Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: The Future of Jailbreaking: New Developments!

Quote Originally Posted by turdsmoka View Post
    Mine, too. Release it today, guys.
    ungrateful Much?

Can't wait and great job. Do what you have to do and I will certainly be donating. Thanks for all the hard work.

Quote Originally Posted by snowdrop2571 View Post
    os4 is all good i just miss getting all the expensive apps for nothing through instalous
    uncool, funny but uncool

Quote Originally Posted by requieminadream View Post
    .....I stupidly upgraded to 4.0 thinking a jailbreak would be as simple as back in the day when I was jailbreaking my first iPhone 1st gen. Since I never jailbroke my 3GS, I had no idea it's all SHSH blobs and bootroms and all this crazy talk.....
    Guess you never jailbroke your first gen when jailbreaking FIRST came out. It wasn't "as simple" as it is today, not even close.
    Last edited by rkswat; 2010-07-07 at 01:08 AM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me JazJon's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by x2dope View Post
    duh lol...my bad. i forgot that SnowBreeze 1.7 is a iOS 4 jailbreak...seriously my bad. I feel dumb lol. Anyway is iOS 4 worth it...i have my iphone 4 and miss my jailbroken 3gs! I wish I never sold that beast!
    Where does it say it will jailbreak iOS4? When you run it, it says you need to be on 3.1.2.

I upgraded my old iPhone 3GS to iOS4 for kix. I have a T-Mobile friend that wants my old phone since lost his. I now wish I left it on 3.x because looks like I'm stuck waiting for now. I tried Sn0wBreeze 1.7 and it didn't work. iTunes gets stuck on: "Preparing iPhone for restore" and then "The iphone could not be restored. An unknown error occurred (1604)

I assumed I had the old boot rom since I bought my phone the day the 3GS came out last year. After running iDetector it says I have the NEW bootrom!! (wtf?)

Standing by.........

Quote Originally Posted by nickhesson View Post
    snowbreeze 1.7 is for iPods with the new bootrom, not iPhone 3GS
    Not True...Works with New Bootrom 3Gs..I've already done 2 phones...

Proof

Quote Originally Posted by delizaza23 View Post
    I wish apple would hurry up for the update. I need unlock on iphone 4
    Although PB and MN are making headway with the unlock it's never guaranteed. I'm sure someday one will come out but I wouldn't buy a phone relying on a software unlock that may or may not ever come.

My iPhone is a Part of Me JazJon's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sergioakakobe View Post
    Not True...Works with New Bootrom 3Gs..I've already done 2 phones...

Proof
    What do we do if we upgraded our 3GS (new boot rom) to Vanilla iOS4 already? It was previously on 3.1.3 (Jailbroken) Cydia said my keys were saved on the server, is that good enough? Do I need to (or can I rather) downgrade back to 3.1.2 and then make this work? I'm really confused and want to understand what my options are today. I either can make this work, or need to wait?

MuscleNerd

@CrAzYe07 the next jailbreak from @comex is like first Spirit..all devices, all bootroms, latest FW, painless install

Says it all realy !
    Last edited by pcpaul; 2010-07-07 at 01:44 AM. Reason: Because

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    I still predict the jailbreak will be held until Apple releases their firmware update for the signal issue.
    I would hope that too.

Those guys kick ***

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

I predict that tomorrow's Christmas come early for us lonely soles on ios4.

I hope so anyway, after tomorrow I'll be in the hospital for a week so come on JB

Thanks

awesome news guys will hopefully be out by the time i get my iphone4 next month
    myiphonerocks-doesyours?

iPhone? More like MyPhone salayyad's Avatar
    Thanks

Damn i got a 3gs with old bootrom on 4.0 but was never jailbroken. that blows for me.

iPhone? More like MyPhone jasonm253's Avatar
    Thanks

i would use the snowbreeze but damn all these JB programs are for 3.1.2. just gotta wait for spirit.

Thanks

"Are we there yet, Hey , Hey mom are we there yet. So close but no cigar."
    Sit back and enjoy the ride folks. Telling them to hurry up isn't going to make them drop their life responsibility's for a million strangers cause we say so.
    I'm suffering also just like the rest of the world, so I feel ya. It if makes Anybody feel any better, " My 4 year old daughter spilled a fresh glass of ICE cold WATER on my beautiful iPhone 4. It's still working though, So goodbye Warranty.

That sucks man lol

Quote Originally Posted by stlcaddie View Post
    "Are we there yet, Hey , Hey mom are we there yet. So close but no cigar."
    Sit back and enjoy the ride folks. Telling them to hurry up isn't going to make them drop their life responsibility's for a million strangers cause we say so.
    I'm suffering also just like the rest of the world, so I feel ya. It if makes Anybody feel any better, " My 4 year old daughter spilled a fresh glass of ICE cold WATER on my beautiful iPhone 4. It's still working though, So goodbye Warranty.
    I would expect a mod to teach their kid the value of an iphone from birth Seriously though, that sucks. Do what I do when I go to an Apple Store for something. Find the ugliest girl there and flirt your *** off. You get what you want

Seriously though, I miss my jailbreak. All I want is biteSMS, Backgrounder, OpenSSH for a custom SMS tone, and whatever the new one I saw from BigBoss was that clears out apps not in the background in the app switcher and I'd be completely content for the next 6 months...
    Last edited by LastSonOfKrypton; 2010-07-07 at 04:30 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone jasonm253's Avatar
    Thanks

so hold up let me get this straight now that i see its edited..so this jailbrak is still only if 3gs users have 3.1.2 ?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Everyone says they'll be donating after relese but most won't. Just they they release quicker

Quote Originally Posted by jasonm253 View Post
    so hold up let me get this straight now that i see its edited..so this jailbrak is still only if 3gs users have 3.1.2 ?
    No. This is a jailbreak for all iOS4 devices I believe. At least for iPhone 4 and new bootrom 3GS' which are the two devices that can't be jailbroken with iOS4 right now

20. The Following User Says Thank You to LastSonOfKrypton For This Useful Post:

wreclusrob (2010-07-18)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    seriously, if you're 3GS is on old bootrom and 3.1.3 using spirit jailbreak, you can already jailbreak ios4 for weeks now. I did. But new bootrom, goodluck. I went from spirited to pwned.

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast