Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple: Calm Down, Shut Up, and Go Away with Your Death Grip Talk

Thanks
    To all the people saying that this isn't a problem and oh it doesn't happen to me so it's not an issue, please stfu. You are acting so god dam arrogant how the he'll would you feel if it WAS happening to your phone. You would be just as pissed as the many Americans around the country posting videos and comments. So please if your phoe is working great that's awesome but don't come in here and rant about it not being an issue when cleary IT IS.

Quote Originally Posted by giancarlo View Post
    YouTube - iPhone 4 Signal Death Grip

I think it all depends on where you are......
    It absolutely does! The death grip works for me at work and at home (where I use my phone the most) but outside and at particular places the grip doesnt work at all. AT&T needs to boost their signal or Apple has to release a firmware upgrade to make it how it was in 3.1.3. I used to always get full signal and 3G at work and at home so something is up.

POST 666 AHHHH!!!

PS. I'm not giving up on my i4!!
    MacBook Pro i7
    Dell XPS

makes me want to kick jobs in the nuts

I had this problem in the beginning after getting it activated. I synced it and have had no problems with the "deathgrip" issues.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Eagleye's Avatar
    Thanks

OBVIOUSLY, there is a very small percentage that actually does have a problem and thus, we have complaints. (and im sure there are some noobs out there reading this crap and are like OMG! ME TOO! I WANT A NEW PHONE AND A FREE BUMPER!!) You wouldnt hear about ANY of this if only a small handfull of people had a problem but its obviously larger than that. If this issue has already gotten this far then I believe Apple should do something to help besides just brushing it off. At least release a statement like,

"We have recieved a small percentage of complaints about a reception issue on the new iPhone 4 and we are working hard on a solution to their problems. If anyone else notices anything please contact us with specifics to help us resolve this issue."

If something like that was released, yes, a lot of new iphone owners would send complaints to Apple. However, this time they would feel like they were helping to resolve the issue and then would be more content waiting for a solution that just hearing everyone over there saying "You people are crazy... my phone works great! Its all in your head." Apple, in my experience, has the best customer service for any product I have bought... but if this goes any further without them doing something positive, they could very well damage their image.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

does it have to do with att or its the iphone 4 antenna?

Default Shitty Data and Reception on 2nd iPhone 4
    I'm on my second iphone 4, the first I stood in line for six hours on release day, only to find out neither the front or back cameras worked...stood in line for almost 2 hours for apple 'techs' to determine that indeed, the cameras did not work...

The new phone they gave me has working cameras, a bumper, and funky reception, most notable is poor data. I love my iphones but I am irked to say the least.

iPhone? More like MyPhone realtimedeath's Avatar
    Thanks

I'll say this again one guy in here posted a really viable solution if indeed it is sim tray related they could send out replacement trays with a plastic tray and maybe a metal end to match the rest of the band if not I would a tray made entirely of plastic could look pretty close to metals texture and paint. I like this idea if it proves to be the issue

No antenna problem huh? Watch how fast this goes from full bars to no service:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLw-_gIvs9U]YouTube - iPhone 4 death grip[/ame]

Hmm, funny my iPhone 2G, 3G and 3G S don't have this problem and I hold them the same way. Hell I've held every cell phone in my life the same way and haven't had this issue before.

Default Totally Agree
    Quote Originally Posted by mrguy View Post
    I have no case, and my phone doubt do it either, neither does my wife's phone, I really think people are making this way out of proportion, if u don't like it then return the iPhone its that simple, so either buy a case or return the iPhone so please shut up and move on people
    It's true... there are so many people whining about the product. Just return it so you quit complaining. Post something that's worth reading.

iPhone? More like MyPhone brotherbond007's Avatar
    Thanks

I think its the SIM card. Read a story about how some may have been cut wrong and the chip is making contact somewhere. If this is true, its AT&T fault not Apple.
    Black iPhone 4 iOS4 AT&T

The iPhone 4 "my precious" - Gollum

Thanks

Haha. I feel bad for "Tom". Maybe apple need to shut up and fix the problem.

I spoke to apple support (uk) today and asked when the problem will be resolved and was first asked if i had tryed a bumber bla bla bla and was then told that they are working on the problem as we speak and that the issue will be resolved asap

My iPhone 4 works great, the same reception problems in the same areas in the country.

Quote Originally Posted by brotherbond007 View Post
    I think its the SIM card. Read a story about how some may have been cut wrong and the chip is making contact somewhere. If this is true, its AT&T fault not Apple.
    Mine isn't contacting I checked.

If the SIM Was contacting the tray and shorting out, then it would stand to reason you would never have a signal, not just when your hand touches the phone. Do you really think the SIM card is just rattling around in there, and only when it's held in your hand to your head that it shorts out?

Thanks

That's why I posted that again. I hope it is something that simple to fix. I live in a rural area so my signal when I'm at home is shifty anyways. I usually resort to edge when not on wifi here but 5 miles away in Wilmington i tried to see if my phone was affected by this and it wasn't. I looked at my sim tray and it isn't touching the gold parts of the sim itself. So maybe it's just faulty trays.

Quote Originally Posted by xtroverttwins View Post
    It's true... there are so many people whining about the product. Just return it so you quit complaining. Post something that's worth reading.
    Why don't you post something that's worth reading? If this issue doesn't concern you why are you posting in this thread at all? If you don't like the show, change the channel....

[img]http://cdn-www.i-am-bored.com/media/ihand.jpg[\img]

Here's the solution!

Thanks

That makes sense too. If the thing is touching the tray u probably would never have a signal. Not just when u pick it up. That's a valid point who ever said that. I was trying to post something worthwhile. But it's hard to believe they ****** up this bad and didn't test for this in some kinda way u know.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

"Oh yeah, everyone's been holding the mouse wrong too" - Steve
    Have they released the jailbreak in the app store yet?

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast