Page 20 of 29 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: GeoHot Jailbreaks iPhone 4, Says Shove Off

Quote Originally Posted by l-awstraljan View Post
    First off, good job to GeoHot if he really has jailbroken iPhone 4, kid has talent.
    Though it wouldn't surprise me if the kid has been contacted by Apple, not to release the jailbreak, and maybe even hand it over to them so they can find the exploit and close the hole. Money can persuade anyone. Im sure Apply would be happy to pay him a lot more than what he earns in donations.

Hopefully I'm wrong but hey who knows?
    Were you around when GeoHot was offered $10,000 not to release his unlock for 3.1.2? Yeah he turned down $10,000 and released it. Apple isn't going to shell out that much to keep a jailbreak quiet for a little while longer.

Even if they did, someone is going to discover the exploit sooner or later and it's going to go public.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to LastSonOfKrypton For This Useful Post:

johnnie_jr243 (2010-07-11)

Quote Originally Posted by Showstopper1969 View Post
    You take checks?! =)
    Nope. Only cash and it has to all in one dollar bills.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Lord...,,
    Why all thr attention to geohot? Lets leave him alone like he suppossidly wants. He is loving the 2something pages of bs about him. Let him fall of the radar. No more talk of George H

Default its always the A holes ruining it for us.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Matthews View Post
    He is also just plain annoyed with the masses of people constantly barraging with one single question "hey man when are you going to release a jailbreak I want the Cydia that give the apps that give me the total power I can donate $5 when is it released" Says GeoHot: "As far as a release goes, it probably won't happen from me."
    I for one as much as I'd like it right now could not agree with his position more.
    I use to develop software and most 97% of people are un appreciative and complainers.
    which ruins it for the few good people "Good Work Geo" and thanks for your past hard work too!
    too bad theirs no way to develop software that leaves the A-hole complainer "With Out" and the good guy with it.

I'll say it one more time "THANKS AGAIN FOR YOUR HARD WORK GEO"

2 cents.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to The.Sniper For This Useful Post:

ctrobins (2010-07-11)

iPhone? More like MyPhone l-awstraljan's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    Im never the one to be hard-headed so looks like I'm wrong.

Hopefully the kid releases his jailbreak, and learn a lesson in not posting it publicly that he has JBn the i4. If he doesnt want the attention, shouldnt do it. If he does want the attention, dont learn a lesson and do it again!

And again, good work George Hotz

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

My only comment on the matter is that it is a little foolish to publicly complain that people are nagging you while at the same time pointing out that you have what they want but just don't want t give it. Right... that is definitely going to get them to stop. If you REALLY want to drop off the face of the earth, just do it. Stop updating, stop working on jailbreaks (and announcing them publicly). JUST STOP! That is all it will really take from him. It isn't like he has the paparazzi following him around and taking pics of his private life. Everything we know about his work HE has provided! Am I happy for the work he has done? Hell yeah! But he is either completely ignorant to the way people on the interwebs work (doubt that) or he doesn't truly want to step out from under the spot-lite like he claims.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Geohut is a moron! he dont have anything, hes just trying to get attention. Dumb little kid, stop photoshoping photos in your mommies basement and clean up your room! it dont matter if hes got anything cause apple will just release 4.0.1, the biggest think modmyi and you guys should keep it hush hush. but geohut can hug my baws

geohot is certainly not a moron and if he says he has a JB then not many people are foolish enough to doubt him.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Thanks

GeoHot, you ROCK!

I appreciate your effort to create a jailbreak for iPhone 4. You do not owe ANYTHING to any of these unappreciative pricks who are spewing sh*t because they want you to 'give' them something for nothing. I wouldn't blame you if you just said "F*** It.... Build your own G** damn Jailbreak you f***ing ingrates." It shocks me to see how many of these a-holes are questioning your efforts or motivation.

... WILL YOU PEOPLE PLEASE JUST SHUT UP AND LET THE MAN WORK!.... IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT.... BUILD YOUR OWN!!!!

I for one, do not have the knowledge or the skill to do it myself!!! Could any of you people do it? Of course not!

GeoHot, Please disregard these hypocrites and succeed in your own time, in your own way. Best of luck to you.
    Last edited by ctrobins; 2010-07-11 at 06:31 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

ctrobins tell us how you really feel.

Thanks

I can't believe I wasted my time reading this whole thread. At least it was good for a few laughs.

Somebody's gonna release a jb eventually, and ******** about it isn't gonna make it happen any faster. It'll happen when it happens. If people are gonna ***** and complain, then maybe they should make a jb themselves.

Everyone should be grateful that there are people working on jailbreaks, and that jailbreaks have even been released in the past. Any other phones I can think of are crippled and locked by their manufacturers and/or carriers. iPhone owners should be happy that there are people out there working hard to give others freedom with their iDevices.
    Please hit the Thanks Button if I've helped you out or if you agree with my post.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to tamaysz For This Useful Post:

richie112 (2010-07-11)

LOl

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Firstly, I respect what GeoHot has done for us in the past but as many others have said... If he doesn't want to be bothered then don't post saying the sh*t he did! I'm still waiting patiently, but from reading what he twitted it just seems like he is bragging and likes watching us simple people suffer.

Quote Originally Posted by tamaysz View Post
    I can't believe I wasted my time reading this whole thread. At least it was good for a few laughs.

Somebody's gonna release a jb eventually, and ******** about it isn't gonna make it happen any faster. It'll happen when it happens. If people are gonna ***** and complain, then maybe they should make a jb themselves.

Everyone should be grateful that there are people working on jailbreaks, and that jailbreaks have even been released in the past. Any other phones I can think of are crippled and locked by their manufacturers and/or carriers. iPhone owners should be happy that there are people out there working hard to give others freedom with their iDevices.
    I don't think it's a question of Whether or not people are grateful. I think everyone Is. But I think we just feel a little verbally T-bagged...

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by z3r01 View Post
    Ok let's get our G-mones down a notch and not go into insults people , let's keep it G-vilized
    Im on page 17 and your posts keep me reading this thread. Thanks man lol

Guys I wanted to ask something that might seem basic to some of you...

Could someone please list the reason as to why Geohot as not been persecuted for his primary involvement in the jailbreaking scene.

From a user side one may argue that they are among thousands, rendering them a mere speck of the problem.

But for one like Geohot, who everyone identifies as the primary figure of jealbreaking, it would be difficult to escape the legal eyes of Apple and authorities.

So how then, is he not in jail?

Again, I may be missing some key aspect that would simply explains this to me, and that is why I am asking you kind gentlemen (and ladies of course).

Jailbreaking is not illegal. What could they prosecute him for?
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to confucious For This Useful Post:

mortopher (2010-07-11)

Ok so ummmmmmmmmmmmmmm when's the jailbreak being released? LoL

Drinks the Kool Aid Captinsmooth's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by unoimkll View Post
    Guys I wanted to ask something that might seem basic to some of you...

Could someone please list the reason as to why Geohot as not been persecuted for his primary involvement in the jailbreaking scene.

From a user side one may argue that they are among thousands, rendering them a mere speck of the problem.

But for one like Geohot, who everyone identifies as the primary figure of jealbreaking, it would be difficult to escape the legal eyes of Apple and authorities.

So how then, is he not in jail?

Again, I may be missing some key aspect that would simply explains this to me, and that is why I am asking you kind gentlemen (and ladies of course).
    The people that create jailbreaks are not using apples software in an infringement style. They create software to exploit loopholes that is in apples software so that a third party software may be used/injected on the Idevices. I think they are very careful on not using any of apples code in the software they release, just to avoid copyright infringement issues.
    There for no laws are being broken.
    This post infers no rights and is provided as is.

Click here to follow me on twitter

If ur serious, send it my way please.
    Thanks

Page 20 of 29 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast