Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple: Calm Down, Shut Up, and Go Away with Your Death Grip Talk

I think anyone would rage when a trusted company sells broken products. I mean, if you go to the black market and someone tries to sell you a broken object, you would be pretty mad, but then again, it's not as trusted. When Apple or any of these big companies try to sell you something that's broken, then that's extremely bad, and it's worse that they're just ignoring these people, too. As for the "it happens with all iPhones" comment, I can say super-gripping my iPhone 2G does not do any damage at all. My 2 cents.

I too was skeptical of this antenna problem but I can recreate it on any IPhone 4. I was expecting the bars to drop off immediately but they don't, they WILL drop after about 10 seconds of holding like you would texting, playing a game, etc.. after about 30 seconds, you will have either no signal or no bars. WiFi is also affected the same way but not as dramatic.

The sim card mod does NOT work. I pulled my sim card and taped the edge and so it was not contacting the metal and it still has the same problem.

Also, I have a Belkin rubber case and the bars drop on it also, not to the extent they do when I hold it bare handed (3 bar drop). It's not about shorting out the antenna, it's about interference caused by the physical proximity of your hand to the antenna and the antenna signals going through your hand.

This is a real problem, re-creatable at will and re-creatable on every IPhone I have tested it on including phones in the Apple store.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 3GFusion View Post
    The fix is more the sim card than the phone itself but I know where you're coming from. It's like buying a Ferrari with a bad rattling noise. You take it to the dealer and he'll charge you an arm and a leg to fix it when all you needed was a piece of tape lolz.
    Ok seriously, If one more person uses a Ferrari analogy one more time, I'm gonna kill someone.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to DoYouLikeLuxury? For This Useful Post:

teddyf1 (2010-07-01)

I sent that original link to Jobs... I know a little about RF ( my dad was a HUGE ham/CB guy and had radio stuff round the house and was messing with Antennas all the time and that link made perfect sense. Hope he reads it.. yes you can get these effects with any phone.. but the new IpHone4 its really noticeable.. I have minor issues with it. thankfully europes cell network is awesome and like the article said.. the new Iphone 4 reception is much better when not attinuated...

Bottom line is, apple has this image of "perfect " and we pay for it and this is NOT perfect.. but its still better then anything else so ill deal and hope a solution id found.. im not paying 30 bucks for a bumper rom apple thats for sure....
    Im womdering though is something like clear nail polish on the areas your hands rest might help insulate the stainless band?
    "Jane, get me off this crazy thing !!!!"

I have the problem big time. I have had more dropped calls with this new phone than I have ever had with any phone. The problem is real and it's not a rumor at all, anytime I grab my phone I watch the problem happen and then I have to grab my phone differently just so I can make a call. This problem is pathetic and it's shameful that Apple would just get a case or hold it differently. For those that do not have this issue and are telling people to shut up and move on I have one thing to say, you don't have the problem so shut up and post on a different thread leave these threads for people who have the problem.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by UKROB86 View Post
    Wow those people also telling the customers Here who have the problem to "shut up and return it" are just little suck up *******. Controlled by Steve.
    The problems exists on THE MAJORITY of phones. A poll should be created to prove this!
    If I wasn't on my iPhone I'd write more but somebody should create this poll.
    So, this issue is happening on more that 900,000 iPhone 4s? Let me see your sources with this information. I'll wait...

Like someone said earlier, the people who are posting on here stating they are having an issue with the phone is a SMALL percentage of the total users. What that number is exactly? We don't know and probably won't know.

But don't go spouting out BS that EVERYONE or the MAJORITY of people are having issues with their phone when it's not fact.
    Who died and made you king?!

Game Center Username: bllewisii

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Tried this first hand!
    Quote Originally Posted by dq13 View Post
    LOL... I wish I had an iPhone 4 so I can be making videos of the issue as well to show apple that it is not just an internet rumor
    I tried this first hand and had full reception when testing and within 3-5 seconds of "holding the phone wrong", I dropped from full service to zero bars.

To be honest when I palm my phone when talking on the bars do go down BUT there is NO reception problem, works just fine, have had 0 dropped calls and all text go out and come in just fine. I'm not gonna complain until it's an actual problem and right now it's not. And no I am not using a case

Its like buying a ferrari. If i buy a ferrari i expect it to be top notch quality. If i dont hold my ferrari to high standards than i might as well buy something cheap, like a lexus.

Quote Originally Posted by iphone925 View Post
    there is already a Class Action law suit filed against apple and att

Source

First iPhone 4 Class Action Suit Filed Against Apple and AT&T

I hope there are more law suits on them Apple should pay for treating there customers like this

Go my fellow Maryland buddies. Apple is gonna lose some serious money from this.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by shadow-evillink View Post
    Survey!Survey!Survey!Survey!
    iPhone 4 Signal Survey | BabbleBuzz
    Founder & Owner of Akufu.com

A very Experience, Wise and Judicious Man said one time, "Retire, relax, enjoy your family. It is just a phone. Not worth it."

Quote Originally Posted by bllewisii View Post
    So, this issue is happening on more that 900,000 iPhone 4s? Let me see your sources with this information. I'll wait...

Like someone said earlier, the people who are posting on here stating they are having an issue with the phone is a SMALL percentage of the total users. What that number is exactly? We don't know and probably won't know.

But don't go spouting out BS that EVERYONE or the MAJORITY of people are having issues with their phone when it's not fact.
    The same could be said for you saying that it's a small percentage.

People fail to realize when they say something about how many people are posting here that this is a forum on a website. Not everyone who owns an iphone 4 posts on this website so... Posts on this website = nothing useful at all as to the amount of people having this issue.

sorry for going off topic but is anyone else still having issues with the sensor not shutting your screen off while ur in the middle of a phone call, and your face starts pressing the facetime button, or hold, or keypad? the signal issue is there but doesnt bother me. This sensor problem bugs the hell outta me cause i hangup many calls or put people on hold constantly

It appears that someone says they have a problem, and instantly every other user has the problem (When they didn't have it before)...Just bothers me!
    My Devices:

iPod Touch 4g 4.1 - Jailbroken
    iPad 4.2.1 - Jailbroken

Spoiled brats... a lot of the complainers never owned an iPhone before the i4 and this may even be their first treck into the smartphone market. How do I know this? Because anyone who has owned a smartphone had enough brains to buy a phone case for it from the start... well before this death-grip nonsense. Those that complain about this problem don't have a phone case, and therefore have no idea what they are doing. The second they drop the phone, they will start complaining and calling for a class action suit for the "Slipper Surface" problem that Apple must be held accountable for because, "Honey, it just flew right out of my hand... I think its Apples fault for not making a rubber grip surface", but the fact is, based upon the number of iPhone 4's sold compared to those complaining about the death-grip issue, is almost incalculable... it is so small as to not exist.

Ever heard of mass hysteria? With todays instant news turn around with self-proclaimed knowledge hounds called bloggers, most of which are still living with their parents, the general, uninformed public buys into this fear... "Oh my god... the death grip issue... do I have it? Honey, I think I saw my phone drop a bar... I was walking from the bathroom to the kitchen as I turned the phone sideways a bar dropped off my phone."

The problem is, before this death-grip hysteria, the average user never even LOOKED at their bars unless they were having crackling, static, warped voices or dropped calls, then their eyes would glide up to the bars and say, "Hey, I must be in a bad coverage area", but now, with the Internet sycophants trying hard to get unique visitors to their site to click on their ads, everyone is now a news reporter and doom and gloom sells... tell the public their is an issue and it is Apple's fault, and guess what.... you end up like Toyota... tons of false claims due to paranoia... guess what, people are now buying Toyota again, because it was a few rare instances that the mass bloggers and hysteria brought out as a brake issue and then everyone and their mother was claiming they almost hit a brick wall and they wanted a recall on all Toyotas!

This too will blow over, as the numbers are so low, that frankly I could care less about all of you supposed death-grip suffers... and the best part is? The lawsuit by the left-handed supporters organization... what a joke... LOL, just more proof about how hysteria is pushed by money grubbing ambulance chasers... the fact of life I guess.
    Last edited by jbardi; 2010-07-01 at 09:56 PM.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jbardi For This Useful Post:

ClerkDante (2010-07-01), tecpunk64 (2010-07-02)

It only happens to me while in weaker signal areas.

The same old ignorant apple. They only tell the positives in their products, but hide the cons, and in the end they don't want to admit that their magnificent engineering skills failed horribly.

Quote Originally Posted by jbardi View Post
    Spoiled brats... a lot of the complainers never owned an iPhone before the i4 and this may even be their first treck into the smartphone market, but the fact is, based upon the number of iPhone 4's sold compared to those complaining about the death-grip issue, is almost incalculable... it is so small as to not exist.

Ever heard of mass hysteria? With todays instant news turn around with self-proclaimed knowledge hounds called bloggers, most of which are still living with their parents, the general, uninformed public buys into this fear... "Oh my god... the death grip issue... do I have it? Honey, I think I saw my phone drop a bar... I was walking from the bathroom to the kitchen as I turned the phone sideways a bar dropped off my phone."

The problem is, before this death-grip hysteria, the average user never even LOOKED at their bars unless they were having crackling, static, warped voices or dropped calls, then their eyes would glide up to the bars and say, "Hey, I must be in a bad coverage area", but now, with the Internet sycophants trying hard to get unique visitors to their site to click on their ads, everyone is now a news reporter and doom and gloom sells... tell the public their is an issue an it is Apple's fault, and guess what.... you end up like Toyota... tons of false claims due to paranoia... guess what, people are now buying Toyota again, because it was a few rare instances that the mass bloggers and hysteria brought out as a brake issue and then everyone and their mother was claiming they almost hit a brick wall and they wanted a recall on all Toyotas!

This too will blow over, as the numbers are so low, that frankly I could care less about all of you supposed death-grip suffers... and the best part is? The lawsuit by the left-handed supporters organization... what a joke... LOL, just more proof about how hysteria is pushed by money grubbing ambulance chasers... the fact of life I guess.
    Blah blah blah, you are making stuff up out of your arse. I have owned 4 previous iphones, my wife dropped one. The only reason I found out about this problem is I started dropping calls last Wednesday, the day I got the phone. I quickly did a search and low and behold, lots of people were having this problem. A problem that I never had before, heck I never had a problem with dropped iphone calls before.

As far as numbers go, I have a friend who got an iphone last week. She never reads the boards or anything but she complained that her reception sucked on her new phone. Is she going to post on the internet, nope, she's probably not going to return it either, but that isn't right. So my general thought is all the iphone 4's have this issue, some might not notice it, but I bet every single one has it. So when some of you get out of your parents basement and go off into the real world, you'll suddenly find you have some dropped calls and signal issues. Then of course, your 30 days will be up and you'll be ******** that you can't return it.

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast