Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: GeoHot Jailbreaks iPhone 4, Says Shove Off

iPhone? More like MyPhone kingchkn's Avatar
    Thanks

So Lebron unseeds Tiger in the self importance category and now Lebron gets kicked to the curb by this kid.

If you got it, release it. If Apple is that concerned about then they really have their priorities messed up and the class action suit should stand.

Both sides are causing more of an issue to the consumer and in the end the JB should just be made available and then let Apple decide if a patch is needed and in the meantime let those people chose whether to upgrade or JB.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to kingchkn For This Useful Post:

skj8100 (2010-07-10)

Seriously? Dude, seriously?

I can totally understand why it annoys him. Although, he put himself in a position that leaves many to rely on him. If he doesn't want people bothering him perhaps he could just go off the grid. You can't post a picture of Cydia on the iPhone 4 & expect people not to question it. ???

I can't believe how many of u are still on his nuts.

No one is discrediting how much work the devs do and how annoying it must be to constantly hear the complaining.

What I can't stand is this retard thinking he's god, bit**ing about the questions people are bound to ask, and then inflating his ego further by posting pics that will just ad more fuel to the fire.

If he is so busy with his personal life how about he just goes away for good and stop posting this crap. He's past line of pathetic now.

The wait continues.. Hopefully within a few weeks

I would pay 300 bucks for a iPhone 4 jailbreak right now! Lol

"The Chuck Bass of Theming" k.nitsua's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,217 Times in 2,596 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by socalkevin212 View Post
    My personal opinion? Smart tactic by Geohot to give Apple the impression that a release is still far out. This may (if the rumors are true) make Apple release iOS 4.0.1 sooner rather than "wait for the jailbreak."
    ^agreed

Ok Apple we made the first move, now it's time for you to release the update. Even if the Geo did release the jailbreak it would probably only last for a couple of weeks until 4.0.1

My iPhone is a Part of Me PhoneLine's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cocheese View Post
    wow guys if a jailbreak means that much to you where you would be pissed off @ geo for taking his time and hopefully enjoying his personal life, you do it! you jailbreak iphone 4, spend your life trying to give out your hard work for free, and quit complaining about free stuff!!! thats why it's free!!
    Let him do whatever he wants. He can give up working with anything electronic and become Amish for all I could care. And then he'd probably tell them he invented something better then the wheel, but they can't have it.

For me personally, I find this all amusing. Every time I bought a new iPhone or have installed a new firmware, I knew the option of it not being jailbreakable was there. And I'm fine with that. I see the jailbreak as a great thing, and while it can be done, awesome. When the day comes that it can't, oh well.

The point is simply, why brag about something that you know is going to get people riled up, if you claim you don't want to be bugged about it? There's an old saying. Actions speak louder then words. This is a perfect case of that.

Don't go out there and dangle food in front of staving people and then claim to get upset when they attack you or start begging for food.

When there's a jailbreak out, great, I'll use it. If its in 2 days, 2 weeks, or 2 months. And even if there never is, I'm still a happy iPhone user. But I'm not going to be one of the ones that praise and beg this kid when its simple that's what he really wants.

Imagine what would happen, if he posted saying he jailbroke the iphone and no one did reply or beg him for a release? The poor guy would probably have a breakdown and be sent to Shutter Island.

Geohot is ghey.

i live like 15 minutes from the guy. i'm gonna go to his house and steal his iphone 4 and ransom it for the release LOL jkjk

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PhoneLine View Post
    Hmm, next time you take a pic from your ipod and put it in the phone, you might want to photoshop where it says IPOD up top
    hahaha epic fail!!!!!

honestly, not enough credit is given to the dev team for the hard work they put into making a reliable, free, and easy jailbreak for iphones. geohot isnt the only person who is going to produce a jailbreak for the iphone 4. people need to understand that the jailbreak will be released when he is ready, there is no need to bombard the guy with dumb questions. but all im saying is that people should show the dev team some respect for the hard work and long long hours they put in for us trying to produce a jailbreak.

f**k this kid.

this is nothing more than how any other industry works. demand. others choose to speak kindly or ignore the static. he should be happy there is a demand for his skill. it's been his choice to be available to receive such "annoying" comments.

he's wearing his age/experience on his sleeve. my advice: grow up. his day in the spotlight will not last forever.
    Last edited by severe; 2010-07-10 at 07:34 PM.

honestly, I can understand why he'd be annoyed, but if that's the real reason he doesn't want to release, he's a jerk, plain and simple. Don't go to the hassle of jailbreaking, showing everyone, and then hot carl all over us. Especially if people are willing to donate.

If he's really just waiting for an update, he didn't need to say that.

It's one thing to get out of the game, it's another to be a ***** about it.

iPhone? More like MyPhone realtimedeath's Avatar
    Thanks

Because this **** is chess it's not checkers. A silly as line about apple winning this one would appear to be just what u said a hope they would release an update earlier. But being a little more savvy he can lull apple in. I mean u think the guy is just gonna give up on the best iPhone yet. He's been at this forever. And apple knows this too. If this was a play on his part against apple. I say he played well. Yea some of u out their are pissed at his comments or whatever. Also everything I just said could be bull also.

This thread is a FAIL!!!

iPhone? More like MyPhone yentrog31's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Home Skillet View Post
    I'm glad he did this. He doesn't owe this to anyone. People need to stop bugging him.
    bravo...my 1st JB was blackra1n....and I'ved loved my 3GS ever since..donated $10 and will do the same next time....he does NOT owe anybody anywhere anything..if you like his work..great..if not....use somebody else...simple!
    "It takes a rare thing, a turning point, to free oneself from any obsession. Be it prejudice or hate, or, even love"

iPhone? More like MyPhone realtimedeath's Avatar
    Thanks

I'd think it would be freaking funny as feces if he never releases it. I would love to have it, but just to stick it to the u say "few people who asked him a simple question". When in reality he got thousands of the same question. Who wouldn't get annoyed. 

Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by severe View Post
    f**k this kid.
    Quote Originally Posted by severe View Post
    he's wearing his age/experience on his sleeve.
    Ironic? Nah, just stupid.

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mortopher For This Useful Post:

Daegan (2010-07-10), realtimedeath (2010-07-10)

Thanks

I'd be damn annoyed if people kept asking me when it would be released, too.
    Asking for help is different from being stupid. Fanboys can rot in @#$%!

Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast