Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: The Future of Jailbreaking: New Developments!

Still waiting for 3gs new ibootrom jailbreak and unlock on 4.0

If my 3gs 3.1.3 is Jailbroken by SPIRIT does that mean I have the old Bootrom???

Waiting to donate $ ... Come on jailbreak 4 !!!

Green Apple
    Thanks

yep - hope i can upgrade my $700 ipod touch to an iphone 4 on tmob.... good luck guys.

So while we wait, what's the difference b/n userland and baseband? Someone in the know (and bored) feel like educating a layman?

Green Apple
    Thanks

I need this jailbreak and unlock!! GO hackers GO!!

;-)

This will be for iPod touch 3G (32GB) right? I can't wait to try out iOS 4.

Quote Originally Posted by virtualcappy View Post
    So while we wait, what's the difference b/n userland and baseband? Someone in the know (and bored) feel like educating a layman?
    Userland referes to a kind of exploit. The alternative is a bootrom exploit, which is harder to patch, or so I've heard. Baseband I don't know as much about. I do know that it has something to do with the software for the cellphone. At least I think. Heck, I don't think I have a clue what the baseband is. Have someone else tell you.
    Last edited by numanair; 2010-07-07 at 08:44 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Userland is something that Apple can patch. Bootrom can't be patched as it's hardware. Baseband exploits can be patched which is why an unlock comes out and you need it, it's important not to update firmware right away and wait for a proper pwnagetool release.

My iPhone is a Part of Me iLoveWindows&iPhone's Avatar
    Thanks

Default JB Truth
    Can everyone please start being real?? The MAIN reason most people want a JB is so they can install *********and get all apps and games for free! Just be real!! I can't afford to pay for all these apps and games!! That's the best part of JB... Just admit it! I know most of u (not all of u) feel the same way! We pay $250 for the iPhone4....plus $100 a month to AT&T... Don't know about u, but that doesn't leave much extra money to buy EVERY APP!! Yes there r amazing free JB apps such as SBsettings (can't stop swiping my status bar), but just be real, u really want free apps and games, just like me. WHY WILL NO ONE admit this?? Yes I love JB because it allows me to customize, and unleash the full power of the iPhone...But let's be honest guys, it allows us to all be able to enjoy the same apps people with more $$$ get to enjoy! Flame me if u want.... But u know it's true...even if u won't admit it.
    Last edited by Cer0; 2010-07-07 at 10:26 AM. Reason: Got censored

Thanks
    Thanked 1,182 Times in 915 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by iLoveWindows&iPhone View Post
    Can everyone please start being real?? The MAIN reason most people want a JB is so they can install ********* and get all apps and games for free! Just be real!! I can't afford to pay for all these apps and games!! That's the best part of JB... Just admit it! I know most of u (not all of u) feel the same way! We pay $250 for the iPhone4....plus $100 a month to AT&T... Don't know about u, but that doesn't leave much extra money to buy EVERY APP!! Yes there r amazing free JB apps such as SBsettings (can't stop swiping my status bar), but just be real, u really want free apps and games, just like me. WHY WILL NO ONE admit this?? Yes I love JB because it allows me to customize, and unleash the full power of the iPhone...But let's be honest guys, it allows us to all be able to enjoy the same apps people with more $$$ get to enjoy! Flame me if u want.... But u know it's true...even if u won't admit it.
    Well for starters not everybody does that. I don't jb for stealing stuff. Also your theory on we buy the phone for so much and pay so much a month for service then I paid 20+k for my car I should get free gas. Well nvm I take gas as the monthly fee in the anology. So damnit I should get free parts and service on my car.
    In all honesty there are a lot of honest people out there that understand that this is people's hard work and they deserve to get paid for it.

PS: it was censored for a reason. Recensored.
    Last edited by Cer0; 2010-07-07 at 10:28 AM.
    [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Cer0 For This Useful Post:

Windmeel (2010-07-07)

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Can everyone please start being real?? The MAIN reason most people want a JB is so they can install ********** and get all apps and games for free! Just be real!! I can't afford to pay for all these apps and games!! That's the best part of JB... Just admit it! I know most of u (not all of u) feel the same way! We pay $250 for the iPhone4....plus $100 a month to AT&T... Don't know about u, but that doesn't leave much extra money to buy EVERY APP!! Yes there r amazing free JB apps such as SBsettings (can't stop swiping my status bar), but just be real, u really want free apps and games, just like me. WHY WILL NO ONE admit this?? Yes I love JB because it allows me to customize, and unleash the full power of the iPhone...But let's be honest guys, it allows us to all be able to enjoy the same apps people with more $$$ get to enjoy! Flame me if u want.... But u know it's true...even if u won't admit it.
    You are wrong, I've never bothered with cracked apps. It goes against my principles. Not every one is a cheapskate!!
    Last edited by Cer0; 2010-07-07 at 10:29 AM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me iLoveWindows&iPhone's Avatar
    Thanks

I honestly believe I am correct. I know everyone on this site pretends they don't pirate software, but they just dont want to piss people off. Please, if I am wrong, let me know...perhaps I am the only person who feels this way. And as for calling me a "cheapskate"... That's fine, guess I am, but I dont feel bad about it. I will give a donation to the dev team for a JB because I feel they truly deserve it, and need it much more than EA or other similar developers do.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,182 Times in 915 Posts

We have a thread with this discussion already. Please have a read over there. Will find it in a min.

You are correct that there are people that only jb for that reason but there are still many, many people that are honest and fair.

http://modmyi.com/forums/new-skins-t...cceptable.html = Talk about some views on piracy.
    Last edited by Cer0; 2010-07-07 at 10:47 AM.
    [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

I honestly believe I am correct. I know everyone on this site pretends they don't pirate software, but they just dont want to piss people off. Please, if I am wrong, let me know...perhaps I am the only person who feels this way. And as for calling me a "cheapskate"... That's fine, guess I am, but I dont feel bad about it. I will give a donation to the dev team for a JB because I feel they truly deserve it, and need it much more than EA or other similar developers do.
    Well at least you have the balls to admit it. It would be interesting to know what percentage if jb'ers use cracked apps, probably the majority as you said.

Thanks

I admit it...I stole iSteamy! =(

iPhone? More like MyPhone Niner1000RR's Avatar
    Thanks

Yea I have to say that you're wrong also, I could honestly care less about the apps. I don't really have that many to begin with.

There are a couple games I like and those devs deserve compensation for their hard work!!!!

I JB my phone to be able to customize it, period! Love some of these awesome themes (again I pay for those as well - these people deserve the compensation!).

It upsets me that people talk about Sn0wBreeze in the same thread as real tools. So many people have lost their JB/unlock because of it.

As for donations, Comex accepts them - but donations should always be given as thanks for what has already been done and not as an 'incentive' to work harder or release quicker.

The Dev Team, of course, do not accept donations.

Jailbreaking is to free your device from apples control and is not intended to allow people to steal apps, I wish Apple would concentrate more on stopping thieves and less on trying to stop JBing.

MN and Planetbeing are making good progress along the long and bumpy road to an unlock.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to confucious For This Useful Post:

Broomhead (2010-07-07), Cer0 (2010-07-08), drWidowmaker53 (2010-07-07)

iPhone? More like MyPhone Niner1000RR's Avatar
    Thanks

Yup have to agree! I donated to my last JB dev (which was a different source as I believe this one will be ) so I will do be doing it as a "thanks"

And yea have to agree that is where they should focus!

Green Apple
    Thanks
    3bills for a phone + 75/mo = Im not risking my device to some questionable cracked app. plain and simple. i TRUST the dev team to devise safe and easy methods for jailbreak that, if utilized correctly, grant me MORE opportunity to spend money on my phone. but i sure as HELL aint gonna install some bullshizzle that somebody "cracked"

Formerly Known As rpgpromaster EddieLeonard's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Niner1000RR View Post
    Yea I have to say that you're wrong also, I could honestly care less about the apps. I don't really have that many to begin with.

There are a couple games I like and those devs deserve compensation for their hard work!!!!

I JB my phone to be able to customize it, period! Love some of these awesome themes (again I pay for those as well - these people deserve the compensation!).
    I agree the main reason I jailbreak is because I don't like being told how to use my device I paid 400 for. Even if I only have Cydia on there and never open it it's worth it just to know I can do what I want and when I want to on my own device.

Just my opinion
    Last edited by EddieLeonard; 2010-07-07 at 02:11 PM.

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast