Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 160 of 276

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: The Future of Jailbreaking: New Developments!

  1. #141
    Still waiting for 3gs new ibootrom jailbreak and unlock on 4.0

  2. #142
    If my 3gs 3.1.3 is Jailbroken by SPIRIT does that mean I have the old Bootrom???

  3. #143
    Waiting to donate $ ... Come on jailbreak 4 !!!

  4. #144
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Torrance, CA
    Posts
    81
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 7 Times in 6 Posts

    yep - hope i can upgrade my $700 ipod touch to an iphone 4 on tmob.... good luck guys.

  5. #145
    So while we wait, what's the difference b/n userland and baseband? Someone in the know (and bored) feel like educating a layman?

  6. #146
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Toronto Canada & Kiryat Ono, Israel
    Posts
    38
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts

    I need this jailbreak and unlock!! GO hackers GO!!

    ;-)

  7. #147
    This will be for iPod touch 3G (32GB) right? I can't wait to try out iOS 4.

    Quote Originally Posted by virtualcappy View Post
    So while we wait, what's the difference b/n userland and baseband? Someone in the know (and bored) feel like educating a layman?
    Userland referes to a kind of exploit. The alternative is a bootrom exploit, which is harder to patch, or so I've heard. Baseband I don't know as much about. I do know that it has something to do with the software for the cellphone. At least I think. Heck, I don't think I have a clue what the baseband is. Have someone else tell you.
    Last edited by numanair; 2010-07-07 at 08:44 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  8. #148
    Userland is something that Apple can patch. Bootrom can't be patched as it's hardware. Baseband exploits can be patched which is why an unlock comes out and you need it, it's important not to update firmware right away and wait for a proper pwnagetool release.

  9. #149
    My iPhone is a Part of Me iLoveWindows&iPhone's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    595
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 51 Times in 36 Posts

    Default JB Truth
    Can everyone please start being real?? The MAIN reason most people want a JB is so they can install *********and get all apps and games for free! Just be real!! I can't afford to pay for all these apps and games!! That's the best part of JB... Just admit it! I know most of u (not all of u) feel the same way! We pay $250 for the iPhone4....plus $100 a month to AT&T... Don't know about u, but that doesn't leave much extra money to buy EVERY APP!! Yes there r amazing free JB apps such as SBsettings (can't stop swiping my status bar), but just be real, u really want free apps and games, just like me. WHY WILL NO ONE admit this?? Yes I love JB because it allows me to customize, and unleash the full power of the iPhone...But let's be honest guys, it allows us to all be able to enjoy the same apps people with more $$$ get to enjoy! Flame me if u want.... But u know it's true...even if u won't admit it.
    Last edited by Cer0; 2010-07-07 at 10:26 AM. Reason: Got censored

  10. #150
    Retired Moderator Cer0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    MN/WI
    Posts
    14,099
    Thanks
    395
    Thanked 1,182 Times in 915 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by iLoveWindows&iPhone View Post
    Can everyone please start being real?? The MAIN reason most people want a JB is so they can install ********* and get all apps and games for free! Just be real!! I can't afford to pay for all these apps and games!! That's the best part of JB... Just admit it! I know most of u (not all of u) feel the same way! We pay $250 for the iPhone4....plus $100 a month to AT&T... Don't know about u, but that doesn't leave much extra money to buy EVERY APP!! Yes there r amazing free JB apps such as SBsettings (can't stop swiping my status bar), but just be real, u really want free apps and games, just like me. WHY WILL NO ONE admit this?? Yes I love JB because it allows me to customize, and unleash the full power of the iPhone...But let's be honest guys, it allows us to all be able to enjoy the same apps people with more $$$ get to enjoy! Flame me if u want.... But u know it's true...even if u won't admit it.
    Well for starters not everybody does that. I don't jb for stealing stuff. Also your theory on we buy the phone for so much and pay so much a month for service then I paid 20+k for my car I should get free gas. Well nvm I take gas as the monthly fee in the anology. So damnit I should get free parts and service on my car.
    In all honesty there are a lot of honest people out there that understand that this is people's hard work and they deserve to get paid for it.

    PS: it was censored for a reason. Recensored.
    Last edited by Cer0; 2010-07-07 at 10:28 AM.
    [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to Cer0 For This Useful Post:

    Windmeel (2010-07-07)

  12. #151
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Manchester, England
    Posts
    2,101
    Thanks
    361
    Thanked 544 Times in 404 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by iLoveWindows&iPhone View Post
    Can everyone please start being real?? The MAIN reason most people want a JB is so they can install ********** and get all apps and games for free! Just be real!! I can't afford to pay for all these apps and games!! That's the best part of JB... Just admit it! I know most of u (not all of u) feel the same way! We pay $250 for the iPhone4....plus $100 a month to AT&T... Don't know about u, but that doesn't leave much extra money to buy EVERY APP!! Yes there r amazing free JB apps such as SBsettings (can't stop swiping my status bar), but just be real, u really want free apps and games, just like me. WHY WILL NO ONE admit this?? Yes I love JB because it allows me to customize, and unleash the full power of the iPhone...But let's be honest guys, it allows us to all be able to enjoy the same apps people with more $$$ get to enjoy! Flame me if u want.... But u know it's true...even if u won't admit it.
    You are wrong, I've never bothered with cracked apps. It goes against my principles. Not every one is a cheapskate!!
    Last edited by Cer0; 2010-07-07 at 10:29 AM.

  13. #152
    My iPhone is a Part of Me iLoveWindows&iPhone's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    595
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 51 Times in 36 Posts

    I honestly believe I am correct. I know everyone on this site pretends they don't pirate software, but they just dont want to piss people off. Please, if I am wrong, let me know...perhaps I am the only person who feels this way. And as for calling me a "cheapskate"... That's fine, guess I am, but I dont feel bad about it. I will give a donation to the dev team for a JB because I feel they truly deserve it, and need it much more than EA or other similar developers do.

  14. #153
    Retired Moderator Cer0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    MN/WI
    Posts
    14,099
    Thanks
    395
    Thanked 1,182 Times in 915 Posts

    We have a thread with this discussion already. Please have a read over there. Will find it in a min.

    You are correct that there are people that only jb for that reason but there are still many, many people that are honest and fair.


    http://modmyi.com/forums/new-skins-t...cceptable.html = Talk about some views on piracy.
    Last edited by Cer0; 2010-07-07 at 10:47 AM.
    [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

  15. #154
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Manchester, England
    Posts
    2,101
    Thanks
    361
    Thanked 544 Times in 404 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by iLoveWindows&iPhone View Post
    I honestly believe I am correct. I know everyone on this site pretends they don't pirate software, but they just dont want to piss people off. Please, if I am wrong, let me know...perhaps I am the only person who feels this way. And as for calling me a "cheapskate"... That's fine, guess I am, but I dont feel bad about it. I will give a donation to the dev team for a JB because I feel they truly deserve it, and need it much more than EA or other similar developers do.
    Well at least you have the balls to admit it. It would be interesting to know what percentage if jb'ers use cracked apps, probably the majority as you said.

  16. #155
    AKA showstopper1969 Chuck1969's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Posts
    1,478
    Thanks
    959
    Thanked 869 Times in 458 Posts

    I admit it...I stole iSteamy! =(

  17. #156
    iPhone? More like MyPhone Niner1000RR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Boca Raton, Florida
    Posts
    284
    Thanks
    43
    Thanked 28 Times in 27 Posts

    Yea I have to say that you're wrong also, I could honestly care less about the apps. I don't really have that many to begin with.

    There are a couple games I like and those devs deserve compensation for their hard work!!!!

    I JB my phone to be able to customize it, period! Love some of these awesome themes (again I pay for those as well - these people deserve the compensation!).

  18. #157
    It upsets me that people talk about Sn0wBreeze in the same thread as real tools. So many people have lost their JB/unlock because of it.

    As for donations, Comex accepts them - but donations should always be given as thanks for what has already been done and not as an 'incentive' to work harder or release quicker.

    The Dev Team, of course, do not accept donations.

    Jailbreaking is to free your device from apples control and is not intended to allow people to steal apps, I wish Apple would concentrate more on stopping thieves and less on trying to stop JBing.

    MN and Planetbeing are making good progress along the long and bumpy road to an unlock.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

  19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to confucious For This Useful Post:

    Broomhead (2010-07-07), Cer0 (2010-07-08), drWidowmaker53 (2010-07-07)

  20. #158
    iPhone? More like MyPhone Niner1000RR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Boca Raton, Florida
    Posts
    284
    Thanks
    43
    Thanked 28 Times in 27 Posts

    Yup have to agree! I donated to my last JB dev (which was a different source as I believe this one will be ) so I will do be doing it as a "thanks"

    And yea have to agree that is where they should focus!

  21. #159
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Dirty Jersey
    Posts
    82
    Thanks
    17
    Thanked 3 Times in 1 Post
    3bills for a phone + 75/mo = Im not risking my device to some questionable cracked app. plain and simple. i TRUST the dev team to devise safe and easy methods for jailbreak that, if utilized correctly, grant me MORE opportunity to spend money on my phone. but i sure as HELL aint gonna install some bullshizzle that somebody "cracked"

  22. #160
    Formerly Known As rpgpromaster EddieLeonard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,824
    Thanks
    489
    Thanked 676 Times in 362 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Niner1000RR View Post
    Yea I have to say that you're wrong also, I could honestly care less about the apps. I don't really have that many to begin with.

    There are a couple games I like and those devs deserve compensation for their hard work!!!!

    I JB my phone to be able to customize it, period! Love some of these awesome themes (again I pay for those as well - these people deserve the compensation!).
    I agree the main reason I jailbreak is because I don't like being told how to use my device I paid 400 for. Even if I only have Cydia on there and never open it it's worth it just to know I can do what I want and when I want to on my own device.

    Just my opinion
    Last edited by EddieLeonard; 2010-07-07 at 02:11 PM.

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •