Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple: No Death Grip, Bars Displayed Wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Noodle Boy View Post
    Actually, it'll be the opposite. The new formula will give you a more realistic number of bars based on coverage. So it'll really show you if you're in a spotty coverage area so when you do hold the death grip, the drop will be less since you won't be at 5 bars to begin with.

As for whoever mentioned the warranty. The iPhone has ONE year of coverage as far as defects and such. You can purchase AppleCare for if to add another year, which would then cover the entirety of the contract.

The cool thing about AppleCare is that you can buy it anytime within the first year. So you can literally wait till it's the 364th day, add AppleCare and you'll be good to go for another year.
    OK well at least it's a year then, no reason to run off to return your phones. They have to cover it.
    "Don't hold it like that!"

The iPhone has been out for 3 years, not 10.

Quote Originally Posted by mikerlx View Post
    So, this software update will probably re-lock the phones hopefully it will not take 4-5 months for an unlock.
    There is no unlock for the iPhone 4 yet. And if you're running a 3GS, this doesn't affect you the same way it does those of us with the iPhone 4 so you really don't need to do the update.

Quote Originally Posted by maxgsteinberg View Post
    Now idk when the first iPhone came out maybe like 2000 or w.e but that means that a huge company like apple has had this "mistake" for the past 10 years and have JUST NOW realized it?
    Um the iPhone has been out for literally 3 years only.

I'm a helpful jerk, fear me.

Quote Originally Posted by redhouse101 View Post
    they'll fix the antenna and then plug the hole for unlocking!
    Sounds like the same problem BP is dealing with.

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka cash7c3
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,254 Times in 649 Posts

i call bs

Either its a complete cover up, or dropped calls aren't really ATT's fault and that you have bad reception

Hrmm one year warranty. I guess that means Apple has "atleast" one year to fix the issue. Or everyone goes out and buys the AppleCare (giving more money to apple). Then Apple has atleast two years to fix this problem. Now by that time u have owned a $700 Iphone 4 that has been pretty much useless the entire time.

Yep, i'd be bringing the ole ladies phone back if u didnt already sell it over on the bay.

Apple has claimed from day one that there wasnt an issue "your just holding the phone wrong". Now they claim this has been in issue in every Iphone since the beginning. Oh and now they claim they can fix it.

You know the ole saying that goes "One lie always leads to another lie". Sounds like Apple has taken that road.
    Last edited by l0k0; 2010-07-02 at 05:29 PM.

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by silent1643 View Post
    keep in mind this fix will not fix the reception issue - the bars will still drop dramatically when held a certain way... if your thinking about returning it, then i would do it before the 30 days is up
    just my .02
    I am saying that if this is definitely a hardware issue, they will probably end up replacing the phone for you as well. A huge problem like this has to be confirmed 1000 times over before replacing peoples phones...
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

check this out - the bars are just displaying wrong because of the formula.

[ame=http://vimeo.com/12864890]The Spot on Vimeo[/ame]

11. The Following User Says Thank You to michaelgazin For This Useful Post:

bzpilot (2010-07-02)

My iPhone is a Part of Me kuhndsn's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mikerlx View Post
    So, this software update will probably re-lock the phones hopefully it will not take 4-5 months for an unlock.

Didn't know the iPhone 4 had an unlock yet... The 3GS does for ios4 but not the iPhone 4 on IOS4.

Quote Originally Posted by l0k0 View Post
    Hrmm one year warranty. I guess that means Apple has "atleast" one year to fix the issue. Or everyone goes out and buys the AppleCare (giving more money to apple). Then Apple has atleast two years to fix this problem. Now by that time u have owned a $700 Iphone 4 that has been pretty much useless the entire time.

Yep, i'd be bringing the ole ladies phone back if u didnt already sell it over on the bay.

Apple has claimed from day one that there wasnt an issue "your just holding the phone wrong". Now they claim this has been in issue in every Iphone since the beginning. Oh and now they claim they can fix it.

You know the ole saying that goes "One lie always leads to another lie". Sounds like Apple has taken that road.
    you guys are missing the point of the 30-day return policy. You can return your phone for any reason within 30 days. The one-year warranty only applies if the phone has an issue. Apple is refusing to acknowledge the phone has an issue.

If you take it in to Apple in 3 months claiming you get bad reception, they'll tell you to kick rocks. They'll blame it on how you hold the phone or AT&T's coverage. Like someone said before, if this reception issue is a real problem for you, you need to return the phone within 30 days. Because after 30 days, you're SOL as far as reception issues go.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Good thing i didn't just buy a bumper simply because of the "signal drop."

Quote Originally Posted by l0k0 View Post
    Hrmm one year warranty. I guess that means Apple has "atleast" one year to fix the issue....
    NO, not at all!!! They have admitted to a "formula issue, being fixed by upcoming software update". This by no means admits anything wrong with the phone itself which you could return it for!!!

No admitted issue = No warranty service!!!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Jobs gonna beg Gates to save his company from bankrupt once again...

Quote Originally Posted by bzpilot View Post
    NO, not at all!!! They have admitted to a "formula issue, being fixed by upcoming software update". This by no means admits anything wrong with the phone itself which you could return it for!!!

No admitted issue = No warranty service!!!
    So basically, IF u dont return ur phone within the 30days. Your SOL unless apple "admits" there is a hardware reception issue. And we all know Apple isnt gonna admit that.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Honestly, i kinda knew it was the meter cuz i am able to send receive calls and texts when the bars are at their lowest.

Quote Originally Posted by dcgore View Post
    Honestly, i kinda knew it was the meter cuz i am able to send receive calls and texts when the bars are at their lowest.
    Let me guess, when the bars drop off and its says "No Service". In reality by Apples claims. You should still have atleast 2 bars left in signal (because the phone is lying to you). Maybe u can send and receive text/calls then, LMAO

damn apple is good! even with flaws they can sell millions of iphone 4. who da sucker? now is time for them to sell AT$T signal detector device along with iphone 4.

My iPhone is a Part of Me kuhndsn's Avatar
    Thanks

From PC world---

Last week, PC World editor Mark Sullivan tested the iPhone 4 around San Francisco and found dramatic speed drops in four out of five locations. Latency shot upward by thousands of milliseconds in a few locations, and both download and upload speeds were affected. Gizmodo reader Chris Sheehan .

Richard Gaywood, who has a Ph.D. in wireless networking, also tested data speeds. In an area with strong signal strength, Gaywood found no problems, but in an area with a weak signal, average throughput dropped down to nearly nothing when he gripped the phone with a bare hand.

In fairness, none of these tests included other phones for comparison, and signal loss has been reported in other phones including Google's Nexus One. But a thorough test by Anandtech, which measured actual signal strength instead of bars, found that the iPhone 4's signal dropped far more than the Nexus One and the iPhone 3GS when gripped in a bare hand.

Full article--http://www.pcworld.com/article/200355/apple_on_iphone_4_antenna_its_the_bars_silly.html

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast