Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 180 of 231

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Apple: Calm Down, Shut Up, and Go Away with Your Death Grip Talk

  1. #161
    I have the problem and am returning it for a refund.

    Will wait a month or 2 and will try again, hopefully the quality issues will have been fixed...or there may be a software fix.

    It is not all iphones 4's as I checked 6 demo ones in the apple store 4 were perfect and 2 had the issues...I showed the genius guy and he just scratched his head!
    Last edited by ancient; 2010-07-01 at 10:00 PM.

  2. #162
    Then again this is all keeping our minds tangled up with thinking about this, rather than not being able to jailbreak the i4 yet

  3. #163
    Glad im waiting for the white one maybe the so called issue will be fixed lol!

  4. #164
    Quote Originally Posted by Moosestache View Post
    Blah blah blah, you are making stuff up out of your arse. I have owned 4 previous iphones, my wife dropped one. The only reason I found out about this problem is I started dropping calls last Wednesday, the day I got the phone. I quickly did a search and low and behold, lots of people were having this problem. A problem that I never had before, heck I never had a problem with dropped iphone calls before.

    As far as numbers go, I have a friend who got an iphone last week. She never reads the boards or anything but she complained that her reception sucked on her new phone. Is she going to post on the internet, nope, she's probably not going to return it either, but that isn't right. So my general thought is all the iphone 4's have this issue, some might not notice it, but I bet every single one has it. So when some of you get out of your parents basement and go off into the real world, you'll suddenly find you have some dropped calls and signal issues. Then of course, your 30 days will be up and you'll be ******** that you can't return it.
    Don't lie... it is nice to make up stories about your supposed friend... everyone seems to have one these days, and if you have had iphones in the past, you would have bought cases for them, so you are again lying... put a case on your iphone and tell me the problem doesn't go away! Claiming to have bought all the iphones in the past is buggery, and you know it. If you did, you would have had a case and you would not have posted here. The facts are there, the numbers are there, deal with it... those that don't have problems don't post about it, those that do make it sound as if everyone is posting about it... but that simply is not the case (pun intended)
    Last edited by jbardi; 2010-07-01 at 10:06 PM.

  5. #165
    Internet rumor???? I I can make my iPhone 4 and my friends 4 do this. Anywhere, anytime. I star with 5 bars and go to none in 30 seconds. I also lose my data when I do this. Somebody F$&@%# the dog and this isn't going away. Steve Jobs must think the general public is stupid. My 4 is currently for sale. My 3GS works fine. What a shame

  6. #166
    Quote Originally Posted by jbardi View Post
    Don't lie... it is nice to make up stories about your supposed friend... everyone seems to have one these days, and if you have had iphones in the past, you would have bought cases for them, so you are again lying... put a case on your iphone and tell me the problem doesn't go away! Claiming to have bought all the iphones in the past is buggery, and you know it. If you did, you would have had a case and you would not have posted here. The facts are there, the numbers are there, deal with it... those that don't have problems don't post about it, those that do make it sound as if everyone is posting about it... but that simply is not the case.
    Oh to be a teenager again. You do realize, normal people can have friends, I know you probably can't comprehend this, but when you become a grown up you will understand. Perhaps you will even have a "special friend" sometime.

  7. #167
    Quote Originally Posted by Moosestache View Post
    Oh to be a teenager again. You do realize, normal people can have friends, I know you probably can't comprehend this, but when you become a grown up you will understand. Perhaps you will even have a "special friend" sometime.
    First of all, I am 36, thank you... second of all, your post had nothing to do with the topic, so as far as juvenile behavior, one has to wonder who in fact needs to "grow up" and mature.

    I posted with sound opinion intermixed with statistical probabilities, and you retort with playground tantrum.
    Last edited by jbardi; 2010-07-01 at 10:16 PM.

  8. #168
    iPhone? More like MyPhone geoffe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Bay City, Michigan, United States
    Posts
    131
    Thanks
    22
    Thanked 23 Times in 18 Posts

    I have learned to talk really fast on my iPhone 4 knowing that it may drop a call. If I get much more practice I just may be able to work as an auctioneer.

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to geoffe For This Useful Post:

    kissinkate (2010-07-02)

  10. #169
    Quote Originally Posted by teddyf1 View Post
    Thank you. Well said. And with that, I depart this forum. You sir understand exactly what I was trying to explain and have the right attitude in this situation. This country is in real serious trouble if we as a society continue to stray away from a proactive approach to dealing with issues where everyone takes responsibility for their OWN actions and work to remedy them in a constructive way that leads to real change. Instead, we seem to prefer to spew rhetoric, criticism, and voice displeasure while doing nothing else to improve the problems that arise. Good day all and good luck with all your future endeavors, failures and successes. All I ask is that we learn from all of them and grow as human beings in the process.

    I'm afraid neither one of you understand, nor have the right attitude toward forum users.

    It's one thing to advise people to return a product if they are unhappy, and I too encourage that course of action. But to tell people to shut up and go away, in a forum that is specifically meant for users to share their experiences, is arrogant, and just plain stupid. Why else do people come to this forum, but to share experiences, and state their opinions?

    This is exactly the right place to share those experiences, and in many ways one of the primary benefits of Internet forums. What better method do people have to learn about products and determine if they want to make the purchase, or get another product, or wait and see how it all plays out?

    From your argument it appears you believe people should just go to Apple's web site and learn all Apple thinks you need to know about their shiny, new, magical, insanely wonderful devices. Wait a minute, is that you Steve???

    It also is good for potential consumers to learn how a company, with which they are considering to do business, responds to problems such as this. Every company has good customer service when things work perfectly. You learn far more about a company when things don't.

    This appears to be turning into the worst product launch in Apple recent history. Lets see how they handle it. So far, not so good, but it is still early. The bigger problem for Apple, and I believe the primary reason this issue is getting an even more passionate user response, is Steve's/Apple's past arrogance, perceived or real.

    Personally I've decided to wait it out. An I4 may still replace my 3G, which I've always thought was a been a better data device than a phone. I also just got my wife a 3GS, instead of waiting for I4 production to catch up to demand, or if/when the problems like this one and the hyper-sensitive proximity sensor are resolved. I've never been one to to follow the Apple lemmings over the cliff, and I'm in no real hurry now, if Apple chooses to continue to respond poorly.

    Steve, if that is you, you are right about one thing, it is just a phone.

  11. #170
    Well I'm leaving the apple store now I was getting no sim installed 6-7 times a day. No questions asked they gave me a new phone, with this phone I have no death grip problem where I kinda had it with the other phone. ????? They never even saw the no sim error, wonder if I told about the signal problem if they would be so quick to swap?

  12. #171
    Well I was planning to upgrade my 3G to an Iphone 4, even when I heard about the reception issue (And yes I tried the "Death Grip" on a demo phone in an O2 shop, it's not a rumour it's a fact) I was still very interested in the Iphone 4 but listening to the response from Apple I really think I should vote with my feet, I'm considering a Samsung Galaxy S instead.

  13. #172
    iPhone? More like MyPhone mallenass's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Dominican Republic
    Posts
    115
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 14 Times in 11 Posts

    this is getting ugly... apple should reconsider their course of action on this issue

  14. #173
    Us: It drops every call I try to make because of this issue!

    Steve Jobs: Jeez guys! It's just a $600 phone! Chill out! Did you really expect it to work well? Take a chill pill and use speaker phone, duh!



    Glad I don't own stock in apple.....

  15. #174
    I think it's a rushed production problem I can't get this phone to lose signal I held it "wrong" for a min not one bar went away????

  16. #175
    Quote Originally Posted by Teban View Post
    I think it's a rushed production problem I can't get this phone to lose signal I held it "wrong" for a min not one bar went away????
    I've yet to have a single problem. I don't think it's a "rushed production" issue as it's so much a "We sold 1.7 Million of these things, and the 1% that has a problem (like with any other mass produced product) is getting unnecessarily aggressive and vocal" problem.

    Then of course you've got that percentage of the population who, whenever any epidemic occurs, it's occuring to them as well. I can't help but wonder how many of the vocal complainers either a) don't even own the phone, or b) had to make an effort to recreate the reported problem. "Looksie, I cupped it in my hands, submerged in a bucket of water and then drove through a tunnel and I went down to 4 bars, **** apple!!!!!"
    Last edited by ClerkDante; 2010-07-01 at 10:54 PM.

  17. #176
    Quote Originally Posted by prgeno View Post
    Steve, if that is you, you are right about one thing, it is just a phone.
    I don't think I ever meant to turn people away. I did say to deal with it and that arguing here on the internet is stupid (because it is) but I never said you should stop. It's what forums are for.

    THAT SAID

    It turns out the guy who had his conversation with Steve ended up SELLING THE EMAILS.

    AppleInsider | Exclusive conversations with Steve Jobs up for sale

    I have no sympathy for the ******. He went on a rant and barrage of angry words to the CEO of a comany and when said man takes the time to reply back in the hopes of calming him down and kinda settle him back to reality (it IS just a phone in the scheme of all things) the guy goes and sells the conversation to the highest bidder.

    Disgusting.

    I'm a helpful jerk, fear me.

  18. #177
    Quote Originally Posted by jbardi View Post
    First of all, I am 36, thank you... second of all, your post had nothing to do with the topic, so as far as juvenile behavior, one has to wonder who in fact needs to "grow up" and mature.

    I posted with sound opinion intermixed with statistical probabilities, and you retort with playground tantrum.
    Grow up and get a life how bout that? You made stuff up, pulled numbers out of your arse and flat out called me a liar. Now your crying because I called you out on it. If you don't have a problem why post here.

  19. #178
    Quote Originally Posted by ClerkDante View Post
    I've yet to have a single problem. I don't think it's a "rushed production" issue as it's so much a "We sold 1.7 Million of these things, and the 1% that has a problem (like with any other mass produced product) is getting unnecessarily aggressive and vocal" problem.

    Then of course you've got that percentage of the population who, whenever any epidemic occurs, it's occuring to them as well. I can't help but wonder how many of the vocal complainers either a) don't even own the phone, or b) had to make an effort to recreate the reported problem. "Looksie, I cupped it in my hands, submerged in a bucket of water and then drove through a tunnel and I went down to 4 bars, **** apple!!!!!"
    Apparently another Apple employee plant has spoken.

  20. #179
    Quote Originally Posted by Happy Noodle Boy View Post
    I don't think I ever meant to turn people away. I did say to deal with it and that arguing here on the internet is stupid (because it is) but I never said you should stop. It's what forums are for.

    THAT SAID

    It turns out the guy who had his conversation with Steve ended up SELLING THE EMAILS.

    AppleInsider | Exclusive conversations with Steve Jobs up for sale

    I have no sympathy for the ******. He went on a rant and barrage of angry words to the CEO of a comany and when said man takes the time to reply back in the hopes of calming him down and kinda settle him back to reality (it IS just a phone in the scheme of all things) the guy goes and sells the conversation to the highest bidder.

    Disgusting.
    Why is that disgusting? CEO's get nasty letters all the time. When one of them responds back he has to take full responsibility for whatever he says. SJ just has a tendency to shove his foot in his mouth when he does. But you know what, he can do it if he wants, it just makes great press, and makes him look like a jerk sometimes, but it sure raises awareness of apple. A famous person once said, any publicity is good publicity.

  21. #180
    Quote Originally Posted by Happy Noodle Boy View Post
    I don't think I ever meant to turn people away. I did say to deal with it and that arguing here on the internet is stupid (because it is) but I never said you should stop. It's what forums are for.

    THAT SAID

    It turns out the guy who had his conversation with Steve ended up SELLING THE EMAILS.

    AppleInsider | Exclusive conversations with Steve Jobs up for sale

    I have no sympathy for the ******. He went on a rant and barrage of angry words to the CEO of a comany and when said man takes the time to reply back in the hopes of calming him down and kinda settle him back to reality (it IS just a phone in the scheme of all things) the guy goes and sells the conversation to the highest bidder.

    Disgusting.

    I do agree with you on that one. Selling the email thread is bad, but buying it from him is pretty ridiculous too.
    Last edited by prgeno; 2010-07-01 at 11:06 PM.

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •