Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple May Be Waiting For iPhone 4 Jailbreak to Release iOS 4 Software Update

so apple will start to release +.1 after someone releases a jailbreak?... smart apple.

Thanks

You never know what these fools are up to but it wouldn't surprise me at all if thats what there waiting for they think they rule the universe but they should not rule the Jailbreak!

iPhone? More like MyPhone badass1469's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by itaintrite View Post
    I agree. Time for all iPhone 4 users to write/call Apple to complain.

If Apple were smart, they'd just break something else in the update and then they'd have an excuse to release another update to fix it after JB is out :P Not that they ever need any excuse for a new update (3.1.3).
    ikr lol
    damn drug dealers, and there jailbroken iPhones... ____ Hit the thanks if you think i suck

I don't see why Apple would bother.
    Surely they're not deluded enough to think they can actually win the jailbreak battle.

There's more of us than there are of them, and no matter what they do, sooner or later someone will release a 0.1 jailbreak and the ball will be back in Apple's court.

They can't patch every single exploit, so delaying the signal "fix" now isn't worth the gain of making the iPhone un-jailbreakable again for another few weeks, only for it to be jailbroken again later on.
    Last edited by VitcH; 2010-07-10 at 08:24 AM.

So have the devs release a fake jailbreak/unlock, with code that looks like it was used to make an exploit. Then apple can patch it and release the update. Then have the devs release the real thing. I want to work for apple and their IT dept. Not sure if they would fire me if they saw my iPhone jailbroke and unlocked though. They might hold me down while Steve Jobs updates my firmware. haha.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jahooba View Post
    Interesting if true. But I doubt the 4.0.1 update will be anything big worth patching for.

Jailbreakers aren't dumb, they simply won't update to retain the jailbreak.
    Really? I don't even want to be reminded of all the replys and threads started because people are stupid enough to upgrade and act like these dev's owe them another JB or unlock. It gets annoying and happens after every update comes out

Cool Hello
    Quote Originally Posted by 8r00k1yn8411!n View Post
    I still don't get how a software update can fix a hardware problem?
    it's not a hardware problem-its people with poor reception to begin with, software misrepresenting signal, and end-users improperly holding their phone-all 3 issues being misinterpreted by people who do not have the expertise to properly identify the problem.

My iphone 4 gets better reception than my 3g or 3gs and i live in SF, CA notorious for poor reception.

iPhone 4 is absolutely the best phone/mobile device on the planet.

-dmc

PS as far as jailbreak for iP4, it's coming-these guys work their asses off for free-patience!-before ya piss em off and they keep their jailbreaks to themselves!

Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wickedfx View Post
    So have the devs release a fake jailbreak/unlock, with code that looks like it was used to make an exploit. Then apple can patch it and release the update. Then have the devs release the real thing. I want to work for apple and their IT dept. Not sure if they would fire me if they saw my iPhone jailbroke and unlocked though. They might hold me down while Steve Jobs updates my firmware. haha.
    Right, because Apple would just play along and patch up an exploit that doesn't even exist.

This could be the single dumbest post I have read on these forums. Be proud kiddo, that's no small feat.

On a side note, a while back some of the dev team members were giving a presentation at a hacker/dev conference and mentioned that there were roughly 100 or so regular visitors to their site that came from Apple's ip range.

Thanks

i can't wait to see a software patch fix a hardware problem lol

maybe it is a software problem ...

Quote Originally Posted by davidcarswell View Post
    it's not a hardware problem-
    lol

Quote Originally Posted by davidcarswell View Post
    its [...] end-users improperly holding their phone-
    lol

that's a lot of fail in just one post, david. do not come again.

your misinformation will not be missed.

if this is true I say let them wait :-)

spare me-

What's Jailbreak? DontBplayaHaten's Avatar
    Thanks

On the iPhone: Meh geohot jailbroken iphone 4g

Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DontBplayaHaten View Post
    On the iPhone: Meh geohot jailbroken iphone 4g
    Congrats, you are able to link to something that we already have an entire thread for

Would they risk extending the bad press on the phone just so they can close the loop on JB.

Granted that this upcoming update is a compelling one for them to use as EVERYONE will have to install it or your phone won't work right. Still, they must know that no JB is going to be released for the IP4 until after the update.

My iPhone is a Part of Me area51crypto's Avatar
    Thanks

If Steve Job's and his people think they know more about Jailbreaking than the people who write jailbreak software than I CAN think less of him and I didn't that would be possible!

He be Forrest Gump's twin!

It's just as easy to release another patch just for the jailbreak fix a few days after it is released than to wait as waiting playing with fire with upset customers. This additional jailbreak locks would stop all the new phone from XX date being delivered and bought until another exploit is found.
    I would "guess" the wait is more than just the bars issues, as sure they testing fix and looking for additional ways to improve the phone. to hope to pasafiy many customer and then to have a hardware recall, a recall cost so much profit and all company's dislike doing as nothing wrong even a few deaths in cars before they finally do a recall, at least the iPhone can't kill ya, at least not yet. LOL

MBCMDR

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

The dev team can hold out forever. Apple can't and they won't. We have the control over this situation plain and simple. This is just another BS article that should never have been posted.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CaptainChaos For This Useful Post:

area51crypto (2010-07-10), mortopher (2010-07-10)

Default iphone 4 jb by geohot
    just saw this and he jb his 4 but will not release it.

On the iPhone

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChaos View Post
    The dev team can hold out forever. Apple can't and they won't. We have the control over this situation plain and simple. This is just another BS article that should never have been posted.
    I completely agree. iPhone 4's are flying off the shelf so more and more customers are going to be complaining. Apple will release the update when it's ready. Maybe they're working on a few other iOS4 glitches...who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by Iphone_Reloaded View Post
    just saw this and he jb his 4 but will not release it.

On the iPhone
    Thank you. There's already a thread dedicated to this in the "Member Written iPhone News" section. It doesn't belong in this thread and has nothing to do with Apple withholding firmware in order to close the jailbreak exploit.
    Last edited by LastSonOfKrypton; 2010-07-10 at 05:38 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

22. The Following User Says Thank You to LastSonOfKrypton For This Useful Post:

mortopher (2010-07-10)

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast