Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple: Calm Down, Shut Up, and Go Away with Your Death Grip Talk

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Mine even does it with a bumper case on it... Not the "death grip" but any way I hold it... Right hand, left hand, it immediately loses bars if I touch the bottom or sides of the phone.... Not good.... ;( that even the precious bumper couldn't fix it amazed me...

iPhone? More like MyPhone mmurphmsu's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by adp View Post
    I have the issue, but I have yet to drop a call. 3G speed does decrease though.
    Thats my exact problem too. I don't have problems with voice but do data. I have a case around the whole thing too. But I think my issue is due to poor signal at where I work. Everywhere else I go where I have 3G I don't have data speed issues.
    Please hit "Thanks!" if I helped you.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dale1v View Post
    No. Apple moved the antenna. That isn't what I'd call pioneering. I read an article by an antenna engineer a few days ago. He stated that the iPhone 4 antenna is superior to other phones - if the phone were to be suspended in the air. He says by simply holding it, much of the advantage of that array is lost... (I can't find the link atm)

Entitlement? When you sign into a contract (and pay for the phone separately) you are entitled to a means in which you can use the services that came with the contract. This is not happening for people. Apple appear to be incredibly dismissive in regards to the issue as well. This is a problem.

Returning it is not a valid solution. Stop passing it off as such.

To me, the people who hold back advancement are those in a monopoly market structure, or those who take it lying down and reduce the incentive for companies to improve their products. These are the entities I'd like to see leave the industry. Your previous two posts have made yourself appear as one of them.
    I'll take your point, one by one. Any moving of parts internally with the iPhone was an attempt by Apple to make the iPhone more compact and to have a bigger battery...one thing that has always been asked for with previous models. With certain advances and improvements in one area, there may be sacrifices made in others that were not forseen or expected. Apple hears you...no matter what they say. Trust that solutions are being looked at if indeed an issue exists and anything coming from them to the contrary is merely a gut reaction to some of the behavior from some of you. Return the device. Again, simple solution. You have a 30-day return policy that will free you from any contract you signed.

And as far as the contract requirements...your issue is with AT&T. Not Apple. I think those of you who wish to make that point need to separate apples from oranges. Pun intended (Apples = apple, Oranges = AT&T's color scheme...LOL). Apple is the manufacturer of the device, AT&T provides the network and the 2-yr contractual commitment. If you are having network or dropped call issues, most of the time it may be as a result of the sh*TY network its on. Complain to them.

All my other points do not need to be restated in this response. Nothing that was said invalidated them. That is my simply my opinion.
    Last edited by teddyf1; 2010-07-01 at 05:27 PM.

The only reason why people are talking about this is because it's an iPhone, if it was anything else no one would care, fir this if u who do have the issue, don't just deal with, buy a case like u were going to from the very begging, out of the 1.7 million iPhones out there probably 1.6 were going to get a case, now every one is just milking it, it us a problem, not for me atleast, but for those who do have the problem deal with it quietly I bet apple would be doing much more if people were reasonable instead of just badmouthing the company, no apple fan here either, they need to fix this but people need to be more reasonable, no of you have made this big of a deal with any other products in the past, so why now??
    Do u need to be heard?
    Go cry to mom she'll give u a cookie

I hope it is a limited issue so I can just get a new iphone and it is solved. However, I think it is a widespread issue. I think the drop in signal happens on all phones, however if you are in an area of strong coverage you can lose a lot of signal before your bars drop from 5 to 4 and on down. It takes very little signal drop to go from 4 to 0, just the way the signal meter is set up from apple. Sooo, you guys with a strong signal are probably losing just as much signal as those of us with the issue are, you just started out a lot higher to begin with.

Livin the iPhone Life ALIEN1974's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,975 Times in 1,579 Posts

Steve owns an HTC,thats why he cant see the problem...lol

Yeah my last post was bad.
    I guess typing while dumping is not my thing...

Green Apple
    Thanks

^^^ Um...too much info here. LOL

I, also dont seem to be having any issues...even if it is 1% or less of total iphones, Apple still should replace it or do something about it. It is obviously their fault.

Quote Originally Posted by Rokesomesmeefer View Post
    Deciding whether there is an issue or not is irrelevant now. There IS a problem, otherwise there would not be thousands of iPhone 4 owners complaining less than a week out of the gate. Apple needs to pony up and take care of business, otherwise there are going to be boatloads of unhappy Apple customers switching over to Android phones in the very near future.

Instead of blowing customers off with lies about "lies", they need to accept that there is a problem and, more importantly, ACKNOWLEDGE that there is a problem and that they are working to fix it. You'll find that what makes most customers happy is the knowledge that you are working on a problem. Hell, even if you never figure it out, as long as the customer perceives that you are doing something to fix it, they'll be patient and happy. At the very least, it gives you more time to come up with a fix. The LAST thing you do is piss the customer off.
    Where are you getting your "thousands" from? Please cite referrences if you are going to make a claim that big.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to squassss For This Useful Post:

rkswat (2010-07-01), teddyf1 (2010-07-01)

Why do internet nerds use the death expression with faults in computer equipment? There's the blue screen of DEATH for windows, there's the red ring of DEATH for xbox 360 and now its the DEATH-grip for the iphone 4. And im sure there's others i am not aware off. It's annoying.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MIKE DUB For This Useful Post:

tecpunk64 (2010-07-01), teddyf1 (2010-07-01)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by prankz55 View Post
    Apple must do something to this .... People lets revolt against apple on this issue ....
    Yes...let's revolt! We the oppressed need to rise up and strike a blow against our ruthless and violent oppressor that is Apple Inc. We have been mistreated and forsaken for way too long! Goodness...in 4 years we've gotten 4 new iPhones with each one better and more innovative than the last. My goodness...how long can we continue to take this?! I say we gather all our collective might and bring down the ol' mighty behemoth that has ruined our lives and defeated our spirits. How dare they treat us this way?!!!

Sound ridiculous?

It's relative mind you, very relative. And in that I mean it's relative in a literal and figurative sense. Read into it what you will.

Quote Originally Posted by Chityuulay View Post
    Bad customer service, very unreasonable. make me regret jumping into AT&T. some people said oh " IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT RETURN IT!" it going to cost me activation fees + 10% restocking fee. possibly lose my phone #.
    you will not be charged a restocking fee for a problematic device inside of 30 days.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to adrian1480 For This Useful Post:

teddyf1 (2010-07-01)

The Die has been cast, Jobs arrogance has pushed me over the edge, my new HTC desire will be delivered tomorow. I will play with that for a few months,until this debacle is sorted,if ever.
    I can't believe the guy, I have been Appleised since the first iphone,and have never had any reception issues on any of them.
    HTC, Sony ect must be laughing their socks off.

The thing with the iPhone is the typical type of behavior by a company:

1. If you do something wrong to them,they charge you, sue you ,whatever. For example Steve Jobs was not calmed down when Gizmodo leaked iPhone 4. Was it not just a phone then?

2. When the company does something wrong to you, then they just want you to deal with it, calm down, chill out, take it easy, stay tuned...and so on.

I ordered a tux from Men's Warehouse and despite the measuring they did, they still got the size wrong. They just told me to come back the next day when I needed the tux that very day.
    They charge you $20/day if you return a tux late (they don't forgive you for being late). So they can mess up and brush it off, while the customer is punished severely.

So Apple can send the dogs to rampage Gizmodo's house, but when Apple's messes up the same phone, then we need to chill.

Apple's arrogance is unfair.
    Last edited by billmilo; 2010-07-01 at 05:46 PM.

Thanks

Do a SURVEY!!! How many people ACTUALLY have this problem??? Certainly, there is some issue... but how big an issue is it? 1,000 very angry people would want their story told and can blog and complain diligently about it..... While thousands of happy people don't have a story so they're most likely remaining silent. (I for one do NOT have the problem, and I do not use a case.)

20. The Following User Says Thank You to ctrobins For This Useful Post:

twitchthecat (2010-07-07)

iPhone? More like MyPhone realtimedeath's Avatar
    Thanks

Look at the way Microsoft handled the whole Red Rings fiasco. I personally sent in 3 separate units and each was returned quickly and with some free xboxlive gold time.

I don't think it fair for people to have to return their phones in "hopes" of a resolution. All of us here clearly prefer apple products. A few of u have made really insiteful comments especially the guy who mentioned a plastic sim tray replacement. Thoughts on that idea anyone. It could have the same paint an texture on the visible piece

Quote Originally Posted by teddyf1 View Post
    You know what is more arrogant? Wanting the world to stop for you because you are having an issue with a product you purchased. If you have an issue...RETURN IT AND GET YOUR MONEY BACK. Simple problem...simple solution. What's so hard about this? The mere fact that you are returning the product, especially if there are many of you, will get the manufacturer's attention and produce results down the line to mitigate and correct those issues for the next person....who might even be you later on. Freedom of speech is a wonderful thing. There are many instances when screaming from the top of your lungs and flailing your arms like a madman to demand attention is appropriate. Buying a piece of "faulty" hardware is not one of them. It has an easy, readily available remedy. RETURN IT IN IT'S ORIGINAL PACKAGING WITH A RECEIPT, GET YOUR MONEY BACK. Everything else in life that ails us should have such an expedient resolution.

Wait...I know...some of you want Steve Jobs himself to come to your home, have you demonstrate the problem to him personally, and have him pay off your mortgage, pay the first year of your kids' college tuition, and oh yeah, replace your iPhone on the spot without you having to leave your home. Oh...and don't forget the free bumper case.

Grow up.
    WOW, he must be working for Steve Jobs.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by adrian1480 View Post
    you will not be charged a restocking fee for a problematic device inside of 30 days.
    People should KNOW THEIR FACTS before they complain. Thank you for correcting. Hopefully those with an issue will now ACT instead of sitting back, complaining, and waiting for them to be made whole from the comfort of their keisters.

Quote Originally Posted by adrian1480 View Post
    That's is not what they told me. they said it has nothing to do with phone, it is service. when i get to AT&T, then the other way around they playing volley balls.

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast