Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1826272829 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: GeoHot Jailbreaks iPhone 4, Says Shove Off

Quote Originally Posted by QuinnNebula View Post
    they released the 4.0.1 like we all know now. So geohot can keep his jailbreak no there is almost no use for it anymore
    There never was any 'point' to it other than to show us he'd done it. Like he said, Comex will release when the time is right, he would not have done so before if he was going to release.

Quote Originally Posted by z3r01 View Post
    Once again, everyone talks so much crap about geohot. All ur hate comments about him will definitely reverse once he decides to release something...then when he does I'm gonna go to his blog and go thru the countless pages of people saying "thanks" , look for your name and call u out! Like hey, wasn't u talking crap awhile ago??
    You are assuming he will be drawn back. With all the hate I think he might just move on to other things. As with all hackers, he did it for fun, if it's not fun he'll move on to something that is.
    I'm hoping his massive ego will drag him back next time the BB is updated and the Dev Team give it a miss (they usually only unlock every other BB).
    I hope he returns but with the abuse he gets I'm fairly certain I wouldn't if I was him.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to confucious For This Useful Post:

mr.sparky (2010-07-18), stlcaddie (2010-07-17)

Thanks

^^agreed

Once again, everyone talks so much crap about geohot. All ur hate comments about him will definitely reverse once he decides to release something...then when he does I'm gonna go to his blog and go thru the countless pages of people saying "thanks" , look for your name and call u out! Like hey, wasn't u talking crap awhile ago??
    Really? What will that prove other than you have waaay too much free time? And it still won't change the fact that he acted foolishly.

Should everyone not flee from the wrath to come, what's the quickest way off of your call out list? I can hardly sleep.

The Saviour bade His auditors "Fear Him, which after He hath killed, hath power to cast into Hell; yea, I say unto you. Fear Him" (Luke 12:5).

Thanks

That would prove that he isn't the only selfish person in the world....time in my hands? Of course not , but it wouldn't be hard to do such a thing since everybody talks trash would be the same ones u would find on his blogs and stand out....like you....

How can u call someone who doesn't work for you , nor owes u anything foolish at that...
    Last edited by z3r01; 2010-07-17 at 07:39 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

How can u call someone who doesn't work for you , nor owes u anything foolish at that...
    Are you sniffing glue, man?

The comment was made with regard to how he handled himself.
    Last edited by severe; 2010-07-17 at 07:46 PM. Reason: xtra ****

Thanks

He handled himself in a manner where he was constantly annoyed by the ignorance of people and lost motivation to continue to deliver products to a generation of people starving for piracy...which only concern themselves for supply...whoever has it...and if u don't they bash u..not understanding what u have supplied before. Behaviour is completely justifiable. Especially since his motives weren't about wealth but a hobby

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to z3r01 For This Useful Post:

AHH (2010-07-17), mortopher (2010-07-18)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

He left and we still post because we care why?

If you don't know then you obviously don't know GeoHot
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

My iPhone is a Part of Me area51crypto's Avatar
    Thanks

[quote=paganizonda83;5338296]Here is the entire post in question.

When do you give a gift with the expectations of receiving something in return? (Unless you're giving it to a hot girl, but that's for another discussion lol)

Typically for charitable purposes and/or to benefit a cause./QUOTE]

If the claim is that you were donating to the jailbreak cause, then you were donating to a cause that was never announced to be in the works to begin with. Why would someone make a donation on the assumption that the money will be applied to a specific cause or purpose at a later date? Because Geohot never said he was going to work on a release for jailbreaking the iPhone 4, one can deduce that your donation was of the charitable type and therefor you are not entitled to anything in return for it.

"Who IS the moron now" would be the correct wordage.

As I said, I am four years sober.

I believe I have fulfilled your instruction of addressing the post in its entirety.
    A donation is a gift given by physical or legal persons, typically for charitable purposes and/or to benefit a cause.

As I said you need to quote all of it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A lot more than 4 years for me as I never needed that crutch!
    Last edited by area51crypto; 2010-07-18 at 01:29 AM. Reason: Spelling

Quote Originally Posted by area51crypto View Post
    All these sober people!

Another glass of wine for me, I think.

Thanks

This thread is still alive?!
    Asking for help is different from being stupid. Fanboys can rot in @#$%!

Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

[quote=area51crypto;5349915]
    Quote Originally Posted by paganizonda83 View Post
    Here is the entire post in question.

When do you give a gift with the expectations of receiving something in return? (Unless you're giving it to a hot girl, but that's for another discussion lol)

A donation is a gift given by physical or legal persons, typically for charitable purposes and/or to benefit a cause.

As I said you need to quote all of it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So how does that extended definition support your argument anyways?

Good to hear you've never had a drink. Seriously.

My iPhone is a Part of Me area51crypto's Avatar
    Thanks

[quote=paganizonda83;5350064]

So how does that extended definition support your argument anyways?

Good to hear you've never had a drink. Seriously.

The donation's he took was for his work in jailbreaking software which was a cause!

When he decided to not give out the jailbreak he bragged on so much he should have then quit taking donations and told everybody no more donations!

I bet he is still taking donations!

As far as the never had a drink, yes I have had a drink before and still do ever once in a while, I just never needed to use it in excess to hide from reality! Seriously!

Same thing! You are given it for something in return in the Future, whether in an hour or two or longer!
    Last edited by area51crypto; 2010-07-18 at 03:54 AM.

I'd have to agree that's kind of dirty.

Thanks

[quote=area51crypto;5350098]
    Quote Originally Posted by paganizonda83 View Post

The donation's he took was for his work in jailbreaking software which was a cause!

When he decided to not give out the jailbreak he bragged on so much he should have then quit taking donations and told everybody no more donations!

I bet he is still taking donations!

As far as the never had a drink, yes I have had a drink before and still do ever once in a while, I just never needed to use it in excess to hide from reality! Seriously!

Same thing! You are given it for something in return in the Future, whether in an hour or two or longer!
    He never asked for donations for any upcoming projects. The blackra1n program even said "If this was the fastest and easiest jailbreak you've ever used then please donate via paypal" or something along those lines. Instead, he only ever mentioned donations for work he had already done for the community. A great example of this that blackra1n.com has a paypal donations button on it yet limera1n.com which has never been released does not have any donations information on it.

George never once stated that he was working on a releasable jailbreak for the iPhone 4, let alone sought out donations for such a jailbreak. Just because people donated to him in hopes of him releasing a future jailbreak does not make him responsible for "refunding" those donations.

I'm done discussing the drinking part here. If you want to continue that you are more than welcome to pm me.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mortopher For This Useful Post:

AHH (2010-07-18), mr.sparky (2010-07-18)

Livin the iPhone Life mr.sparky's Avatar
    Thanks

[QUOTE=paganizonda83;5350345]
    I'm done discussing the drinking part here. If you want to continue that you are more than welcome to pm me.
    "WE pratice these principles in all our affairs"

Thanks

Die thread die!!!!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mr.sparky View Post
    "WE pratice these principles in all our affairs"

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

die thread die!!!!!
    burn this thread with fire!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks

Die thread die!!!!!
    Then close it.

Great...I'm making it worse.
    Asking for help is different from being stupid. Fanboys can rot in @#$%!

Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1826272829 LastLast