Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 120 of 231

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Apple: Calm Down, Shut Up, and Go Away with Your Death Grip Talk

  1. #101
    Quote Originally Posted by moudy View Post
    the most funny explanation about those failures in the iphone 4 came from Jobs on him twitter, when he mentioned that all what people are going through is just because they were pushed to release the product so early because of the HUGE leaking information and samples.
    THAT INSANE PEOPLE, I think he should think twice before he puts the whole "apple" more in mud!

    Steve Jobs isn't on twitter...there is fake steve jobs only.

  2. #102
    I have this problem but don't see it because I use an Incipio case.

  3. #103
    iPhone? More like MyPhone DarkDragonAn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    MD
    Posts
    133
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts

    With me i get zero bars sometime but i have perfect internet connection and i dont get any drop call but the bars good up and down like crazy i for me i think is just a os problem not the phone.

  4. #104
    I love the iPhone. I hate everything else Mac. I have this issue to some extent though the magical voodoo tape on sim card trick helped some. That said...

    ...it really is a stupid thing to argue about it. The facts are that the phone HAS an issue. Whether every phone has it may be a point of argument but the majority (at least the vocal majority) has issues. Anandtech did a very thorough report on it and you really can't argue against that.

    However, no one is forcing to keep the phone. Yes, Apple screwed the pooch but that doesn't mean they owe you anything. Hell, even with the issues the phone has BETTER reception than a 3Gs so Apple didn't lie about that. You have 30 days to return the phone. Yes, it sucks to go back to a 3G or 3Gs or just stop using an iPhone altogether, but it's the one surefire way to voice your opinion: with your wallet. In this case, by taking your money back and business elsewhere.

    That class action lawsuit isn't going to go anywhere because of that. You're not forced to use an iPhone. You may want to, but you don't need to. There's plenty of other options in the market and AT&T/Apple will gladly take the phone back and end your contract at no penalty. Hell, a phone that can't be a phone is an excellent way to not even pay an ETF if you're old contract still wasn't up.

    My point is, complaining about it on the Internet will do nothing. So really, either deal with the flaw (personally since I've always used a right hand to hold/use the phone, it's never affected me) or return the unit. It's really that simple and people are literally blowing this out of proportion.

  5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Happy Noodle Boy For This Useful Post:

    jomo25 (2010-07-01), tecpunk64 (2010-07-01), teddyf1 (2010-07-01)

  6. #105
    Quote Originally Posted by moribo View Post
    Guys... Complete this survey... The results will be sent directly to Apple

    iPhone 4 Signal Survey | BabbleBuzz
    Instead of all arguing.. this might get us somewhere..

    Everybody should contribute to this poll/survey. Hopefully we will be able to see the results also.

  7. #106
    Green Apple moribo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Nottingham, United Kingdom
    Posts
    36
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by UKROB86 View Post
    Instead of all arguing.. this might get us somewhere..

    Everybody should contribute to this poll/survey. Hopefully we will be able to see the results also.
    I will publish the initial results after 100 votes (just to give us an idea...)

    Remember to complete the survey here:

    http://babblebuzz.com/iphone-4-signal-survey/
    Last edited by moribo; 2010-07-01 at 06:47 PM.
    Founder & Owner of Akufu.com

  8. #107
    My iPhone is a Part of Me kuhndsn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Travel-Entire US as well as EU
    Posts
    600
    Thanks
    77
    Thanked 115 Times in 71 Posts

    I only seem to have death grip issues at low cell servIce areas. Geee thank ATT. Lmao. Still happy with my purchace eventhough a cover doesn't work for me. I guess I am highly conductive because my daughter has no death grip. Hmmmm perhaps us death grip can use our force to provide power to the phone. How cool would that be. Lol.
    Seriously I don't see the whole hoopla on this but Apple does need to recognize. They should say. "we realize there is a possible issue and we are working frantically to provide a solution.

  9. #108
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    44
    Thanks
    29
    Thanked 15 Times in 10 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Happy Noodle Boy View Post
    I love the iPhone. I hate everything else Mac. I have this issue to some extent though the magical voodoo tape on sim card trick helped some. That said...

    ...it really is a stupid thing to argue about it. The facts are that the phone HAS an issue. Whether every phone has it may be a point of argument but the majority (at least the vocal majority) has issues. Anandtech did a very thorough report on it and you really can't argue against that.

    However, no one is forcing to keep the phone. Yes, Apple screwed the pooch but that doesn't mean they owe you anything. Hell, even with the issues the phone has BETTER reception than a 3Gs so Apple didn't lie about that. You have 30 days to return the phone. Yes, it sucks to go back to a 3G or 3Gs or just stop using an iPhone altogether, but it's the one surefire way to voice your opinion: with your wallet. In this case, by taking your money back and business elsewhere.

    That class action lawsuit isn't going to go anywhere because of that. You're not forced to use an iPhone. You may want to, but you don't need to. There's plenty of other options in the market and AT&T/Apple will gladly take the phone back and end your contract at no penalty. Hell, a phone that can't be a phone is an excellent way to not even pay an ETF if you're old contract still wasn't up.

    My point is, complaining about it on the Internet will do nothing. So really, either deal with the flaw (personally since I've always used a right hand to hold/use the phone, it's never affected me) or return the unit. It's really that simple and people are literally blowing this out of proportion.
    Thank you. Well said. And with that, I depart this forum. You sir understand exactly what I was trying to explain and have the right attitude in this situation. This country is in real serious trouble if we as a society continue to stray away from a proactive approach to dealing with issues where everyone takes responsibility for their OWN actions and work to remedy them in a constructive way that leads to real change. Instead, we seem to prefer to spew rhetoric, criticism, and voice displeasure while doing nothing else to improve the problems that arise. Good day all and good luck with all your future endeavors, failures and successes. All I ask is that we learn from all of them and grow as human beings in the process.

  10. #109
    Quote Originally Posted by happy noodle boy View Post
    i love the iphone. I hate everything else mac. I have this issue to some extent though the magical voodoo tape on sim card trick helped some. That said...

    ...it really is a stupid thing to argue about it. The facts are that the phone has an issue. Whether every phone has it may be a point of argument but the majority (at least the vocal majority) has issues. Anandtech did a very thorough report on it and you really can't argue against that.

    However, no one is forcing to keep the phone. Yes, apple screwed the pooch but that doesn't mean they owe you anything. Hell, even with the issues the phone has better reception than a 3gs so apple didn't lie about that. You have 30 days to return the phone. Yes, it sucks to go back to a 3g or 3gs or just stop using an iphone altogether, but it's the one surefire way to voice your opinion: With your wallet. In this case, by taking your money back and business elsewhere.

    That class action lawsuit isn't going to go anywhere because of that. You're not forced to use an iphone. You may want to, but you don't need to. There's plenty of other options in the market and at&t/apple will gladly take the phone back and end your contract at no penalty. Hell, a phone that can't be a phone is an excellent way to not even pay an etf if you're old contract still wasn't up.

    My point is, complaining about it on the internet will do nothing. So really, either deal with the flaw (personally since i've always used a right hand to hold/use the phone, it's never affected me) or return the unit. It's really that simple and people are literally blowing this out of proportion.
    ^^^^
    this!

  11. #110
    No problems with mine. But is Apple really being that ugly with customers, sounds like we created a monster. I have four Iphone accounts and only upgraded 1...I'll see how the attitude changes.

  12. #111
    Retired Moderator stlcaddie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Saint Louis, MO
    Posts
    1,088
    Thanks
    140
    Thanked 128 Times in 90 Posts

    No problem here, I couldn't be happier with my iPhone 4 unless it plays with my giblets a little. Now that's a phone.

  13. #112
    Quote Originally Posted by Happy Noodle Boy View Post
    I love the iPhone. I hate everything else Mac. I have this issue to some extent though the magical voodoo tape on sim card trick helped some. That said...

    ...it really is a stupid thing to argue about it. The facts are that the phone HAS an issue. Whether every phone has it may be a point of argument but the majority (at least the vocal majority) has issues. Anandtech did a very thorough report on it and you really can't argue against that.

    However, no one is forcing to keep the phone. Yes, Apple screwed the pooch but that doesn't mean they owe you anything. Hell, even with the issues the phone has BETTER reception than a 3Gs so Apple didn't lie about that. You have 30 days to return the phone. Yes, it sucks to go back to a 3G or 3Gs or just stop using an iPhone altogether, but it's the one surefire way to voice your opinion: with your wallet. In this case, by taking your money back and business elsewhere.

    That class action lawsuit isn't going to go anywhere because of that. You're not forced to use an iPhone. You may want to, but you don't need to. There's plenty of other options in the market and AT&T/Apple will gladly take the phone back and end your contract at no penalty. Hell, a phone that can't be a phone is an excellent way to not even pay an ETF if you're old contract still wasn't up.

    My point is, complaining about it on the Internet will do nothing. So really, either deal with the flaw (personally since I've always used a right hand to hold/use the phone, it's never affected me) or return the unit. It's really that simple and people are literally blowing this out of proportion.
    This is perhaps the dumbest post yet. Do you really think complaining about his on the internet does nothing. I know of 3 people who have iphones back ordered, or perhaps I should say had, two of them have canceled the order and one is on the fence. Do you have to be an apple fan boy to be a moderator or does it just help?

  14. #113
    I spoke to apple support (uk) today and asked when the problem will be resolved and was first asked if i had tryed a bumber bla bla bla and was then told that they are working on the problem as we speak and that the issue will be resolved asap

  15. #114
    Retired Moderator stlcaddie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Saint Louis, MO
    Posts
    1,088
    Thanks
    140
    Thanked 128 Times in 90 Posts

    From a guy named dave:

    If they win does that mean it will set a precedent for these phones with similar problems:

    HTC Droid Incredible:
    YouTube - HTC Droid Incredible signal strength issue

    Nexus One:
    YouTube - Nexus One 3G Problem Part 2 - After the OTA Update

    Nokia E71:
    YouTube - Nokia E71 Signal Issues

  16. #115
    Quote Originally Posted by danny_191 View Post
    I spoke to apple support (uk) today and asked when the problem will be resolved and was first asked if i had tryed a bumber bla bla bla and was then told that they are working on the problem as we speak and that the issue will be resolved asap
    Hopefully that is true, but it is awful easy for a support peon to tell you anything you want to hear to get you off the phone.

  17. #116
    It's funny some people here actually agree with Apple that customer should deal with the problem of the product caused by design flaw or quality control.

    In either case, even it's just 0.01% of the phones' having the problem. Apple should come back to us with effort to solve the problem, not asking us to relax and shut up.

    I am not sure if the "you don't like it, return it" works. 1st of all, I am not sure if I have faith in future Apple products. Secondly, "full refund" only works in USA, there's a huge market/continent in the world called ASIA, which most of the countries in ASIA DOES NOT offer full refund in any cases.

    Plus, Apple charges you 15% restocking if you opened the box... so the "return" BS is not a way to solve this problem.

  18. #117
    Retired Moderator stlcaddie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Saint Louis, MO
    Posts
    1,088
    Thanks
    140
    Thanked 128 Times in 90 Posts

    Poor apple gets crap for something that other phone makers deal with also. Maybe apple shouldn't be so popular and people won't pick at them.

  19. #118
    Quote Originally Posted by stlcaddie View Post
    From a guy named dave:

    If they win does that mean it will set a precedent for these phones with similar problems:

    HTC Droid Incredible:
    YouTube - HTC Droid Incredible signal strength issue

    Nexus One:
    YouTube - Nexus One 3G Problem Part 2 - After the OTA Update

    Nokia E71:
    YouTube - Nokia E71 Signal Issues
    I would guess it depends on the severity of the issue. If the other phones become unusable then yes they would. If they lose a bit of signal, no probably not. Many of the iphone 4's are losing a large amount of signal. Enough so, for some of us anyways, they are no longer usable in areas where 3g's and 3gs' used to work fine. If apple tweaks them to make the signal loss less significant, then most of the issues go away.

  20. #119
    The fix is more the sim card than the phone itself but I know where you're coming from. It's like buying a Ferrari with a bad rattling noise. You take it to the dealer and he'll charge you an arm and a leg to fix it when all you needed was a piece of tape lolz.

  21. #120
    The only thing holding me back from returning the phone is the contract.

    If I return the phone and they waive the contract termination fee which im sure they have to as I signed a new 2 year.

    Say I want to purchase the white iPhone 4 down the line when these issues are resolved, would I get it for 299 32GB as a new customer? Or is the 299 price for only "upgrade eligible" customers?

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •