jailbreaking community if "geohot" just slunk back to his batcave and retired. I'm tired of hearing about the guy and even more tired of hearing about how tired he is. If he wants to be left alone- then I think it's time he left. I can promise him that if he just leaves already, no one will ever pester him again.

19. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nrfuller For This Useful Post:

aappster (2010-07-11), Imsorussian (2010-07-10), skj8100 (2010-07-10), texan (2010-07-10)

iPhone? More like MyPhone frail1's Avatar
    Thanks

i just like how people freak out and ***** and call geohot names, meanwhile the dev team lets you know they have a jailbreak that works too that they aren't releasing yet and nobody says a thing. personally i think they do all the work so they can do whatever they want with it but how about you show everyone the same level of respect or disrespect?

21. The Following User Says Thank You to frail1 For This Useful Post:

mortopher (2010-07-10)

Quote Originally Posted by PhoneLine View Post
    Almost as bad as LeBron. Thanks King Geo. When should we expect your hour long TV special to talk about when/if you'll release this?

I respect the guy, and what he's done. But seriously, he expects to post something like this and then not have people nag him on it? Then don't post it, enjoy your phone.

As said many times, the people that do this stuff, don't owe it to anyone. But if your going to dangle it in front of everyone's faces and say look what I did and you can't have it, then expect the backlash. If a great uproar is not what he's looking for, then while he may have a lot of computer smarts, he might need more social interaction.
    LMMFAO!!! Funny & True!

Patience is a virtue my friends...

CHR!S

iPhone? More like MyPhone realtimedeath's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by c1ockwerk View Post
    Jailbreak Nazi "No jailbreak for you!"

What he fails to realize is he is hurting other developers too. Those that released their apps on cydia and rock are missing out as well.
    Hopefully something happens soon but patience is a virtue
    Dude there's still more iPhone 3G (s) and itouches out their that these devs u say are being held back can and still are flourishing with. Also I would think that some select app devs are in touch with geo , planet, etc.. all these guys who create the jb tools to coordinate efforts. also props to saurik for all he does as well.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to realtimedeath For This Useful Post:

yentrog31 (2010-07-10)

If he is using a tactic to thwart Apple then I say good work.

However, if this little chip looking MF is saying "dont bother me...etc." about a jailbreak just to tease us, to that sir I say get a life. If technology didn't exist you would have nothing to do, you are 100% straight up nerd. Why would you show people that you can jailbreak and then be like "naw naw, just jokes"? I hope there is a method behind this madness or else...why even bother showing us?

Of course people will ask him, and always will be this situation, when update come in people ask where is JB, when JB go public, people want unlock )He is smart guy and if he does not want to relase it I respect.

iPhone? More like MyPhone yentrog31's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nrfuller View Post
    Frankly I'm tired of hearing about this guy. Why doesn't he just go away already? If he's not happy with people asking about jailbreaks, all he has to do is close down his site, change his cool "tag" and disappear. At this point that would probably be for the best, because no matter how brilliant he is, he sounds like a bit of a putz. He may be talented but rest assured, someone else out there will jailbreak iOS 4. When this guy goes away, someone else will take his place, I guarantee it. At this stage of the game, I think it would be best for the entire jailbreaking community if "geohot" just slunk back to his batcave and retired. I'm tired of hearing about the guy and even more tired of hearing about how tired he is. If he wants to be left alone- then I think it's time he left. I can promise him that if he just leaves already, no one will ever pester him again.
    or(and this a bit easier) anytime you see a tag line like this(GeoHot Jailbreaks iPhone 4, Says Shove Off)

ignore the post.
    "It takes a rare thing, a turning point, to free oneself from any obsession. Be it prejudice or hate, or, even love"

28. The Following User Says Thank You to yentrog31 For This Useful Post:

mortopher (2010-07-10)

Page 5 of 29 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast