Page 18 of 29 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: GeoHot Jailbreaks iPhone 4, Says Shove Off

Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Raptors View Post
    time to close this 23-Paged thread about pointless whining and crying? YES YES I think so
    Quote Originally Posted by Melech518 View Post
    It has been a long time since I have read 23 pages of a thread but this takes the cake. What is with all of you guys fighting over a picture??

Get a life, stop complaining about a free service, and wait like good boys and girls.
    I've always wondered but until now have never asked... why do you guys keep the posts per page at the default? I can't stand the low post counts websited show by default, not just MMI.

I could never understand it for a while how people were talking about something on page like 18 yet i'd look on my monitor and there'd be only like 7 pages.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Forget about it, return your phones and go droid and never worry about this again

iPhone? More like MyPhone stereosympathy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by brahby View Post
    I have to agree with this. If the point was to deter Apple why not just post a blog that says "been trying to jailbreak this one for a while, Apple seems to have won". That would mislead them into thinking even GeoHot was unable to break and then they push out the new firmware and the JB is released. This smells a lot like what happened with the ps3 exploit that didnt end up going anywhere besides removing my option to install other OS
    Does anyone truly believe that apple is delaying a release of their ios update because there hasn't been a jailbreak released yet? With the massive majority of iPhones in their factory state and the general publics lack of knowledge about how to jailbreak in the first place, I would have to say that apples concern is to propely fix any bugs in ios 4 and release the update, regardless of what the jailbreak community is up to.

Gives thanks...Do you?

Thanks

After going to his blog and reading what people have been saying, I don't blame him! So many people think that he owes them just because he can do it. If I ever have the ability to own a Dodge Viper, that doesn't mean I owe you one too. Man I would put out as many photos of my Jailbroken phone as possible just to piss people off.

"Look here. I did something that people are foaming at the mouth to have and Are annoying the **** out of me to try and make possible. And now that I've said I hate people annoying the **** out of me I'll show you something that will cause hundreds to do exactly what I hate. Then I'll complain about people bugging me about a jailbreak. So here it is, and I'll probably not release it to anyone. And nobody bother me about what I just showed you because it's annoying when you ask if I'll release it."

Really? Seriously? You can't piss and moan about something if you put forth the concentrated effort to do something that YOU KNOW will cause it to happen. It's called shooting yourself in the foot George. And whining about causing your own pain shows your immaturity.

Personally I think his pissy attitude if hilarious since he causes his own problem with this. I guess when you're as immature as he is it makes perfect sense.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Indeed.

George mu$t n0t rea1i2e [email protected] n0 0ne carez.

I deal with little self-centered punks like this every day. He's spending daddies money and pissing and moaning to get attention. Too bad for such an intelligent guy, he's still a baby punk inside! Keep your JB. I'm on ATT and don't ned it until someone else comes out with a JB that doesn't feel like the entire community owes them the world!

Quote Originally Posted by 0blivious View Post
    Indeed.

George mu n0t rea1i2e [email protected] n0 0ne carez.
    Yeah, no one cares.

Kinda like no one cares a new iPhone came out a couple weeks ago.

Everyone cares, don't get it twisted.

Quote Originally Posted by Slimz View Post
    Yeah, no one cares.

Kinda like no one cares a new iPhone came out a couple weeks ago.

Everyone cares, don't get it twisted.
    U see u still have it twisted. Alot of us can careless IF a new Isuck 4 came out a few weeks ago. Because the older Iphone seems to work alot better with less hassle. Oh and did we mention that the reception on the Iphone is alot better than the reception on the Isuck 4.

It just depends on how u look at it, as to whether or not you care. For now, we're sitting back waiting on iOS FIVE to be JB. Because those of us on a real Iphone already have iOS 4 JBn and unlocked. So who cares if the JB for an Isuck 4 even comes to surface. Not like anyone needs a JB on a useless phone anyways. And not like a JB is gonna fix a reception issue, LMAO

3gs iOS 4 jailbroken and unlocked (FOR THE WIN)....Dont worry about it Geo, we're not hating on you.

probably just a photo he opened

Why should HE release it anyway? There is already a different jailbreak that uses a different exploit. If Geohot releases his iboot exploit, then apple will make a new boot rom, and future iPhone 4's will suffer prematurely. Like after week 40 of the 3GS. The longer he holds out on that, the better it will be for the whole community. So if Comex has a Spirit type of jailbreak, might as well just use that, till apple updates, and all the crazyness starts all over again.... At least I have my 4.0 SHSH's saved with firmware umbrella for my iPhone 4, so I should be good

13. The Following User Says Thank You to jaminmc For This Useful Post:

mortopher (2010-07-11)

Quote Originally Posted by PhoneLine View Post
    Almost as bad as LeBron. Thanks King Geo. When should we expect your hour long TV special to talk about when/if you'll release this?

I respect the guy, and what he's done. But seriously, he expects to post something like this and then not have people nag him on it? Then don't post it, enjoy your phone.

As said many times, the people that do this stuff, don't owe it to anyone. But if your going to dangle it in front of everyone's faces and say look what I did and you can't have it, then expect the backlash. If a great uproar is not what he's looking for, then while he may have a lot of computer smarts, he might need more social interaction.
    Very well said, My gosh I have been waiting to JB my Iphone 4 and the were fact that he or anyone is bragging that he did it, but doesnt share, his fame, is like ??WTF???

Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rexblancett View Post
    I deal with little self-centered punks like this every day. He's spending daddies money and pissing and moaning to get attention. Too bad for such an intelligent guy, he's still a baby punk inside! Keep your JB. I'm on ATT and don't ned it until someone else comes out with a JB that doesn't feel like the entire community owes them the world!
    He's got a decent bit of his own money. Let's not make claims regarding stuff you know nothing about.

Quote Originally Posted by l0k0 View Post
    U see u still have it twisted. Alot of us can careless IF a new Isuck 4 came out a few weeks ago. Because the older Iphone seems to work alot better with less hassle. Oh and did we mention that the reception on the Iphone is alot better than the reception on the Isuck 4.

It just depends on how u look at it, as to whether or not you care. For now, we're sitting back waiting on iOS FIVE to be JB. Because those of us on a real Iphone already have iOS 4 JBn and unlocked. So who cares if the JB for an Isuck 4 even comes to surface. Not like anyone needs a JB on a useless phone anyways. And not like a JB is gonna fix a reception issue, LMAO

3gs iOS 4 jailbroken and unlocked (FOR THE WIN)....Dont worry about it Geo, we're not hating on you.
    How do you figure? I have no issues with the signal on my iPhone 4. I still have my 3GS as well and it does get worse reception than my iPhone 4.

Seeing as you are unlocked, are you on T-Mobile?

Quote Originally Posted by sendertimes View Post
    Very well said, My gosh I have been waiting to JB my Iphone 4 and the were fact that he or anyone is bragging that he did it, but doesnt share, his fame, is like ??WTF???
    Please read the post directly above yours.

who can blame him for not wanting to release it. he gets no benefit from it and if its released theyll just make another firmware update and then you gotta do the process all over again.

but then again if you dont want people asking for a release and all that ******** why the fu&k would you post a pic lol -__-

It's funny seeing someone call the iPhone 4 the "iSuck" since they don't have it lol. Idiot. I like my JB 3GS too, but it pales in comparison to my iPhone 4. The End.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Luppin View Post
    If he's such a jerk maybe you should get off your *** and develop your own jailbreak, and that goes for anyone else who's complaining about having to wait for the iPhone 4 to be jailroken. These people have real jobs and their own lives to live, you should be eternally grateful that they're spending ANY time developing a jailbreak for you, because they are all already jailbroken, it's only out of the kindness of their hearts that they're working on bringing it to you.

TL;DR
    Learn to have some god damn respect.
    I too think he's "a jerk/full of himself", not so much because he wont release it, but just his attitude in general.."look what I have and what I can do!" Oh, and although I know this is what everyone wants more than anything, STOP and DON'T even think about asking for it cause I wont release it! "Im a "GOD" and your NOTHING"... Its that/this kind of mentality/attitude that really shows his (lack of) maturity; and in my opinion, just makes the Dev Team that much more favorable. Go Comex, Muscle Nerd & Planet Being and the rest of the guys who's names I should probably know, but dont!

I respect the "work/talent" of Geohot, but have zero ability to understand his arrogance... I guess I need to remember what its like to be 19 again. Maybe when he grows up, he'll get over himself...lol.
    Last edited by Aber1Kanobee; 2010-07-11 at 08:42 AM.

Thanks

geohot ... thanks for the memories mate! you have done some terrific work and we all appreciate it. Enjoy the phone as thats what it's all about and we will all await the dev team / comex release/s.

All the best for the future.

iPhone? More like MyPhone badass1469's Avatar
    Thanks

i don't care if the jb is tomorrow or net month or even 2 months, all i want to know is if there will actually be a release on this.

Quote Originally Posted by KartRacer View Post
    "Look here. I did something that people are foaming at the mouth to have and Are annoying the **** out of me to try and make possible. And now that I've said I hate people annoying the **** out of me I'll show you something that will cause hundreds to do exactly what I hate. Then I'll complain about people bugging me about a jailbreak. So here it is, and I'll probably not release it to anyone. And nobody bother me about what I just showed you because it's annoying when you ask if I'll release it."

Really? Seriously? You can't piss and moan about something if you put forth the concentrated effort to do something that YOU KNOW will cause it to happen. It's called shooting yourself in the foot George. And whining about causing your own pain shows your immaturity.

Personally I think his pissy attitude if hilarious since he causes his own problem with this. I guess when you're as immature as he is it makes perfect sense.
    if you hate him so much gtfo and don't download his jb when it comes out , don't be so hypocritical.

Quote Originally Posted by Aber1Kanobee View Post
    I too think he's "a jerk/full of himself", not so much because he wont release it, but just his attitude in general.."look what I have and what I can do!" Oh, and although I know this is what everyone wants more than anything, STOP and DON'T even think about asking for it cause I wont release it! "Im a "GOD" and your NOTHING"... Its that/this kind of mentality/attitude that really shows his (lack of) maturity; and in my opinion, just makes the Dev Team that much more favorable. Go Comex, Muscle Nerd & Planet Being and the rest of the guys who's names I should probably know, but dont!

I respect the "work/talent" of Geohot, but have zero ability to understand his arrogance... I guess I need to remember what its like to be 19 again. Maybe when he grows up, he'll get over himself...lol.
    put it like this, if he can do something that you cant and that skill that he has is wanted by everyone, then he is better then you. You have nothing to offer he does, which proves my point again.
    Last edited by badass1469; 2010-07-11 at 08:59 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    damn drug dealers, and there jailbroken iPhones... ____ Hit the thanks if you think i suck

Geohot is an a-hole!!!! Cocky irrogant punk. Keep your jailbreak.

Page 18 of 29 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast