Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Planetbeing Up For Challenge to Make iPhone 4 Exploit Jailbreak Happen

Good but still no JB for iOs4 running on 3GS 3.1.3 new bootram unjailbroken phones with Spirit.

Why r u tmobile users still tmobile subscribers. Get on AT&T and enjoy fast 3G on the iPhone 4 along with visual voicemail lmao

How do you quote from the iPhone version of this site? Or do anything but quick reply for that matter?

Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by HxC Zach View Post
    So since the iPhone 4 has been jailbroken. Does that mean the 3GS with the new bootrom can be jailbroken too? Or is the iPhone 4 on something totally different?
    Unfortunately, this is completely unrelated to any 3GS jailbreaks or anything. However, I do believe Comex's new exploit should work on the 3gs.

Quote Originally Posted by DJM AutoWerkz View Post
    Why r u tmobile users still tmobile subscribers. Get on AT&T and enjoy fast 3G on the iPhone 4 along with visual voicemail lmao
    I've never understood this either. For a while I was unaware that they were only on T-Mobile Edge and just assumed it was a preference thing. Once I learned they only get Edge on tmobile i was baffled.

Quote Originally Posted by paganizonda83 View Post
    Unfortunately, this is completely unrelated to any 3GS jailbreaks or anything. However, I do believe Comex's new exploit should work on the 3gs.

I've never understood this either. For a while I was unaware that they were only on T-Mobile Edge and just assumed it was a preference thing. Once I learned they only get Edge on tmobile i was baffled.
    Some of these users are from out of country and are on a legit t-mobile/3g plan, no?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,182 Times in 915 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bobright View Post
    Some of these users are from out of country and are on a legit t-mobile/3g plan, no?
    Also there are users that prefer T-Mobile. There are places where t-mobile gets service that ATT does not. Some may be in WiFi zones a lot also so the data connection wouldn't matter.

It is all user preference.
    [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

Thanks
    Thanked 1,175 Times in 724 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by eortizr View Post
    all iphones are boring without jb
    Think you got your B and J backwards.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to one1 For This Useful Post:

mortopher (2010-07-01)

Quote Originally Posted by paganizonda83 View Post
    Example:

Lets imagine Scorecenter (I have no idea if this is a freeze state app or not at the moment, just using an example) is on the 2nd page of my springboard in my sports folder.

Pretend I'm using Meebo and want to go look check the scores of a game on my Scorecenter app. In order to access it on the springboard i have to tap the home button (1), swipe to the 2nd page (2), open the sports folder (3), and then finally tap the Scorecenter app, making it a total of four gestures to reach the app on the springboard while in the middle of another app. Now, the algorithm I was saying Apple should use would determine where in the Quicklaunch queue Scorecenter would take more gestures to reach than in the previous example. For arguments sake I am counting the doubletap to open the quicklaunch as one gesture. Using this method I would open the quicklaunch (1), swipe left to 2nd grouping (2), swipe left to 3rd grouping (3) and then select the app from the queue (4). This would mean that any position in the queue after the first 3 groupings (first 12 apps in the queue) would require more gestures than just opening it from the SB. Therefore iOS would be able to determine it is a waste to have the app stored in the queue once it reaches position 13 and would thus kill the app and remove it from the list.

I understand that this would take a bit of time at the beginning to become accustomed to, but it would be very simple to use down the road.
    This wouldn't work, really. Here's why. Every action that you take with your iPhone that changes the amount of gestures that it would take to get to an app, it would have to recalculate whether the app should be on the quick launch or not. What would stay and what would disappear on the quick launch would change with every single page flip and app launch.

Example:
    You're not always going to be starting from the home screen of the spring board. Let's say you're in an app that's located on the second page. To get to that Scorecenter app, you'll hit the home button (1), tap the Sports folder (2), and tap the app's icon (3). Now, this algorithm will delete Scorecenter from the quick launch if it is located after the second group.

But here's the thing. The instant you press the home button and reach the second page of the spring board, it now only takes 2 guestures until you could access the Sportcenter app normally, so it would delete the app if it was past the first group of apps on the quick launch.

That's the point, though, right? No, because what happens if you re-open your Meebo app? Then you are back to 3 potential gestures to open Sportcenter, but it's been deleted from the quick lanuch already! Apps could be deleted almost instantaneously from the list in this manner, depending on your navigation habits while using your phone.
    /Example

The other reason why I don't think this would be a good solution is because nobody is going to be able to figure out in their head, on the fly, how many gestures it will take to access each app via each method before just trying one. It would take less time to go through the 4 gestures to get to the Sportcenter app in your example than it would to determine which would be faster.

I do admit, though, that it was a really cool idea when I first read it.

I think the best way of handling it automatically is for the phone to start removing the least used from the list after different intervals of the phone being asleep. after 5 minutes, delete the app all the way to the right. 5 minutes later, delete the next one. And so forth, until all apps have been removed from the quick launch.

Of course, this wouldn't match everyone's preference, and more options would be nice, but this is Apple we're talking about, not Google! And this is one of the few decent ideas I have that are realistic, that would be fairly invisible to the average user.

w00t is right... 3g unrestrictor facetime!!! yay!

I hope they can release a jb using the spirit exploit for now, I'd hate to see them fix the bootrom exploit for the next ipods (/ipad 2??). The jailbreak devs should agree to release a fixable, maybe even untethered, jailbreak for now until the next ipod touch is out
    Wanna-be coder/iphone user since '08

Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Levirules View Post
    This wouldn't work, really. Here's why. Every action that you take with your iPhone that changes the amount of gestures that it would take to get to an app, it would have to recalculate whether the app should be on the quick launch or not. What would stay and what would disappear on the quick launch would change with every single page flip and app launch.

Example:
    You're not always going to be starting from the home screen of the spring board. Let's say you're in an app that's located on the second page. To get to that Scorecenter app, you'll hit the home button (1), tap the Sports folder (2), and tap the app's icon (3). Now, this algorithm will delete Scorecenter from the quick launch if it is located after the second group.

But here's the thing. The instant you press the home button and reach the second page of the spring board, it now only takes 2 guestures until you could access the Sportcenter app normally, so it would delete the app if it was past the first group of apps on the quick launch.

That's the point, though, right? No, because what happens if you re-open your Meebo app? Then you are back to 3 potential gestures to open Sportcenter, but it's been deleted from the quick lanuch already! Apps could be deleted almost instantaneously from the list in this manner, depending on your navigation habits while using your phone.
    /Example

The other reason why I don't think this would be a good solution is because nobody is going to be able to figure out in their head, on the fly, how many gestures it will take to access each app via each method before just trying one. It would take less time to go through the 4 gestures to get to the Sportcenter app in your example than it would to determine which would be faster.

I do admit, though, that it was a really cool idea when I first read it.

I think the best way of handling it automatically is for the phone to start removing the least used from the list after different intervals of the phone being asleep. after 5 minutes, delete the app all the way to the right. 5 minutes later, delete the next one. And so forth, until all apps have been removed from the quick launch.

Of course, this wouldn't match everyone's preference, and more options would be nice, but this is Apple we're talking about, not Google! And this is one of the few decent ideas I have that are realistic, that would be fairly invisible to the average user.
    Ahh yes, the phone home button takes you to the SB page the last app was on, not to the first page. That does change things up a bit.

Actually, I don't think it would matter that much, you would just have to just tweak the algorithm a bit to give the "via SB" route to an app a naturally higher score than it's relative Quicklaunch route. Essentially it would do the same thing except it would only kill apps that were say 4 or 5 gestures quicker via Quicklaunch route.

While thinking about all of this, I don't see how Apple couldn't just change the home button so that it takes you to the first page of the SB instead of the last page of the SB you were on. Most people put their more frequently used apps closer to the "front" anyways. Those who don't do that, and have frequently used apps on "deeper" pages, would still have those apps near the front of the quicklaunch queue.

Thanks

something good that will come of this is that we will actually get the jailbreak for iphone 4 and not a tweet saying "stop asking".
    Quote Originally Posted by ??????
    Hi. Does anyone know is iBlacklist available in the app store? can it only be purchased outside the app store? If so, is it hard to install? Thanks everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by metaljay View Post
    wow my iphone4 is boring without a jailbreak lol
    omg yes!!!

I'm hoping by next week I can stop checking mmi and twitter every 5 minutes. I need mywi!

@chpwn Fifteen apps open and 100mb RAM free. Very impressive. Go iPhone 4!

does that mean its jailbroken and hes checking with sbsettings??!

He could be using iStat

Dude, here's a tip for those iPhone 4 owners who are stuck on the "Connect to iTunes" screen. Just take a old AT&T SIM Card, and cut it, and insert it into the iPhone 4, then connect it to iTunes, and BOOM! Activated!. >_<" Hope this helps, it sure worked for me! Let me know if i helped anyone.
    "The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear"

'Follow Me on [email protected]' I always Follow Back.

Quote Originally Posted by x999x View Post
    If it was a recent app, it will be on the first page, and furthermore if you're already on the springboard, just tap the app's icon there to save yourself those valuable 3 seconds swiping .__.
    My question is.. why the hell is there a 'dock' type task switcher at all? Why not do something like Backgrounder does with the lower-left badges, and just use the springboard? Apple's dock solution sucks.

The only way I'd say it's even SOMEWHAT useful is maybe if it came up and filled the whole screen with icons of things that are running.. like the springboard, but an overlay. The hold-then-hit-minus to close nonsense is a huge PiTA also.. totally retarded. Should be drag to throw away like Apple's Mac dock and Palm Pre / ProSwitcher.
    Anybody want a 32GB Mint Condition Black JB Unlocked 3GS? PM me with offers.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hectoraponte67 View Post
    I'm in the same boat..! iOS4 in a 3GS and firmware 05-13-04 model mc without jailbreak. I miss my jailbreak in 3.1.3. and Blackra1n.
    Same problem here. Could it be that iTunes 9.2 update holding us back? because I've tried many if not all the ways around to JB, even downgrading to JB has become a hassle. SMFH

"iPhone 4 jailbreak this changes everything. Again"
    even Steve Jobs could not have said It better himself

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast