Page 15 of 29 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: GeoHot Jailbreaks iPhone 4, Says Shove Off

iPhone? More like MyPhone back9player's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by awesomeiPod View Post
    Really?

Not that it matters considering his statement, but I guess you guys are to smart to realize that the sig doesn't show up in the mobile browser version of this site...

Nice one champ...

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nicoand View Post
    cant understand why some one like GeoHot would do something like this not nice mate you now peaple are waiting for this why say As far as a release goes, it probably won't happen from me then why show it then keep it to your self GeoHot it does not look good for your image cheers
    Can I get some punctuation?

Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KingRedmer View Post
    @paganizonda83
    ..shut..up
    I don't know why people think it's their role in life to answer everyone's questions, but at least put it to good use. This is nothing more than a thread complaining about GeoHot. At least spend your time helping others with your answers. All you did was use up almost a whole mobile page of responses to rant. Oh....wait. Oops
    I haven't complained about him once this entire thread, nor have multiple others.

Umm, I chose to point out where people were wrong in their opinions. That's frowned upon by you? Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by z3r01 View Post
    It's funny how his life existed before the iPhone...he doesn't need anyone that isn't giving him money to pay his bills...are u paying him ?
    If he existed before the iphone, he'll exist after he goes away.

He's got a lot of mouthpieces like yourself fighting his battles for him, but I don't hear much from george besides whining.

If he wants out, he's out.

Many folks want him gone every bit as much as he wants to go.

We'll miss his wonderful photos of his alleged jailbreaks, but I think we'll get over it.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by back9player View Post
    Respect what? Childish behavior? Are you serious? Wow...

So what.. You've been here the longest, whoopie!!!! Want a gold star for that? It doesn't meant jack sh**.

it's actually kinda pathetic to be making such frivolous claims on yourself on a topic that is not about you. Lmao...

You were salivating at the chance to tell me about your dev team street cred, hahaha... Somehow you worked it in there...

You mod a forum for free and you obsess with your big fish, small pond nonsense.... Get a life bro.

Now back to the subject at hand. Geohot deserves all the dumb questions. I hope he get even more for bragging.
    Seeing as how I don't recall him ever referencing said "street cred" in the year and a half I've been visiting this site, I highly doubt that he was salivating at the opportunity to school you on his credentials.

What it DOES mean is that I'd be willing to bet dollars to donuts he'll have his iPhone 4 jailbroken long before you do. Chew on that a bit.

Cute name by the way

My iPhone is a Part of Me kuhndsn's Avatar
    Thanks

Not so much of a teammate when he only brags about his skills and refuses to play..

I wonder how he would react if everybody simply ignored his posts. Probably complain about how nobody cares for his "genius" or hard work..
    I am sure it would be flipped. I never used his code. I have always waited for the dev team to release. I have never had an issue with their code. So staying true to what works for me... Ill use them again... :-)

Quote Originally Posted by nrfuller View Post

Many folks want him gone every bit as much as he wants to go.
    Far, far more want him to stay.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nrfuller View Post
    He's got a lot of mouthpieces like yourself fighting his battles for him, but I don't hear much from george besides whining.
    Watch your mouth! Take step back! Never talk back at a mod!

Don't I have to say this...
    Winning an argument is like winning in the Special Olympics.
    THE END!
    Asking for help is different from being stupid. Fanboys can rot in @#$%!

Drinks the Kool Aid Captinsmooth's Avatar
    Thanks

This post infers no rights and is provided as is.

Click here to follow me on twitter

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by paganizonda83 View Post
    I haven't complained about him once this entire thread, nor have multiple others.

Umm, I chose to point out where people were wrong in their opinions. That's frowned upon by you? Sorry.
    I think a lot gets miss understood when trying to express in a forum. The start of this was from the original news post. It seems like lately some of the modmyi writers are turning into a CNN or a FOX news style reporting (are they wagging the dog? lmao). its amazing what a little twist on words can do to spark that middle line in people to start an argument. I mean really was this post even needed? We all know that there is a JB out there and some are playing the wait game with the big Apple. Heck there are even people out there with their iPhone 4's JB. I know a few in Germany. Just like all JB's previous to 4.0 they leak out thru friends and we all know what that is like with the power of e-mail...

Can someone explain to me why it makes sense to show that you have done something but not explain or share how it was done? I think its immaturity. Total Ego trip.

Santa Claus, Theme Creator santaf's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,472 Times in 1,107 Posts

rable rable rable rable rable rable rable rable rable rable rable rable rable rable rable rable rable rable rable rable rable rable rable rable rable rable rable rable rable rable rable rable rable rable rable rable rable rable rable rable rable rable rable rable rable rable rable rable

peas and carrots peas and carrots peas and carrots peas and carrots peas and carrots peas and carrots peas and carrots peas and carrots peas and carrots peas and carrots peas and carrots peas and carrots peas and carrots peas and carrots peas and carrots peas and carrots

Thanks

^lmao

OM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM!!! SHOOP DA WOOP!
    Asking for help is different from being stupid. Fanboys can rot in @#$%!

i love lamp. and paganizonda83's tits

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Can someone tell me how to jailbreak my iPhone 4?
    Have they released the jailbreak in the app store yet?

Quote Originally Posted by ianbroste View Post
    ask GeoHotz he's releasing the JB to the first 100 people who ask

Thanks

lmao

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bobright View Post
    Well because he wants attention, period.

Poor guy must live a boring life.

Edit: and I can care less when the JB is released.
    Pay attention to the things he does, Bob. You can learn bits and pieces of it here and there. He does some pretty fun stuff, especially if you're a computer/tech fan.

Quote Originally Posted by caveman95 View Post
    how about reverse psychology. "Hey, GeoHotz DON'T release your JB!"
    At least one of your posts got a chuckle from me.

Quote Originally Posted by iTouch-Warrior View Post
    I really believe he doesn't have a jailbreak and if he does, he won't release it. He's the mother of all arrogance, not to mention: it's not the first time he'd let us down...I'm still waiting for his famous untethered 3.1.3 jb...

If he doesn't want people asking, well he should just keep stuff to himself until he "is ready" to make it public. He flashes that huge "I hate people for asking release dates and I'm annoyed" flag...but has he stopped to think that most of us are annoyed by him?... I rather wait for the Dev-Team or Comex...
    There is no reason for him to release the 3.1.3 untethered jailbreak. Comex already took care of that situation with Spirit. Why would Geohot release an additional jailbreak for the same thing thereby exposing another exploit to Apple? Doing so would be complete nonsense. There is no reason to ever release 2 jailbreaks for the same OS version just for shits and giggles.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoneLine View Post
    Me personally? I can't say I've done anything for the jailbreak community, but I've been a member of the New York City Police Dept for about 3 years now, and I do know of the things that I have done in my life, that have helped people much more then any phone hack ever will.
    Way to throw in irrelevant claims. Should we find an ER surgeon or a fireman to come in and donkeypunch you if we're going to start playing the hero card?

Quote Originally Posted by Captinsmooth View Post
    I agree with 99% of your post. My issue is not with him not releasing it or waiting to release it for whatever reason he deems suitable. It is the fact that he makes these announcements and then has the audacity to tell people not to ask questions. Surely he is not that inept to realize the course that his actions will take. If he did not want to be bothered then why make a public announcement about it?
    The dev team has made multiple posts telling people not to ask for an ETA. Why is there such a doublestandard for the two?

Quote Originally Posted by caveman95 View Post
    'He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.
    '- quoted from confucious's signature
    Seriously? Your sig?

How about me and all yer lil cronies simply ignore the fact that your statement absolutely contradicted your lil sig?

How convenient of us :-)
    That signature doesn't apply to things that are already common knowledge and readily available in the public forum of the internet.

I'm still failing to see why so many people are upset about this and mad at George over the post he made this morning/last night.

As far as a release goes, it probably won't happen from me.
    That's all he said about releasing it. Where is there any justification in that statement to be mad at him for it? It's already announced publicly that Comex will be handling the forthcoming jailbreak.

Regarding asking questions he simply says this:

Again, please don't ask for release dates. Every person that does makes me want to release a little bit less.
    Again, where is there grounds for such frothy hatred? He has no clue on a release date because Comex is handling the jailbreak this time around and therefore he has no current plans of taking his exploit to RC stages or further at this date.

Yes, I can tell you but it will cost you....1billionsmoshmillionzillian dollars.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to isanta For This Useful Post:

realtimedeath (2010-07-11)

Page 15 of 29 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast